Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest tandcmum
Needing somewhere to sound off because I'm so fed up and exasperated with my AHPRA application! I just feel like giving the whole thing up. AHPRA started assessing my application in March. They had an issue that some of my documents were in my former married name and some in my maiden name. Understandably they wanted to link the 2 surnames as they only name on the decree absolute was my married name, so I've sent them a certified copy of my marriage certificate. They also wanted proof (despite my nurse transcripts stating I was taught in English, a statement from my primary school stating I was taught there and a copy of my English GCE) from my primary school that I was 'taught in English'. So after much running around I got that sorted. They've now emailed me to say that they still need proof of my married name and now they've decided that they need proof that I've had training in aged care. I'm sure it must be in my transcript plus I've worked for 4 years in rehab. Does common sense prevail at all?? They've waited all this time to ask this and tomorrow I'm going off travelling for 3 months. Do they just come up with excuses not to give you a licence? Sorry for the rant! Cath x

sorry your having problems Cath :mad:

I sent my application off 3 weeks ago and have had acknowledgement saying they are still waiting for verification from the NMC before further assessment. I'm dreading them coming back wanting loads of extra info. I haven't been able to get any letters from my schools saying i was tught in English as it was so long ago and they only keep records from 5 years. I emailed them about this and they said i could send a statutory declaration which i have. I'm also concerned now that they won't accept my documents as the JOP hasn't put their phone number on them. I'm sick with worry about it already

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Cath and everyone else who is having problems with AHPRA -

Just to say you are not alone!!!! I have had all of this chasing them at 6 am my time, waiting weeks for them to receive documents.......then waiting another 2 weeks for them to process them. Then after ringing up again being told that my documents don't seem to have been matched up to my file??? Then having to get back in touch with my high schools for proof that i was taught in english and then them saying that they never received my certificate of good standing when really they had!

Latest thing is that my transcript did not have the exact hours of study so now the uni have to send that direct to them. So far I have paid £400 in notary fees, nmc and uni fees and postage and over 3 months on and I am still battling. I have a job but they will not start the visa nomination until I have AHPRA confirmation. Then AHPRA said to me you need to show your visa which i don't have yet so i had to write a letter stating why i didn't have it yet???

Honest I am so stressed with it all and I have had to ask for an extension now for this last document otherwise they destroy everything and i have to start again. They have agreed to an extension but are yet to confirm the date!

I dread waking up in the morning to see what annoying AHPRA e-mail awaits me this morning! Sorry rant over and i know that they are like this with every nurse but god they are difficult!!!!!

Claire :mad:

Thanks guys for your replies. I don't understand that they started assessing my application in March and they've only just decided to tell me that my transcript is insufficient. I've paid out about £600 so far and there seems to be no end in sight. I'm back from my travels in October and I'm going to write to the Ombudsman.

Claire - why do you have to show your visa? I don't understand the relavance - you either qualify for a licence or not! I haven't even bothered applying for a job yet, let alone a visa. Hope you get somewhere soon x

P.S. My dad is going to write to the Australian Ambassador too!

Thanks guys for your replies. I don't understand that they started assessing my application in March and they've only just decided to tell me that my transcript is insufficient. I've paid out about £600 so far and there seems to be no end in sight. I'm back from my travels in October and I'm going to write to the Ombudsman.

Claire - why do you have to show your visa? I don't understand the relavance - you either qualify for a licence or not! I haven't even bothered applying for a job yet, let alone a visa. Hope you get somewhere soon x

P.S. My dad is going to write to the Australian Ambassador too!

Well you have to show a proof of evidence from each category and category A is an australian passport or visa etc. So the only thing that i would possibly be able to show them from that would be my visa but obviously i don't have it yet. So they give you an 'in principle' letter then you turn up at the AHPRA office when you get there with the visa and then you are allowed to be on the register, but i had to sign and send a letter stating why i did not have my visa yet!!!

I am hoping that once they have received this final document that i will then get this 'in principle' letter, however i thought that last time and they are still battling it out. I have been told by my new employers that:-

a) AHPRA is a new organisation and that before they were formed they had separate nursing agencies per state so they are having some teething problems and

b) everyone's annual renewal is due in June so they have a backlog of that, which takes priority and that I must be patient..................hmmmmmmmmmmmm:arghh:

Guest tandcmum
Well you have to show a proof of evidence from each category and category A is an australian passport or visa etc. So the only thing that i would possibly be able to show them from that would be my visa but obviously i don't have it yet. So they give you an 'in principle' letter then you turn up at the AHPRA office when you get there with the visa and then you are allowed to be on the register, but i had to sign and send a letter stating why i did not have my visa yet!!!

