State Migration Plan-What states are saying?...

cartertucker

Guest HoriFTC
Hi Matjones, tks for sharing. What i meant is that there is already some info about new applicant for SMP in that SMP sponsored skill list must be drawn from the Schedule 4 list of occupations for new applicants (am i right?).

But so far no news at all about those who already have SS. i.e. need to re-apply for SMP?

Yup, agree with you that the content is causing much anxiety. Though right now, the anxiety is caused by the uncertainty about the release DATE for the SMP.... only Northern Territory has officially set a target date on their website. And its 1st July tomorrow! How about the rest of the States??

To the rest of the States : C'mon and commit to a date for the release of the SMP, pls!

Victoria says that their SMP will be in place no earlier than August 2010:

Temporary Suspension of Certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) Visas - Live in Victoria

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ACT has said theirs will be released August 1st. They also told me they expect all their SS applicants to be moved to new priority 2.

I hope DIAC approves the same

Julianne at ACT said that this is what she has been "led to believe" which implies that there has been some discussion with DIAC.

My present understanding based on conversations I have had is that:

* Those with "old style" subclass 176 visa sponsorship will not automatically transition to the higher priority SMP sponsorship.

* As such those who wish to be pushed up the processing pecking order will be required to seek sponsorship again, once the SMPs are published.

* It remains to be seen whether DIAC will allow sponsorship under a SMP to replace "old style" sponsorship on subclass 176 visa applications that are already lodged.

* It appears that subclass 176 visa applications supported by "old style" sponsorship will not be possible once the SMPs are in issue. Hence the SA Government's communication of earlier today requiring all visa applications with old style sponsorship to be submitted before 07/07/2010 (I will write an article for Go Matilda News discussing this later today).

This appears to stem from the Department of Immigration's use of quotas within the SMP sponsorship regime to control the number of applications under this higher priority category.

I hasten to add that in the absence of published material from DIAC I can only interpret what I am hearing, but I hope the above gives some direction in the fog of confusion that currently exists.

Best regards.

Guest VickyMel
I am hoping that all who are in Priority 5 will move up to Priority 2 or at least Priority 3 and hopefully P5 will not exist anymore...

Is this wishful thinking on my behalf??? Probably!!!:rolleyes:

This is what "I" hope for with priorities!!!

P1 - ENS

P2 - SMP

P3 - SOL & SS

P4 - SOL

It surely makes sense to have people who have SS before people who are only on the SOL without SS? Otherwise, what a waste of time and effort for the states giving out SS in the first place...

Good luck to everyone waiting... Not long now!

Cheers

Tasha :hug:

P1 - ENS

P2 - SMP

P3 - SOL & SS

P4 - SS

P5 - SOL

Please Oh please DIAC put SS only prior to SOL - otherwise I think I am going to be way down the priorities. I am really hoping that we don't just become some obsolete category that gets forgotten and slips further and further down the priority lists.

Good luck all - although it looks like we need to wait a while longer....

How I hate this continual waiting to see if we will every get anywhere!

VickyMel

* Those with "old style" subclass 176 visa sponsorship will not automatically transition to the higher priority SMP sponsorship.

* As such those who wish to be pushed up the processing pecking order will be required to seek sponsorship again, once the SMPs are published.

* It remains to be seen whether DIAC will allow sponsorship under a SMP to replace "old style" sponsorship on subclass 176 visa applications that are already lodged.

* It appears that subclass 176 visa applications supported by "old style" sponsorship will not be possible once the SMPs are in issue. Hence the SA Government's communication of earlier today requiring all visa applications with old style sponsorship to be submitted before 07/07/2010 (I will write an article for Go Matilda News discussing this later today).

This appears to stem from the Department of Immigration's use of quotas within the SMP sponsorship regime to control the number of applications under this higher priority category.

I hasten to add that in the absence of published material from DIAC I can only interpret what I am hearing, but I hope the above gives some direction in the fog of confusion that currently exists.

Best regards.

hi guys,

thanks for your thoughts alan , i had an idea this would happen,

'LEAP FROGED'

Best regards.

Hi Allan , thanks for the feedback. Does this apply to the 475 rss visa too do you think?

Michelle

P1 - ENS

P2 - SMP

P3 - SOL & SS

P4 - SS

P5 - SOL

Please Oh please DIAC put SS only prior to SOL - otherwise I think I am going to be way down the priorities. I am really hoping that we don't just become some obsolete category that gets forgotten and slips further and further down the priority lists.

Good luck all - although it looks like we need to wait a while longer....

How I hate this continual waiting to see if we will every get anywhere!

VickyMel

Hi VM

Yes, I forgot those who have SS but are now not on the new SOL. I am hoping those of you will be on the new SMP and if not perhaps could apply for the off list nomination!

I do hope you dont get forgotten in all of this... At the end of the day, you were on the SOL and you did get SS so you must mean something somewhere and your application has already been lodged!

