State Migration Plan-What states are saying?...

cartertucker

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes.. patience is something I have very little of right now.

Thanks for letting us know although I wish it was preponed :wink:

Anyway, come to think of it, the delay seems to be DIAC, as usual, for not making the rules of the game clear to the States when the concept of SMP was established.

Guest perfectstranger

Email from ACT -

Hi everyone. Greetings from Canberra

I have attached the latest newsletter for Canberra in June. We have been extremely busy in the last month preparing for the Immigration changes that occur on July 1 – however, thanks to jenny I am actually able to send the June Newsletter in the right month.

For those of you who are eagerly awaiting news of the State Migration Plan on July 1, I am sad to report that the announcement of the Plan has been delayed. We are now working to a 1 August start date.

As soon as I know what is happening and the impact that the Plan will have on priority processing times, I will let you all know

In the meantime stay safe, enjoy reading the newsletter and I look forward to being able to welcome you to Canberra in the ‘near’ future

Regards

Email from ACT -

Hi everyone. Greetings from Canberra

I have attached the latest newsletter for Canberra in June. We have been extremely busy in the last month preparing for the Immigration changes that occur on July 1 – however, thanks to jenny I am actually able to send the June Newsletter in the right month.

For those of you who are eagerly awaiting news of the State Migration Plan on July 1, I am sad to report that the announcement of the Plan has been delayed. We are now working to a 1 August start date.

As soon as I know what is happening and the impact that the Plan will have on priority processing times, I will let you all know

In the meantime stay safe, enjoy reading the newsletter and I look forward to being able to welcome you to Canberra in the ‘near’ future

Regards

:mad::sad:

I just sent an email to Julianne in ACT asking whether August 1st was when they hoped to give the Minister the proposed ACT SMP or whether August 1st was when they hoped the Minister to approve the ACT SMP. I heard a few weeks ago from another source that ACT had been 'efficient' in the delivery of their plan so I suspect the delay is with DIAC rather than ACT. I'm guessing that means SMPs from the other states will also be delayed.

More waiting. Come to think of it, I don't think DIAC have met a deadline once in the whole time I've been waiting for my visa!

:mad:

Michael.

I just sent an email to Julianne in ACT asking whether August 1st was when they hoped to give the Minister the proposed ACT SMP or whether August 1st was when they hoped the Minister to approve the ACT SMP. I heard a few weeks ago from another source that ACT had been 'efficient' in the delivery of their plan so I suspect the delay is with DIAC rather than ACT. I'm guessing that means SMPs from the other states will also be delayed.

More waiting. Come to think of it, I don't think DIAC have met a deadline once in the whole time I've been waiting for my visa!

Michael.

I am guessing that the delay with all the states is from DIAC's side. No surprises here though !!! Just wondering if this was intentional or just out of the blue.

To add to the ACT information suggesting a 1 August start date, NSW has advised that whatever is going to happen on the SMP front will be "later in the year". Also now clear that every state will be sponsoring up to a specified number of places:

NSW Skills in Demand Lists

The NSW Migration website now

contains lists of skills NSW will sponsor

from 1 July 2010 for the Skilled

Sponsored (176/886) and Skilled

Regional Sponsored (475/487) visas.

These lists are based on occupations

on the Commonwealth Government’s

new Skilled Occupation List.

There may be a small number of

additional occupations added to these

lists later in the year from occupations

not on the new Skilled Occupation List

if agreement can be reached with the

Commonwealth Government on the

terms of a NSW State Migration Plan.

NSW has been allocated a specified

number of places in the 2010/11

skilled migration program and lists may

have to be amended during the

program year if thresholds are reached

or if the employment market in NSW

changes.

Guest dragsterwish
To add to the ACT information suggesting a 1 August start date, NSW has advised that whatever is going to happen on the SMP front will be "later in the year". Also now clear that every state will be sponsoring up to a specified number of places:

QUOTE]

Hi George, thanks for sharing. As of now, most of the info about SMP seems to be pertaining to new applicants for SS/SMP. Is there any update about the fate of those who already have SS & have submitted their 176 application?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Guest bcfrug

Yeh id like to know the same question.

What will happen to people who already have been granted SS??????????

Any ideas George?

Hi George, thanks for sharing. As of now, most of the info about SMP seems to be pertaining to new applicants for SS/SMP. Is there any update about the fate of those who already have SS & have submitted their 176 application?

Dragsterwish: The information regarding the SMP is pertinent to those who already have SS. It is the content of the SMP which could move people with SS from Priority 5 to Priority 2, meaning faster processing times. Hence all the anxiety.

Dragsterwish: The information regarding the SMP is pertinent to those who already have SS. It is the content of the SMP which could move people with SS from Priority 5 to Priority 2, meaning faster processing times. Hence all the anxiety.

I am hoping that all who are in Priority 5 will move up to Priority 2 or at least Priority 3 and hopefully P5 will not exist anymore...

Is this wishful thinking on my behalf??? Probably!!!:rolleyes:

This is what "I" hope for with priorities!!!

P1 - ENS

P2 - SMP

P3 - SOL & SS

P4 - SOL

It surely makes sense to have people who have SS before people who are only on the SOL without SS? Otherwise, what a waste of time and effort for the states giving out SS in the first place...

Good luck to everyone waiting... Not long now!

Cheers

Tasha :hug:

Guest archisami

Michael.

Hi Michael,

as we are in the same boat,please let us know their respond to your email.

thank you

archisami

I am hoping that all who are in Priority 5 will move up to Priority 2 or at least Priority 3 and hopefully P5 will not exist anymore...

Is this wishful thinking on my behalf??? Probably!!!:rolleyes:

This is what "I" hope for with priorities!!!

P1 - ENS

P2 - SMP

P3 - SOL & SS

P4 - SOL

It surely makes sense to have people who have SS before people who are only on the SOL without SS? Otherwise, what a waste of time and effort for the states giving out SS in the first place...

Good luck to everyone waiting... Not long now!

Cheers

Tasha :hug:

Hi Tasha

I wish let it be as your assumption!!! Then it wont be too long of waiting!!

Lets hope for the best... :yes:

Guest dragsterwish

Hi Matjones, tks for sharing. What i meant is that there is already some info about new applicant for SMP in that SMP sponsored skill list must be drawn from the Schedule 4 list of occupations for new applicants (am i right?).

But so far no news at all about those who already have SS. i.e. need to re-apply for SMP?

Yup, agree with you that the content is causing much anxiety. Though right now, the anxiety is caused by the uncertainty about the release DATE for the SMP.... only Northern Territory has officially set a target date on their website. And its 1st July tomorrow! How about the rest of the States??

To the rest of the States : C'mon and commit to a date for the release of the SMP, pls!

Hi Matjones, tks for sharing. What i meant is that there is already some info about new applicant for SMP in that SMP sponsored skill list must be drawn from the Schedule 4 list of occupations for new applicants (am i right?).

The SMP will allow states to choose occupations that are NOT listed on the new SOL.

Yup, agree with you that the content is causing much anxiety. Though right now, the anxiety is caused by the uncertainty about the release DATE for the SMP.... only Northern Territory has officially set a target date on their website. And its 1st July tomorrow! How about the rest of the States??

ACT has said theirs will be released August 1st. They also told me they expect all their SS applicants to be moved to new priority 2.

Archived