Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest Indented Head
heya, just noticed ur reply re ielts test.. where did it say if u were educated and trained in english you didn,t need to do the test????? Many thanks as i was told i would have to but i did my nurse training in uk( n ireland ) and i went to school in Ireland.

Hi I was told 7 times by AHPRA I didnt need it , and they told me not to resit the test follwing my second attempt. I think it they have taken some blame and set conditions in my registration. Not a problem as my manager is aware I am english ? :jiggy:shame AHPRA dont.

AHPRA did say in a few months the IELTS would change for some people ? who I am not sure.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Received this email from AHPRA earlier, Hopefully they now have everything in place to Register my OH.

We are in receipt of all the documentary requirements to complete an assessment of your application form.

We recommend for you to refer to our web site in relation to ‘Proof of Identity’ requirements under the heading ‘When special circumstances apply to overseas applicants or applicants who have recently arrived in Australia’ (Please see attached)

Must admit WA AHPRA have been very good, I have spoken with a registration officer in the past who was helpful and they have replied to all our emails, my OH also missed out on the IELTS by 0.5 in the reading on several occasions so it looks like all our worries over whether the IELTS is needed or not have now been confirmed........or have they ????......I shall post when/if she gets the final registration email !!!!

Congratulations, another step closer! When did your OH send in her application? I am still waiting to hear if they have received my application that was sent about 2 weeks ago.

Hi Bev

I sent my app to APHRA on 14th January and had an acknowledgement email on 3rd Feb to say they were processing it, but they haven't taken any money from my credit card yet - so assuming that they haven't even taken it off the pile yet !!!! Know its going to take at least 4 - 5 months, just wish they would take the money and get going with it.

Good luck and hope you hear something soon

Rachel

Congratulations, another step closer! When did your OH send in her application? I am still waiting to hear if they have received my application that was sent about 2 weeks ago.

Hi, we sent the application on the 2nd Dec, using interparcel, and it was received by AHPRA on the 7th Dec. We then received an email from a registration officer requesting a full transcript, this is were we started to worry a bit. The uni sent it directly using the Post office internationally signed for service on the 20th Jan 2011, once it leaves the UK it cant be tracked BUT you can get in touch with Australia post with a tracking number and they will tell you where the document is, it took a total of 19 days to get to AHPRA, not bad for a 3-4 day service !!!!!!

Hi there, sorry to gate crash thread. I see you recently lodged a 176 visa, I'll be doing the same once I receive my skills assessment back from the ANMC. Can I ask, how did you go about providing certified copies of all the documents you provided for your skills assessment?? DIAC request that these documents are certified and sent with the visa application.

ANMC have said it's against there policy to return them to me, but will forward them onto DIAC (although some documents won't be certified e.g. course transcript, etc), and I'm waiting for DIAC to get back to me about wether they'll accept the documents being forwarded onto them.

NIGHTMARE!

Hi Bev

I sent my app to APHRA on 14th January and had an acknowledgement email on 3rd Feb to say they were processing it, but they haven't taken any money from my credit card yet - so assuming that they haven't even taken it off the pile yet !!!! Know its going to take at least 4 - 5 months, just wish they would take the money and get going with it.

Good luck and hope you hear something soon

Rachel

Thanks Rachel, i sent mine on the 11th Feb so hopefully hear something next week. They hav'nt taken my money yet either (thank god...i'm bloody skint!!). Good luck to you too.

Hi, we sent the application on the 2nd Dec, using interparcel, and it was received by AHPRA on the 7th Dec. We then received an email from a registration officer requesting a full transcript, this is were we started to worry a bit. The uni sent it directly using the Post office internationally signed for service on the 20th Jan 2011, once it leaves the UK it cant be tracked BUT you can get in touch with Australia post with a tracking number and they will tell you where the document is, it took a total of 19 days to get to AHPRA, not bad for a 3-4 day service !!!!!!

Thanks Woody, i have sent them the full transcript, i had problems with uni and transcripts when i applied to ANMC its a bloody nightmare. 19 days??? i'd complain about that if it was supposed to be 3-4 service!!

Hi there, sorry to gate crash thread. I see you recently lodged a 176 visa, I'll be doing the same once I receive my skills assessment back from the ANMC. Can I ask, how did you go about providing certified copies of all the documents you provided for your skills assessment?? DIAC request that these documents are certified and sent with the visa application.

ANMC have said it's against there policy to return them to me, but will forward them onto DIAC (although some documents won't be certified e.g. course transcript, etc), and I'm waiting for DIAC to get back to me about wether they'll accept the documents being forwarded onto them.

NIGHTMARE!