Good luck hun :hug:

Tasha x

Guest archisami

Although DIAC has done whatever that no one could expect in the last year,I think it doesn't make sense for the states to push all their sponsored applicants reapply for SMP priority in some reasons:

1- There is no rule for reassessing fee(just for to be or not to be in SMP) and they will receive no more money while this huge number of applicants' documents need too many guys and take so much time to be process again.

2-Each applicant submited some certificates that have been assessed by relative Australian authorities with validation time that might be expired by now. Although it's applicant problem to prepare it again, it takes time while the states always declare that we count on sponsored skilled workers in right time not in 2012.

3-It seems that the most important criteria for DIAC in each case is the occupation whether it is in demand for Australian society or not, this is what the states should persuade DIAC in the SMP undoubtedly.So if the nominated occupation of an "old style" sponsored applicant is on SMP,which vital criteria should be reassess again?

I am not an an expert but I am sure they see the matters more logical,at least I wish ACT would.

Guest bcfrug

I Guess its not what people with SS Grants in their hand were hoping for but there are still so many questions.

What if one has "already been granted SS and their occupation is on the new SMP".

Will they still have to re apply for SMP or will they even be allowed apply for SMP on their application or could they be forced to re submit a brand new visa application.

Will the SMP be much larger than the SOL or are they practically the same thing.

Im so fed up with the whole thing now as is everyone.

Here is my scenario. If someone has the same occupation as me and only applies after the new SMP is announced. They could be granted SMP and Granted their visa before me possibly, although i applied long before them. If they dont let us with SS Approvals re apply for SMP or if they dont transfer our approvals to SMP approvals there will be a lot of wasted applications.

Any thoughs on this.

I Guess its not what people with SS Grants in their hand were hoping for but there are still so many questions.

What if one has "already been granted SS and their occupation is on the new SMP".

Will they still have to re apply for SMP or will they even be allowed apply for SMP on their application or could they be forced to re submit a brand new visa application.

Will the SMP be much larger than the SOL or are they practically the same thing.

Im so fed up with the whole thing now as is everyone.

Here is my scenario. If someone has the same occupation as me and only applies after the new SMP is announced. They could be granted SMP and Granted their visa before me possibly, although i applied long before them. If they dont let us with SS Approvals re apply for SMP or if they dont transfer our approvals to SMP approvals there will be a lot of wasted applications.

Any thoughs on this.

Actually, in my opinion, the states are not the ones who would like added work. They may consider the reapply if DIAC enforces it. They may ask the applicants who already have state sponsorship to provide the letter of sponosrship and on that basis may consider SMP. The new applicants will also have to apply for an SMP providing all documents which we have already done and will therefore take longer to process. Having said that, this is my assumption and nothing more.

I think that SMP will be different than the SS list .SMP is not a simple list of occupations, it may have some other requirements like English language , work experience and age ...In other words your occupation may be in the new SMP but with some new obligations ...and then you need to reapply if you satisfy the new requirements otherwise you stand in the same position:no:

It's just a speculation ... I hope I am wrong....

Fingers crossed ....good luck for all

:hug:

Guest dragsterwish
Although DIAC has done whatever that no one could expect in the last year,I think it doesn't make sense for the states to push all their sponsored applicants reapply for SMP priority in some reasons:

1- There is no rule for reassessing fee(just for to be or not to be in SMP) and they will receive no more money while this huge number of applicants' documents need too many guys and take so much time to be process again.

2-Each applicant submited some certificates that have been assessed by relative Australian authorities with validation time that might be expired by now. Although it's applicant problem to prepare it again, it takes time while the states always declare that we count on sponsored skilled workers in right time not in 2012.

3-It seems that the most important criteria for DIAC in each case is the occupation whether it is in demand for Australian society or not, this is what the states should persuade DIAC in the SMP undoubtedly.So if the nominated occupation of an "old style" sponsored applicant is on SMP,which vital criteria should be reassess again?

I am not an an expert but I am sure they see the matters more logical,at least I wish ACT would.

Sadly, DIAC is not known to enact policies that make sense all the time... proven time again...

Guest dragsterwish
I think that SMP will be different than the SS list .SMP is not a simple list of occupations, it may have some other requirements like English language , work experience and age ...In other words your occupation may be in the new SMP but with some new obligations ...and then you need to reapply if you satisfy the new requirements otherwise you stand in the same position:no:

It's just a speculation ... I hope I am wrong....

Fingers crossed ....good luck for all

Just found this website from someone who posted:

joboutlook.gov.au

I refer to the Northern Territory' requirement to have "obtained positive employment prospect" for the SMP applicant. Do you think the result from this website (a govt info site) would suffice?

I've appended a sample job outlook search for your reference. It says "Job Prospect - Good"

Architectural, Building & Surveying Technicians

Overview

Architectural, Building & Surveying Technicians perform technical functions to assist Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors by supervising and inspecting construction sites, estimating time, costs and resources, inspecting plumbing work, and collecting and evaluating survey data and preparing maps and plans.

