The problem with the UK is this.......

tracy123

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your post comes across as mildly racist. Why are they 'scroungers'? I agree that immigration isn't policed sufficiently, but keep the debate political, don't blame the people who just like you are seeking a better life.

Mildly racist :biglaugh:

Theres no racism in his post, i think you should delete what you have said.

Thanks hoff but you know as well as me that i am no racist:wubclub:

Guest Jarper

You're insinuating that foreigners are invading and changing your way of life. You aren't forced to visit the mosque every morning, work all day for your Iraqi overlords, eat Indian cuisine and shop at the polish market. You will not give multiculturalism a chance because you have already decided they are robbing scumbags, and count yourself lucky that Australians don't think the same way.

Its not that foreigners are invading and changing a way of life... Multiculturalism can be a wonderfully enriching condition for any country.

More that many immigrants arrive in this country with no money or assets or even a job and immediately receive benefits and accommodation etc....

From what I see of the process of emigrating to Australia this is not possible except perhaps under extreme conditions. Its a shame that those stringent rules aren't applied here for all our benefit!

Guest NeilEB

Argggghhhhhh

Why is it as soon as someone mentions immigration to the UK, the left have to play the racism card.

There was nothing racist at all in his post, as I don't believe he mentioned a race - you are the one that mentioned a mosque and Iraq.

The fact is we have far too many people coming over and not contributing to society, and immediately they are given housing, cash benefits, and free health service - why shouldn't we be allowed to complain about that?

At least Australia are sensible enough to only allow skilled migrants in who can fill needed gaps in the labour market, and who will be contributing to society.

I love the UK, I just hate what it's becoming

Well I hate to burst anyone's bubble but Australia takes in a fair few immigrants itself,who are put up in swanky hotels as temporary accommodation.They are given government handouts and yes the locals complain .Much like the Uk then eh ?

Hopefully some-one will come along and post some links to recent stories that have hit the papers here.Still can't get links to work

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Europe have just ruled on the uk prioners ban on voting and................... no surprise they say it is a breach of their human rights and so the government have been made to look fools, just like i predicted. I don't care whether prisoners can vote or not, but i do care that Europe are telling our government what to do................. a minister said its time to come out of the EU jurisdiction on decision making and reclaim our right to make our own decisions....................... how long have we been saying that.

Guest NeilEB

Yep - and we were never given a choice of joining the EU, but I digress.

The main problem is that refugees are meant to seek asylum in the first country they arrive in - this clearly isn't happening with most EU nations turning a blind eye as people chose the UK as a haven knowing what government assistance they will get.

In fact most economic migrants from the EU are incredibly hard working, and definitely contribute to the economy.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Well I hate to burst anyone's bubble but Australia takes in a fair few immigrants itself,who are put up in swanky hotels as temporary accommodation.They are given government handouts and yes the locals complain .Much like the Uk then eh ?

Hopefully some-one will come along and post some links to recent stories that have hit the papers here.Still can't get links to work

I think the situation in the uk dwarfs what is happening in Australia, countrywide it is effecting, schooling, hospitals, employment, housing etc............. it is a problem on a grand scale and even Gormless Gordon Brown said, people in the uk have genuine concerns about unchecked immigration and it doesn't mean they are racist.

Guest Jarper

In fact most economic migrants from the EU are incredibly hard working, and definitely contribute to the economy.
This was my point

Guest NeilEB

Jim I used to like you, then you go and mention Gordon Brown! May he never darken our country again.

Anyway I'm withdrawing form this thread - it's making me really annoyed

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Yep - and we were never given a choice of joining the EU, but I digress.

The main problem is that refugees are meant to seek asylum in the first country they arrive in - this clearly isn't happening with most EU nations turning a blind eye as people chose the UK as a haven knowing what government assistance they will get.

The vast majority are hard working law abiding people, but the problem the uk faced under Labour was - when we went into recession and jobs became tight, the numbers weren't cut, whereas when the economy slowed in Australia, they cut back their numbers because they weren't being told what to do by Europe.

Guest chris955

Yes you are right, it has been causing quite a stir up here with the Government paying out millions to house them in, as you say, good hotels. They also get benefits etc just like back in the UK.

You're insinuating that foreigners are invading and changing your way of life. You aren't forced to visit the mosque every morning, work all day for your Iraqi overlords, eat Indian cuisine and shop at the polish market. You will not give multiculturalism a chance because you have already decided they are robbing scumbags, and count yourself lucky that Australians don't think the same way.

