ENS (121/856 visa) Timeline

Cerberus1

That's interesting~~~~ HOHO~~ .... Does this mean we may have the same CO?

Anyone has any updates this week~~~???

I can barely believe it but I got an email today from my CO!!!! I am position 2156, AND I got home today to find my Canadian police check in my mailbox!!!! It's like it was fate. I will submit it on Monday and then hopefully by end of this week I'll be a PR. Cross fingers!!!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey -

We applied ens - requirements for this 2 years on 457 & 12 months with employer.

Due to changes on 1st July & knowing about how long to wait would be, we submitted application on 26th June - un aware that this would be our official lodgement date, we are 6 days short of meeting the 2 year requirements. as you can imagine we are devastated! We have emailed our case officer to see what our options are.

We thought that when you get CO that would be the official lodegment date which now makes us well over our 2 years.

Any advice - its just 6 days short :(:(:(

Thanks guys - trying to stay strong & positive

Hey -

We applied ens - requirements for this 2 years on 457 & 12 months with employer.

Due to changes on 1st July & knowing about how long to wait would be, we submitted application on 26th June - un aware that this would be our official lodgement date, we are 6 days short of meeting the 2 year requirements. as you can imagine we are devastated! We have emailed our case officer to see what our options are.

We thought that when you get CO that would be the official lodegment date which now makes us well over our 2 years.

Any advice - its just 6 days short :(:(:(

Thanks guys - trying to stay strong & positive

I'm so sorry to hear that! Have you been declined or are they still reviewing the case?? I have only been on my current 457 visa since Feb 2011, but because I'd been on 457's before that for more than 2 years they said it was okay, it all counted towards the 2 year requirement - have you been on 457's before? See what your CO says, hopefully they have some advice, did you use a migration agent?? Maybe a really good agent would be able to help you??

I'm so sorry to hear that! Have you been declined or are they still reviewing the case?? I have only been on my current 457 visa since Feb 2011, but because I'd been on 457's before that for more than 2 years they said it was okay, it all counted towards the 2 year requirement - have you been on 457's before? See what your CO says, hopefully they have some advice, did you use a migration agent?? Maybe a really good agent would be able to help you??

This is oour first time on 457, to date we have been on it for 2 yrs 4 months. We didnt use a MA - the case officer hasnt responded to emails or phone calls since thursday morning, so we think he could be out the office. We are hoping to get in contact with him next week & see where we stand. Really hope we dont have to re apply and pay again over 6 days.

Have you got CO yet?

Thanks for reply :)

This is oour first time on 457, to date we have been on it for 2 yrs 4 months. We didnt use a MA - the case officer hasnt responded to emails or phone calls since thursday morning, so we think he could be out the office. We are hoping to get in contact with him next week & see where we stand. Really hope we dont have to re apply and pay again over 6 days.

Have you got CO yet?

Hi Mojacar

Not quite sure your case. You mean your lodgement date is 26 June and missing 6 days for full 2yr working experience. However, when you applied your visa, you applied under 3yrs working experience waiver or 2yr 457 working experience? I think you did choose one at that time and this case is purely depends on which path you choose~~

Also have you CO contacted you already? What did he/she say? Did he/she require something else?

Cheers

I can barely believe it but I got an email today from my CO!!!! I am position 2156, AND I got home today to find my Canadian police check in my mailbox!!!! It's like it was fate. I will submit it on Monday and then hopefully by end of this week I'll be a PR. Cross fingers!!!

Hoho~~ Lucky you missdirection. How did you find that position again?? From the email of your CO??

What info did CO require? Would you mind sharing with us?

Cheers

Hi Mojacar

Not quite sure your case. You mean your lodgement date is 26 June and missing 6 days for full 2yr working experience. However, when you applied your visa, you applied under 3yrs working experience waiver or 2yr 457 working experience? I think you did choose one at that time and this case is purely depends on which path you choose~~

Also have you CO contacted you already? What did he/she say? Did he/she require something else?

