State Migration Plan-What states are saying?...

cartertucker

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Guys Did I miss something or is the new SOL not due until the middle of the year? or has there been another change to say it will be out the end of April?

I think that different people are being told different things & until the DIAC, along with the States make an official announcement, i'd say it was all hear say.....:yes:

Lets just hope it will be out in April (3 less months of worrying!)..:wink:

I think that different people are being told different things & until the DIAC, along with the States make an official announcement, i'd say it was all hear say.....:yes:

Lets just hope it will be out in April (3 less months of worrying!)..:wink:

Yeah true its just all up in the air at the moment - we have just passed the ACS and gathering our info for SS to ACT. My OH job is on the baseline list for ACT and it is still marked as open so we are praying it will be on the SMP and hopefully on the new SOL but you never know!!

Hi,

My agent told me yesterday that they have been told it will be April.

Regards,

John:hug:

DIAC initially said that the list would probably be release in April, but would not become active until mid year.Although they didn't specify when mid-year was, most people assumed it would coincide with the new visa year.

DIAC initially said that the list would probably be release in April, but would not become active until mid year.Although they didn't specify when mid-year was, most people assumed it would coincide with the new visa year.

Ahhh ok so it means that the new SOL could be released in April along with the new SMP's however they MAY not take affect until mid year?

Hi,

I think this may be what my agent was going on about, but we will just wait and see.

John:hug:

Yeah maybe John - the waiting game it is!! our agent didnt mention anything to us but she usually doesnt unless it is written in stone - all she said was that GSM applications lodged before introduction of new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) DIAC has confirmed that any GSM application lodged between 9 February 2010 and the introduction of the new Skilled Occupation List (sometime mid-2010) will be assessed against the SOL in place at time of application (i.e. the current SOL... – not the new SOL). Details of the new SOL are expected to be released end April 2010.

So basically it will be released in April but UNTIL it comes into affect and if you lodge before the changes come into affect you will be assessed under the current system

Guest VickyMel

Hi All

Sorry no news on the migration plans - but bumping the thread to keep it up there and also have a related question.

Does anyone know the split in the number of SS applications by individual state.

I imagine some states approve a lot more applications than other states and I was just wondering what the split might look like

VickyMel

Hi All

Sorry no news on the migration plans - but bumping the thread to keep it up there and also have a related question.

Does anyone know the split in the number of SS applications by individual state.

I imagine some states approve a lot more applications than other states and I was just wondering what the split might look like

VickyMel

Hi VM

Not sure where you would get this figure from. I agree that some states will process more than others, but what their figures are I would not have a clue if they even produce this for the public to view.

I do know that QLD use to process lots, but since they reduced their list in July there was a dramatic drop in people joining the QLD SS thread suggesting a lot less SS applications to their state.

Tasha x

Hi All

VickyMel

Hello,

If you want I've created a survey where people can enter the state they have received sponsorship from. It wont be a true reflection of the exact numbers but can give a rough idea using the demographic of PIO members. You can broadcast the link elsewhere on the site if you'd like and we'll leave it active for a month. I'll post the results later including the numbers who participated.

Hello,

If you want I've created a survey where people can enter the state they have received sponsorship from. It wont be a true reflection of the exact numbers but can give a rough idea using the demographic of PIO members. You can broadcast the link elsewhere on the site if you'd like and we'll leave it active for a month. I'll post the results later including the numbers who participated.

Which State Survey

This is great, looking forward to seeing the results. Our SS App has only just gone in so can't take part.

Just one thing, have you missed out NT state on purpose, do they not sponsor? Just curious as new to all this really.

Claire

Hello,

Which State Survey

Thankyou so much for taking the time to set this up.....:GEEK:

Really great idea.....

I have added my vote & I will post the link on my 'WA-SS-where are you now' thread....:yes:

Hello,

Which State Survey

Excellent idea, cheers Afro Developer, will be interesting to see results :idea:

Jill (30), Sam (34) and William (16mnths),Agent appointed: 23 March 2009,ACS Skills Assessment: 7 July 2009,Positive Skills Assessment: 7 August 2009,SA SS Applied: 15 September 2009,All paperwork received by SA: 28 September 2009,SA SS Granted: 9 November 2009,475 Visa Application Submitted: 24 November 2009

Thankyou so much for taking the time to set this up.....:GEEK:

Really great idea.....

I have added my vote & I will post the link on my 'WA-SS-where are you now' thread....:yes:

Could you maybe put it on it's own thread? Just thinking if it appears on say WA thread and not VIC or ACT it may make it imbalanced.

Just a thought.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Afro Developer

Your idea of the website is a really good one.

If you could put the link into a new thread and explain what it is for etc, I will then put your thread into the "sticky" threads section, which will encourage PiO members to add their own details to it.

Cheers

Gill

Hello.

I've placed the survey on it's own thread. The survey has been modified with the request that those who've voted previously vote again. It's been changed to accommodate those that have been rejected as well as split into occupation categories.

The old link is retired so if anyone has it on there post could you please remove it to save confusion.

Cheers.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Afro Developer

Many thanks for producing your new thread so quickly. I have made it sticky, as promised.

Cheers

Gill

Guest archisami
Hi,

with best regards for every one,

two days without any post . . .!!

I'm afraid of this very very useful thread(specially for state sponsored applicants) is going to be forgotten.

So, please do not hesitate in sharing little little information,it would be vital for somebody.

ok,let's start . . . now regarding matjones good news we know that ACT IS going to have a SMP list full of occupations in Baselist and Offlist but it is one of the states/territories that hasn't declared when SMP will be released?(they didin't say mid of the year even)

any recent news?

(I read somewhere that Julianne O'Brien (client manager) is going to be in her office at ACT Skilled and Business Migration Business & Industry Development on march 1st,maybe she knows more . . .)

Hi,

As I saw no volunteer in the thread,I made a request for more information regarding the contents of the SMP and a guess for release .

I hope Ms Julianne respond it responsibly.

Hi,

As I saw no volunteer in the thread,I made a request for more information regarding the contents of the SMP and a guess for release .

I hope Ms Julianne respond it responsibly.

I have a few emails back and forth with Julianne since her return. Here is what she had to say:

At this stage, we are negotiating with DIAC about a state migration plan, but as it has to be signed off by the cabinet, it is not an easy process. It is likely to take at least 4-6 months to finalise. Once it is in place, we expect that all our sponsored clients will receive priority processing.

The State Migration Plan is a MOU between Immigration and my government. Trying to get anything negotiated and agreed between governments takes at least 4-6 months. We are hoping for a 1 July commencement date but who knows - I have a lot of work ahead of me!!

Archived