The problem with the UK is this.......

tracy123

I am told Australia is crime free to. Sounds perfect.

I have never heard anyone anywhere ever say that Australia is crime free which would be a ludicrous statement, or is that a sarcastic comment?:unsure:

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF
I have never heard anyone anywhere ever say that Australia is crime free which would be a ludicrous statement, or is that a sarcastic comment?:unsure:

:biglaugh::laugh::notworthy::notworthy::wub:

Guest fungi

No ask any one its cheap to move there. Its easy and in expensive to get your parents over there. Then there are all the fantastic jobs with generous pay.Oh and the cheap housing, solid and built to such high standards. But do not expect to get work in pest control though. There are none.

No ask any one its cheap to move there. Its easy and in expensive to get your parents over there. Then there are all the fantastic jobs with generous pay.Oh and the cheap housing, solid and built to such high standards. But do not expect to get work in pest control though. There are none.

Fair enough it was a sarcastic post then, i take it you are not happy then.:no:

Guest Guest 47403

I think judging by his other posts Fungi like a few others has failed to make his move to Oz work and has a bit of resentment to express on PIO.

Poor chap get it off your chest.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest chris955

Could you be more condescending ?

I think judging by his other posts Fungi like a few others has failed to make his move to Oz work and has a bit of resentment to express on PIO.

Guest siamsusie

I recognise the handwriting from somewhere:daydreaming:

Guest Guest 47403
Could you be more condescending ?

Oh yes Chris I could be believe me, but I won't because I'm not like that old boy.

Guest guest37336

Hi Fungi.

Judging by your user name and some of your previous posts, I would say you have been kept in the dark too long,:wink::embarrassed:.

Get out more mate, and look for the positives a bit, not all sunshine and roses I admit, but look a little deeper mate, it is there somewhere.

Guest Guest37175

Isn't that one of the purposes of PIO, to have a have a little vent when things don't go so well?. MBTTUK would seem to me to be the appropriate place for posters who it hasn't worked out for in Oz.

You never know, you might find yourself feeling something similar in a year or two.

Guest guest37336
Isn't that one of the purposes of PIO, to have a have a little vent when things don't go so well?. MBTTUK would seem to me to be the appropriate place for posters who it hasn't worked out for in Oz.

You never know, you might find yourself feeling something similar in a year or two.

Hi Oz.

I couldn't agree more mate,of course it does good to vent now and again, without a doubt it does. All I was saying that if the negatives are always looked for, then they WILL be found is all.

Mate, I have had an off and on relationship with Australia for over thirty years, and I am not immune to its failings, I have always said this, and will continue to do so. I am aware that at times Australia can be a nightmare for some, and at one point it was for me when I first emigrated. Believe me if there was a PIO when I first arrived I would have been the main contributor to MBTTUK, I would have received infraction after infraction and no doubt a life ban,:embarrassed::biglaugh:.

Bloody sun this, no culture here, spiders, snakes, people, the list WAS endless, BUT.

Eventually I found out one thing, and it was as simple as this.

Australia was NEVER going to change and to expect it to was grossly unfair, it was ME that HAD to change my ideas, ideals, expectation, (both up and down) in order fro me to make Australia my home, it was bloody hard at times, but I did it, and by gum am I ow pleased that eventually I found my own small piece of land that I can feel eternally comfortable and content in.

It still isn't perfect, and STILL at times certain things get stuck in my craw, but to waste valuable time and effort on such things will never make me happy is all. It was one hell of a journey in those early years, trying to get a young family through the trauma and worry that any over overseas entails, but we did, (often sacrificing much) and we can all now call Australia a place where I find myself far happier than when I am in the UK.

And one last note Oz, I do know your own personal circumstances, you were good enough to Pm me on certain occasions and put up several threads at your unhappiness at a return to Australia, and I say again, you have my fullest admiration for putting your family first mate, you really do, at the sacrifice of your own happiness, with hand on heart Oz I don't know if I could have done this,:notworthy:.

But all I hope I was truing to convey (glibly I admit) was that at times it is extremely difficult to see the positives when all there seems to be are negatives, but hopefully in the end things start to look a bit better is all, and this is also a sentiment I also hold for you Oz, truly mate I do.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest Guest37175
Hi Oz.

I couldn't agree more mate,of course it does good to vent now and again, without a doubt it does. All I was saying that if the negatives are always looked for, then they WILL be found is all.