Tasks

This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.

• assisting Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors in planning and organisation

• interpreting plans, regulations and codes of practice

• preparing preliminary sketches, working drawings and specifications

• preparing, editing and revising plans, maps, charts and drawings

• coordinating works programs

• inspecting work and materials for compliance with specifications, regulations and standards

• calculating costs and estimating time scales

• collecting data using surveying instruments and photogrammetric equipment

• performing routine computations and plotting preliminary data

Job Titles

• Architectural Draftsperson

• Building Associate

• Building Inspector

• Construction Estimator

• Plumbing Inspector

• Surveying or Cartographic Technician

Just found this website from someone who posted:

joboutlook.gov.au

I refer to the Northern Territory' requirement to have "obtained positive employment prospect" for the SMP applicant. Do you think the result from this website (a govt info site) would suffice?

I've appended a sample job outlook search for your reference. It says "Job Prospect - Good"

Architectural, Building & Surveying Technicians

Overview

Architectural, Building & Surveying Technicians perform technical functions to assist Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors by supervising and inspecting construction sites, estimating time, costs and resources, inspecting plumbing work, and collecting and evaluating survey data and preparing maps and plans.

Tasks

This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.

• assisting Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors in planning and organisation

• interpreting plans, regulations and codes of practice

• preparing preliminary sketches, working drawings and specifications

• preparing, editing and revising plans, maps, charts and drawings

• coordinating works programs

• inspecting work and materials for compliance with specifications, regulations and standards

• calculating costs and estimating time scales

• collecting data using surveying instruments and photogrammetric equipment

• performing routine computations and plotting preliminary data

Job Titles

• Architectural Draftsperson

• Building Associate

• Building Inspector

• Construction Estimator

• Plumbing Inspector

• Surveying or Cartographic Technician

Thanks dragsterwish for the information

I am an architectural associate and had my sponsorship from WA .I am just wondering if job prospects for architectural technicians are good and the unemployement rate is not high why architectural associate is not on the new Sol. It seems that everything does not make sense :goofy:

I think that NT means by "obtained positive employement prospects" that you should send your CV and based on it they will assess it you have good employement prospects or not ...This is just what I am thinking

I am hoping that the next few days will bring us some good news:notworthy:

Good luck for all !!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sadomira

Best regards.

I dont agree with you about that current applicants for 176 holding ss for occupations falling into the SMP will not attain their 2nd priority as all applicants will be affected negatively by the priority processing even those who were in the final stages . If you have a definite proof it would be kind of you to provide it

Thank you

I dont agree with you about that current applicants for 176 holding ss for occupations falling into the SMP will not attain their 2nd priority as all applicants will be affected negatively by the priority processing even those who were in the final stages . If you have a definite proof it would be kind of you to provide it

Thank you

This is a fluid situation, and you are quoting from my post of 3+ weeks ago.

Best regards.

Hi,

Just off the phone to WA migration and the lady who answered the call, who was very helpful, told me that there would definitely be no release of the WA SMP until at least after the federal election. She told me that they now expect it to be released at the end of September, but it may be out before hand. She refused to comment on the details of who would be in the SMP. I also asked about existing SS holders and again she could not comment and I was referred to monitoring the website. She was very helpful and very understanding when I pointed out that people would not treat dogs the way the Australian government are treating us.

It is still a goal of mine to live and work in WA, so I will take this as yet another low blow by a guttless Australian government and in the true spirit of the British, Soldier on !!!!

Yours, remaining positive,

John

Guest JohnnyL

Hi,

I just got a reply from ACT on a question about the release date of the SMP. I guess we're in for a bit more waiting. :arghh:

Dear Johnny,

Due to the federal election being called at the weekend the ACT State Migration Plan (SMP) will not now be published any earlier than September 2010.

I cannot at this time advise you what occupations will be on the SMP when finalised.

Regards

Hi,

I just got a reply from ACT on a question about the release date of the SMP. I guess we're in for a bit more waiting. :arghh:

Dear Johnny,

Due to the federal election being called at the weekend the ACT State Migration Plan (SMP) will not now be published any earlier than September 2010.

I cannot at this time advise you what occupations will be on the SMP when finalised.

Regards

i too have just received a similar response from ACT.

Guest jumbojet

We are also ACT state-sponsored....so in for some more waiting.....I cannot believe how this process has become so warped and direction-less in the last few months....

Hopefully we still end up on the SMP!!!

Guest Sahaja

Hi everyone,

Yesterday,a couple friend of mine received the news of approval of sponsorship from WA. But they can only apply to DIAC after leaving the list of WA.

They have the ASCO code 2231-79.

How is everyone holding up? The new priority processing freaked me out for a bit but I am calm again now and just waiting for the SMP's to be released. I just wish they could choose a date and stick with it. The election makes me nervous because of the uncertainty of it all and the implications for all of us would-be migrants.

Archived