I am hoping that once they have received this final document that i will then get this 'in principle' letter, however i thought that last time and they are still battling it out. I have been told by my new employers that:-

a) AHPRA is a new organisation and that before they were formed they had separate nursing agencies per state so they are having some teething problems and

b) everyone's annual renewal is due in June so they have a backlog of that, which takes priority and that I must be patient..................hmmmmmmmmmmmm:arghh:

Just great, I'll expect to hear back from them in September then. I'm hoping that as long as i keep my new employer informed of what is happening they will be okay about it, they did say themselves that AHPRA are being a bit of a pain at the moment

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone, am also jumping on the ahpra crap bandwagon. have almost got all paperwork together to send to ahpra for midwife registration. just one quick question.

when getting verification from the nmc, they are asking for the address for the overseas registration authority to whom i want the verification certificate to be issued., i cant seem to find it,

also when i send all my documents to ahpra,do i have to wait until my verification certificate is sorted or can it be done at same time.

if i wish to apply to NSW to work as a midwife, where do i send all my ahpra registration paperwork to, or is it dealt with at one particular place.

sorry for the ramble. nicola

hi

what are the fees for midwives wanting to register with ahpra from UK. i am emigrating to australia in october and want this in place by then.

it says on application form that there is an application fee $115, annual registration fee $115 and an overseas assessment charge of $220. it seems a bit steep. can any

one confirm if this is correct please.

and one last thing. as i have only been qualified 2 yrs. when it comes to doing my CV, will it just have to include everything i have done whilst being a midwife, or is it like a normal cv where you have to list all your previous employment and study whether it is linked to midwifery or not.

sorry for all the questions, but i have heard how awkward they can be and dont want anything to go wrong.

just remembered one final point. i plan to go and stay with my family in oz for a while, what address do i put on the ahpra paperwork, my uk one or my new oz one.

many thanks nicola

hi

what are the fees for midwives wanting to register with ahpra from UK. i am emigrating to australia in october and want this in place by then.

it says on application form that there is an application fee $115, annual registration fee $115 and an overseas assessment charge of $220. it seems a bit steep. can any

one confirm if this is correct please.

and one last thing. as i have only been qualified 2 yrs. when it comes to doing my CV, will it just have to include everything i have done whilst being a midwife, or is it like a normal cv where you have to list all your previous employment and study whether it is linked to midwifery or not.

sorry for all the questions, but i have heard how awkward they can be and dont want anything to go wrong.

just remembered one final point. i plan to go and stay with my family in oz for a while, what address do i put on the ahpra paperwork, my uk one or my new oz one.

many thanks nicola

Hi yumimumi,

I can give you a bit of information to help you, a UK address should be fine and you can change it at a later date. I have put mine as UK only at this time. With regards to the fees, i checked this when i applied and yes all 3 need to be paid. Then when you are on the register it will be just the annual one like the NMC.

With regards to the CV, i did mine like normal with previous education and employment details but then when i put my current post down then i did a sub-section underneath it stating some of the roles and responsibilities that I currently have. This seemed to be ok for them.

Also do not make the same mistake that i did as it has taken me weeks to try and sort out. I sent certified copies of my nursing qualifications but they responded stating that they wanted a certified copy of my university transcript too which i then sent but know they have said that they wanted a breakdown of my clinical and theory hours on the transcript too. So i had to get this direct from the uni who charge me £60, still waiting for AHPRA to process this! Wish i had got this at the beginning and sent with my original documents, but never mind.

You must be doing something right though as i had 100 questions when i initially applied, let me know if i can help with any other questions, the whole process is a nightmare!!! :eek:

Hi,

Please can we get the update on AHPRA application sent to Perth office.

My OH application received at Perth on 21 June 11, received email on 23 June, money taken 25 June after that no update.

NMC confirmed posted current registration status on 30 June but AHPRA haven't received it yet (phoned today on 12 July)

My OH sent her application by Global Priority (Parcelfore) by paying £51 and it took 5 working days. Application received on 21 June and got the confirmation when phoned on 23 June and also received email on the same day. However NMC confirmed they posted registration status on 30 June but by normal post. And calling AHPRA everyday but no luck. Not sure why its taking so long for normal post. It's now more than 12 days.

Or it must have been received but not yet scanned.

Again calling tomorrow...fingers crossed.

Mansawant

Guest tandcmum
Hi,

Please can we get the update on AHPRA application sent to Perth office.

My OH application received at Perth on 21 June 11, received email on 23 June, money taken 25 June after that no update.

NMC confirmed posted current registration status on 30 June but AHPRA haven't received it yet (phoned today on 12 July)

My OH sent her application by Global Priority (Parcelfore) by paying £51 and it took 5 working days. Application received on 21 June and got the confirmation when phoned on 23 June and also received email on the same day. However NMC confirmed they posted registration status on 30 June but by normal post. And calling AHPRA everyday but no luck. Not sure why its taking so long for normal post. It's now more than 12 days.

Or it must have been received but not yet scanned.

Again calling tomorrow...fingers crossed.

Mansawant

NMC state they sent my verification on 27th June and it's still not arrived in Oz with AHPRA. I've only just got my letter acknowledging its been sent from NMC yesterday tho so although it could have been done on the 27th it doesn't necessarily mean it was posted that day I guess. I'm waiting till end of week and if nothing from AHPRA will email them to ask if its arrived yet

NMC state they sent my verification on 27th June and it's still not arrived in Oz with AHPRA. I've only just got my letter acknowledging its been sent from NMC yesterday tho so although it could have been done on the 27th it doesn't necessarily mean it was posted that day I guess. I'm waiting till end of week and if nothing from AHPRA will email them to ask if its arrived yet

Hi Tandcmum,

where did u send ur application? We have sent to Perth. We received letter from NMC dated 28 June and on phone they confirmed posted on 30 June.

