Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

hey there , just to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel!! my ahpra was applied for in April and just got email today stating that I am eligible !! It felt like forever but glad its done now !! Now to send off my Visa application xx

Oooh that's fairly quick. Which office did you send it to? were you asked for more info?

Well done on getting over this hurdle! :biggrin:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey there , just to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel!! my ahpra was applied for in April and just got email today stating that I am eligible !! It felt like forever but glad its done now !! Now to send off my Visa application xx

Ooooh congrats! Am hoping that I will get mine soon, I applied end of March and have had to send 3 different documents off to them since my initial application in this time. I hope the visa goes smoothly. It's a shame that we can not do the two processes together side-by-side anymore.

:huh:

Guest nadiamurray

It would be much easier to do both at once!! I applied to the Perth office and yes had to get my university to resend documents and then had to send more documents after that!! very frustrating but got there in the end. xx

It would be much easier to do both at once!! I applied to the Perth office and yes had to get my university to resend documents and then had to send more documents after that!! very frustrating but got there in the end. xx

Hi, i'm just going through the skills assessment at the moment and once completed, intend to apply to APHRA. Do you know if I can get the ANMAC to send all the documents they hold to APHRA so that i do not have to collect all the info again ?????:confused: Or am I being unrealistic......!!!!! Finding the whole process very frustrating. :arghh:

Guest nadiamurray

Not sure about the ANMAC as I didnt have to go through them as I am going on a permanent employer sponsored visa, so that part is not required. But i have read on other posts that you have to submit all the documents again !!

Hi, i'm just going through the skills assessment at the moment and once completed, intend to apply to APHRA. Do you know if I can get the ANMAC to send all the documents they hold to APHRA so that i do not have to collect all the info again ?????:confused: Or am I being unrealistic......!!!!! Finding the whole process very frustrating. :arghh:

ANMAC will forward all your documents to whichever AHPRA office you want. You'll get asked that once you get a positive assessment. Mark Braybrook who appears to deal with all overseas skills assessments is really good, I was emailing him regularly for updates and he was lovely.

Jackie

ANMAC will forward all your documents to whichever AHPRA office you want. You'll get asked that once you get a positive assessment. Mark Braybrook who appears to deal with all overseas skills assessments is really good, I was emailing him regularly for updates and he was lovely.

Jackie

Many thanks for that info, at least thats one less thing to have to do. We are hoping assessment will be completed in the next week or two. Fingers crossed.:biglaugh:

hi just wanted to ask. I am a midwife emigrating to nsw australia in october. we have our permanant skills visa, been accepted on my oh trade. so i havent done my ielts as was under the impression that because we are not going on my job i didnt have to do this. also i have sent all my relevant paperwork to ahpra including evidence of a letter from my secondary school detailing all my gcse results.

i have sent the paperwork to ahpra in sydney, hope this was the right place to send it to, posted it 12 days ago,

do ahpra acknowledge receipt of your submitted paperwork. also how long do sydney take to process the application.

am hoping to god its all sorted out for when i get over there mid october. or am i living in the clouds.

hmmm. any advice would be great.

thanks nicola

do ahpra acknowledge receipt of your submitted paperwork. also how long do sydney take to process the application.

Don't know how long they will take it seems to be approximately 4months by reading other posts on here and I don't think that they acknowledge receipt they didn't with me so I kept phoning them until they had them.........tip: when you ring the number ask to be put through to the sydney office they are more helpful direct than on the national line as they seem to be able to access more. Hope this helps a little, good luck! :cute:

Guest nadiamurray

Don't know how long they will take it seems to be approximately 4months by reading other posts on here and I don't think that they acknowledge receipt they didn't with me so I kept phoning them until they had them.........tip: when you ring the number ask to be put through to the sydney office they are more helpful direct than on the national line as they seem to be able to access more. Hope this helps a little, good luck! :cute:

Hey there, they did acknowledge receipt after approx 3 weeks to say they had the application and that they will be in touch. They received my application on the 6/5/11 and I got approval 26/7/11, so approx 3 months , thats at the Perth office.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hannah539

Hi, I am new to this forum. This has probably been asked many times before so apologies!

