State Migration Plan-What states are saying?...

cartertucker

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wannabeoz

I'm not hopeful either - I'm not on the SOL and my occupation is a quota occupation which is now full!

Yeah, they've closed mine now aswell! I had resigned myself to waiting until 2012, but when there was the slightest glimmer of hope with the SMPs, I let my hopes get up again. Bugger!

Best to stay positive. Who knows what will happen next! We'll all get there eventually - just a question of whether we can jump up the priorities to get to Oz quicker.

Guest VickyMel

Bumping it for Clusterofgeals and his QLD query

But also to add that I have seen nothing new on the Victoria SMPs

Victoria have changed their SS 176 skills list - but there did not seem many changes on it so it is unlikely to be a reflection of the SMP in the pipeline. Scarily this new list came out in April but is dated Jul09. I wonder if that is when they started it - if so then VIC SS folks may have a long wait for the SMP list! - Hopefully not.

VickyMel

Anybody heard anything from WA????

Not heard anything yet, but I am hoping that WA stick to their guns and stand by their State Sponsorship list to be their SMP. I got the impression they didn't like to be told how to run their state.

John:hug:

Guest Wannabeoz

I just hope the fed govt allows the states to have some say in what is on their SMP, and all their interfering doesn't delay the SMPs like the new SOL. I think us with state sponsorship deserve some certainty at last, and we deserve some priority again, as a state says we're in demand! Probably said this a million times before I know!!!!

Guest Violet S

I hope they will process those whose skills already been removed but granted SS. Or else, we will be replaced by the new SOL version 1 then followed by version x and we will never get to be there... :goofy:

Guest ian & jo

Here's hoping!!!! Fingers (& everything else crossed) for some good news soon, we definately need it!!! Come on WA Make it good news for all us tradies (especially plumbers), you know you need us!!!:yes:

Ian & Jo

XXX

Guest archisami

Hi,

I read somewhere that after new SOL announcement the existing CSL would be over.

Is it a logical conclusion to say that without CSL and it's 3 relating categories ( category 2,3 & 4) other categories jump up 3 steps? and if this happens why should we be waiting for SMPs?

Hi,

I read somewhere that after new SOL announcement the existing CSL would be over.

Is it a logical conclusion to say that without CSL and it's 3 relating categories ( category 2,3 & 4) other categories jump up 3 steps? and if this happens why should we be waiting for SMPs?

Cat2 is not related to CSL at all.. Cat 2 is purely for the SMP.

Temporary Suspension of NSW Sponsorship for Some Skilled Migration Visa Classes

On 7 May 2010, the Australian Government announced that it would temporarily suspend the acceptance of applications in some offshore visa classes until 30 June 2010. These visa classes include:

• Skilled Sponsored 176 visa
  • Skilled Regional Sponsored 475 visa

As a result of this decision, Industry & Investment NSW will not accept applications for NSW sponsorship in these visa classes until after 1 July 2010. The Australian Government has not suspended visa applications in the following onshore visa classes:

• Skilled Sponsored 886 visa
  • Skilled Regional Sponsored 487 visa

Industry & Investment NSW will continue to accept applications for NSW sponsorship in these onshore visa classes.

Guest VickyMel

Victoria are also suspending SS applications until July.

https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/about-us/news/2010/temporary-suspension-of-certain-general-skilled-migration-gsm-visas

Temporary Suspension of Certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) Visas

12 May 2010

On 7 May 2010 the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced its decision to temporarily suspend processing of certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa applications. This includes the following visa subclasses:

• Subclass 175 – Skilled Independent (Migrant) visa
  • Subclass 176 – Skilled Sponsored (Migrant) visa
  • Subclass 475 – Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa.

Processing of certain State sponsorship applications by the Victorian Government is affected by the suspension to visa processing. If you currently have a sponsorship application in process, please read the information below.

• No further offshore sponsorship applications will be accepted until 1 July 2010.
  • If your sponsorship application is in process, and you have not lodged a visa application, the application will remain in process however a decision will not be made at this time. You will be advised of any change to this situation and it is requested that you do not enquire on the progress of your application.
  • If you lodged your visa application with DIAC prior to 8 May 2010 however did not include this information in your sponsorship application, you should advise the Skilled and Business Migration Program by 21 May 2010. No further information will be accepted after this date.
  • Onshore sponsorship applications will continue to be processed as normal.

The Skilled and Business Migration will be unable to answer queries regarding the suspension of visa applications and would advise you to contact DIAC if you have any questions.

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Go Matilda's current understanding of the context of the Migration Plans, and how they will be applied.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I looked at this today and then looked at the ENSOL list. It appears that there could be potentially a hell of a lot of occupations on the SMP's. Is that correct ?

We have SS form WA and my OH is a Cook, so according to the existing list for ENSOL, we could be on the SMP.

Guest VickyMel

Just did exactly the same thing as I knew OH other potential occupation was only on ENSOL and I was getting excited! Then saw that there are loads of occupations on the current ENSOL

"2. Occupations that will be approved are likely to include those that appear on the Employer Nomination Skilled Occupations List (the ENSOL). This is likely to be a broader list than the awaited Skilled Occupations List. "

I imagine this must mean there will be a new ENSOL list coming out somewhere down the line as well - or maybe the states are only able to include occupations on the ENSOL within their selection of occupations on their state specific SMP - interesting but as Alan says probably wasting out energy speculating too much... we wait and see

VickyMel

I think we must all await further details John.

Speculation is pointless at this stage, and may lead to unrealistic expectations.

Best regards.

Yeah your right Alan. Lets see what the next month or so brings. Still like to focus on my dreams though.

Cheers,

Just did exactly the same thing as I knew OH other potential occupation was only on ENSOL and I was getting excited! Then saw that there are loads of occupations on the current ENSOL

"2. Occupations that will be approved are likely to include those that appear on the Employer Nomination Skilled Occupations List (the ENSOL). This is likely to be a broader list than the awaited Skilled Occupations List. "

I imagine this must mean there will be a new ENSOL list coming out somewhere down the line as well - or maybe the states are only able to include occupations on the ENSOL within their selection of occupations on their state specific SMP - interesting but as Alan says probably wasting out energy speculating too much... we wait and see

VickyMel

I am just hoping that the states SMP's are going to include all the occupations that they have already sponsored. After all they have already said through agreeing to sponsor, that they need these occupations.

Yours Hopefully,

Yes, I agree. It would be a good outcome for many if individuals that have already been sponsored for a subclass 176 visa by a State or Territory Government (or who have applications already lodged) can simply transition to a STMP application and priority category number 2 if their occupation appears in the relevant State's or Territory's STMP.

Keep faith!

Best regards.

Archived