Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest Stevieboy22

Application received by AHPRA November 17th, money finally taken from my account March 18th so now waiting on my registration being confirmed. Oh what a long journey it is. At least my job is still waiting for me at Sunshine Hospital.

Fingers crossed we'll be able to book our flights soon. Altona Meadows we're gettin closer :biggrin:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I qualified at Southampton Uni, i was told that each person is entitled to one free copy of transcript, after that there would be charge for further copies. Mine included all modules, hours in clinical practice, etc for each year of training. And was accepted by AHPRA.

Thanks so much Coxy04. I went to uni in Southampton too. I sent my registration form off to the AHPRA in September and only heard back last week that I needed to send a transcript of uni education back, I was thinking that I would never be able to get the uni to do that for me, you have raised my hopes now!!!

I just want to get out there now this is so frustrating. If they made the form easily understandable and gave enough explanations I could have got this done months ago.

What I found hilarious was that my friend phoned them the other day and they said that registration takes 2 months!?!?!?!? I would have to disagree. Good luck everyone I hope the registration journey is easier for you.

Maybe I'll get to OZ one day. :twitcy:

Hi, just wondering if anyone could give me any words of wisdom please? I qualified in 1990 so hence have a level 1 certificate in nursing and the only diploma level course I've taken (and passed) is a leg ulcer course which entails about 40 hours of classroom study. With the IELTS tests, notaries etc I've spent about £650 on my licence application. At the time of taking the IELTS tests I didn't need a diploma but just before my application went in AHPRA changed their criteria so that a high level diploma or degree is required. I've finally received a letter from AHPRA and they want a breakdown of the leg ulcer course in hours. My gut feeling is that this isn't going to be enough.

It's so fustrating as I have 20 years+ of experience to bring them and I've worked in just about every aspect of nursing.

I'd be grateful for any feedback please!

Hi, just wondering if anyone could give me any words of wisdom please? I qualified in 1990 so hence have a level 1 certificate in nursing and the only diploma level course I've taken (and passed) is a leg ulcer course which entails about 40 hours of classroom study. With the IELTS tests, notaries etc I've spent about £650 on my licence application. At the time of taking the IELTS tests I didn't need a diploma but just before my application went in AHPRA changed their criteria so that a high level diploma or degree is required. I've finally received a letter from AHPRA and they want a breakdown of the leg ulcer course in hours. My gut feeling is that this isn't going to be enough.

It's so fustrating as I have 20 years+ of experience to bring them and I've worked in just about every aspect of nursing.

I'd be grateful for any feedback please!

Hiya, I don't know the answer I'm afraid, just want to share your angst and show support, I'm also Level 1 cert (qualified in 94') Am yet to hear from APHRA, sent in Jan. They will probably say the same to me !! Hellsbellson here got her reg through recently and so did another member who is old school so hopefully we will be ok ! Don't be disheartened, think positive and all fingers crossed. Good luck, it is very frustrating tho

Rachel x

Guest Coxy04

Don't give up hope. I applied for registration with Vic NB March 2010, then had to send additional application forms to AHPRA, plus few odd bits of paperwork, Nov 2010. I finally got my registration letter through today. I have to attend AHPRA office in next 12 months or it will be voided and they will destroy all parework i have sent. They do have the systems in place. I was told that due to the high influx of applicants, and the initial teething problems, they had to prioritise applications. So those newly qualified Oz nurses got 1st shot, then those already over there with job offers, then those over here waiting to go. All the very best. Tania

Many thanks for your advice. AHPRA have requested additional info that I need to respond to within 3 months. I can't seem to get through to my link officer to ask questions but can anyone help me please!

I have sent letters of employment from my 2 employers of the last 5 years. I thought I'd met all their criteria but there must have been something missing. Do they want a full job description when they say 'describe the role in which you were employed'? My current employer has just stated that I'm employed on the haemodialysis unit as a nurse, in addition to the dates etc required.

Also they've asked me to provide details of the hours of a diploma-level leg ulcer course. The tutor has emailed me the info but I doubt that an email would be suffice. Do you think it should be in the same format as the training transcipts - signed etc?

Hi, I am a newbie on here but have been lurking in the background for a few months.

I am a Direct Entry Midwife, qualified in 2005, and hope to get a 457 visa. I sent off my cv to a recuitment agency in November just to test the water and was advised to register with AHPRA - but to try NT or SA as QLD where I plan to move would have a backlog.

AHRPA NT received my application end Feb/Early March and emailed me for extra info which I forwarded.

Now I have a letter of eligibility to register as a registered nurse, dated 25 March. Yeay didnt take long at all - thing is I am not a nurse. Is this how I am to be registered? Are there any midwives out there who can shed light on this?

