Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Hi,

When did they take your payment?

Today, I found out that my payment has been taken from my account to register as a Nurse. Does that mean my application is successful and accepted?

Rgds

In a word NO. The first thing they do is take your payment, then you must prepare for a long wait !!! hopefully you've submitted all the correct documents and they dont require any others !!!! Patience is the key !!!!!! or is that patients !!!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deepend
In a word NO. The first thing they do is take your payment, then you must prepare for a long wait !!! hopefully you've submitted all the correct documents and they dont require any others !!!! Patience is the key !!!!!! or is that patients !!!!!

I think I have submitted all the docs. In case, if they reject my application, will they pay back money taken?

Guest maggie2010

Well today I finally got an email from AHPRA stating it hadthe outcome of my application attached and to my disasppointment it was some kind of template structured letter with nothing at all to do with me or my application!!! My wee heart cant cope with this anymore!! According to the letter it was for someone called xxxx and so the letter goes on like that!! There is information about every question in the application form, about things being missing from my application!!

God only knows whats going on at that place!!! But hoping that it means someone is now dealing with my application!!! Maybe just too much of wishful thinking!!!

Guest scottish shell
I am still waiting to hear unfortunately.

I know that AHPRA had said if you applied prior to July 2010 you would have to do the IELTS which is a little unfair.

I know what you are going through I did the IELTS 5 times and got 6.5 on the reading, it was a time factor for me. I agree AHPRA have turned my life upside down, everything is on hold and I was so skint after doing the IELTS had to go up and down the country to get it done with nothing to show for it.

I applied with AHPRA in October 2010 so the IELTS had been revoked at that time and then they brought out the draft version for english standard as you say, so on tender hooks right now. I am snappy all the time and so anxious all because of AHPRA. I am a diploma nurse so that is more worrying.

I should think it will all fall in to place after AHPRA, I have heard on here it takes two weeks for 457 visa to be approved which is great news, after all the delays you have had.

My application has gone to the board and they have said it is 'special circumstances'.

Due to not passing IELTS, but I have provided the secondary education and nurse training confirmation I completed in english.

I went out to Oz to see my BF at Christmas and received a letter in the UK form AHPRA, so spent most of the festive period worried and speaking to call centre and case officer.

Good Luck with your move

:jiggy:

I know its easier than said, but do try not to worry, it really does just make things so much worse in your head and then your imagination starts taking over.

My advice is to call them every second night, do it via skype, its only pennies per minute. Request your case workers name and constantly call her/him, ensure that the advisors do not transfer your call to an answer message service, and if so, leave a message....as a manager, there is nothing more annoying than a persistent caller, you do eventually dread the calls and so cave in to requests.

.Im guessing you have no intention of resitting the IELTS as it is not a requirements (Just typing the word causes palpitations and tachycardia) anyway,,, my advice to anyone sitting the IELTS is study..for the reading section DO NOT READ THE PASSAGE first, read the question, it really really works.....if you try to understand the content... your stress levels are high before you even began to read the questions.Anyone struggling with the wriitng....the key is HAVE A TEMPLATE READY.by that I mean write essays daily with the same template...I made mine up after reviewing acceptable pass essays...and I passed both times after failing 5 previous times. Hope this helps.

:v_SPIN:

Guest scottish shell
Well today I finally got an email from AHPRA stating it hadthe outcome of my application attached and to my disasppointment it was some kind of template structured letter with nothing at all to do with me or my application!!! My wee heart cant cope with this anymore!! According to the letter it was for someone called xxxx and so the letter goes on like that!! There is information about every question in the application form, about things being missing from my application!!

God only knows whats going on at that place!!! But hoping that it means someone is now dealing with my application!!! Maybe just too much of wishful thinking!!!

Keep smiling Maggie it will all work out. there has been so many times I wanted to give up. I know what you mean with your heart in taters every time you get an email, AHPRA should actually come with a prescription of Valium upon original application for the applicant...keep your chin up,,,i swear it will be woth it. x:wink:

Guest lesleyawalsh
Hi Sammy,

I originally applied in March 2010, submitted a Failed Ielts (Well failed in AHPRA terms) with a 6.5 in writing. Still struggled another twice to get above 6.5 in writing,however I was notified that Ielts was scrapped in July and so I sent secondary eduction /nursing degree and stat dec .