Hiya, i went to the local court and got them to certify my documents. When you apply for the visa online you can upload colour scanned documents, therefore they dont need to be certified (even though it says you do on the website!). When you apply to AHPRA

it requests various documents, i sent certified copies of all docs required AND asked for ANMC to forward on my docs to AHPRA just in case something goes missing/wrong...by the sounds of AHPRA its bound to happen! Hope that helps, give me a shout if i can help you with anything else.

Bev

Thanks Rachel, i sent mine on the 11th Feb so hopefully hear something next week. They hav'nt taken my money yet either (thank god...i'm bloody skint!!). Good luck to you too.

Thanks Woody, i have sent them the full transcript, i had problems with uni and transcripts when i applied to ANMC its a bloody nightmare. 19 days??? i'd complain about that if it was supposed to be 3-4 service!!

Hiya, i went to the local court and got them to certify my documents. When you apply for the visa online you can upload colour scanned documents, therefore they dont need to be certified (even though it says you do on the website!). When you apply to AHPRA

it requests various documents, i sent certified copies of all docs required AND asked for ANMC to forward on my docs to AHPRA just in case something goes missing/wrong...by the sounds of AHPRA its bound to happen! Hope that helps, give me a shout if i can help you with anything else.

Bev

Thanks Lil Bev,

I'm applying for visa by post, our sponsor has already sent us her stuff for a postal appliction so can't change it now.

How did you get hold of your verification of registration to scan in for your application? I'm planning on getting ANMC to forward my documents to DIAC (transcript, V.O.R, n ielts certificate won't be certified, but they're originals sent straight to ANMC so hey ho). I won't be applying to AHPRA until I qualify as a midwife, I'm applying for the visa based on my nursing.

The whole thing is so stressful, not to mention expensive!

Hie guys!

I would like to know if there is anyone out there who had their application received by AHPRA Brisbane on the 9th of Nov 2010? Any update? Do you have a case manager?

I'm that boat too. Just got a vague update from AHPRA QLD saying they assess in date order and cannot give time frame on applications which they have not looked ar as yet........ Anyone with a better update? I'm just tired of the one l got!!

Hiya, My application was also received on 9th Nov at Brisbane office, sorry to say that I am in the same boat as yourself, I have sent 3 enquiries (Dec, Jan and last week) regarding my application and I get the same reply every time.....applications are assessed in date order of receipt and they are assessing applications received Aug through to Oct.

Jane x

Aw good for you, we were really hoping to be over there by this time when we first started the whole thing but here we are over a year later and still plodding on. I really hope we are over the start of next year. We are going to live with friends in Bli Bli until we get ourselves sorted so that's a bit of stress taken off, they are getting married in Dec and it would be nice to be over for that but i doubt it. Where are you going in oz? I live in Irvine, Ayrshire. What about you?

Pam x

Hi Pam,

I hope your letter of eligibility comes soon!

I see you are in Irvine, I am in Ayr!

Jane x

Hiya, My application was also received on 9th Nov at Brisbane office, sorry to say that I am in the same boat as yourself, I have sent 3 enquiries (Dec, Jan and last week) regarding my application and I get the same reply every time.....applications are assessed in date order of receipt and they are assessing applications received Aug through to Oct.

Jane x

Hie Jane.

Thank you for the reply, at least l'm not alone. If they say they are assessing applications received in Aug-Oct, then l hope we are close.

Keeping fingers crossed xxxx.

Thanks Lil Bev,

I'm applying for visa by post, our sponsor has already sent us her stuff for a postal appliction so can't change it now.

How did you get hold of your verification of registration to scan in for your application? I'm planning on getting ANMC to forward my documents to DIAC (transcript, V.O.R, n ielts certificate won't be certified, but they're originals sent straight to ANMC so hey ho). I won't be applying to AHPRA until I qualify as a midwife, I'm applying for the visa based on my nursing.

The whole thing is so stressful, not to mention expensive!

This is the website which tells you how to get your NMC verification Planning to work outside of Europe | Nursing and Midwifery Council

If you are applying by post then you need to send certified copies (as you cant send the originals or copies!)

Hi, I'm still in UK waiting for visa, currently applying for jobs as aiming for August-Dec this year to be in Victoria, Geelong.

I applied to Vic NB march 2010, then had to re apply to AHPRA after July, they contacted me in November to say needed proof of PII insurance (RCN), and further ID, which i sent back, still waiting to hear from them. There is an online enquiry form you can fill in, and they do respond as i have now had two replied from them. Hope this helps.

