The problem with the UK is this.......

tracy123

Guest guest30038
Another thing wrong with the UK is they have 2 days of sunshine then start talking about hosepipe bans :wacko:

Almost as bad as having 3 months of rain, dams at 95% here and keeping a hosepipe ban :biglaugh:

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest16631

The problem with the UK is this....... their news papers......................have just followed a link to the daily mail.........................some of those articles are written to inflame the ordinary peeople...............enough said...............

Guest peacock
The problem with the UK is this....... their news papers......................have just followed a link to the daily mail.........................some of those articles are written to inflame the ordinary peeople...............enough said...............

And the facts to verify your claim are ? or is it that they print stuff you dont want to hear about, sort of ostrich effect ?

Guest Guest16631

..................cannot remember whose link it was.........................but it was more than the article mentioned by the poster that was inflamatory........................and this unfortunatly seems to be a trend in the uk press.....................a shame as the uk has many positive things that could be reported about..................surely when things are hard people need something to look forward too................too much negativity is bad for morale

Guest chris955

The interesting thing is that our friends there seem very positive about things while realizing there are challenges ahead, from what I can gather they aren't Daily Mail readers and don't share the doom and gloom approach to everything.

To be fair though the more serious papers also don't seem to go down that road with their reporting.

Guest Guest16631

............i don't have my head in the sand..............i know there are problems ............are there not every where ?..........my point was the mentioned tabloid seemed to focus on it !!headinsand.png

Guest Mallam

I do not think people believe anything the Daily Mail say's these days, the paper has become the butt of jokes from comedians and forums etc and righyly so, did anyone ever see the you-tube thingy done on the paper :biglaugh:

Guest Mallam
so are you suggesting we ban the free press, because it does not publish what you aree with ?

No one has said ban them, they are free to publish what they want as we are free to ridicule and laugh at them :cute:

Guest chris955

Exactly, the paper provides plenty of great 'stories' for doomsayers but has little if any credibility amongst the more enlightened reader.

I do not think people believe anything the Daily Mail say's these days, the paper has become the butt of jokes from comedians and forums etc and righyly so, did anyone ever see the you-tube thingy done on the paper :biglaugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I'm sure when things eventually start picking up here in the uk.............. it must happen eventually, that these papers and news reporting stations like sky and BBC news will use words like................ Unemployment at record lows, Job vacancies can't be filled, wage rises, economy booming and lots of other good things, but..................... its not being reported at the moment, because................. its not like that, not because the papers choose to print doom and gloom.

Guest peacock
No one has said ban them, they are free to publish what they want as we are free to ridicule and laugh at them :cute:

There must be plenty of people that like/ agree with it to survive, or do they print an edition in Polish :wink:

Guest Guest37175
There must be plenty of people that like/ agree with it to survive, or do they print an edition in Polish :wink:

How are things going for you in Perth Peacock, you happy there?. Reason I ask is that I read your posts regularly on MBTTUK and you don't seem to have a good word to say about the UK. Just wondering what that's about?.

The problem......................................

Is that YES its having a bad time atm,speaking for my region and my trade ive NEVER known it so bad as the last 12 to 18 months,BUT for the previous 10 years(roughly)we were booming workwise and £ wise re prices and hourly rates,so 10 good yrs out of 11/12 is pretty decent i reckon,it wasnt going to go on being good times forever,at least i never expected it to anyway.

I think were still extremely lucky to be born here compared to other places,were going to oz if the hse ever sells,but i'l never be an aussie tho(as much as ive only had very good experiences of them up to now)i'l try and fit in/adapt,but i know 100% i'l never lose my accent,and i'l allways be a product of where i was born,therefore Liverpool will ALLWAYS be my HOME,i know others think this is the wrong way of thinking,but theres HOME where you live and HOME where your from,at least thats the way i think,the uk WILL eventually pull out of this downturn,it might just take a bit longer this time thats all.