I would like to move to Perth in the next 1 - 2 years. I have only just qualified with a Higher Education Diploma.

I would like to know whether AHPRA will register UK Diploma qualified nurses and whether there is a minimum work experience requirement, I'm sure I read 12 months somewhere...?.

I would be aiming to go over on a 457 if I can get sponsorship - does anyone know if there is a minimum work experience period that employers would expect before sponsoring?

Thanks

Hannah x

Hi, I am new to this forum. This has probably been asked many times before so apologies!

I would like to move to Perth in the next 1 - 2 years. I have only just qualified with a Higher Education Diploma.

I would like to know whether AHPRA will register UK Diploma qualified nurses and whether there is a minimum work experience requirement, I'm sure I read 12 months somewhere...?.

I would be aiming to go over on a 457 if I can get sponsorship - does anyone know if there is a minimum work experience period that employers would expect before sponsoring?

Thanks

Hannah x

Hello Hannah,

I came to Melbourne 10 months ago. I did the diploma pathway but topped to degree during the course, finished in 2009 and applied for my registration and job in 2010. As long as you have your diploma or degree in nursing you will be fine. Agencies ask for at least 2 years experience but the hospital I'm working didn't look at that, it depends of each employer. As long as they sponsor you, you will be fine. I would recommend applying to AHPRA first as it might take months and months and you can get experience whilst you wait...

I hope that's ok.

RAFA

Guest Hannah539

zeneco26, thank you so much for your reply!!

I think I will try and top-up my Diploma to give myself the best chance. Unfortunately, I will need to self fund this as my new employer will not fund any theoretical courses at the moment, still it will keep me busy. I'll just keep dreaming for the moment!

:wink:

zeneco26, thank you so much for your reply!!

I think I will try and top-up my Diploma to give myself the best chance. Unfortunately, I will need to self fund this as my new employer will not fund any theoretical courses at the moment, still it will keep me busy. I'll just keep dreaming for the moment!

:wink:

Hannah,

You don't need to top up if you want to... get experience... money (here is expensive at the beginning and the cost of moving even more) then once you are here you get the chance to study and do loads of top ups, masters, post grad... etc!!!

Rafa

Hello everyone!

I applied for my registration with AHPRA in April, was really worried as Im learning disability trained and a diploma nurse with two years post grad experience, how ever I received this email today stating....

Thank you for your most recent enquiry.

In response we would like to advise your application has progressed to the final stages of registration and you will receive a confirmation email once this is complete.

Does this sound promising or am I getting over excited about nothing?! :D

Becca

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tandcmum

okay I'm bored now. Application has been with the Brisbane office since 23rd June and not heard a peep from them other than to say they have the application. I've been expecting an email telling me something is missing, wrong or they need something else for weeks now but nothing

Hey guys

My update so far:

Applied to Perth office in June, had application acknowledged twice on July 20 and 22

Further email on Aug 8 requesting:

Certified evidence of your nursing qualification. Transcript of Training must display clinical and theoretical hours.

An employer signed statement of service as outlined at Section E, question 13 of the application form.

Licence Card/Certificates have not been provided to confirm your registration with the NMC.

English language – Overseas Graduate You have not provided sufficient evidence to support your response to question 16 of the application form in relation to completing your secondary education in the English language. If you did complete your secondary & tertiary education in the English language, you are required to provide a certified copy of a letter from your school & university confirming that you successfully graduated and that all classes were taught and assessed in English. If you are unable to provide this information, then you are required to submit a Statutory Declaration stating the above. Should you be unable to provide the Board with any of the above English Language proficiency evidence, you must provide results of an IELTS or OET English examination.

To which I replied that I a newly qualified, as such don't have a statement of service from an employer. Also direct verification from NMC is not good enough and they need to see the card too. In terms of English language test, I sent certified copies of all my GCSE and Alevel certificates but these are not sufficient either. I am getting a letter from my secondary school stating that I was taught and assessed in English. Also having to make my own transcript containing hours as the one provided for me from Uni does not contain this information - only credits and grades, and the Uni say this isn't something they can do!!

