State Migration Plan-What states are saying?...

cartertucker

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel

Wish I knew an insider too for better info!

I wonder if they will start all the states at the same time - it would make sense.

I hope VIC is also able to switch all of its approved applicants as well - they have also been a bit selective and we see quite a few refusals.

Really interested in the survey by Afro Developer

Federal Minister's announcement on GSM visas - Live in Victoria

looking at what sort of numbers of people applied to the different states and different occupation states. There were alsready some interesting figures coming out.

Just for an update the Victoria web site still has no new news on the SMPs

Guest HoriFTC
Wish I knew an insider too for better info!

I wonder if they will start all the states at the same time - it would make sense.

I hope VIC is also able to switch all of its approved applicants as well - they have also been a bit selective and we see quite a few refusals.

Really interested in the survey by Afro Developer

looking at what sort of numbers of people applied to the different states and different occupation states. There were alsready some interesting figures coming out.

Just for an update the Victoria web site still has no new news on the SMPs

After reading Victoria's commitment and especially this:

"The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has indicated that, once the replacement SOL is introduced, state and territory governments may be able to sponsor applicants who have nominated an occupation in demand in individual states and territories. This includes occupations not included on the SOL replacement."

it is for me already clear, why all the SMP's must be approved by the Federal Minister. They can include occupations which won't be on the new SOL.

Which is new compared to the current practice...

After reading Victoria's commitment and especially this:

"The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has indicated that, once the replacement SOL is introduced, state and territory governments may be able to sponsor applicants who have nominated an occupation in demand in individual states and territories. This includes occupations not included on the SOL replacement."

it is for me already clear, why all the SMP's must be approved by the Federal Minister. They can include occupations which won't be on the new SOL.

Which is new compared to the current practice...

You might be right. The whole battle will be for the off SOL occupations. :wink:

Ladies and Gentleman,

This is a very tricky and confusing situation in this case. Only some senior members can solve this issue.

Guys, Here is my time line.....

HRC|Desigraned Area Sponsonsored -Class UZ Subclass 496-Provisional|30.08.07|Ack on 24.1.08|C.O. 20.10.09|Medical-08.08|PCC-09.09|Job veri-3.09.09|Visa Grant-Waiting(Category 6)Non CSL,NOn MODL

Now I would like to apply for ACT sponsorship. As I fall under this state list.As U all must have read my detailed timeline. This is a provisional visa. My agent says u can not apply for state sponsorship in this category(I mean under 496 visa).Can somebody answer some of the questions here..

1. How much cost will be involved If I go for state sponsorship( As my bother who

sponsored me is in Victoria not in ACT)?

2. How much time it would take to processing of this visa class?

3. Should I refer to my earlier application if I apply for new state sponsorship?What effect it will make it on my new application?

Ladies and Gentleman,

This is a very tricky and confusing situation in this case. Only some senior members can solve this issue.

HRC|Desigraned Area Sponsonsored -Class UZ Subclass 496-Provisional|30.08.07|Ack on 24.1.08|C.O. 20.10.09|Medical-08.08|PCC-09.09|Job veri-3.09.09|Visa Grant-Waiting(Category 6)Non CSL,NOn MODL

Now I would like to apply for ACT sponsorship. As I fall under this state list.As U all must have read my detailed timeline. This is a provisional visa. My agent says u can not apply for state sponsorship in this category(I mean under 496 visa).Can somebody answer some of the questions here..

1. How much cost will be involved If I go for state sponsorship( As my bother who

3. Should I refer to my earlier application if I apply for new state sponsorship?What effect it will make it on my new application?

Hi, we are applying for ACT SS. The Service Fee is $275 and the main app must have $25,000 and a further $10,000 for each dependent in liquid assets. If you check their website below they give the current processing timelines and all the info on SS for ACT. You will also have to commit to living in ACT for 2 years.

Business and Industry Development - Skilled and Business Migration

Sorry can't answer your Q3.

