Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Guest janiem
Hiya Jane,

Yip that letter is defo a nightmare! I got an e-mail this morning from AHPRA, i am now eligible for registration :smile: not before blidy time!! So hopefully things can start moving along now. I really hope that you hear something soon. I live in Irvine, just down the road :laugh: Let me know how you get on, just keep pestering them it has clearly worked for me.

Pam xx

Hi Pam, that is great news! Congratulations!! Here's hopong they are starting to move things along! Where do you work?

Jane xx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela and Brian
Aww thats fantastic news, won't be long now b4 the rest is sorted. Brilliant news. Sent you a PM earlier.

Take care. xx Helen:hug:

Hey, aw i know i hope it moves along now. I havn't received your pm, check that it sent ok?? or e-mail me pmtsmith@hotmail.com

Pam xx

Guest Pamela and Brian
Hi Pam, that is great news! Congratulations!! Here's hopong they are starting to move things along! Where do you work?

Jane xx

Aw i know it's fab news!! I really do hope you hear soon. I work in Crosshouse hospital Infectious diseases and renal/medical, what about yourself?

Pam xx

Does anyone know if it is necessary to be registered with the NMC before applying to AHPRA? I only qualify in September and have a place on a Grad Program...seems silly to pay to get my pin ect if I am coming out to Oz in November and have no intention to work as an RGN in this country.....I have emailed AHPRA, and got a standard reply and a link to the 'assessment of international nurses' document thing......helpful.......NOT!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guest shiji

hai all i loadged my application to darwin april26th(royal mail first class )thursday 13th may money has taken from my account .:cool:hoping the best

Guest tandcmum

Yes I'm afraid you will need to have initial registration with NMC before you cab register with AHPRA

Guest janiem
Aw i know it's fab news!! I really do hope you hear soon. I work in Crosshouse hospital Infectious diseases and renal/medical, what about yourself?

Pam xx

Hi Pam, A letter from AHPRA was waiting for me when I got home from work.....I am now eligible for registration, woohooo!!!! :jiggy: at long last, its been a long 6 months waiting, just hope my visa comes through quickly - it states in my letter I have until 5th August 2011 to "present in person at AHPRA office with proof of identity docs, if not my application will be taken to be withdrawn" so here's hoping 457 visa comes quick as not much time to sell house etc etc...

I work in Ayr Hospital main theatres, have been there for years!!!

Where in Queensland are you planning to go?

Jane xx

Hi Pam, A letter from AHPRA was waiting for me when I got home from work.....I am now eligible for registration, woohooo!!!! :jiggy: at long last, its been a long 6 months waiting, just hope my visa comes through quickly - it states in my letter I have until 5th August 2011 to "present in person at AHPRA office with proof of identity docs, if not my application will be taken to be withdrawn" so here's hoping 457 visa comes quick as not much time to sell house etc etc...

Jane xx

Wow!!! Congrats to you Jane, l am happy for you.

N...

Guest tandcmum

congrats to Janiem and pam and brian on geting your eligibility. Im just about to aply for mine and a bit worried about this whole getting eligibilty thing as i'm possibly going to Townsville so there is no AHPRA office there to go into. Also a bit woried at the such short time scale you have got Jamien to go into the office there is no way that i would be able to be sorted and got visa in that timescale

Hi Jane,

Are you sure you have to validate registration by 5th August 2011? A lot of the posts I have read say you have a year to validate, which is what I am expecting. I am hoping to send off application about August time, as I don't want to go until Sept 2012, but many employers say they won't look at applications until I have registration and say I need to apply for a job in January time. Now, I don't know what to do, I can't go any sooner as finishing MSc degree first. Tracey

Guest Pamela and Brian

Jane xx

Aw that's great news, congrats!! I wonder why you only have a few months to present in the AHPRA office!! Do you know what proof of identity docs we have to present in the office with? I'm sure your 457 will be sorted shortly :wink: You will have to keep in touch and let me know how things move along. Thankfully we don't have a house to sell, we have been living with my fiance's parents so we could save cash. We are going to go to Bli Bli first because we are going to live with friends until we find a wee apartment to rent. Really depends where i can find a job where we live. What about yourself? How many of you's are going? Your lucky that you are a theatre nurse, there are loads of jobs for that.

Pam xx

Guest Pamela and Brian
congrats to Janiem and pam and brian on geting your eligibility. Im just about to aply for mine and a bit worried about this whole getting eligibilty thing as i'm possibly going to Townsville so there is no AHPRA office there to go into. Also a bit woried at the such short time scale you have got Jamien to go into the office there is no way that i would be able to be sorted and got visa in that timescale

Hi,

Thanks, it has only taken 6 months :SLEEP: it must depend on what visa you are applying for because i have a year to present in the office with my identity docs :biggrin:

Pam.

Guest tandcmum
Hi,

Thanks, it has only taken 6 months :SLEEP: it must depend on what visa you are applying for because i have a year to present in the office with my identity docs :biggrin:

Pam.

wow 6 months, thats horrendous. i'm seriously considering applying to perth even if im going to queensland as there doesnt seem to be asmany issues with that office. i guess if i do end up in Townsville i will just have to have a couple of days stopover in a major city to go into an AHPRA office first

Guest bethnee

Hi,

can anyone help ive just received my in-principle approval for registration with AHPRA how long does it take for the final process once i have been to the brisbane office in person with my visa etc to be on the register

Guest Stevieboy22

Just thought I post a quick message on the 6 month anniversary of AHPRA recieving my application. I still don't have approval yet and have been told my application is going to the board this Thursday, although they can't tell me how long it will take for a decision to be made.

