ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

Hey Folks,

Just got a quick question...........I have submitted all the requested documents by the CO and that includes FORM 80......i did a bit of a research and i found out, FORM 80 is not CO's JOB..............i mean, CO forwards FORM 80 to ASIO for external checks. Is this correct? And once CO gets an answer from ASIO, S/he can make the decision. Is this correct?

My Co didnot request an updated overseas police clearance, and would it be a good idea to include one, just in case to speed up the process? I haven't been to anyother country, other than my home country, and been in Australia for over 4 years now.

Please enlighten me.

Hello Karma Nev

Not sure about your first query but on the police clerance certificate, I personally wouldn't send any extra document if it has not been asked, why confuse the CO..hehe..I am assuming you have provided the Police clerance for Australia and your home country with your application already. If you have travelled back to home country after the initial application and police clerance provided then the CO might ask for a new police clerance but even then I would wait for the request to come.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Karma Nev,

Would be having an idea of how long it takes for ASIO to complete the checks? Would not this jeopardise the ENS timelines (which is supposed to be quicker)? For e.g. I know that for offshore GSM external checks can take upto 1 year?

Pintu.

Hey Folks,

Just got a quick question...........I have submitted all the requested documents by the CO and that includes FORM 80......i did a bit of a research and i found out, FORM 80 is not CO's JOB..............i mean, CO forwards FORM 80 to ASIO for external checks. Is this correct? And once CO gets an answer from ASIO, S/he can make the decision. Is this correct?

My Co didnot request an updated overseas police clearance, and would it be a good idea to include one, just in case to speed up the process? I haven't been to anyother country, other than my home country, and been in Australia for over 4 years now.

Please enlighten me.

Hello Karma Nev

Not sure about your first query but on the police clerance certificate, I personally wouldn't send any extra document if it has not been asked, why confuse the CO..hehe..I am assuming you have provided the Police clerance for Australia and your home country with your application already. If you have travelled back to home country after the initial application and police clerance provided then the CO might ask for a new police clerance but even then I would wait for the request to come.

Ya, i feel the same, but my lawyer told me to get one. just in case, because 2 years ago, i went back for a month's holiday. My other half and my boy have re-visited the motherland and they are coming back on Dec 7th...........! FORM 80 seems to be divided into 2 halves, INTERNAL CHECKS and EXTERNAL.........i figured out, EXTERNAL is taken care of by ASIO or IGIS....but wat the heck is INTERNAL........isn't it that, all the details provided in visa application was verified and that is when CO requested medicals and AFP....:skeptical:

Hi all, my application was received at Parramatta June 21. Not I, nor my employer have been advised that we have been allocated co. I see they are now assessing 22 June but someone I know who received confirmation of submitting application on 26 June already has co. Is it normal for this to happen or should I get worried?

Thanks

Hi all, my application was received at Parramatta June 21. Not I, nor my employer have been advised that we have been allocated co. I see they are now assessing 22 June but someone I know who received confirmation of submitting application on 26 June already has co. Is it normal for this to happen or should I get worried?Thanks
Hi lenak29, what's the date mentioned on your ACK letter? That's the official lodgement day for your application. If it is before 22, you can send an email to immi ask them to escalate it for you.But there is a chance that you've been allocated a CO already, and he/she reviewed all your documents. If they think all those info is enough, they won't contact you until they make decision.

Ya, i feel the same, but my lawyer told me to get one. just in case, because 2 years ago, i went back for a month's holiday. My other half and my boy have re-visited the motherland and they are coming back on Dec 7th...........! FORM 80 seems to be divided into 2 halves, INTERNAL CHECKS and EXTERNAL.........i figured out, EXTERNAL is taken care of by ASIO or IGIS....but wat the heck is INTERNAL........isn't it that, all the details provided in visa application was verified and that is when CO requested medicals and AFP....:skeptical:
Every CO has different focus. I think you just need to submit what the CO asked. Don't over it. If CO cares, he/she will ask that

Hi lenak29, what's the date mentioned on your ACK letter? That's the official lodgement day for your application. If it is before 22, you can send an email to immi ask them to escalate it for you.But there is a chance that you've been allocated a CO already, and he/she reviewed all your documents. If they think all those info is enough, they won't contact you until they make decision.

Thanks Lee.

The ACK email that was sent to me was received on 21 June but they acknowledge that they received my application on 18 June actually. and I called immigration they don't seem to know why i have not been assigned CO (although they did not say officially if i have one or not, since i was asking hypothetically. I submitted formal enquiry in writing. I would be surprised if mine was considered decision ready, as I had not submitted medical exam or police checks (although I did submit police checks with previous 457 visa application and assume I would have been deported if I had a criminal record since then???)

Hi Guys,

I'm not a Pom but I'm a Canadian who applied for my 856 visa on 29 June - luckily I am in Canberra and went to DIAC to lodge in person (Parramatta is my processing office though) and got my ACK letter that same day. I called DIAC last week and was told "people have looked at my file"...but it hasn't been allocated a CO yet. Still waiting...but the Canadian government is being VERY slow in getting me back my police check, I submitted the application end of July and still no word there either so I guess it goes hand in hand. Happy Friday!

Guest projuri

It seams a bit unfair that one of my mates applied online for PR a couple of weeks back and just got his PR granted.. frustrating..

Hi Guys,

Sent off the requested letter on Thursday evening to CO, but no updates or news yet. Very nervous as to what is going to happen.

regards,

Pintu.

thanks, hope so too. Will have to make some frantic calls to my previous employer in Holland this evening (there is 10 hour time difference)! to get the letter done on an urgent basis

Hi Guys,

Sent off the requested letter on Thursday evening to CO, but no updates or news yet. Very nervous as to what is going to happen.

regards,

Pintu.

Same here Pintu,...forwarded everything CO required on MOnday (express post), he must have received it on Tuesday/Wednesday.......Medicals (hard copy) delivered to Global health on Thursday (tracked through DHL)..............still no updates yet....i m biting my nails every minute.......not knowing what is happening........keeping my fingers crossed and praying all the time............! Let's pray to hear the good news very soon..........good luck to both of us.....

Did you contact the CO to inquire about the next steps?

Same here Pintu,...forwarded everything CO required on MOnday (express post), he must have received it on Tuesday/Wednesday.......Medicals (hard copy) delivered to Global health on Thursday (tracked through DHL)..............still no updates yet....i m biting my nails every minute.......not knowing what is happening........keeping my fingers crossed and praying all the time............! Let's pray to hear the good news very soon..........good luck to both of us.....

Did you contact the CO to inquire about the next steps?

No, i have submitted everything. All i can do is, just wait for the decision.........................My medicals, AFP have already been submitted............ So, it's just another waiting game i guess..........wat about u? What's ur situ.. like?

Archived