Tania

I was told a few days ago by nurse recruitment agency that the delay with AHPRA is that initially they had to deal with all those in Oz changing over to central registration, then they had to deal with people already practicing in Oz, now they have just had the new influx of newly graduated nurses and health care professionals who are waiting to start jobs, then they are starting to process overseas nurses, they have had to prioritise those already in country and already with jobs. Thats just his take on it.

Guest alicat1969

:arghh:Oh heavens. I am about to start this whole ghastly business. I am too old to get in any other way (41) and don't have a partner, so I don't have enough points on the old points system, and trained the traditional way, so won't get in on the new points system *sigh*. Sooo, have read this whole thread (on a night shift!!) and think I'd better get cracking !

Couple of things I'm confused about...

A few of you appear to be trained the old way and were accepted, so this is good.

Evidence of secondary education in English? My O level and A level certificates have disappeared along the way, and the college I went to to get my A levels no longer exists - any idea what is acceptable? I'm sure my old school would have a record of me being there, but the AHPRA states that I need to have evidence of meeting the requirement for nurse training - I only left with 4 O levels, and re-took the rest at said college that no longer exists...*sigh* again.

Transcript - in hand

Do I need a skills assessment AS WELL as registration if I am applying for 457? Or do I get the registration (hopefully) and then apply for sponsorship, and if so will I need skills assesment anyway? Should I just send off to ANMC anyway to be sure?

Sorry to be so utterly confused - when I worked in Oz on a working visa all those years ago it wasn't this complicated! (Don't suppose that will help me will it - having been registered in WA and NSW 16 years ago?)

Sorry for long post - just getting started on this whole thing.

*Addition* would you believe just looked in a dusty drawer and found my O and A level certs - are these enough for application? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I finally got registered as a nurse in Australia. I submitted my application on 8th October 2010, in person to Brisbane, then waited....

My docs were forwarded by the ANMC following my visa grant in Dec 09.

I took copies of everything else I had in person when I applied.

AHPRA sent me a letter on Friday 25th Feb requesting a CV with "this is true and correct etc" as the one they had didn't have this on it. I took this in person on Monday 28th Feb.

Today I got an email titled- Your new AHPRA Web Account Details and upon reading this and logging in it became apparent I am registered lol.

Additional info-

I am Advanced Diploma trained - although I have some post qualifying stuff at masters level that I took in with my cv.

My cert of good standing from the NMC was the same one used in my visa application and is at least 20 months old, probably longer.

I did IELTS about a year ago (and passed)

They have only granted my registration until May 31st (despite charging me the whole years worth lol) when everyone has to re register.

I didn't complain to anyone (officially) although I did phone them a couple of times a week.

I got a different person every time, and they all tried different things lol! Some would try to get the case officer, some would put you through to the Brissy office, some wouldn't etc etc. Some cared, some didn't.

No-one ever returned my call.

The (Brisbane) office will copy your docs for you and then certify them there and then (for free)

So it was 21 weeks in total, and just over a week from getting an officer to look at my application. Exactly 5 calendar months to the day! I guess you just have to stick with them, it's not the staff's fault they haven't the resources.

Hope this helps, good luck to all out there!

Hi Everyone,

I finally got registered as a nurse in Australia. I submitted my application on 8th October 2010, in person to Brisbane, then waited....

AHPRA sent me a letter on Friday 25th Feb requesting a CV with "this is true and correct etc" as the one they had didn't have this on it. I took this in person on Monday 28th Feb.

Today I got an email titled- Your new AHPRA Web Account Details and upon reading this and logging in it became apparent I am registered lol.

Additional info-

I am Advanced Diploma trained - although I have some post qualifying stuff at masters level that I took in with my cv.

My cert of good standing from the NMC was the same one used in my visa application and is at least 20 months old, probably longer.

They have only granted my registration until May 31st (despite charging me the whole years worth lol) when everyone has to re register.

I didn't complain to anyone (officially) although I did phone them a couple of times a week.

I got a different person every time, and they all tried different things lol! Some would try to get the case officer, some would put you through to the Brissy office, some wouldn't etc etc. Some cared, some didn't.

The (Brisbane) office will copy your docs for you and then certify them there and then (for free)

So it was 21 weeks in total, and just over a week from getting an officer to look at my application. Exactly 5 calendar months to the day! I guess you just have to stick with them, it's not the staff's fault they haven't the resources.

Wow, congratulations!!!! Now l have hope that l'm getting close. I submitted mine on the 9th of Nov. I also sent a C.V without that certifying statement because my boss refused to do it.

Congrats ones again!!!

Hi Everyone,

Additional info-

Congratulations and fantastic news -there is hope after all !!!

Good luck with your new life x

Guest s4mmy

I am now registered!!!!!!!

Only took 6 months from beginning to end, MADNESS.