A little reflection on the last 6 months. Through frustration, disappointment, anger, agitation, exasperation, depression, hope and prayer, the stress has stood out head and shoulders above all other feelings. I can't belive the length of time this process has taken and have had many pangs of jealousy reading how others have applied to different offices (I applied to Melbourne) and had a much better experience.

I have read of the trouble that others have had with the Melbourne office and feel their pain and anguish. I know that the ultimate goal is so worthwhile but am saddened by the sour taste left by AHPRA. I am sure the the Heath Service in Australia does not reflect the workings of its Regulatory body and am still looking forward to relocating and returning to my roots.

Hopefully we are nearly there.

Well, AHPRA !!! When I went in with all my docs it took 2 weeks for them to get me on the register and that was perseverance on my part...Obviously. They got me on the register the Friday before I started work on Monday

Basically they need ID and police check from

I gave them :

Passport / visa label,

Filled a new contact info sheet - with my new address and telephone number on. (QLD address)

UK Polive check confirmation

Tenancy agreement,

Driving licence (QLD)

Letter of Eligibility

Work details if any ..... What else??????/ Trying to think what else. Its late and I am very tired so bear with me. Sorry !!!!!!

Oh and my medicare card. They will certify all these themselves when you get there.

So Pam, you need to sort licences, rental. medicare out b4 you go into the office. Hope this helps.

Pam, not sure where that message went Hun. Talk soon.

x Helen, :hug:

Guest Pamela and Brian
Well, AHPRA !!! When I went in with all my docs it took 2 weeks for them to get me on the register and that was perseverance on my part...Obviously. They got me on the register the Friday before I started work on Monday

Basically they need ID and police check from

I gave them :

Passport / visa label,

Filled a new contact info sheet - with my new address and telephone number on. (QLD address)

UK Polive check confirmation

Tenancy agreement,

Driving licence (QLD)

Letter of Eligibility

Work details if any ..... What else??????/ Trying to think what else. Its late and I am very tired so bear with me. Sorry !!!!!!

Oh and my medicare card. They will certify all these themselves when you get there.

So Pam, you need to sort licences, rental. medicare out b4 you go into the office. Hope this helps.

Pam, not sure where that message went Hun. Talk soon.

x Helen, :hug:

Jeezo lady you are defo up very late, you must be shattered :SLEEP: They don't blidy want much then do they!! AHPRA are a pain in the arse, that helps heaps mrs thank you :hug: Hope you are enjoying your pit, speak to you soon.

Pam x

Guest janiem
Hi Jane,

Are you sure you have to validate registration by 5th August 2011? A lot of the posts I have read say you have a year to validate, which is what I am expecting. I am hoping to send off application about August time, as I don't want to go until Sept 2012, but many employers say they won't look at applications until I have registration and say I need to apply for a job in January time. Now, I don't know what to do, I can't go any sooner as finishing MSc degree first. Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Yea I was a bit shocked when I saw the date on the letter, I had to read at it a couple of times to make sure it was 2011 and it definately says 5th August 2011. A bit of a cheek since it took 6months to get letter! On reading your post I think I will e-mail them to confirm the date thanks!

Jane x

Guest janiem
Hi Jane,

I will be interested to hear their response when you get the email back. Tracey

Hahaha probably another standardised letter which they like to sent us, I hope it is a typing error on their part, I was told that the 47 visa which I am going on takes 3-4 weeks, but still doesn't leave a lot of time to get organised

Jane x

Guest janiem
Aw that's great news, congrats!! I wonder why you only have a few months to present in the AHPRA office!! Do you know what proof of identity docs we have to present in the office with? I'm sure your 457 will be sorted shortly :wink: You will have to keep in touch and let me know how things move along. Thankfully we don't have a house to sell, we have been living with my fiance's parents so we could save cash. We are going to go to Bli Bli first because we are going to live with friends until we find a wee apartment to rent. Really depends where i can find a job where we live. What about yourself? How many of you's are going? Your lucky that you are a theatre nurse, there are loads of jobs for that.

Pam xx

Hi Pam,

How long do you have to present at the office? There are 4 of us going, heading for the Gold Coast. Will keep you updated, keep me posted on how you are getting on too!

Jane xx

Guest janiem

Hiya!

Thankyou! yes I am a bit worried on the time scale they have given me, so much to do! will keep updating on progress.

Jane x

Guest janiem
Hi,

can anyone help ive just received my in-principle approval for registration with AHPRA how long does it take for the final process once i have been to the brisbane office in person with my visa etc to be on the register

Congratulations! I don't know how long they take to put us on the register once we present at the office - hopefully soon as.

Jane x

Congrats to those just received their eligibility confimations:jiggy:Please please let it be me soon.

5 months since receiving my application, they now want another certified copy of my nusing qualification certificate ( who knows where the last one has gone !!) and also now they want a transcript of an ENB course I did in 1996!! aaargghh. College of nursing from then doesn't exist any more and NMC don't have transcripts of anything other than nurse training ones. How much longer can the agony be prolonged:arghh:

Archived