Who thought Aus' was Britain with Sunshine?

Guest Aldo

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Do you need to live in a country to offer an opinion on it ? Does someone who 's lived somewhere longer have a more valid opinion ? Do you have to live in more than one town ? Is there a points system ? I'm bit worried about telling people what I think about Britain in the sun !

Exactly mate, i have dozens of rellies and friends in Australia, who ALL think its great and i have been twice, but the rules are the rules, so we will have to watch what we say in case we have an opinion, that disagrees with the dark side.:laugh::yes:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly mate, i have dozens of rellies and friends in Australia, who ALL think its great and i have been twice, but the rules are the rules, so we will have to watch what we say in case we have an opinion, that disagrees with the dark side.:laugh::yes:

5 weeks and i'l be able to tell you to shut it! I'll tell everyone I've been here 3 f in days , still can't find tescos and the truck drivers are trying to kill me ! And there's no English pubs selling warm bitter and handcrafted ploughmans lunches lovingly produced in front of my very eyes ! And no one told me they had flies in Oz !

Guest siamsusie
5 weeks and i'l be able to tell you to shut it! I'll tell everyone I've been here 3 f in days , still can't find tescos and the truck drivers are trying to kill me ! And there's no English pubs selling warm bitter and handcrafted ploughmans lunches lovingly produced in front of my very eyes ! And no one told me they had flies in Oz !

:twitcy::twitcy::twitcy: Micky

Guest siamsusie
Exactly mate, i have dozens of rellies and friends in Australia, who ALL think its great and i have been twice, but the rules are the rules, so we will have to watch what we say in case we have an opinion, that disagrees with the dark sidmatee.:laugh::yes:

Jimbo, I know you and Helen have had your PR Skilled Visas for some time now, any news on voluntary redundancies ?

It will be good to have you both over here, buying a house next to Kev??:wubclub:

Guest siamsusie

Mind you Lemmings, you need to be over here as well... when are we expecting your Sir..

Great you have your Citizenship, you can walz in and out like you own the joint...

Guest guest37336
Mind you Lemmings, you need to be over here as well... when are we expecting your Sir..

Great you have your Citizenship, you can walz in and out like you own the joint...

Hi Susie.

Can't come quick enough for me my friend. However I think it may be a forceable 'eviction' from the UK once I have started the revolution against the apathy in this country.

The day that happens Susie I know I have completed my ultimate goal, and that is simply to get so far up peoples (The Apathetic Generation) noses including the government that they decide to deport me and take away my UK citizenship.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I reckon I could be the first since the early convicts to get deported to Australia, as long as it's either Cairns or Broome I don't care.:wubclub::laugh:

Cheers Tony.:hug::notworthy::wink:

Guest guest32776
Do you need to live in a country to offer an opinion on it ? Does someone who 's lived somewhere longer have a more valid opinion ? Do you have to live in more than one town ? Is there a points system ? I'm bit worried about telling people what I think about Britain in the sun !

Well, quite frankly, YES. Someone's opinion on a place is likely to be a lot more valid if you have actually lived there! This site is 'Poms in Oz' and not 'Pomz who have read about Oz in a book!' Stands to reason. I, for one, have decided to appoint myself Tourism Minister for Outer Mongolia as I once flew over Ulan Bator and have stroked a yak.

Guest siamsusie
Hi Susie.

Can't come quick enough for me my friend. However I think it may be a forceable 'eviction' from the UK once I have started the revolution against the apathy in this country.

The day that happens Susie I know I have completed my ultimate goal, and that is simply to get so far up peoples (The Apathetic Generation) noses including the government that they decide to deport me and take away my UK citizenship.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I reckon I could be the first since the early convicts to get deported to Australia, as long as it's either Cairns or Broome I don't care.

Cheers Tony.:hug::notworthy::wink:

Not stopping off at Port Arthur (Tasmania) first Lemmings?:cry: I have already purchased my ear plugs for the occasions:twitcy:

(joke ok:hug:)

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Jimbo, I know you and Helen have had your PR Skilled Visas for some time now, any news on voluntary redundancies ?

It will be good to have you both over here, buying a house next to Kev??:wubclub:

We are still waiting for news on the redundency who would have thought it, uk nurses up and down the country being made redundant, plus teachers, police, bank workers, council and government workers etc. We need this money because the uk is almost bankrupt and the pound has plummetted against the dollar because Australia never went into recession and we are down about $160,000, but we hopefully will get redundency and make this money back up and then its off to live in the best country in the world - AUSTRALIA.

Guest guest37336
Not stopping off at Port Arthur (Tasmania) first Lemmings?:cry: I have already purchased my ear plugs for the occasions:twitcy:

(joke ok:hug:)

I will be there Susie, no problem.

And dont worry, Ruth has many shares in ear muffler/plug companies. :biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Well, quite frankly, YES. Someone's opinion on a place is likely to be a lot more valid if you have actually lived there! This site is 'Poms in Oz' and not 'Pomz who have read about Oz in a book!' Stands to reason. I, for one, have decided to appoint myself Tourism Minister for Outer Mongolia as I once flew over Ulan Bator and have stroked a yak.

Will you be starting a new site called ' mongs in Oz ' ? I've been Oz 8 times , spent half a season playing in the gong .been up and down the east coast .

Looked at and stayed in plenty of houses ,spoken to loads of people about everything possible including work . Loads of mates tell me about there experiences living and working there .can I offer a realistic opinion on it to someone ?I've spent at least 12 months on east coast and couple of weeks in Perth .I've been shopping for food and clothes . Been in winter and summer , wet and dry . Some oz's have never even been out of there own town . Can they tell you about Australia ?all you'll ever get off anyone is a personal opinion . Look at the different things people have to say about the uk .

Guest siamsusie
Will you be starting a new site called ' mongs in Oz ' ? I've been Oz 8 times , spent half a season playing in the gong .been up and down the east coast .

Looked at and stayed in plenty of houses ,spoken to loads of people about everything possible including work . Loads of mates tell me about there experiences living and working there .can I offer a realistic opinion on it to someone ?I've spent at least 12 months on east coast and couple of weeks in Perth .I've been shopping for food and clothes . Been in winter and summer , wet and dry . Some oz's have never even been out of there own town . Can they tell you about Australia ?all you'll ever get off anyone is a personal opinion . Look at the different things people have to say about the uk .

They even have their own TV station Micky:huh:

ys You See On TV! & Official Channel

1.jpg?v=9e316d

Mong TV! Official Channel

SUBSCRIBE TO GET YOUR MONG FIX!...

Guest guest32776

Yes! I think I shall launch 'Mongs In Oz' - with a strict dress code of horned yak skin hat and pom pom shoes ..... On the continuum of unqualified to have an opinion on Oz to extremely qualified I reckon you are doing quite nicely in the qualified section. It's the people who have just touched down at Brissy airport and then launch themselves as Oz wikipaedia who will be excluded from Mongs in Oz. :cry:

Who'l be the first ping pong mong ? I had pretty much decided that Oz was the place for me the first time I stepped off the plane at ten at night in Sydney airport and was hit by the heat. I never like leaving the place to come home . To me it's more like ' how I'd like Britain to be in the sun ' . East coast papers full of rugby league and a tiny column ten pages in about soccer . Utopia !

Archived