Cheers

Claire

Guest Gollywobbler
Ladies and Gentleman,

Hi VB

Your agent is right. Tha Australian Capital Territory does not offer sponsorship for the provisional GSM visas. It might be because the whole State is considered to be "regional" Oz and that therefore there is no point in differentiating the outer parts of the State from Canberra itself but I am guessing and I do not know the reason for sure. However, regardless of the reason why not, your agent is right. The ACT will not offer State sponsorship for the sc 496 or for the new sc 475 visas.

That said, there might be some hope for you here.

Do you have a skills assessment for an occupation that is on one of the ACT's Lists for State sponsorship? If so, are you able to get 100 points or more in order to make a new application for sc 176 State sponsorship? The State will donate 10 points towards the total if it sponsors you and so you would only have to find a minimum of 90 points on your own?

If you are able to make a prompt application for sc 176 State sponsorship and you are able to apply for a new sc 176 visa, you would be much better placed than you are at present.

Would this be possible, hun? The State Lists are on their various State websites which are below:

State and Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Cheers

Gill

Hi VB

Your agent is right. Tha Australian Capital Territory does not offer sponsorship for the provisional GSM visas. It might be because the whole State is considered to be "regional" Oz and that therefore there is no point in differentiating the outer parts of the State from Canberra itself but I am guessing and I do not know the reason for sure. However, regardless of the reason why not, your agent is right. The ACT will not offer State sponsorship for the sc 496 or for the new sc 475 visas.

That said, there might be some hope for you here.

Do you have a skills assessment for an occupation that is on one of the ACT's Lists for State sponsorship? If so, are you able to get 100 points or more in order to make a new application for sc 176 State sponsorship? The State will donate 10 points towards the total if it sponsors you and so you would only have to find a minimum of 90 points on your own?

If you are able to make a prompt application for sc 176 State sponsorship and you are able to apply for a new sc 176 visa, you would be much better placed than you are at present.

Would this be possible, hun? The State Lists are on their various State websites which are below:

State and Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Cheers

Gill

Thanx Gilly for the humble and detailed reply,

Yes I have the assessment as Public Relation Officer - 2221-11 but it is 2 and half year old.I have 7, 6, 6, 5.5 bands. But what are chances of getting the processing will be quicker. There might be some more changes from DIAC and I might again be in to limbo.So I am afraid of going with it.

Guest VickyMel
I have a few emails back and forth with Julianne since her return. Here is what she had to say:

Hi Mat

To add further to your post - looks like the migration agents are also hearing +ve things re ACT getting things sorted quickly

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/78424-thread-agents-only-re-new-gsm-changes-4.html#post701466

here is the relevant bit from George's post

6. The state migration plans will be finalised as time progresses - the first plan to be finalised may well be that of the ACT - and these will probably also specify indicative numbers of applicants to be approved.

George Lombard

Come On Victoria don't let them beat you to it get our SMP out first!!:wink:

VickyMel

Guest archisami
I have a few emails back and forth with Julianne since her return. Here is what she had to say:

Hi mat,

It seems that they have a template respond to all the questions in relation with SMP,I say it because received this reply too:

At this stage, we are negotiating with DIAC about the state migration plan, but as it has to be signed off by my cabinet, it is not an easy process. It is likely to take at least 4-6 months to finalise. Once it is in place, we expect that all our sponsored clients will receive priority processing.

Although this shows they don't have or want to have much more time to pay attention foe our worries,the respond sounds hopefully.:daydreaming:

It seems that they have a template respond to all the questions in relation with SMP,

yeah , that wouldn't surprise me, I'm sure her inbox is full of emails. I think the number of SS applications has probably shot through the roof too, keeping them all busy.

Guest archisami
I'd rather they were working on the SMP than answering all our queries. This is why I haven't emailed them as someone always kindly posts responses on here.

Dear,

This thread is "What States are saying?"

WHAT?

Everything and Nothing,still nobody knows, . . .you see.

This thread is like our world,full of questions and the people who are looking for their responses.

somepeople search for the answer and finally share it kindly with others and someones wait for the happy end.

