ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Update:

CO advised us to withdraw application so isnt doesnt go on our record. So we will have to re apply again.

So close & now sooooooooooo far :(:(

Sorry to hear that man..............but that is still positive, you have worked full 2 years for your employer, so another visa application DRC and bam...........! You will join the club very soon............Good luck man

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update:

CO advised us to withdraw application so isnt doesnt go on our record. So we will have to re apply again.

So sorry to hear about it Mojacar. I hope the new application reaches the decision real quick. In the long run it will all be worth it. Good luck.

Hi, I've an 856 (DRC) lodged in late June. I've been waiting 11 weeks so far and I'm going nuts, there are redundacies happening at my workplace.

I can't get the update email from Parramatta, I think it isn't responding to my gmail account.

Can someone here post the lastest email update?

Lodged 29th June

Ack letter a month later

Not a peep since

Structural Engineer

British

4 years working in Oz

I completely understand! I lodged mine 29 June, non DRC, at Paramatta as well and I just got a CO on Friday, requested further paperwork today and now waiting. They ARE going pretty quick at Paramatta so sit tight. My office has had redundancies and the remaining staff are very unhappy, it's such a toxic work environment that the waiting for my PR was pretty horrible, and although it's not approved I see a light at the end of the tunnel now that I have a case officer. You'll be soon, i'm sure.

Update:

I'm sorry to hear that :( I would say withdraw and re-apply immediately so you can just keep the process moving. Try not to dwell, I know it's hard...

I completely understand! I lodged mine 29 June, non DRC, at Paramatta as well and I just got a CO on Friday, requested further paperwork today and now waiting. They ARE going pretty quick at Paramatta so sit tight. My office has had redundancies and the remaining staff are very unhappy, it's such a toxic work environment that the waiting for my PR was pretty horrible, and although it's not approved I see a light at the end of the tunnel now that I have a case officer. You'll be soon, i'm sure.

Hi Misdirection, Congrats for getting CO. I applied 856 on 29th June, Non DRC (Submitted all documents except police clearance) at Paramatta through my MA. So far my MA has asked me to keep waiting till I get a CO. Do you think its a good idea to call immi to check for the status?

Dear Friends, any news from anyone? Another week gone by without luck.

A colleague of mine got approval - 856(non drc) applied just 3 days prior to July cut off.

Mine was lodged early June 856 DRC at parramatta and I don't even seem to have a CO yet.

It just feels so frustrating when immi is being so unfair in their processing.

I dont have any means to know whats happening with my application. Did anyone try calling their general enquiry phone line to know the status? Is this normally entertained? Please advise.

I'm desperate to know!!

I had called several times before I got a CO, mostly they weren't helpful but one time I called and they said "case officers have started looking at your case but it hasn't officially been picked up by one yet" and only about a week and a half later it was picked up by a CO so that call had definitely lifted my spirits...but ultimately, they can't tell you when it will be assessed for sure...

Hi Misdirection, Congrats for getting CO. I applied 856 on 29th June, Non DRC (Submitted all documents except police clearance) at Paramatta through my MA. So far my MA has asked me to keep waiting till I get a CO. Do you think its a good idea to call immi to check for the status?

It certainly doesn't seem to hurt - I don't think they'll put a black mark on your case saying "calls too much" haha...they just can't usually give you any definitive answers. but for me, it was all part of the waiting, i just needed to call to feel like i was doing something, and as I said one time they DID tell me "people had started looking at my case"...and i got a CO only a week and a bit later, so if you push them for info sometimes they can give you something!

It certainly doesn't seem to hurt - I don't think they'll put a black mark on your case saying "calls too much" haha...they just can't usually give you any definitive answers. but for me, it was all part of the waiting, i just needed to call to feel like i was doing something, and as I said one time they DID tell me "people had started looking at my case"...and i got a CO only a week and a bit later, so if you push them for info sometimes they can give you something!

Great. Thanks for the advice. I was of the opinion, the immigration doesn't answer us if the application was lodged by a MA.

Student visa might not be as much of an option....from what i saw in some forums is, once you have applied for a long term working visa (either a TR or PR), DIAC has a clear cut comprehension of your intentions to stay in this country permanently. Your ultimate goal to come in was not to study but to work and live here, so on that ground it might be hard for you to convince them, that your sole intentions are only to study and that's it.......after all, student visas are granted on the basis of an outsiders' desire to simply come and finish the degree in Australia and get out .............! It would be hard for you to convince them that you won't exploit the visa conditions and your intentions are only being that of study........................Having said that, i think 457 is the ultimate route for you to be where you are and move on..................! Just my thoughts, i may be wrong............guys please correct me....!

I agree, apply for the 457 visa - it's the easiest option for you. I really don't think that enrolling in university or any other study just to get a student visa is a good solution as you'd then only be able to work up to 20 hours/week and you'd have to spend more money on enrolling as an overseas student (even though you live in Australia, you'd be classed as an overseas student which = big fees). It doesn't seem like a workable solution, so go with the 457.

Great. Thanks for the advice. I was of the opinion, the immigration doesn't answer us if the application was lodged by a MA.

Oh sorry I didn't get that part haha, well I didn't apply this time through an MA but I have in the past and called DIAC for updates, I think as long as you have your Transaction ID you'll be ok. I hope you get a good person on the phone, some of them were quite rude to me but mostly they were just vague...