I am actually going to Perth at the start of Sept so I'm arranging a meeting with the case officer at the office and will take the required info with me! I wonder if that will speed things up?! I know compared to lots of people this is moving quite quickly, just annoying when you think you've covered all bases and they still want more!!

Lau :)

Guest tandcmum

can the uni provide you with a syllabus of the course at all? I'm quite suprised that seeins you are newly qualified they cannot provide a breakdown of your hours, perhaps try and speak to someone else in the department.

I had problems getting my transcripts and when i wnt through the people who provide them they only provided my grades, but i spoke to someone in the nursing department (who amazingly rememnbered me after 10yrs..lol) and they managed to delve into the archives and get me a breakdown of clinical and theortetical hours. The NMC might also be able to help as they might have records of the course you did

Hiya,

Yea the transcripts dept said it's something they don't do. I tried calling staff in the nursing dept but no answer to phone or email so i'm guessing it's their summer holiday! Luckily having only just qualified, I still have access to the online platform so can pull the info off myself and am compiling a spreadsheet and all info I can detailing the hours for each module! Just time consuming and not very official! I might arm myself with my own detailed transcript and then get someone at uni to sign it and put it on headed paper? I just plan on taking as much info as possible to Perthto get it sorted out!!

Lau

Hiya,

Yea the transcripts dept said it's something they don't do. I tried calling staff in the nursing dept but no answer to phone or email so i'm guessing it's their summer holiday! Luckily having only just qualified, I still have access to the online platform so can pull the info off myself and am compiling a spreadsheet and all info I can detailing the hours for each module! Just time consuming and not very official! I might arm myself with my own detailed transcript and then get someone at uni to sign it and put it on headed paper? I just plan on taking as much info as possible to Perthto get it sorted out!!

Lau

Hi

Not sure if this will be of any help, but I had a problem getting a transcript showing theoretical and practical hours from the university so contacted NMC and they sent something called an EUdirective direct to the ANMC and this was sufficent. I would presume that it would be the same for APHRA. I did not have to pay for the info to be sent, just rang NMC and told them what I needed. The lady that I spoke to knew exactly what i needed, so I think that they must send them frequently.

Good luck.!!

Guest tandcmum

OMG, that will teach me for moaning, I GOT MY IN PRINCIPLE LETTER :jiggy:

it's taken a toal of 6 weeks from them receiving the application in Brisbane, 3 weeks of which they were still waiting for the NMC verification, and i haven't been asked for any additional info or documents

really pleased :jiggy:

OMG, that will teach me for moaning, I GOT MY IN PRINCIPLE LETTER :jiggy:

it's taken a toal of 6 weeks from them receiving the application in Brisbane, 3 weeks of which they were still waiting for the NMC verification, and i haven't been asked for any additional info or documents

really pleased :jiggy:

Oh well done! That is great news, they received my final requested document 3 weeks ago today and i still haven't got my 'in principle letter' i feel like if you need more documents then you go to the back of the queue again! Again, well done to you, you must be so chuffed! Did you get letter in the post or were you told by e-mail?

:laugh:

Hi

Not sure if this will be of any help, but I had a problem getting a transcript showing theoretical and practical hours from the university so contacted NMC and they sent something called an EUdirective direct to the ANMC and this was sufficent. I would presume that it would be the same for APHRA. I did not have to pay for the info to be sent, just rang NMC and told them what I needed. The lady that I spoke to knew exactly what i needed, so I think that they must send them frequently.

Good luck.!!

Hiya,

Thanks for the advice - I will give it a go but I am a psych nurse and if I remember rightly it was only the adult branch doing the EU Directive stuff...not that i'm even sure what it is?! It's worth a try though. I am hoping and crossing my fingers that if I get everything i can together and go in person then maybe, just maybe, it'll speed things along!

:wacko:

Guest tandcmum
Oh well done! That is great news, they received my final requested document 3 weeks ago today and i still haven't got my 'in principle letter' i feel like if you need more documents then you go to the back of the queue again! Again, well done to you, you must be so chuffed! Did you get letter in the post or were you told by e-mail?

:laugh:

I got an email this morning with a copy of the in principle letter which will also be posted to me

Archived