Yes,both wait but there is a difference:"HOW"

Regards

Dear,

This thread is "What States are saying?"

WHAT?

Everything and Nothing,still nobody knows, . . .you see.

This thread is like our world,full of questions and the people who are looking for their responses.

somepeople search for the answer and finally share it kindly with others and someones wait for the happy end.

Yes,both wait but there is a difference:"HOW"

Regards

:huh: I'm confused.

My life become heal becouse of all these confusion. I really do not understand what to do. one day seems like a one month. my life is on limbo. I do not understand that what is my fault. why they punish me?

My life become heal becouse of all these confusion. I really do not understand what to do. one day seems like a one month. my life is on limbo. I do not understand that what is my fault. why they punish me?

You are not alone, im afraid that there are plenty of us.....:spinny:

All we can do, is wait & hope......:yes:

Guest archisami
:huh: I'm confused.

Hi,

It's very simple :wink:

Plz encourage the guys in thread who try to communicate with authorities and share their experience with other rather than counting the seconds and waiting for what will happen.

cheers

Hi,

Plz encourage the guys in thread who try to communicate with authorities and share their experience with other rather than counting the seconds and waiting for what will happen.

cheers

Still confused as that is exactly what I was saying does happen! People kindly share their expereinces, so tehre's no point in us all emailing the same questions. That would just slow everything down.

Hi,

cheers

That is what they have been doing. If they weren't we wouldn't have this thread and I am very grateful for them for doing so.

Claire

Hi,

It's very simple

cheers

If the replies that are being posted on this thread arent the ones you want to hear......

Then thats because no one really knows the answers yet....:nah:

Updates on SMP:

We do recieve some very interesting updates from various people, from migration agents & Gill to regular posters....

So thankyou to everyone.....:notworthy:

The reason for this thread:

Is so that we dont all keep ringing/emailing the States about the new SMP.....

As it was rightly pointed out a few times, this will take them away from the jobs they are trying to do, which is granting State Sponserships & they could be 'trying to sort the SMP'!.....:wink:

So im afraid, that waiting & hoping is all we can do right now

Hi,

cheers

Some of us like to share our stresses and strains with eachother, thats why we post on these threads, as Kelly quite rightly said if you keep phoning and emailing the states just how the heck are they supposed to get on with the job in hand, there are only a finite number of staff and no one is employed to merely answer telephone queries.

I am very very very lucky in that I have my visa but I still read these threads because it was only a month ago that I was in the same position and I was kept going by talking to my fellow sufferers. Kelly does a fantastic job with all her threads and I am sure many of us are greatful that these threads are there.

My thoughts are with all of you going through this nightmare and I really hope you all see some clarity soon!:wubclub:

Forgive me as i may have a stupid question - but i limit myself to the PIO forum as i cant stand the wait and every time i`m on here, its like viniger to a wound ever since Mr C. Evans announced the Cat 5 re-shuffle with the 3 year wait!!.. But i still love reading all the comments and have not given up hope. Its just me and my itchy feet.

Anyway.,., heres my silly question.,.,

The new State migration plan?

whats the script and why is everyone talking about it? Surly this wont effect people who have lodged Visa applciations again will it? Is this plan supposed to make things better or worse. (for the applicats i mean).

Forgive me as i may have a stupid question - but i limit myself to the PIO forum as i cant stand the wait and every time i`m on here, its like viniger to a wound ever since Mr C. Evans announced the Cat 5 re-shuffle with the 3 year wait!!.. But i still love reading all the comments and have not given up hope. Its just me and my itchy feet.

Anyway.,., heres my silly question.,.,

The new State migration plan?

whats the script and why is everyone talking about it? Surly this wont effect people who have lodged Visa applciations again will it? Is this plan supposed to make things better or worse. (for the applicats i mean).

Yes, the new SMP will affect existing visa applicants. In particular those currently in Priority 5. There is a possibility that your occupation could be included in the new SMP which will move you up from Priority 5 to Priority 2 once the new SMP is released.

Archived