Any nurse here or in uk awaiting AHPRA registration? I applied with QNC...

Guest annieross

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone had problems with AHPRA not accepting the transcript? :arghh:

ANMC sent my transcript to AHPRA, they are now saying that I need to contact Uni to get the invididual theoretical hours for each module. Spoke to Manchester Uni who advised me they do not include this on the full transcript and I need to contact my personal tutor??

I have emailed my tutor and now awaiting a response, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how did it get sorted?

Thanks

Sharon

Hi Sharon. I did my degree at Manchester Uni. I emailed them and asked them to send it to me. They wanted a cheque for £20 and I told them I was already in Oz and that I needed it asap. The guy did it free.... Otherwise it can take weeks. The best thing is calling the nursing dept in manchester Uni and request the transcript. Don't do it online as nursing is a different dept to the other ones. They accepted mine with no problem in AHPRA. Good luck!!!!!

Has anyone had problems with AHPRA not accepting the transcript? :arghh:

ANMC sent my transcript to AHPRA, they are now saying that I need to contact Uni to get the invididual theoretical hours for each module. Spoke to Manchester Uni who advised me they do not include this on the full transcript and I need to contact my personal tutor??

I have emailed my tutor and now awaiting a response, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how did it get sorted?

Thanks

Sharon

My oh also sent the transcript she received with her certificate, wasn't suitable! Ahpra wanted the full transcript which we got from uni at a cost of £60 !!!

Guest Pamela and Brian

Hiya,

Can anyone help? I received an e-mail from AHPRA on Friday saying that a couple of documents were missing. Question 17> do i commit to practice under indemnity insurance, well i answered this no as advised by my case worker :arghh: anyway that part is straight forward because i just have to write a letter confirming that i will.

The part that i am stuck with is they said i have only provided my passport as proof of identity and this is only suitable if i have an Australian visa (well that is what i am trying to get doughballs) anyway, has anyone else been asked to provide this? and if they have what else have they given as proof of identity?

AHPRA have been the worst experience of my life, makes the IELTS seem so easy compared to this rubbish!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Pamela :biggrin:

Guest scottish shell
Hiya,

Can anyone help? I received an e-mail from AHPRA on Friday saying that a couple of documents were missing. Question 17> do i commit to practice under indemnity insurance, well i answered this no as advised by my case worker :arghh: anyway that part is straight forward because i just have to write a letter confirming that i will.

The part that i am stuck with is they said i have only provided my passport as proof of identity and this is only suitable if i have an Australian visa (well that is what i am trying to get doughballs) anyway, has anyone else been asked to provide this? and if they have what else have they given as proof of identity?

AHPRA have been the worst experience of my life, makes the IELTS seem so easy compared to this rubbish!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Pamela :biggrin:

Hello pamela, AHPRA do like to confuse things dont they?

In my original ap, I had to send a certified copy of my birth certificate ? Have you sent that already?

:jiggy:

Hope this helps x

Guest Pamela and Brian
Hello pamela, AHPRA do like to confuse things dont they?

In my original ap, I had to send a certified copy of my birth certificate ? Have you sent that already?

:jiggy:

Hope this helps x

Hiya,

They are really starting to piss me off, but i know everyone feels this way. I know my case worker asked the ANMC to forward all the documents on from there but i can't remember if my birth certificate was included. Can you remember? So you havn't had to send proof from categories A B C and D?? i.e bills etc

Thanks, Pam x

Guest scottish shell
Hiya,

They are really starting to piss me off, but i know everyone feels this way. I know my case worker asked the ANMC to forward all the documents on from there but i can't remember if my birth certificate was included. Can you remember? So you havn't had to send proof from categories A B C and D?? i.e bills etc

Thanks, Pam x

Im going on a 457, and applying in six months for ANMC, AHPRA time scales were too scary for me to wait.Im not sure about your birth cert for ANMC.

Have you had your letter of eligibility, is that what your refering too? If so ,I spoke with them regarding this,you presnet your stamped visa and passport to them on presentation to AHPRA office , thats it,:twitcy:

Guest scottish shell
Im going on a 457, and applying in six months for ANMC, AHPRA time scales were too scary for me to wait.Im not sure about your birth cert for ANMC.

Have you had your letter of eligibility, is that what your refering too? If so ,I spoke with them regarding this,you presnet your stamped visa and passport to them on presentation to AHPRA office , thats it,:twitcy:

And no, no bills or anything, just passport/birth cert and as I said your visa on presnetation to AHPRA office. Hope This helps xxx

Guest Pamela and Brian

Cool, i have spoke to my case worker and the ANMC has forwarded all our stuff on to AHPRA so i have e-mailed AHPRA asking exactly what they are looking for. To be honest i don't think they have a clue what they are looking for :rolleyes: I am waiting for my letter of eligibility, have been waiting for 3 months now :SLEEP: Thanks for the info :wink: When are you hoping to be over then? Where you heading to?

Pam.

Guest scottish shell
Cool, i have spoke to my case worker and the ANMC has forwarded all our stuff on to AHPRA so i have e-mailed AHPRA asking exactly what they are looking for. To be honest i don't think they have a clue what they are looking for :rolleyes: I am waiting for my letter of eligibility, have been waiting for 3 months now :SLEEP: Thanks for the info :wink: When are you hoping to be over then? Where you heading to?

Pam.

I have had similar experienes with AHPRA, sounds like you will find out soon enough. We are awaiting my visa, the medicals were the final part and they were done two weeks ago so anytime now the visa should be through.We plan to be there before 15th March or sooner We have no home or car now, relying on the good will of family...joy x:biggrin:ps where are you in Scotland?