I got an email stating my application was being processed In August, however in November I got a letter stating i had to resit the Ielts.

I spent most of my festive period sick with worry and stress..AHPRA have actually turned my life upside down.

As you can see I am a degree nurse and I also submitted all relevant paperwork, but they wouldnt budge, I went down the compaint channels ie, ombudsman, compaints commisoner. But it apers that AHPRA can decide throughout your application process if you need IELTS or not.. It does state on their guidelines that secondary eduction stat dec SHOULD cover English Requirments, however they can request IELTS at any time if they wish.

I called AHPRA every second night, emailed daily, it actually became a ritual.

I may just be the unlucky sod who they decided to make a point with!!! Who knows.

Anyway ,finally passed Ielts twice... I sat two exams one week after the other as this was my last shot at it and I passed them both..thank goodness, im now skint though.

:cute:

Everything has moved very fast in the last two weeks, looks like everything will be finalised and Ill be heading out 29th Feb... nearly one tear later xxx

:twitcy:

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for the 457 visa after everything has been submitted????, I was informed I had a case worker in immigration and that all they are now awaiting is my medicals which are next week .

hi there took 2 weeks for my 457 to come through once everything was submitted, i had done my meds whilst i was waiting for AHPRA.

LESLEY:biggrin:

Guest CarolineS

Its quite scary to see the length of this forum increasing daily! I was an avid follower at the end of 2010 and thougt I'd have a look at it today and share my story. I have had my registration approved and started work last week.

28 Aug 2010: Sat IELTS -

Guest kitty2011
Hi There

I had fairly straightforward application process, I sent off my stuff to AHPRA around 20th August 2010, i had completed the IELTs as at that time it was still a requirement i had an overall score of 8.5 in each catagory, i recieved a Letter off AHPRA requesting some documents i had ommitted in Oct 2010 I then recieved my letter of eligibility on 21st Oct 2010, I contacted AHPRA a week before i was due to arrive in Melbourne and made an appointment for 27th Jan which was the day after i arrived in the country, i arrived at the AHPRA with my bill from the hotel i was staying as proof of address and my passport, then took photo copies of the docs and my name showed on the register on the 28th Jan 2011. hope this helps :wink:

Thank you very much, btw did you study hard for IELTS, how long did you study for? I am studying for IELTS doing it on 19 march. so nervous.

BTW did you have to attach disclosure (police check) to your AHPRA application?

:wink:THANK YOU!!!!X

Guest lesleyawalsh
Thank you very much, btw did you study hard for IELTS, how long did you study for? I am studying for IELTS doing it on 19 march. so nervous.

:wink:THANK YOU!!!!X[/quote

i had a quick look but it just confused me. the best advise i can give is truely don't worry. its all pretty basic stuff. with the wrting its basicly writing a couple of A4 sheets of paper, the listening is just as is says they put on a recording give you the same recoring in written form you have to then fill in the blanks, you just have to concentrate i lost my concentration for a sec and missed one of the answers lol, the talking is a chat with one of the facilitators, the reading is what most people find difficult, it comes in three sections over an hour, take no more than 20mins on a section even if you hav't finished it, you can always go back. you will get a piece of text in each section that you then have to answer questions on, DO NOT read the text just go straight to the questions then answer them by scanning through the text, what is in the text has no relevence you havn't got to learn it or even know what its about all you need are the answers which you can pick out by identifying a key word in the text, if you can't answer a question straight away leave it and go back. But relax and don't panic thats where it'll fall apart. good luck :biggrin: lesley

Guest lesleyawalsh

:wink:THANK YOU!!!!X

sorry missed the last part. No AHPRA do there own checks. Make sure you have a full transcript from your uni with course content etc. .I had my documents witnessed by a solicitor which cost a fiver, AHPRA accepted them, also did my medical while i was waiting which then speeded up the visa process, people will tell you not to get them done until you are asked but if you are going into nursing they are a requirement for the visa so you can get them done first:wink:

Guest kitty2011
sorry missed the last part. No AHPRA do there own checks. Make sure you have a full transcript from your uni with course content etc. .I had my documents witnessed by a solicitor which cost a fiver, AHPRA accepted them, also did my medical while i was waiting which then speeded up the visa process, people will tell you not to get them done until you are asked but if you are going into nursing they are a requirement for the visa so you can get them done first:wink:

Thank you very much I will certainly look into this asap:yes:. I am dying to just get to Aus.

