Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

Congratulations! I don't know how long they take to put us on the register once we present at the office - hopefully soon as.

Jane x

Well, AHPRA !!! When I went in with all my docs it took 2 weeks for them to get me on the register and that was perseverance on my part...Obviously. They got me on the register the Friday before I started work on Monday

Basically they need ID and police check from

I gave them :

Passport / visa label,

Filled a new contact info sheet - with my new address and telephone number on. (QLD address)

UK Polive check confirmation

Tenancy agreement,

Driving licence (QLD)

Letter of Eligibility

Work details if any ..... What else??????/ Trying to think what else. Its late and I am very tired so bear with me. Sorry !!!!!!

Oh and my medicare card. They will certify all these themselves when you get there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela and Brian
Hi Pam,

How long do you have to present at the office? There are 4 of us going, heading for the Gold Coast. Will keep you updated, keep me posted on how you are getting on too!

Jane xx

Hi Jane,

They have given me 12 months to present at the office with my docs. I am wondering if it depends what kind of visa you are going on as to how long you have to present at the office. Normally the 457 is very quick so they probably think you will be there very shortly. I would defo confirm the time scale tho because even at that it's quite short :skeptical:

Frm reading Helens experience when she got there the AHPRA saga continues!! Take a wee note of the stuff you will need when you go into the office.

I sure will keep you posted :biggrin:

Pam xx

Hi everybody, this is my first post but have been reading this forum over the past week as I am in a position where I need to take steps to register with AHPRA. I have to say I feel pretty disappointed in their processes, or lack of, from reading everyones experience. My partner has been state sponsored by the government of Victoria as an Urban Planner, and I have been giving spousal visa so we will be emigrating there about spring next year on a permanent 176 visa.

I have found AHPRA's website a nightmare to make sense of. Can someone please clarify, as a UK passport holder, do I still need to sit the IELTS? On the reg documents for international nurses it says that if you have a passport from an english speaking country and can show evidence of an english secondary and university education then you meet the english requirement??

I'm in a fortunate position that I already have a permanent visa to emigrate and so do not need to apply for sponsorship, skills assess,etc. but would like to have my registration in place before I arrive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am dreading the whole process.....

Do I need to apply through Melbourne office? or can I use any office, as I have been reading that Perth office seem to have their act together!!

Thanks for any help!

Guest bethnee
Hi everybody, this is my first post but have been reading this forum over the past week as I am in a position where I need to take steps to register with AHPRA. I have to say I feel pretty disappointed in their processes, or lack of, from reading everyones experience. My partner has been state sponsored by the government of Victoria as an Urban Planner, and I have been giving spousal visa so we will be emigrating there about spring next year on a permanent 176 visa.

I have found AHPRA's website a nightmare to make sense of. Can someone please clarify, as a UK passport holder, do I still need to sit the IELTS? On the reg documents for international nurses it says that if you have a passport from an english speaking country and can show evidence of an english secondary and university education then you meet the english requirement??

I'm in a fortunate position that I already have a permanent visa to emigrate and so do not need to apply for sponsorship, skills assess,etc. but would like to have my registration in place before I arrive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am dreading the whole process.....

Do I need to apply through Melbourne office? or can I use any office, as I have been reading that Perth office seem to have their act together!!

Thanks for any help!

I got my nurse registration without IELTS, I needed to provide proof I was taught and assessed in English. my school certificates were not enough as they did not state taught and assessed in English. I was allowed to either get the school to provide a letter stating this, do a statement of declaration or do the IELTS.

I did the statement as my school wouldn't do it as they had not kept records from 1989, i also tried the education dept at the council and the examining boards with no luck.

i sent my documents to Brisbane office as that's where i will be arriving in July, they haven't been that bad with me they have answered all my emails within a couple of days, I sent my application in the middle of November, received email about my school certificates not being enough in the February they gave me 30 days to get the required information or an extension (I got ten weeks extension). once they had received my final information it took 2 weeks for them to approve my application.

hope this helps

Guest tandcmum

Thanks for the info Bethnee, I have decided to do a statutory declaration too as my school also no longer has records as far back as my schooling. I'm hoping that they will accept this from me also. Is it possible to share how you worded your statutory declaration at all?

Guest bethnee
Thanks for the info Bethnee, I have decided to do a statutory declaration too as my school also no longer has records as far back as my schooling. I'm hoping that they will accept this from me also. Is it possible to share how you worded your statutory declaration at all?

