1 year today!!

The Yuills

Well today is our 1st year anniversary.

We have enjoyed our first year and have settled (better than we thought), we love Secret Harbour and are moving into our 3rd rental next Friday here in Secret Harbour.

Husband found a job very soon after landing and the pay was good, but the hours were long so after a lot of soul searching and because we unexpectedly were expecting another baby (wrong side of 40!!) he decided 9 weeks ago to bite the bullet and go self employed fitting garage doors. The first 2 weeks were hell! But now he is enjoying it and it is so much more flexible and so can can take days off it need be (that has been a godsend in the last few week).

Luckily I have not had to work here in Australia like I did in England so the kids are relishing the fact theat they do not have to go to after school clubs and breakfast clubs and being passed about during holidays. We could never had lived on 1 wage in England.

Schooling is not the best here, but hey we are all in the same boat and maybe I could go to work and send them private but then they would be going back to before and after school clubs..not what we want.

Have met some great people here and found them to be even greater friends than maybe I thought they were.

We had our first family holiday ever at Christmas and went to Kalbarri/Geraldton/Monkey Mia...it was wonderful and well worth the driving and camping (though would never ever go back to Denham!!!!)

Overall our experiences here in Australia have all been positives except for 2 things, ripped off with a car and loosing our baby. Through this time I have met nothing but kindness and caring from different people.....I forgot to pay a tranfer of licence for my husbands trailer and was 2 days late..rang and explained they were very understanding and have waived the infringement.

All the medical care i have received has been excellent, weekly scans, weekly blood tests, and all the pre natal and post natal care needed for premmie babies all through medicare, as we have no private insurance and at no time did I feel we weren't being looked after.

I have been asked several times over the last few weeks "Will you be returning home to England?" and in answer to that is honestly we are home, we now call this home, so no we will not be returning to England as what happened has happened and nothing will change that, yes it would be nice to have that hug with my mum, but not a reason to return.

We won't be celebrating like we had planned as it is all too soon but heres to another year in Secret Harbour.

So thanks for reading and thanks for caring.....Australia really is a great place to be.

The Yuills

Guest Spindy

Lovely to read this, gives others hope who are just embarking on the long road of trying to move to Oz. Thanks x

What a beautiful post Sue, congratulations on your 1st anniversay ... alot more difficulties than a lot of us have ever had to deal with, wishing you love, luck and happiness.

Was Kalbarri and Monkey Mia worth going to??

Guest siamsusie
Well today is our 1st year anniversary.

So thanks for reading and thanks for caring.....Australia really is a great place to be.

The Yuills

Thank you Sue for such a excellent post, I hope your move is a peaceful one. I am so pleased you , Steve and the children have been well looked after and happy that Australia is now your home. Love Susie:hug:

Such a lovely post....Congratulations on your 1st year, what a remarkable family you are with such a good positive attuide...good luck in your 2nd year in Secret Harbour:hug:

Your post has given me some of the inspiration I need. Due to move out to Sydney in 7 weeks and I am really dragging my heels thinking it may not been the best move for us. Then I read your post and as you are the same ages as me and my hubby it has really made me think that perhaps this may work. So thank you for taking the time to write and I hope I can post something similar this time next year. Heres to the next year!

Hi Ali,

Yes Kalbarri and Monkey Mia were great places to go..We preferred Kalbarri as a holiday and wish we had longer there. Monkey Mia was also a lovely place, but we stayed at Denham and travelled over to Monkey Mia. We did not like Denham, campsite was not nice, very windy and they said it is always windy Nov/Dec/Jan, you had to use their drill to get tent pegs in!! It was very overpriced for everything. If you go book early and book to stay at Monkey Mia resort. We will be going back to kalbarri.

Suex

Guest Francine

It was great to read your post - very inspiring! We are emigrating next year - hopefully to Secret Harbour! Any advice would be much appreciated! So much to think about and always the worry in the back of my mind thinking, "am I doing the right thing for my family?"

We are coming over on a 175 visa (I'm a teacher) so no jobs set up but hoping I will get something quite soon. My husband will do anything - he is currently a supervisor in a factory. We have two boys, 4 and 1, so a good age to move.

Good luck for year 2!! x

Guest rob and denise

a rare positive post. well done in your first year and best of luck in the rest of them. we are 6 weeks away from our dream move to rockingham and if all goes well, this could be us this time next year singing australia's praises.

Thankyou for your positive post in what must be a difficult time for your family.

Its heartening to know that you have found the strength and love within each other.

I wish you many happy years in secret harbour

Sending all our love and hugs x

Archived