Cheers

Hey

We are currently on a 457 visa -

Path choosen was 2 years on 457 & 12 months with employer.

Unaware that the date parramatta received application in office is "the official lodgement date" which means we are 6 days less of meeting 2 year requirement.

The case officier did contact us explaining this (via email) but never gave us any options or advice or anything - so we emailed backed and asked "what can we do about this"

Now we have to wait to hear back from CO

We submitted our application non dr or ma - included was medicals & police checks.

Its going to be another long day waiting for Monday to come & hopefully hear from co.

Hey

Unaware that the date parramatta received application in office is "the official lodgement date" which means we are 6 days less of meeting 2 year requirement.

The case officier did contact us explaining this (via email) but never gave us any options or advice or anything - so we emailed backed and asked "what can we do about this"

We submitted our application non dr or ma - included was medicals & police checks.

Its going to be another long day waiting for Monday to come & hopefully hear from co.

Good luck to you man, don't stress.....everything will be good....:xmas10: i will ask Santa to fix this for you.....! Cheers

Good luck to you man, don't stress.....everything will be good....:xmas10: i will ask Santa to fix this for you.....! Cheers

Thanks mate.

Thinking positive & hoping for the best... would be an awesome gift if santa could fix it :biggrin:

Have you got CO yet?

Hi,

I understand how stressful it can be sorting through these visa issues :( I've been through the ringer these last 6 years, it can be really tough for your Aussie friends to understand the stress as well. I actually got an email at 4:45 pm on Friday afternoon and I now finally have a CO, and I have 1 document to submit Monday and hopefully by the end of the week I can get my approval through. I'm in shock it's been such a wait - not just since I applied in June but I've been on so many visas because of the breakdown of my last relationship and he was sponsoring me. I was nearly deported at one stage because my employer was taking so long filing my 457 papers after my spousal visa was cancelled so I am sympathetic.

Sarah

Hoho~~ Lucky you missdirection. How did you find that position again?? From the email of your CO??

What info did CO require? Would you mind sharing with us?

Cheers

Hi Channel Lee,

My employer received an email on Friday and forwarded it to me, it was a letter stating that their nomination is approved, and that I also officially have a case officer and it listed her name and contacts and a 4 digit position number. It also said that my application was almost complete except for one outstanding document (which I knew was outstanding, it was my police check from my home country) and asked me to submit it as soon as possible - in a strange twist I got home on friday and the document I was waiting on was in my mailbox, so I'm going to submit it first thing Monday (I'm lucky I'm in Canberra and can submit documents at the regional office there so I know they won't be lost in the post!), and my CO letter says that once they receive that document, processing on my visa can commence. My employer says within 48 hours they should be able to approve it because other than that doco it's a complete application. I'm really hoping that's true!!!

Guest sereck28

Hi guys, been following the forum and your experience for some time and now its time to share my time-frame.

Visa: 121 (ENS Off-shore)

NON DRC (but ONLY AFP check was missing!)

Country of origin: ETA

Vetassess: 25 Feb - late May (around three months)

Application Lodged (both Nomination & Visa): Personally by my MA at Paramatta Centre on the 15th of June.

Visa approval process:

1) CO contacted my MA early last week requesting Police check from both Australia and my country even though my MA sent the AFP docs in July, about a month after application was lodged (seems like they did not reach my files eventually ...)

2) CO called my MA Fri last Fri (30 Nov), asked for my itinerary (flight ticked) to confirm my trip, approved Nomination and pre-granted the visa.

3) Going off-shore to active it around x-mas ;)

Seems like I had to wait exactly 168 Days (24 Weeks).

PS. I do live and work in Australia permanently on a Temp Resident Visa (Skilled Grad.) however had to apply off-shore as at the actual lodgement process happened when I was on spending a long-term holiday overseas back in the summer (well, Australian winter).