I went to the notary of public that did my initial application of certifying my documents for AHPRA. it took him ten mins to do, he used my school and university certificates and i gave him the dates and address of the school i went to, i signed it then he witnessed it.

it cost me £50 but it might have been cheaper if i had done it all at the same time as the certifying documents which cost £85

Guest colsha7

Hi all,

We have just got all our documents signed by a JP with NO CHARGE !!!!!!!!! At last something that doesn't cost a fortune. Will be sending all to AHPRA Pert office, any idea what the turn around with the Perth office is????? Still waiting on 1 document from Germany, a country worse that Australia and UK for red tape, then I can get that translated....Will it be a problem to send this later???It will be just a couple of weeks later.....just thinking at least they can start to look at the application and when the German stuff gets there it should be just tick the box......I HOPE;))))

Thanks.

Sharon.xxx

I got my email this morning!! I am eligible for registration!! Took 3 months in total - Adelaide office :)

WOW, You've had a busy month. Visa and now registration. Congratulations. Fantastic turn round from AHPRA. Wish you all the best in your new adventure down under.

x Helen

Hi Sharon, I sent my form to Perth about 4 weeks ago. They room payment about a week or so after that, and then e.mailed yesterday for more info. Hope this helps, Donna

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Guest Pamela and Brian

Yipee visa granted as of Thursday last week :biggrin: would have had it sooner if AHPRA were quicker but hey ho we have it now. Just got to stress now about moving stuff and booking flights etc.

Guest janiem
Yipee visa granted as of Thursday last week :biggrin: would have had it sooner if AHPRA were quicker but hey ho we have it now. Just got to stress now about moving stuff and booking flights etc.

Hi Pam, woohooooo! congratulations!!!! :jiggy: thats brilliant news, did they notify you by post or email and do you have a time limit to get there by? I'm really happy for you! Ooooh it's all go now, Let us know when your flights are.

Jane xxx

Guest Pamela and Brian
Hi Pam, woohooooo! congratulations!!!! :jiggy: thats brilliant news, did they notify you by post or email and do you have a time limit to get there by? I'm really happy for you! Ooooh it's all go now, Let us know when your flights are.

Jane xxx

Hey Jane,

I know, i can't believe how quick they made the decision, it must have been less than 2 weeks!! Crazy eh!! :shocked: I think you will be away before we are because we aren't going until the end of September. Gives us a couple of months to get things sorted and have a huge party. They notified me by e-mail and i have until May 2012 to activate the visa. i was working that day as well and had to keep it to myself until i got a hold of Brian and my family. God my best friends don't even know yet cos they are on holiday. ooohhh so exciting.

I am sure you will hear something soon, keep in touch :hug:

Pam xx

Guest deepend

Hi all,

Could any one pls tell me what are the proceedings to transfer AHPRA reg papers from one offfice to another...ie from brisbane to Darwin...? How long it takes..?

Thanks..

Guest jacqui70

Hi all

I lodged my papers with melbourne office in April. I have just received an email today saying they have received my application and they will be in touch if they need further info....Is this the norm with everyone and if so how long before I get my registration???

Any info is appreciatedxx

Guest Chr1s07

Hi,

Urgently need some advice.

I received some very worrying news today.

I sent my application to AHPRA on 7th May via recorded delivery. I phoned Royal Mail to check everything was OK and they advised me that the mail had never been scanned out of Heathrow. When i asked where the application was they didnt know.

Im hoping that the mail was sent and simply not scanned out, but I cant plan the next few months of my life on some hope that it was in fact scanned out.

I asked Royal Mail to find out where my mail is and they have told me that i must wait another week before I can raise an investigation. The investigation can then take 3 months. :mad:

My plan is to phone AHPRA tonight and ask someone if they can confirm my application has been received or not. I dont want them to hurry the processing up or anything. Simply just to confirm my applicaiton has been received. Has anyone managed to do this before? Are they likely to know if they have the application? Also how do you contact the office for New South Wales? There doesnt seem to be a tel number we can call?

Any advice would be a great help.

Guest Becca

Hi Chris

I wouldn't worry too much as the delivery to Aus is normally around 7-10 working days, :biggrin:. I would contact AHPRA via email though to find out whether they have received it, that reply will probably take around 3-4 days for a reply, I would explain your concern and they should get back to you fairly quickly, well i have have the VIC office to be fairly good. Any way good luck with your application.

