Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Hi,

Has anyone who has managed to get registered actually recieved a letter of registration in the u.k yet? I can see myself on the ahpra online register, but no sign of promised certificate yet? Not really suprised obviously, just wondered if anyone has seen one!

Thanks

Gill

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Magnetic6

Hi Gill

Mine came through the post yesterday, i appeared on the register mid december so received it 3 months later. I'm already in Australia and working, nobody has ever asked to see it and my current employer just checked the register for my details x

Guest orangepeelskin

i got in within 3 days? I just said i am a witch doctor, and they said oh ok we are short of them when can you come over? Got a practice in sydney and 300 patients

Guest hannahelizabeth

Its amazing how much stress AHPRA has caused UK nurses, just reading this made me realise im not the only one!! I applied for my registration in 3rd october 2010 to the melbourne office. 3 months later and they had still not done anything with it and completely ignored every email/ and rude on every phone call to them! so when i arrived in sydney went to their office, they couldnt help me but advised that melbourne had a huge backlog and i could get my application transfered to another office and it might get processed quicker. So end of jan i got it transfered to Perth office and they have been much more efficient. Due to length of wait in melbourne my NMC certificate of good standing had run out and they lost my IELTS test certificate!! (ridiculous we have to do that anyway!!)So i got them sent AGAIN and I have just been in to show ID yesterday and should fingers crossed be processed by end of next week i have been told!! Anyway sending in application I would recommend definately not to send it to melbourne office, and send it to Perth! My case officer is really helpful in perth and sends an email back within 2 hours when i keep asking her questions. Also if anyone is getting frustrated with their application not being looked at ask to get it to transfered to perth!! Hope this helps anyone and hope to god i get my registration next week!!

Guest s4mmy
You see Sam, I told you there would be nothing to worry about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats, the OH is still waiting for hers but has been told that she is in the final stage and all documents are met...............lets wait and see.....

Oh thanks, can't believe it! HA

I am applying for loads of jobs in Brisbane and sorting out the house for renting.

Thanks for your support over the months. Hope you OH hears very soon, tell her there is hope for us yet! Ha

:jiggy:

Woohoo :arghh::arghh::arghh: I've got my registration!

Applied to AHPRA - WA on 17 Dec. Got an email today advising me of my AHPRA web account details. Once I logged in I realised I was on the register :biggrin:

It has taken around 3 months (which is pretty good for AHPRA!)

I have a diploma in nursing, didnt pass the IELTS (failed twice) neither of these has been questioned by AHPRA -

We have been in Perth now just over two weeks, I have had two interviews and got both jobs :jiggy:so anything is possible and good luck to everyone who is going through this minefield!

Sharon x

Everything is really falling into place now, got CO requesting police checks and meds on Wednesday and in the post today was Eligible for registration letter from WA AHPRA. The IELTS was a big sticking point for my wife, just couldn't get the required 7 on the reading part, after 5 tests she said thats it not doing any more !!! Good to see that Australia are seeing sense now and not missing out on excellent trained nurses from the UK. The letter says that we have until the 15th March 2012 to go into an office and complete registration, Happy days :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: p.s Looks like the WA branch of AHPRA are getting things right so hats of to them :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: they received application on 7.12.10, asked for full transcript from uni on 23.12.10, AHPRA received transcript on 8.2.11, received 'eligible for registration' letter 18.3.11.................

Guest tandcmum

wow congrats to both of you on getting your registrations, 3 months is pretty good going, looks like they may be getting their act together.

AsI am also hoping to move to Perth can I ask did you send your applications to the WA office or the main one in Melbourne like I have heard some people say you have to

wow congrats to both of you on getting your registrations, 3 months is pretty good going, looks like they may be getting their act together.

AsI am also hoping to move to Perth can I ask did you send your applications to the WA office or the main one in Melbourne like I have heard some people say you have to

Send it to Perth if thats were you are heading, and I suggest that you send it by a way that it can be tracked, at least you know then that they have received it !! Must admit apart from all the faffing about with regards the IELTS the WA branch of AHPRA have been excellent, spoke on the phone with one of the registration officers in December and she was very helpful and knew what she was talking about !!!

Fantastic news and congrats to SharonandMark and WoodyMCFC for your APHRA reg.

They confirmed they had received my application in January but they still haven't taken any money which I believe means they haven't even looked at it yet, let alone started processing it :arghh:

My app has gone to Melbourne, as Perth are on a roll at the moment do you think its possible to email AHRA and ask to transfer to the Perth office ????

THanks and once again FAB news for the others

Rachel

They confirmed they had received my application in January but they still haven't taken any money which I believe means they haven't even looked at it yet, let alone started processing it :arghh:

My app has gone to Melbourne, as Perth are on a roll at the moment do you think its possible to email AHRA and ask to transfer to the Perth office ????

Rachel

Rachel,

I think you have to send it to the office where you are migrating to. Once you arrive in the state you have to present yourself to AHPRA with 'proof of identity" documents. I gave this to my case officer on arrival.