Bottom line - Good Luck Everyone - I am sure all we need is nothing but time and some patience :)

Hey

OK... I want to share something similar like your case.~~One of my mate applied 886 (skilled visa) and missing 4 * 7 IELTS. When the CO commence process his case, he got the IELTS score but his CO just declined his visa. However, my mate's MA help him via some sort of immi lawsuit and he won~~and got his PR.

I think you can do same thing if they decline you.

Good luck mate~~~ Hope every CO has good mood before Xmas and let us all approve~~ HAHAHAHA

Hi Channel Lee,

My employer received an email on Friday and forwarded it to me, it was a letter stating that their nomination is approved, and that I also officially have a case officer and it listed her name and contacts and a 4 digit position number. It also said that my application was almost complete except for one outstanding document (which I knew was outstanding, it was my police check from my home country) and asked me to submit it as soon as possible - in a strange twist I got home on friday and the document I was waiting on was in my mailbox, so I'm going to submit it first thing Monday (I'm lucky I'm in Canberra and can submit documents at the regional office there so I know they won't be lost in the post!), and my CO letter says that once they receive that document, processing on my visa can commence. My employer says within 48 hours they should be able to approve it because other than that doco it's a complete application. I'm really hoping that's true!!!

I can say you 99% will get your visa. It just the matter of time~~

Happy Happy~~

Hi guys, been following the forum and your experience for some time and now its time to share my time-frame.

Visa: 121 (ENS Off-shore)

NON DRC (but ONLY AFP check was missing!)

Country of origin: ETA

Vetassess: 25 Feb - late May (around three months)

Application Lodged (both Nomination & Visa): Personally by my MA at Paramatta Centre on the 15th of June.

Visa approval process:

1) CO contacted my MA early last week requesting Police check from both Australia and my country even though my MA sent the AFP docs in July, about a month after application was lodged (seems like they did not reach my files eventually ...)

2) CO called my MA Fri last Fri (30 Nov), asked for my itinerary (flight ticked) to confirm my trip, approved Nomination and pre-granted the visa.

3) Going off-shore to active it around x-mas ;)

Seems like I had to wait exactly 168 Days (24 Weeks).

PS. I do live and work in Australia permanently on a Temp Resident Visa (Skilled Grad.) however had to apply off-shore as at the actual lodgement process happened when I was on spending a long-term holiday overseas back in the summer (well, Australian winter).

Bottom line - Good Luck Everyone - I am sure all we need is nothing but time and some patience :)

Congrats sereck28~~~ It worth to wait~ yeah~?

OK... I want to share something similar like your case.~~One of my mate applied 886 (skilled visa) and missing 4 * 7 IELTS. When the CO commence process his case, he got the IELTS score but his CO just declined his visa. However, my mate's MA help him via some sort of immi lawsuit and he won~~and got his PR.

I think you can do same thing if they decline you.

Good luck mate~~~ Hope every CO has good mood before Xmas and let us all approve~~ HAHAHAHA

Thanks for sharing story - it's been a long weekend, not sure I even slept last night worrying.

I think we will have take the case to someone higher if declined - it's such a genuine mistakes - I will update if we hear anything today.

Thinking positive

Hi guyz how u been? I applied non drc in June 28th via agent @ paramatta and have seek work experience waiver. Mine is 856 ens but haven't got any news yet. So worried :((( my nomination was Drc and was already approved before I put my Ens visa. When do you think I will get co assigned?

Hi guyz how u been? I applied non drc in June 28th via agent @ paramatta and have seek work experience waiver. Mine is 856 ens but haven't got any news yet. So worried :((( my nomination was Drc and was already approved before I put my Ens visa. When do you think I will get co assigned?

Hey Paul,

What's your profession mate? Why did you have to ask for a waiver?

Thanks for sharing story - it's been a long weekend, not sure I even slept last night worrying.

I think we will have take the case to someone higher if declined - it's such a genuine mistakes - I will update if we hear anything today.

Thinking positive

Update:

CO advised us to withdraw application so isnt doesnt go on our record. So we will have to re apply again.

So close & now sooooooooooo far :(:(

Archived