Who thought Aus' was Britain with Sunshine?

Guest Aldo

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest30085
Not me:skeptical:

Maybe that was the problem:wideeyed:

What? You mean it isnt?? :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Right Im off to the PomsinSpain Forum instead . . . . . . . . . :wink:

Not I.

Apparently there are a few out there who can lay claim to this - or as one poster put it "most of those who emigrate to OZ".

I cannot understand why someone would think that and it begs the question as to whether there are any Aussies moving to the UK who are labouring under the notion that Britain is just Australia without the sunshine? :cute:

What? You mean it isnt?? :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Right Im off to the PomsinSpain Forum instead . . . . . . . . . :wink:

apparently not:shocked:

Guest guest30085

it begs the question as to whether there are any Aussies moving to the UK who are labouring under the notion that Britain is just Australia without the sunshine? :cute:

:biglaugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Probably there was one or two people who are skint and can't afford a computer to........................GOOGLE Australia and see that it is really modern, with brilliant beaches and sea to swim in, with fabulous weather most of the time, where as........................... the uk is old and grey with crap weather and nasty beaches and freezing cold sea. Thats just to look at. Some like oldy worldy, narrow roads and old houses, nothing wrong with that, me................ i like new and modern, bright and shiny................ everyones different.

Guest guest32776

Can I ask why the posters who are having problems being in Australia and are unhappy are fair game for a p_ss take? I don't see a) the humour ( and I would be happy to laugh if there was even a snifter of comedy in this ) or b) what they have done to deserve it. Especially when the 'things you won't miss in Australia' was tongue in cheek. In the 'unhappy threads' there is nowhere where the 'Pro Australia 'team' get the same treatment.

Not me - having visited even before the thought of migration had taken root - we realised that it wasn't, we realised that the supermarkets weren't like the UK and that it would be quite different living here. Our big surprise was moving to WA having not visited this side of the country and finding that there was only one late night shopping night. Again bad for me but OH thought it was great as I didn't disappear to 'nip to Asda' coming back 2 hours later with nothing I went for but having bought loads of bargains!!

Move from Queensland!

Funny one this rain thing tbh,i "researched":rolleyes:the weather,in all the states,part of the reason i/we chose S.A over the other states was the lack of rain(supposedly),im a bricky so less rain=less rain offs.

However i was told on here the other day that Queensland has the LEAST amount of rainy days???? this by a respected forum member btw,who is normally spot on,all a bit confusing!:goofy:

I know it can heave gallons of it down in minutes in Queensland,but i admit i did think it was "tropical" so= lots of rainy days??? research eh,is it worth it??!!

Back to the OP(howdee doodee again aldo),no i didnt,i was/am aware of the "sausage issue" in oz:wideeyed:

However i was told on here the other day that Queensland has the LEAST amount of rainy days????

I know it can heave gallons of it down in minutes in Queensland,but i admit i did think it was "tropical" so= lots of rainy days??? research eh,is it worth it??!!

Canberra has the least amount of rain days of the capitals (average 104 per year), followed by Perth (112), Brisbane (114), Adelaide (120).

You can check them all out at

Climate averages, extremes and records

In a normal year most of Queensland's rain would come during the summer months, so the period from April to October would be quite dry.

(Obviously this isn't a normal year!)

Canberra has the least amount of rain days of the capitals (average 104 per year), followed by Perth (112), Brisbane (114), Adelaide (120).

In a normal year most of Queensland's rain would come during the summer months, so the period from April to October would be quite dry.

Thats about 77 days a year ive got to hibernate in a cold bath then,kills me the heat!thats why Tas is our 2nd choice

Thats about 77 days a year ive got to hibernate in a cold bath then,kills me the heat!thats why Tas is our 2nd choice

I think you have made a wise choice Pablo. As I have said before South Australia has not taken off like Brisbane and Perth, but it will, and Tassie won't be far behind. Although I would like to see Tassie stay as it is, without being over developed.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Honestly Pabs, it's not that bad. It's only very, very hot for a few weeks a year. The rest of the time it's "just right" :cute:

Sounds horrible.........................where do i sign up? lol:laugh:

and Sydney surprisingly 137 mm

Can I ask why the posters who are having problems being in Australia and are unhappy are fair game for a p_ss take? I don't see a) the humour ( and I would be happy to laugh if there was even a snifter of comedy in this ) or b) what they have done to deserve it. Especially when the 'things you won't miss in Australia' was tongue in cheek. In the 'unhappy threads' there is nowhere where the 'Pro Australia 'team' get the same treatment.

Hi Charlie

First off not everyone who is unhappy in Australia recieves this treatment, there are many many threads on this forum from people wishing to leave this country and there are many many sympathetic and helpful replys.

However

Over this last year we have had a few members who found it ''amusing'' to jump on anyone who had a possitive about Oz, i myself have almost been told im lying after a possitive comment i made, normally these comments are made by people who have or want to return to the uk.

So now the Karma bus has arrived at PIO, alot of people who have been shot down and told they need to take their rose coloured specs off and start talking sense etc etf have decided to hop on this bus and dish out what they have recieved. Hence the thread today that you are referring too.

I can assure you there is a small handful of members responsible for this and it happens on MANY threads regardless of it being a happy in oz or cant stand the place type of thread. A good read of the forum will show you this.

Cal x

Honestly Pabs, it's not that bad. It's only very, very hot for a few weeks a year. The rest of the time it's "just right" :cute:

In S.A sue? gets roasto in the summer doesnt it!! dont forget i will probably be working outside,unless i FINALLY retrain in a heavy plant cse or something

I think you have made a wise choice Pablo. As I have said before South Australia has not taken off like Brisbane and Perth, but it will, and Tassie won't be far behind. Although I would like to see Tassie stay as it is, without being over developed.

Agree mate,looks stunning in some of the photos on here,"sort of" reminds me of the lake district,going up there is the ONLY time i get any excercise!

Guest guest36187

there is nowhere where the 'Pro Australia 'team' get the same treatment.

I suggest that you have a serious search of old threads cos many a time have we had the **** taken out of us, been ridiculed, laughed at etc etc!

Besides who decided that it is THEM and US? Arent we all on the same team, in the same boat????

Havent we all been through the same hardships to get here?

Some of us like it and some dont! Boring world if we all thought the same thing¬!

Archived