BTW good luck and thank you again.

x

Whey!

Have just got confirmation that I'm registered!!! Application began in sep 2010! Unfortunately have to reregister in May 2011 but I think everyone does? Lets hope that goes smoothly as I will still be in U.K!

Gill x

Congratulations!

Lol it's a joke isn't it 3 months later after all this, you have to go through it again.

I am speechless

:biglaugh:

Whey!

Have just got confirmation that I'm registered!!! Application began in sep 2010! Unfortunately have to reregister in May 2011 but I think everyone does? Lets hope that goes smoothly as I will still be in U.K!

Gill x

Fantastic news!

I applied 17 Dec, got a case officer this week - still think I have a long way to go yet :wacko: Wishful thinking it would have been done before we go!

Sharon x

Whey!

Gill x

Gill,

Are you actually registered or have you received eligibility to be registered and when you get out there go into AHPRA office with your letter and ID????

Anyone who has been recently registered got their practicing certificate from AHPRA?

My friend (an onshore graduate) got her registration in December and has still not received her certificate. ANMC won't process her skills assessment without a certified copy of the initial certificate - even though AHPRA has already sent them verification of registration.

Gill,

Are you actually registered or have you received eligibility to be registered and when you get out there go into AHPRA office with your letter and ID????

Hi Helen,

It seems to say I am registered, apparently i will be able to check the register on line within 24hrs. I was expecting the 'turn up with a letter to the office' cos an email a while ago said this, but this is my email from yesterday

"I refer to your application for registration as a nurse in Australia. I wish to advise that your application has been finalised. You should check the Online Register from the AHPRA website in the next 24 hours to view your registration status. This document may be downloaded for your employer. A certificate of registration will be sent to you from the Melbourne office of AHPRA in a few weeks. You are now registered until 31 May 2011, when all nurses and midwives are required to renew their registration. This will be the renewal date each year. A renewal form will be sent to the address on file early in May. If you have not received the form by middle of May you should contact the AHPRA office."

But why would everyone get a different response?? :arghh:The last info I had to provide was a c.v and evidence of continuing professional education which wasn't mentioned on the website as being needed as presumably you can register if newly quaified and wouldn't have any prof. development. Also the requirements for u.k and oz are slightly different for the amount of prof. dev. You feel so at their mercy!

i am sponsored by SA, they only asked that I show that I know howIto register. I'll let you know if I find myself on the register!

Gill x

Hi Helen,

Have checked register and i am on it and have registration number, I think you need to add this to your complaint! It seems ridiculous that some need to turn up and others don't? I was previously registered in 1997 in NSW for a year on a working holiday visa, would this make a difference, do you think?

You must be soooo frustrated!

Gill x

Whey!

Gill x

Congratulations Gill!!! Just sending my application off today......here we go lol x

Guest Andie33

hi there

sorry to ask this i know its prob been asked before, but ive been asked to provide the reg. fee. Does this now mean im nearin the end of the tunnel?And what a bugger we have to do it again in May. Theyre rake-in it in lol

Andie x

As far as I was told, and what actually happened, they take the money when they start assessing the application. If all paperwork is there, there should no be any problems/delays. They will do the criminal/police checks and if you don't have the visa they will officially register on AHPRA when you show them the visa, if you have it already it'll be better and sooner. If you are stuck with your application going nowhere, contact the ombudsman. You will find details in the AHPRA website good luck.

Rafa

Guest Andie33

Hi,

I should have been more specific, I applied in June 2010 and since then I have been back and forth with paperwork. I actually paid the application and assessment fee? at the beginning, They sent me mail saying documents have been verified, and can they now have the Registration fee of $86? Is that what you all are talking about?

Thanks

Andie

Archived