Cheers.

Guest sharon and gaz

Hi problems with ahpra payment was taken from my account on wed then today they emailed me to inform me they don't have my identification documents. Now I'm positive that a certified copy of my passport marriage certificate birth certificate and divorce decree were with my application. My lawyer has certified them again today and I've scanned them to the contact I have at their office in melbourne. What I want to know is has anyone else had to resend certified cdocuments that you know were sent? Am really mad as I 'll have to send these original certified documents to them by fed ex again!!

Hi all

I received my letter of eligibility from AHPRA yesterday, wow can't believe it. I applied to the Perth office and they have been really good, took 6 weeks altogether! Just have to go in the office with identity documents and will be put on register. The letter states I can work in any state in Australia!! So happy, can start looking for jobs now x x

Guest janiem
Hi problems with ahpra payment was taken from my account on wed then today they emailed me to inform me they don't have my identification documents. Now I'm positive that a certified copy of my passport marriage certificate birth certificate and divorce decree were with my application. My lawyer has certified them again today and I've scanned them to the contact I have at their office in melbourne. What I want to know is has anyone else had to resend certified cdocuments that you know were sent? Am really mad as I 'll have to send these original certified documents to them by fed ex again!!

Hi Sharon,

I also have to re-send more documents for proof of identification, they wanted a copy of my visa but dont have that yet as I need registration first for my 457 visa, I enclosed a letter explaining this with my documents.

I applied to the Brisbane office and it has taken 5 months so far. When did you apply?

Jane x

Hi Sharon,

I also have to re-send more documents for proof of identification, they wanted a copy of my visa but dont have that yet as I need registration first for my 457 visa, I enclosed a letter explaining this with my documents.

I applied to the Brisbane office and it has taken 5 months so far. When did you apply?

Jane x

Hie Jane

Finally they have decide to look at our papers. I got the same e-mail requesting for proof of identity, (Visa) and proof of payment. I am still overseas and l don't have a visa at the moment!! I had to re-send a copy of my birth certifacte, passport and marriage certificate.

We are almost there.

(I applied to Brisbane as well, papers received on the 9th of Nov).

Guest sharon and gaz
Hi Sharon,

Jane x

Hi Jane,

they acknowledged receipt of my application on 16th january so I suppose it's not been that long compared to some people on the forum. But, losing the identification documents is a major letdown what are they up to? One of the main things I did was to checklist the documents before sending I resen the docs on fri via fedex have sent them direct to their offices at bourke street fedex won't deliver to a PO box! and I wanted a signature this time. So fingers and everything else crossed start working with royal distrct nursing service on 1st aug.I am traveling on a spouse visa 457 they didn't ask for this in the original application soI suppose I 'll have to send that too. Have you been asked to complete a medical yet I haven't done that yet?

sharon x

Oh I think it is standard that they ask you to send them again. I know for a fact I sent all my ID stuff with my application and was asked for them again some 4 months down the line and this was 2 months after they took my money.. Once they received all my new ID docs they gave me eligibility about 2 weeks later. It took just over 5 months to come through. It appears they are getting a little better. About time. It's only taken them nearly a year to get sorted.

We are now out in Australia, but I just need to go into AHPRA in Brisbane now with my original docs and get on the register. Due to start work on 9th May

x H

Guest janiem
Hi Jane,

they acknowledged receipt of my application on 16th january so I suppose it's not been that long compared to some people on the forum. But, losing the identification documents is a major letdown what are they up to? One of the main things I did was to checklist the documents before sending I resen the docs on fri via fedex have sent them direct to their offices at bourke street fedex won't deliver to a PO box! and I wanted a signature this time. So fingers and everything else crossed start working with royal distrct nursing service on 1st aug.I am traveling on a spouse visa 457 they didn't ask for this in the original application soI suppose I 'll have to send that too. Have you been asked to complete a medical yet I haven't done that yet?

sharon x

Hi Sharon,

I don't know what they are up to, I tried to telephone them on wednesday night on the telephone number that was on the letter I received, but it is unobtainable outside Australia! then I phoned my migration agent in OZ, she gave me the number for Sydney office (same one on the web site) but they refused to transfer me to Brisbane, I then tried to e-mail them on the same address I have used for past 5 months and the postmaster at AHPRA sent it back 3 times stating I was un-authorised to use this address?? :arghh: so I just had to send off the documents saturday morning in hope they are ok.

Yes, we have done our medicals although the 457 visa application cannot be lodged yet, my migration agent said back in october to get medicals organised so we did them in november, I guess she did not expect all the problems with AHPRA and I would be waiting this long for registration.