Guest bethnee

I sent mine by regular post, i got concerned when i found most people had sent it recorded. i emailed AHPRA and they confirmed mine had arrived. it took about 3 weeks from posting to finding out they had received it. i would email them they are good at replying i sent mine to the Brisbane office

If you ring AHPRA just ask to speak to New South Wales office they should put you through, mine took about 3 weeks so try not to worry. I was getting anxious and e-mailed and they said that they hadn't received it, so my mum went into Brisbane office and was told direct that it was there? Confusing!

My wife applied 1st march for registration. They told us that we had to resend transcripts from NMC register.

We arranged for that to be done straight away and the 10 days we were advised it would take will be up on Friday 10th June.

We got an email with the confirmation that my wife is eligible to register with AHPRA today.....buzzing is not clear enough.

I dropped my wife off at the bloody NHS at 7:25am and got the Email at 7:29am so I have sent her a text to help her get through her 12 3/4 hr shift. (she needs it as they have just been told that they are no longer band 6 and are being reduced to band 5's with some losing 6 grand a year in wages when they reduce their wages in 2years but all overtime will be at band 5 from 1st July....that's the Cameron, don't let it affect frontline staff....you lying conservative B******.)

So hopefully all you other NHS angels are not far behind us.....we did receive help from Geneva health....very helpful with AHPRA but sodding useless as far as jobs are concerned...

There is some confusion about how long you get to show your docs...we have 12 months from date on letter to show criminal proofs and identity (ie. She is not a criminal I mean...)

So fingers crossed the little red slippers will be bringing us to Oz in September 2011....

Guest tandcmum
My wife applied 1st march for registration. They told us that we had to resend transcripts from NMC register.

We arranged for that to be done straight away and the 10 days we were advised it would take will be up on Friday 10th June.

We got an email with the confirmation that my wife is eligible to register with AHPRA today.....buzzing is not clear enough.

I dropped my wife off at the bloody NHS at 7:25am and got the Email at 7:29am so I have sent her a text to help her get through her 12 3/4 hr shift. (she needs it as they have just been told that they are no longer band 6 and are being reduced to band 5's with some losing 6 grand a year in wages when they reduce their wages in 2years but all overtime will be at band 5 from 1st July....that's the Cameron, don't let it affect frontline staff....you lying conservative B******.)

So hopefully all you other NHS angels are not far behind us.....we did receive help from Geneva health....very helpful with AHPRA but sodding useless as far as jobs are concerned...

There is some confusion about how long you get to show your docs...we have 12 months from date on letter to show criminal proofs and identity (ie. She is not a criminal I mean...)

So fingers crossed the little red slippers will be bringing us to Oz in September 2011....

Great news about AHPRA coming through, which office did you apply to?

Sorry to hear about your wifes loss of banding. I'm also a band 6 and whilst it seems fairly secure at the moment i know there are lots of changes on the horizons and i have a feeling the job and ward and team i love at the moment will not be the same in a years time, so may aswell give Oz a go.

I'm a bit worried about this eligibity letter and having to present at an AHPRA office with documents. I have decided to go to Townsville which I'm pretty sure doesn't have an AHPRA office, so does that mean i need to have a stopover in a major city before heading to Townsville in order to go into a AHPRA office?

Hi hin. (tandcmum)

We applied to Adelaidevoffice and they were fantastic all the way through.

If you need help or advice what we did was went through an agency called "Geneva Health" that way they looked at all our docs before sending them into AHPRA.

Don't worry they don't charge, if they did I would of said sod off....lol

As for a AHPRA office I am really not sure hin BUT the good thins about this forum is they will tell you.

Forgot to say thanks about wife...

She is Oncology and is chemotherapy responsible apparently they are going through all the NHS and doing it everywhere.....the best of it is the Union are being shot down by managers and the RCN are backing the hospitals to the hilt

I am Geordie and proud to be me, and proud to be from UK with our NHS and the Angels who work there

BUT days like these you think why.....????

I hope that helps and if there is anything else give me a line and I will try and help

Ridz

Guest Chr1s07

UPDATE!

Panic over, they have the application and will be processing it soon.

Royal mail just never bothered scanning the mail and updating it as leaving the country. Whats the point in paying to track it. :rolleyes:

Guest tandcmum

can i just ask how much ti was to send it international signed for with Royal mail, im just wondering if it's worth paying a bit extra for a courier service

Guest Chr1s07

It was my g/f who sent it.

We paid £8 for the tracking service, but as you can see from my post there is little point as its not really tracked.

There was another option of paying £50 for another service. Not too sure about what that involved.

From what I gather as soon as it enters Aus, Royal mail dont have a clue about the package.

Archived