You are damn right i am insinuating that foreigners are invading and changing our way of life, the immigration policy over the last few years has seen anyone who wants to come here welcomed regardless of there worth to the country, so indirectly that has put a massive strain on the benefits system and the NHS and meaning that the good old taxpayer like me has to pay for it and if i want to moan about it then i am perfectly within my rights to. Does that make me a racist as you accused me of being, in your mind yes it does in most peoples minds no it dosnt. You accused me of being a racist because i called lazy foreign dead beats who come here just for the benefits they recieve scroungers, well i have just the same thoughts on Mr and Mrs Smith who have 5 kids and have never worked and like to milk the system and whose past family have lived in Britain for hundreds of years, in your little world calling them scroungers would make me a racist:no:, playing the pathetic racist card everytime someone questions Britains immigration policy has started to wear a bit thin and imo you can shove the racist card where the sun dosnt shine:dull:

And by the way what on earth has indian food got to do with the price of fish?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Stories like the one on sky news over foreign nationals, doesn't help things............. it was discovered that the border agencies had lost over 400,000 illegals in the uk and decided to right off their cases............... they say it as a matter of fact, but............. it makes the publics blood boil that such incompetence is rife and cutting 5,000 staff will just open the floodgates.

Stories like the one on sky news over foreign nationals, doesn't help things............. it was discovered that the border agencies had lost over 400,000 illegals in the uk and decided to right off their cases............... they say it as a matter of fact, but............. it makes the publics blood boil that such incompetence is rife and cutting 5,000 staff will just open the floodgates.

The Governments plan is to cut many civil service jobs. They fought the election saying they would get rid of all unecessary civil service jobs quoting about 2 or 3 high paid ridiculous staff that was not the norm. And the general public decided that the average civil servant was on £80,000 a year and therefore needed to be cut. :swoon: Have you got any idea what working for the civil service entails. The vast majority of us are on normal if not lower than average wage. Have you got any idea what it is like to be behind a counter for a lot of these jobs. The abuse etc. Your own boss doesnt like you. The gerneral public doesnt like you and your place of work is in danger of being part of a major bombing attack. It really is not a nice place to be at the moment and the lovely present government wants to cut the jobs further because to make themselves popular with the voting public they have to find someone to get rid of. The other options are NHS, Police or Schools. Well lets face it we all know where we would vote. But when you cant get your bins emptied, your Redundancy pay sorted, your benefits sorted, your Border Agency stopping would be terrorists.......................................:goofy:

The Governments plan is to cut many civil service jobs. They fought the election saying they would get rid of all unecessary civil service jobs quoting about 2 or 3 high paid ridiculous staff that was not the norm. And the general public decided that the average civil servant was on £80,000 a year and therefore needed to be cut. :swoon: Have you got any idea what working for the civil service entails. The vast majority of us are on normal if not lower than average wage. Have you got any idea what it is like to be behind a counter for a lot of these jobs. The abuse etc. Your own boss doesnt like you. The gerneral public doesnt like you and your place of work is in danger of being part of a major bombing attack. It really is not a nice place to be at the moment and the lovely present government wants to cut the jobs further because to make themselves popular with the voting public they have to find someone to get rid of. The other options are NHS, Police or Schools. Well lets face it we all know where we would vote. But when you cant get your bins emptied, your Redundancy pay sorted, your benefits sorted, your Border Agency stopping would be terrorists.......................................:goofy:

I just dont get politics sometimes, why dont we just cut foreign aid by a couple of billion, someone mentioned the other day we were giving £600m to Pakistan, well dont give it to them put it back in the coffers and keep a load of the people who are being made redundant. Whats so hard about that? :unsure:

Guest NeilEB

I guess they feel giving foriegn aid achieves two things:

1) boosts the economy in that country so they can trade with us

2) Gives money to stop would be terrorists.

Fact is whilst I sympathise with Que Sera Sera, under Labour the public sector got so over-inflated it was unbelievable - anything to keep the unemployment numbers down.

What annoys me is the sheer amount of waste in most places - NHS being the prime example. I'm angry at the amount of money being spent on Coldecott guardians - it's insane.

And don't get me started on fortnightly bin collections, whilst our council tax hasn't decreased

Guest peacock

Another thing wrong with the UK is they have 2 days of sunshine then start talking about hosepipe bans :wacko:

Archived