Good luck

Sharon x

Guest s4mmy
Everything is really falling into place now, got CO requesting police checks and meds on Wednesday and in the post today was Eligible for registration letter from WA AHPRA. The IELTS was a big sticking point for my wife, just couldn't get the required 7 on the reading part, after 5 tests she said thats it not doing any more !!! Good to see that Australia are seeing sense now and not missing out on excellent trained nurses from the UK. The letter says that we have until the 15th March 2012 to go into an office and complete registration, Happy days :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: p.s Looks like the WA branch of AHPRA are getting things right so hats of to them :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: they received application on 7.12.10, asked for full transcript from uni on 23.12.10, AHPRA received transcript on 8.2.11, received 'eligible for registration' letter 18.3.11.................

Well done that's fantastic news.

Great feeling isn't it after that IELTS stress.

What is eligible for registration letter?

I have received a letter saying I am registered, but not requesting to go to office to complete registration?

Where are you planning on going is it Melbourne?

I'm applying for jobs in Brisbane, not that many to choose from fingers crossed see what happens.

:biggrin:

Guest Coxy04

I qualified at Southampton Uni, i was told that each person is entitled to one free copy of transcript, after that there would be charge for further copies. Mine included all modules, hours in clinical practice, etc for each year of training. And was accepted by AHPRA.

Well done that's fantastic news.

Great feeling isn't it after that IELTS stress.

What is eligible for registration letter?

I have received a letter saying I am registered, but not requesting to go to office to complete registration?

Where are you planning on going is it Melbourne?

I'm applying for jobs in Brisbane, not that many to choose from fingers crossed see what happens.

:biggrin:

Hi Sam, I dont think that the OH is on the register until we get to Oz and go to the office with proof of identity docs and criminal checks, that is for our case who are still in the UK, after all there doesn't seem any point in paying the reg fee if your not in the country yet ! Its Perth where we have decided to settle.................hopefully by the end of this year.............

Woohoo :arghh::arghh::arghh: I've got my registration!

Applied to AHPRA - WA on 17 Dec. Got an email today advising me of my AHPRA web account details. Once I logged in I realised I was on the register :biggrin:

It has taken around 3 months (which is pretty good for AHPRA!)

I have a diploma in nursing, didnt pass the IELTS (failed twice) neither of these has been questioned by AHPRA -

We have been in Perth now just over two weeks, I have had two interviews and got both jobs :jiggy:so anything is possible and good luck to everyone who is going through this minefield!

Sharon x

Wow Sharon, That's fantastic about your registration. Didn't realise you had already gone to Oz. Hope you are settling in well. Excellent about getting both job offers. WOW !!!!

We are heading off now on 3rd April to Brisbane. We got our permanent visa on Tuesday.

So all looking good.. How exciting.

So well done and all the best for your new life in Oz. Keep in touch.

:hug: Helen :hug:

xxxx

Fantastic news. Won't be long 'til you are on that plane. It's all happening for us all now. To think this time last year it was IELTS time. Great your good lady doesn't have to resit it.

So I will look forward to hearing some good news from ya soon.

We are heading off on 3rd April. Exciting times ahead.

:hug: x Helen

Fantastic news. Won't be long 'til you are on that plane. It's all happening for us all now. To think this time last year it was IELTS time. Great your good lady doesn't have to resit it.

So I will look forward to hearing some good news from ya soon.

We are heading off on 3rd April. Exciting times ahead.

:hug: x Helen

All the best Hellsbells, its been a long and tedious IELTS road but its getting nearer to the end of our visa journey and hopefully to begin our next adventure soon. Lets just hope that everything else falls into place like it has for us over the last few weeks and the ride might not be as bumpy !!!!! Looking forward to the update once you touch down and settle in......

Hi

I am sorry if these questions have been asked before. I have searched through this thread but have so far not found an answer.

If you qualified with a diploma in nursing does APHRA register you as a Registered Nurse or as an Enrolled Nurse? And

Do you have a certain amount of time from registering with APHRA to practising in Australia?

I am thinking of applying at the same time I lodge my PR visa application but I know it can take a few years for the visa to be granted.

Kind regards

Coral

Guest s4mmy
Hi Sam, I dont think that the OH is on the register until we get to Oz and go to the office with proof of identity docs and criminal checks, that is for our case who are still in the UK, after all there doesn't seem any point in paying the reg fee if your not in the country yet ! Its Perth where we have decided to settle.................hopefully by the end of this year.............

That's interesting I am on the AHPRA register on line?

That is how I found out I was registered AHPRA sent an email saying to look on their website and log in.

Went to an expo today waste of time!

They had a queue going all the way through the expo for Western OZ. Something there that I don't know about ? Ha

:jiggy:

Guest hannahelizabeth

Rachel

Definately send it to perth!!! Mine was at melbourne for 3 months and they did not touch it or take payment! i got it transfered to perth and today i got my registration, 8 weeks since they recieved my application!! i had to go in to show my ID etc but was told can do that in any office as long as you get them to inform perth. hope this helps

Guest rosaleen01

Does anyone know if AHPRA will register a nurse from Ireland with a 3 year Certifcate in General Nursing (qualified in 1987 under the old nursing training system)... I have 25 years nursing experience and am currently working as a Director of Nursing in Ireland. I've heard that I will only be registered as an Enrolled Nurse !! Surely 25 years nursing experience must also be counted ....

Archived