Mate, I have had an off and on relationship with Australia for over thirty years, and I am not immune to its failings, I have always said this, and will continue to do so. I am aware that at times Australia can be a nightmare for some, and at one point it was for me when I first emigrated. Believe me if there was a PIO when I first arrived I would have been the main contributor to MBTTUK, I would have received infraction after infraction and no doubt a life ban,:embarrassed::biglaugh:.

Bloody sun this, no culture here, spiders, snakes, people, the list WAS endless, BUT.

Eventually I found out one thing, and it was as simple as this.

Australia was NEVER going to change and to expect it to was grossly unfair, it was ME that HAD to change my ideas, ideals, expectation, (both up and down) in order fro me to make Australia my home, it was bloody hard at times, but I did it, and by gum am I ow pleased that eventually I found my own small piece of land that I can feel eternally comfortable and content in.

It still isn't perfect, and STILL at times certain things get stuck in my craw, but to waste valuable time and effort on such things will never make me happy is all. It was one hell of a journey in those early years, trying to get a young family through the trauma and worry that any over overseas entails, but we did, (often sacrificing much) and we can all now call Australia a place where I find myself far happier than when I am in the UK.

And one last note Oz, I do know your own personal circumstances, you were good enough to Pm me on certain occasions and put up several threads at your unhappiness at a return to Australia, and I say again, you have my fullest admiration for putting your family first mate, you really do, at the sacrifice of your own happiness, with hand on heart Oz I don't know if I could have done this,:notworthy:.

But all I hope I was truing to convey (glibly I admit) was that at times it is extremely difficult to see the positives when all there seems to be are negatives, but hopefully in the end things start to look a bit better is all, and this is also a sentiment I also hold for you Oz, truly mate I do.

Brilliantly put Tony. I'm learning this, slowly, but I'm getting there!

There is no need to be so patronising and sarcastic. Can I just ask you, are you already here in Oz or still back in the Uk?

Never a truer word said,, excellent post Tony and one i could have written myself.

Cal x

Guest chris955

Absolutely spot on, this forum is the most appropriate place for venting these sorts of things, accurate or not it doesn't matter if it is the way the poster feels. Look at how many clearly inaccurate things are posted about both countries in other parts of the forum and they seemingly go unnoticed. Why does this section of all the parts of this forum attract so many determined to defend this country ?

I dont think the majority of members have an issue with anyone venting,, but the case /member you are actually discussing isnt venting,, venting and what the member is doing are 2 very different things.

So before things blow out of proportion can we leave it be whilst mods and admin deal and as we have said millions of times -

PLEASE DONT FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!

Cal x

Guest Guest 47403

That may well happen hopefully not but it might, but if it did I'd like to think I'm man enough to explain why it didn't work not just take cheap shots at everything I didn't like about Australia :tongue::tongue:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

The problem with the uk is................ to get back on track. :wink:

The government are wasting billions of pounds overseas, our money is seeping out of the uk and............ us tax payers are having to suffer no pay rises for 4 years.

Why do we put up with this nonsense?

The government are taking us for a ride.

The problem with the uk is................ to get back on track. :wink:

The government are wasting billions of pounds overseas, our money is seeping out of the uk and............ us tax payers are having to suffer no pay rises for 4 years.

Why do we put up with this nonsense?

The government are taking us for a ride.

Thats OK Hoffmeister, the UK has a new dinamic duo to run the country so it shouldnt be too long before the Condem party put all thrings right and the uk is smelling of roses again. Just hang on in there Dave and Nick will put it all right as the naughty Labour party were solely responsible for such a mess :biglaugh::wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Don't get me started on useless Labour, but these two clowns are saying to us............ tighten your belts, tighten your belts and then................ giving away multiple billions of pounds to prop up bankrupt EU countries and £650 million has just been given to Pakistan.................... WHY?

Don't get me started on useless Labour, but these two clowns are saying to us............ tighten your belts, tighten your belts and then................ giving away multiple billions of pounds to prop up bankrupt EU countries and £650 million has just been given to Pakistan.................... WHY?

I dont get the Pakistan thing either hoff, any country that can afford to have nuclear weapons should certainly not get any help from other countries.

Not to mention the money spent on the military support for the so-called rebels in Libya. Strange how they all seem to have had an AK47 and a rocket launcher, or something similar, sat in the back shed for just this type of emergency. No food for the family but plenty of guns and ammo.

I love it when immigrants complain about immigrants, it's even funnier when people say one of the reasons they want to emigrate is because of all the immigrants. :-)

Also people who live in a country built on immigrants shouldnt really complain about immigrants.

Archived