The problem with the UK is this.......

tracy123

Guest guest36762

I'm probably regarded as 'Anti-oz' by many. I'm really not. I don't hate it, I don't love it either, but it is my home, I'm happy and my life is pretty good here. I personally find a lot of the 'pro oz' posters' posts on the smug/nauseating side when they describe (ie brag about) how brilliant their life is here, telling us about every frikkin steak on the barbie, every bottle of plonk on the decking, every calorie burnt kayaking etc.

I know.....I'm a cynical git, can't help it. Blame it on the dysfunctional catholic upbringing.

Pigeon hole us if you like...

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest30038
I'm probably regarded as 'Anti-oz' by many. I'm really not. I don't hate it, I don't love it either, but it is my home, I'm happy and my life is pretty good here. I personally find a lot of the 'pro oz' posters' posts on the smug/nauseating side when they describe (ie brag about) how brilliant their life is here, telling us about every frikkin steak on the barbie, every bottle of plonk on the decking, every calorie burnt kayaking etc.

I know.....I'm a cynical git, can't help it. Blame it on the dysfunctional catholic upbringing.

Pigeon hole us if you like...

Almost as nauseating as the pictures of English country cottages and the constant reminders about European culture and heritage is it not? No? Then why is the illustrating of Australian lifestyle nauseating and the illustrating of Brit lifestyle not?

Guest guest36762
Almost as nauseating as the pictures of English country cottages and the constant reminders about European culture and heritage is it not? No? Then why is the illustrating of Australian lifestyle nauseating and the illustrating of Brit lifestyle not?

admit it, you're just as cynical and twisted as me

Guest MaybeOz

The problem with the UK is this....... no-one barely even acknowledges its St George's Day in England today... I wonder, have we really lost our identity and our pride?? :unsure:

Guest Mallam
The problem with the UK is this....... no-one barely even acknowledges its St George's Day in England today... I wonder, have we really lost our identity and our pride?? :unsure:

To be fair it has never ever been really celebrated and St George was not even English, i just think the English are happy with their identity and do not have to shout it from the roof-tops.

To be fair it has never ever been really celebrated and St George was not even English, i just think the English are happy with their identity and do not have to shout it from the roof-tops.

LOL that's just a cop out and you know it

I'm not sure why people are that bothered about St Georges day, St George wasn't British, never set foot inside Britain and is also the patron saint of quite a few other countries. I nelive St Georges day is also Shakesperes birthday, maybe we should celebrate that instead? He is certainly more English than St George.

Guest Mallam
LOL that's just a cop out and you know it

Why is it :eek: the English just get on with it and enjoy their pubs footy golf etc, all this identity and pride is a load of horlicks and I suspect you know that's true.

Why is it :eek: the English just get on with it and enjoy their pubs footy golf etc, all this identity and pride is a load of horlicks and I suspect you know that's true.

So you feel no pride for being English/British whatever it is you are?

Guest Mallam
So you feel no pride for being English/British whatever it is you are?

Yes I do feel pride being English but I do not feel the need to tell everyone by waving a flag or singing the national athem , you can feel pride by wearing a poppy standing at the 11th hour, England has allways been for the brave and free and does not need to prove it in any other way except pride.

The problem with the UK is: Why have 4 seasons

UKsummer.jpgUKspring.jpgUKautumn.jpgUKwinter.jpg

when you can have 2....images1.jpgozdrought.jpg

Why have a free national health service, free dentists, free eye tests, free to see a doctor, free presciptions for children....when you can pay for it.

Why pay 50p for a loaf of bread in Tescos when you can pay $2.50 in woolworths.

why pay 2.5% interest on your mortgage when you can pay 7%.

Why get a free bank account with no yearly credit card charge when you can pay $5 a month and $50 a year

Why go and visit some of the most beautifull places in the world all within a few hr flight when you can live in the most isolated place in the world.

Why enjoy the english wildlife.....hedgehog.jpg

when you can enjoy the Australian wildlife.....greatwhite.jpgozsnake.jpg

Why drink in an english boozer......redlion.jpg

when you can drink in an Australian hotel.....ozpub.jpg

Why watch english TV when you can watch australian TV.

why watch English movies, snatch, lockstock, fourweddings, long good friday, when you can watch, Australia, mad max, Priscila queen of the desert, crocodile dundee.

Why watch english comedy, monty python, the goons, young ones, fawlty towers, peter cook & dudley Moore when you can watch Rod Hull & Emu or Dame Edna.........

Live next to an english family.....englishfamily.jpg

live next to an australian family.....images2.jpg

Why watch English football

when you can watch Australian Rules football

Why watch english cricket......ukashes.jpg

when you can watch Australian cricket.....ozashes.jpg

Guest chris955

Trying hard not to agree, trying hard not to agree, must try harder :laugh:

Just one thing though, that snakes is an American Milk Snake :wink:

Guest peacock

note the concrete anti ram raid bollards, disguised as plant pots outside the English boozer pic, :yes: great idea

Why have a free national health service, free dentists, free eye tests, free to see a doctor, free presciptions for children....when you can pay for it.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: free, it comes out of your tax how can that be free??? :wacko:

Why pay 50p for a loaf of bread in Tescos when you can pay $2.50 in woolworths.

Love it, and bloody tipical no name tesco bread against named bread, no name coles bread just over $1 Lets try like for like.

Why go and visit some of the most beautifull places in the world all within a few hr flight when you can live in the most isolated place in the world.

Shame that you need to leave your own country as it isnt beautiful enough, when in this isolated country it's all here on our door step! :yes:

Archived