Can anyone tell me; AHPRA received my application 6th Oct 2010 and they sent me an email (after my request for info) to say that my application was being assessed. I 'phoned 3 weeks later to be told I'm still in a queue - I'm assuming that means it's in a pile. They were unable to tell me any time frame whatsoever and it's messed up my sabbaitical plans cos I have to start it in 6 weeks time. My question is- they've received my NMC verification which expires at the end of March. Will I have to organise another copy of my new licence if the assessment doesn't take place til after then, hence another £34 to NMC?

Guest scottish shell
Can anyone tell me; AHPRA received my application 6th Oct 2010 and they sent me an email (after my request for info) to say that my application was being assessed. I 'phoned 3 weeks later to be told I'm still in a queue - I'm assuming that means it's in a pile. They were unable to tell me any time frame whatsoever and it's messed up my sabbaitical plans cos I have to start it in 6 weeks time. My question is- they've received my NMC verification which expires at the end of March. Will I have to organise another copy of my new licence if the assessment doesn't take place til after then, hence another £34 to NMC?

Hey Cath, you will have to re register . Part of AHPRA conditions is to have active registarion on entering Australia (buggar I know , mines lapsed this month and iM LEAVING IN TWO WEEKS), however you will not need to resend this, I didnt , there may be a possibility you may have to send it for Visa support but not AHPRA xx

:err:

Hi Yorkcath. It is strange... I sent mine in September and they received it on the 26th September. I was registered by the first week of January. Where did you send it to? It does take ages, and they have actually had all the new graduates applications too. I don't think anybody has had luck with them! Try making a complaint with AHPRA or the ombudsman, that's how you can get their attention quicker! Good luck

Rafa

Hie guys!

I would like to know if there is anyone out there who had their application received by AHPRA Brisbane on the 9th of Nov 2010? Any update? Do you have a case manager?

I'm that boat too. Just got a vague update from AHPRA QLD saying they assess in date order and cannot give time frame on applications which they have not looked ar as yet........ Anyone with a better update? I'm just tired of the one l got!!

Guest Indented Head

Hi

Finally after 5 months I am now registered with AHPRA , I did IELTS but missed the grade by 0.5.

AHPRA have said I will have conditions on my registration , my manager will send a report to them after 6 months , if thats ok the condition will be removed. The condition been my english abillity.

I am UK born and educated , if any of you have emails saying you dont need IELTS as a UK educated person hang on with hope.

Good Luck to one and all.

IH :biggrin:

Hi

Finally after 5 months I am now registered with AHPRA , I did IELTS but missed the grade by 0.5.

AHPRA have said I will have conditions on my registration , my manager will send a report to them after 6 months , if thats ok the condition will be removed. The condition been my english abillity.

I am UK born and educated , if any of you have emails saying you dont need IELTS as a UK educated person hang on with hope.

Good Luck to one and all.

IH :biggrin:

Congratulations to you. your long wait is over!!!!! Which office did you send your application? When exactly did they receive you application- date?

Well done, l am happy for you.:biggrin:

Nabahle.

Guest Indented Head
Congratulations to you. your long wait is over!!!!! Which office did you send your application? When exactly did they receive you application- date?

Well done, l am happy for you.:biggrin:

Nabahle.

Hi I sent it to Melbourne , my application was received in August 2010. Hang on it will happen.

Guest Pamela and Brian
I have had similar experienes with AHPRA, sounds like you will find out soon enough. We are awaiting my visa, the medicals were the final part and they were done two weeks ago so anytime now the visa should be through.We plan to be there before 15th March or sooner We have no home or car now, relying on the good will of family...joy x:biggrin:ps where are you in Scotland?

Aw good for you, we were really hoping to be over there by this time when we first started the whole thing but here we are over a year later and still plodding on. I really hope we are over the start of next year. We are going to live with friends in Bli Bli until we get ourselves sorted so that's a bit of stress taken off, they are getting married in Dec and it would be nice to be over for that but i doubt it. Where are you going in oz? I live in Irvine, Ayrshire. What about you?

Pam x

Received this email from AHPRA earlier, Hopefully they now have everything in place to Register my OH.

We are in receipt of all the documentary requirements to complete an assessment of your application form.

We recommend for you to refer to our web site in relation to ‘Proof of Identity’ requirements under the heading ‘When special circumstances apply to overseas applicants or applicants who have recently arrived in Australia’ (Please see attached)

Must admit WA AHPRA have been very good, I have spoken with a registration officer in the past who was helpful and they have replied to all our emails, my OH also missed out on the IELTS by 0.5 in the reading on several occasions so it looks like all our worries over whether the IELTS is needed or not have now been confirmed........or have they ????......I shall post when/if she gets the final registration email !!!!

Thanks Rafa

I applied to Melbourne because I thought that's where all applications had to go. I can't be bothered with complaining as there's no way I'm going to be ready to go for 10th April when I have to take my sabbatical. So I'm going to go there on holiday and see if I like it then make a permanent move. Where did you apply to? Yours came through really quickly!

Cath

Guest Indented Head
Aw good for you, we were really hoping to be over there by this time when we first started the whole thing but here we are over a year later and still plodding on. I really hope we are over the start of next year. We are going to live with friends in Bli Bli until we get ourselves sorted so that's a bit of stress taken off, they are getting married in Dec and it would be nice to be over for that but i doubt it. Where are you going in oz? I live in Irvine, Ayrshire. What about you?

Pam x

Hi I am in Melbourne (Geelong) and have been since October 2010. Good luck with the move.

Hi

Also finding IELTS a bit of a sticking point. Missed the listening by 0.5. Re-taken the whole test again should get results this Saturday. This time I found the reading a little more tricky than the last time! Fingures crossed.

Looking to move the family to Perth (WA)

Not sure why UK citizens who have completed a 3 year nursing degree or diploma need to take this test. (Money spinning comes to mind)

Archived