Guest peacock
How are things going for you in Perth Peacock, you happy there?. Reason I ask is that I read your posts regularly on MBTTUK and you don't seem to have a good word to say about the UK. Just wondering what that's about?.

Just balancing the books a little of all the people who emigate to Oz and slag it off, for what ever reason,personally I have done very well here, and still visit the UK when I have the urge, but do feel dissapointed with the way the place is being run down, but isnt that why we have a forum to express our views,

By the way who took the photo of you ? :biglaugh:

Guest Guest37175
Just balancing the books a little of all the people who emigate to Oz and slag it off, for what ever reason,personally I have done very well here, and still visit the UK when I have the urge, but do feel dissapointed with the way the place is being run down, but isnt that why we have a forum to express our views,

By the way who took the photo of you ? :biglaugh:

Aah, there's not that much in the way of Oz-bashing now on these forums. Certainly not like there used to be. Save for a few discordant voices, most of us dissidents have been cowed by the kickings we receive when we raise our heads above the parapet!. We tend to keep our gobs shut nowadays and save our bile for the secret meetings in the scout-hut!

Instead it's UK-bashing that seems to be the flavour of the season. Talk about kicking a place when it's down!. Reason I asked the question was that I wondered if you were staring down the barrel of a forced return to the UK, hence the tone of your comments. It's good to know that Aus has been kind to you.

And Sir Les, surely he's gotta be the greatest living Australian?. The very epitome of what this great nation stands for?

Have a good one:smile:

Guest guest30038

Instead it's UK-bashing that seems to be the flavour of the season.

I must be in a parallel universe :goofy: The PIO that I read is abundant with Oz bashers and the UK bashers are but a few..............in fact, I can count 'em on one hand. Admitted, there's often a few posts bemoaning the state of the UK, but they are invariably from those still in the UK.

I've said this before..............quite often in fact...............the Oz bashers seem to perceive those who defend Oz as somehow having a downer on the UK, even though they rarely mention the UK. I've been stuck in that basket by several members and it really plsses me off no end.

The most prominent "vibe" I get from returnees is just how much they criticise Australians...........bogans, uncultured, small minded, racist, uncouth, foul mouthed............but just a few of the words that have been used to describe them in the past. Funny though? I've never yet seen the Brits criticised by Australians on this forum (both naturalised and new) as a race, in such terms as the returnees criticise Australians. I hazard a guess it speaks volumes as to why they don't fit here.

If the returnees (past, present, and mooting) were as gracious as Dawny and a couple of others, this forum would be a much better place and less hackles would be raised. Most returnees seem to be as bitter as those still trying to get out of the UK.

Guest guest30038
No UK bashing, erm what's the title of this thread again?

A typical response that illustrates fully how most folk, disgrunteld with their life here, see what they want to see in order to (attempt to) affirm their opinion(s). Did you really read what I wrote above? I said "I can count 'em (the UK bashers) on one hand" not that there was no UK bashing. I'd need a dozen hands to count the folk who constantly knock Australia and Australians.

Did you read the OP? Is it bashing or posing a question? Is it simply a statement on the class system or "bashing"?

Guest chris955

Yes indeed, good post. It is a shame that it has become the way it has to be honest.

Aah, there's not that much in the way of Oz-bashing now on these forums. Certainly not like there used to be. Save for a few discordant voices, most of us dissidents have been cowed by the kickings we receive when we raise our heads above the parapet!. We tend to keep our gobs shut nowadays and save our bile for the secret meetings in the scout-hut!

Instead it's UK-bashing that seems to be the flavour of the season. Talk about kicking a place when it's down!. Reason I asked the question was that I wondered if you were staring down the barrel of a forced return to the UK, hence the tone of your comments. It's good to know that Aus has been kind to you.

And Sir Les, surely he's gotta be the greatest living Australian?. The very epitome of what this great nation stands for?

Have a good one:smile:

Archived