So we are waiting until Friday otherwise will pay again £34 to resend as we are going to India for 4 weeks so want to make sure they have received everything when we are here in UK.

Mansawant

Guest tandcmum
Hi Tandcmum,

where did u send ur application? We have sent to Perth. We received letter from NMC dated 28 June and on phone they confirmed posted on 30 June.

So we are waiting until Friday otherwise will pay again £34 to resend as we are going to India for 4 weeks so want to make sure they have received everything when we are here in UK.

Mansawant

I've sent to the brisbane office, i'm hanging fire until beginning of next week when i'm days off then i might try phoning to see if its got there yet. I'm sure everything will be fine, i have no intention of paying the NMC more money for something that should have been done!!!

I've sent to the brisbane office, i'm hanging fire until beginning of next week when i'm days off then i might try phoning to see if its got there yet. I'm sure everything will be fine, i have no intention of paying the NMC more money for something that should have been done!!!

Don't worry guys! This happened to me and I was debating paying again and NMC said it had gone and then AHPRA said they never had it and almost 4 weeks passed and after lots and lots of phone calls guess what it arrived! Nightmare but keep persisting they should turn up! :arghh:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh God...I'm so worried about what the rest of this year entails!! I sent my application a few weeks back to Perth office and have had two emails stating that they have received it and that it is being processed. This thread is so disheartening! I'm just waiting for something to go wrong now!! :chatterbox:

Lau:wacko:

Guest girlinOZ
Oh God...I'm so worried about what the rest of this year entails!! I sent my application a few weeks back to Perth office and have had two emails stating that they have received it and that it is being processed. This thread is so disheartening! I'm just waiting for something to go wrong now!! :chatterbox:

Lau:wacko:

Hang in there, Lau! it took me nearly a year to get my license from the time I first started collecting the docs. I sent my stuff in a couple of times and they sent it back at least once. (I submitting during the AHPRA transition). I actually had to go to Brisbane in person to sort things out and that helped a lot. I got my license 3-4 months later. The funny part was, I had to pay to renew it in May before I even got a chance to use it!!

Hang in there, Lau! it took me nearly a year to get my license from the time I first started collecting the docs. I sent my stuff in a couple of times and they sent it back at least once. (I submitting during the AHPRA transition). I actually had to go to Brisbane in person to sort things out and that helped a lot. I got my license 3-4 months later. The funny part was, I had to pay to renew it in May before I even got a chance to use it!!

Oh dear! well i'm seeing the average is like 6 months at least?! Oh well, I'm going to be patient...doesn't seem like I have a choice! Just going to keep pestering them! I'm waiting for another email saying I am missing something/something is not right/something needs doing again. I suppose I am prepared! :twitcy:

Guest tandcmum

I've spoken with AHPRA this morning and they have confirmed they have received my NMC verification and when i asked her is there anything else needed she said the only thing outstanding was Aus visa but she expected I wouldn't have that yet (she's right, need my AHPRA before I can apply) she then said that it can take a couple of months to process so I gues it's just a waiting game now

I've spoken with AHPRA this morning and they have confirmed they have received my NMC verification and when i asked her is there anything else needed she said the only thing outstanding was Aus visa but she expected I wouldn't have that yet (she's right, need my AHPRA before I can apply) she then said that it can take a couple of months to process so I gues it's just a waiting game now

Well you would think that if you had everything then that would be sufficient for them to do straight away! I can understand a couple of weeks to process but a couple of months that is just shocking! I will be chasing mine up tomorrow as I am hoping that they have received the final document now. Fingers crossed! :eek:

Mined took 9 months to process but more recent posts have shown processing times of 4 months. AHPRA do now seem to be getting there act together, when I had applied it was a shambles as the system had just been nationalised. I did have to complain to Heal

th Ministers in Victoria and also directly to AHPRA.

It is a huge relief when it does come through but expect a wait!

It's so infuriating! We're all just in limbo until they come through! At least I know I am. Prospective employer has said get AHPRA reg then start to apply for visa but she wants me there in January. I know the way it's going this might not happen - I can't expect people to wait forever. She offered me the job in March! So annoying! Oh well, patience...

If your Employer is worth their salt they will wait for you! Don't feel pressured into thinking you have to be there for January. There is little you can do to hurry the process. I have had my job since March 2010 and am just having my visa processed at the moment. i hope to be there for late September. There are loads of jobs for nurses in OZ its such a shame the bureaucratic nightmare that you have to go through to get there!

Good luck it will all come good in the end!

Guest nadiamurray

hey there , just to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel!! my ahpra was applied for in April and just got email today stating that I am eligible !! It felt like forever but glad its done now !! Now to send off my Visa application xx

Archived