I sent my application 1st week in October 2010 and heard nothing until December 2010 told my application was being processed, letter sent in the post to the UK and funny enough I was in Oz at the time.

I was allocated a case worker a week after I sent my application they took out the extortionate fees.

My application went to the Board 4th February 2011 because I did not pass the IELTS on the reading by .5. I had to ask for the outcome of that meeting and received no information until 4th March.

I regularly contacted my case worker, to be told a letter will be arriving in due course.

It is the most stressful and disorganized process, I have ever had to deal with and a very emotional journey as you will find out.

The lack of staff resources is a poor excuse to treat people the way they are doing. It is a life changing decision to emigrate and this adds to the problem.

I have no sympathy for such an inefficient governing body and as they say first impressions last!

It was a roller coast of emotions and still can't believe I am registered.

It took them a month to inform me of the outcome of the meeting and I have missed out on the opportunities of jobs in Brisbane Princess Alexandra hospital.

I wish you luck with your applications, as you will find out a traumatic one.

I also have to reregister 31st May 2011. Giving me just over 2 months as a registered nurse in OZ!

lol crazy.

Best of Luck to you all.

I am so glad to of finally gone through this first stage only taken me a year!!!!!!!!!!

I am now sorting out a job to get my 457 visa.

I sent my application 1st week in October 2010 and heard nothing until December 2010 told my application was being processed, letter sent in the post to the UK and funny enough I was in Oz at the time.

I was allocated a case worker a week after I sent my application they took out the extortionate fees.

My application went to the Board 4th February 2011 because I did not pass the IELTS on the reading by .5. I had to ask for the outcome of that meeting and received no information until 4th March.

I regularly contacted my case worker, to be told a letter will be arriving in due course.

It is the most stressful and disorganized process, I have ever had to deal with and a very emotional journey as you will find out.

The lack of staff resources is a poor excuse to treat people the way they are doing. It is a life changing decision to emigrate and this adds to the problem.

I have no sympathy for such an inefficient governing body and as they say first impressions last!

It took them a month to inform me of the outcome of the meeting and I have missed out on the opportunities of jobs in Brisbane Princess Alexandra hospital.

I also have to reregister 31st May 2011. Giving me just over 2 months as a registered nurse in OZ!

lol crazy.

Best of Luck to you all.

I am so glad to of finally gone through this first stage only taken me a year!!!!!!!!!!

So pleased for you. About time too. Good luck with the rest of the process. Enjoy !!!

x Helen

Guest s4mmy
So pleased for you. About time too. Good luck with the rest of the process. Enjoy !!!

x Helen

Oh thank you so much, what a journey we have both been on!

Frantically looking for a job, keeping fingers crossed it will go smoothly.

Hope everything is working in your favour now

Sam

x

I am a fellow frustrated nurse. I have a job, I just can't go to it!

I applied back in Dec and was due to start my new job in Feb. APHRA completely messed up as they decided that it would be a good idea to get nurses to renew their rego by 31st Dec as well as having all the new grads putting in their applications. I think my application got hidden somewhere amongst all these.

Upon realising their mistake APHRA put back the renewal to the end of May then got in touch with the hospitals who have graduate programs to get the details of who needed their rego for this. They assured my new boss that they would have everyone registered in time for the start of the grad year, unsurprisingly they did not meet this promise. In fact I'm pretty sure they hadn't even looked at my paperwork!

It's just so frustrating that we pay twice as much as an Aussie does and yet they take priority for getting rego, people on my grad prog put their paperwork in after mine and have received theirs already. In fact one only did it a week before we started!!

I was reluctant to fly out here as my visa relies on my rego, and because I'm sponsored I'm not allowed to work for anyone except the person who sponsored me which I can't do without my rego!

My husband and I can't rent anywhere either as letting agents want to see a copy of our visa before renting to us which we don't have, we are currently on a bridging visa.

Having a nightmare and getting worried that work won't hold onto my job for me, then we'll have spent loads of money for nothing :sad:

Have been into the local APHRA office and was nicely told that they have 15,000 applications to deal with and mine was just one of them!

Thanks. I sent it to the Melbourne branch as that is in the state I'll be working in, hopefully! I am in Oz so have been down to the APHRA branch but they aren't too helpful in there.

I'm just worrying about how long it's all going to take as all I hear are horror stories and nothing positive.

lol crazy.

Best of Luck to you all.

You see Sam, I told you there would be nothing to worry about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats, the OH is still waiting for hers but has been told that she is in the final stage and all documents are met...............lets wait and see.....

Guest isobel10

Hoping to send all my stuff off to them next week. Lets see how long they take. Good luck everyone. Keep on at them.

Archived