Good idea to send them direct to their office, wish I had thought of that. Reading previous entries they assign a case offficer? I havn't been informed if I have one, do you?

Jane xx

Guest janiem
Oh I think it is standard that they ask you to send them again. I know for a fact I sent all my ID stuff with my application and was asked for them again some 4 months down the line and this was 2 months after they took my money.. Once they received all my new ID docs they gave me eligibility about 2 weeks later. It took just over 5 months to come through. It appears they are getting a little better. About time. It's only taken them nearly a year to get sorted.

We are now out in Australia, but I just need to go into AHPRA in Brisbane now with my original docs and get on the register. Due to start work on 9th May

x H

Hi, congratulations on getting your eligibility!

When did you get to Australia? any idea of the time span for registration once you produce you documentation in person? hopefully it wont be long.

Jane xx

Brilliant. Emailed Ahpra on Friday re query registered nurse/midwife and have just had reply this morning to apologise for the typo, their system shows midwifery only and shouldn't have a problem once I arrive in Oz.

Just waiting and hoping to get a telephone interview and 457 visa. Fingers crossed.

Brilliant. Emailed Ahpra on Friday re query registered nurse/midwife and have just had reply this morning to apologise for the typo, their system shows midwifery only and shouldn't have a problem once I arrive in Oz.

Just waiting and hoping to get a telephone interview and 457 visa. Fingers crossed.

Thats great for you, all go soon for you,

Donna x:jiggy:

Guest deepend

Hi all,

I send my application first week of December and they took payment on feb 8th.

I spoke to them yesterday and this guy said that 'we got all ur papers and its with one of the assesment officer; they will contact you thru email within 2-3 weeks time'

Friends, is their any hope...? Does it mean my papers are ok?

Also, if I am registered what is the next procedure? find an employer or proceed with ANMC? How long ANMC process would take..?

Thanks for ur reply.

Guest Chr1s07

Hi,

Ive been reading through old posts trying to get an idea for how long AHPRA registration will take.

It would seem some folk have sent registration to either perth or Darwin and received it through within weeks.

Can you send your application to either of these cities and attend the local office in Sydney for verification?

Also how have others posted their application? I am worried about sending to a PO BOX. Can you send using some sort of tracking service to a postal address?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sharon and gaz

Hi everyone,

Well great news am eligible for nurse registration!!!!!!!! got email today from ahpra to confirm that I'm now eligible for nurse registration just to make appointment when I arrive in melbourne and take original documents. I'm so relieved the application was received by ahpra 7th jan money taken from account 3 weeks ago. sharon x

Hi everyone,

Well great news am eligible for nurse registration!!!!!!!! got email today from ahpra to confirm that I'm now eligible for nurse registration just to make appointment when I arrive in melbourne and take original documents. I'm so relieved the application was received by ahpra 7th jan money taken from account 3 weeks ago. sharon x

That is fantastic news, so that wasn't too long a wait. Under 4 months, there is hope for us all now!

Donnax:jiggy:

Guest janiem
Hi everyone,

Hi Sharon,

Congratulations that is great news! I am still waiting to hear back from AHPRA since I sent further documentation on 9th April, fngers crossed it wont be too much longer now.

Janie xx

The whole process with Ahpra does seem to take a while! You can apply for your registration before you go....I have had mine 6 months which enabled me to join some Nursing agencies etc so as soon as my visa comes, I can apply for a job and be ready to go!!

Good Luck!!

Well, here I am again..... I've not been on this AHPRA thread for a while but now I have arrived in Brisbane the nightmare is starting all over again.....

Received "eligibility for registration" in January, when I arrived in Brisbane told to go in with all my docs... So !!!! I DID.

Arrived Brisbane 5th April, went into AHPRA 19th April, a lovely lady dealt with me straight away, took all my documents, changed my address and stuff, now today 2 weeks later I have contacted them as I am still not on the register yet. I am due to start work on Monday. I had all good faith in them when I turned up at the office and the woman was very efficient even at 4.30 in the afternoon... I should of known better...

Rang today and the woman who I need to speak to is in a meeting..... MEETING !!!!!!!! Always in meetings. So the chap has left her a message... We will see ?????

So unfortunately they still have not got their act together. Sorry Folks !!!!!

x Helen

Hi everyone,

Fantastic news about your eligibility, but word of warning, make it 1 of your priorities when u get to Melbourne to go in with your docs and well in time b4 u start work. Don't know if they are like the Brisbane office but I went in 2 weeks ago and still not appeared on the register. Starting work on Monday.......Maybe !!!

Archived