If you sent plenty blank emails to nsw.pese i bet you will get a reply from one of the officers. I got a reply and I asked whethery they could waived my wife chest xray requirement..coincidentaly the next working day my nomination was approved......and after some pestering email to nsw.pese....my CO replied me that my case will not be processed untill my baby born (28/12/12) - with good medical condition, plus wifey chest xray and employer letter states they willing to sponsor my newborn.

Anyway nothing is more important than the baby....

Does anyone know, what date is GLOBAL HEALTH currently processing? My family was overseas when contacted by the CO for Medicals, so i did mine with Medibank (Sydney) and my wife and my boy did it from overseas. Can anyone shed some light, how to know if the medicals have already been finalized. We requested the hospital(overseas) to courier the hard copy to Global health and it was done by DHL about a week and a half ago (tracked online). Time of a week and a half; is this enough for Meds to be finalized....................!

Oh sorry I didn't get that part haha, well I didn't apply this time through an MA but I have in the past and called DIAC for updates, I think as long as you have your Transaction ID you'll be ok. I hope you get a good person on the phone, some of them were quite rude to me but mostly they were just vague...

Thanks Misdirection..I called Immi and they informed me that my application is still in progress and has not been assigned to any case officer yet. He also mentioned that he can not give any time line. Will keep waiting..

Thanks Misdirection..I called Immi and they informed me that my application is still in progress and has not been assigned to any case officer yet. He also mentioned that he can not give any time line. Will keep waiting..

Annoying isn't it? But, I got a case officer Friday and I can't say she has been any more forthcoming - I've been trying to call her for 2 days and her phone goes straight to voicemail and she hasn't responded to any emails. I know they're busy but what's the point of a case officer who doesn't answer your questions?? :(

Is there a "like" button on this forum? just found it :-) Ive had exactly the same experience with my CO!

Annoying isn't it? But, I got a case officer Friday and I can't say she has been any more forthcoming - I've been trying to call her for 2 days and her phone goes straight to voicemail and she hasn't responded to any emails. I know they're busy but what's the point of a case officer who doesn't answer your questions?? :(

Is there a "like" button on this forum? just found it :-) Ive had exactly the same experience with my CO!

I thought I might come in today to an approval but still nothing =/ And my case officer still doesn't answer her phone. These CO's are like the Lochness Monster! I'm inclined to believe they don't actually exist and a computer is doing it all.

What happens during Christmas break.. does anyone know if immi department works during this time? does the process of allocating CO and approving visa come to halt during the Christmas break, how long?

I have a friend who works at IMMI in Canberra and said they don't have a big shut-down, they work on 24 December and then break until 2 Jan. but that's the head office - I don't know if that applies to regional offices or the centres that process visas. But yes they won't be allocating on the public holidays that's for sure, and I'd say things will slow down during that period.

I got a CO on 30 November, request to submit documents on 3 December and now waiting.....

Yesterday, spoke to Global Health about the Medicals for my family. They said, they received it on 23rd November and they are currently processing 24th October. IT's another month before they put their hands on the reports.................................Another waiting game here,..........i was hoping i would hear the good news before Christmas but now looks like, nothing is happening until Mid January 2013..............going nuts:chatterbox::confused::dull::arghh: anyone in my situation............say hello to me, so i can console myself................

Yesterday, spoke to Global Health about the Medicals for my family. They said, they received it on 23rd November and they are currently processing 24th October. IT's another month before they put their hands on the reports.................................Another waiting game here,..........i was hoping i would hear the good news before Christmas but now looks like, nothing is happening until Mid January 2013..............going nuts:chatterbox::confused::dull::arghh: anyone in my situation............say hello to me, so i can console myself................

Ugh the waiting is the WORST part. Everything takes so long. I actually called my case officer this morning and she ANSWERED! I couldn't believe it, she said she was so bombarded with emails this week that she won't be able to get to my case until probably Monday but I am hoping by Monday I'll have the good news...if it goes into January 2013 I'll scream...my workplace is unbearable!

Ugh the waiting is the WORST part. Everything takes so long. I actually called my case officer this morning and she ANSWERED! I couldn't believe it, she said she was so bombarded with emails this week that she won't be able to get to my case until probably Monday but I am hoping by Monday I'll have the good news...if it goes into January 2013 I'll scream...my workplace is unbearable!

Oh, you lucky dude....you have some hope for this Monday, but me ...........NO CHANCE....... I had to be requested for medicals when my family would go overseas to visit our parents. My medicals were done by Medibank and it is already finalised (spoke to them yesterday, no referrals required).....My family did it from overseas and, to make it worst it was paper based and is now with GH..............Looks like i have few more weeks to pray and lose some more sleep...........I don't know when this all will be over and i can get on with my life.....Still have some hope though, roughly 20 more days until Christmas holidays.......lets see if GH speeds up and i get to hear from my CO before CHRISTMAS.............Fingers crossed....

Oh, you lucky dude....you have some hope for this Monday, but me ...........NO CHANCE....... I had to be requested for medicals when my family would go overseas to visit our parents. My medicals were done by Medibank and it is already finalised (spoke to them yesterday, no referrals required).....My family did it from overseas and, to make it worst it was paper based and is now with GH..............Looks like i have few more weeks to pray and lose some more sleep...........I don't know when this all will be over and i can get on with my life.....Still have some hope though, roughly 20 more days until Christmas holidays.......lets see if GH speeds up and i get to hear from my CO before CHRISTMAS.............Fingers crossed....

Hi Karma

What is Global Health...? Why do you need to apply that?

At least you have your CO... I don't even know whether I will have a CO before Xmas or not....

Archived