2 Yrs 8 Months Later

thekevjones

That's how long it is since I joined this forum and started the long visa application process!

Wait no more young man, your wish has been GRANTED today.

Despite the drama over the years and cost of repeating our medicals of late, I thought judgement day would be an anti climax. How wrong can one be? Very wrong....:biggrin:

It's here in B&W, the visa valid for 5 yrs so we're planning a holiday in 2011 with a view to looking seriously at property, jobs...etc and all that goes with the Aussie lifestyle.

OMG - wipe that bloody smile of my face will you! You'll have a job mate.

Best Wishes to all and hang on in there. Those still waiting. Your time will come.

Also BIG thanks for all the advice and guidance that people have provided.

Kevin & Family

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi pal

great news............. i had a feeling of euphoria when we got ours and i was hoping that we would be really welcomed when we validated the visa in Brisbane this March, but they wern't really that friendly and made no mention to our 175 PR visa, in fact the customs guy was a bit shirty and i forgot the moment and it was a bit of a let down, but.......................... Brisbane WOWEEEEEE WOW.

bleeding loved it mate, 5 weeks of pure pleasure............. where are you heading?

I still remember when ours came through 18 years ago. I was on cloud 9 and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. We had to sell the thouse and hang around for a few months till we got everything sorted and I expected the feeling to wear off. It didn't, I just got more excited as the day approached and I still have the smile on my face to this day.

Good luck.

Hi pal

great news............. i had a feeling of euphoria when we got ours and i was hoping that we would be really welcomed when we validated the visa in Brisbane this March, but they wern't really that friendly and made no mention to our 175 PR visa, in fact the customs guy was a bit shirty and i forgot the moment and it was a bit of a let down, but.......................... Brisbane WOWEEEEEE WOW.

bleeding loved it mate, 5 weeks of pure pleasure............. where are you heading?

I think the people at customs see a lot of emigrants come in and to them it's just a job. You might have just got someone who was at the end of his shift and in a bad mood. They must see plenty of 175 and other visas every day.

To the people with them it's a massive deal and feels like someone should say something. Thinking back we did get a bit of a welcome in Perth but it's quite a small airport and seems a bit more friendly than most.

When are you headed back over here Jim?

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Kevin What wonderful news, they have had you waiting long enough!! Now it's time to start panicking and packing lol.

Guest Midlanders

Congrats........ have a good drink tonight and watch all the pressure drain away!!!!

Cannot wait to get drunk ourselves!!

Judy & Darren

Archived