State Migration Plan-What states are saying?...

cartertucker

Guest garynhelen

Not too long to wait now (hopefully)!

Hoping that welfare workers get on WA SMP. The above post is encouraging as we're not on new sol either and while that doesn't affect our already lodged application, it is still a cause for concern re cap n kill bill.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest garynhelen

Not too long to wait now (hopefully)!

Hoping that welfare workers get on WA SMP. The above post is encouraging as we're not on new sol either and while that doesn't affect our already lodged application, it is still a cause for concern re cap n kill bill.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bcfrug
Alternatively, waiting for the SMPs is like waiting for the number 19 bus ... you wait for what seems like forever, and then several come along at the same time ...

Best wishes to all who are waiting.

Hi Alan,

Can you maybe help me with a question please.

Your opinion would be much appreciated.

I currently have been granted SS to WA.(Fitter). I have changed my Visa Application from 176/5.

My occupation is not on the new SOL.

My occupation was on the old State Sponsership list.

Im currently in Cat 5 processiong.

What do you feel will happen to people who have been granted SS and who are on the new SMP???

What do you feel will happen to people who have been granted SS and are not on the new SMP???

I really look forward to your vies on this.

Kind Regards:biggrin:

Hello bcfrug.

My thoughts can only be conjecture, so it is probably best if I say nothing ... I don't want to raise or dash your hopes, when what I might say could easily be incorrect.

Try not to get too worked up - it won't help your case.

Best regards.

Guest bcfrug
Hello bcfrug.

My thoughts can only be conjecture, so it is probably best if I say nothing ... I don't want to raise or dash your hopes, when what I might say could easily be incorrect.

Try not to get too worked up - it won't help your case.

Best regards.

Ahhhh Alan,

I know its only your opinion and thats all i will take it as. I wont hold is a gospel but im interested to hear your views on it.

Pleeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeee advise.

I have been in contact with DIAC and South Aus in last few days, DIAC said smps are still not finalised and do not know which occupations will be on smp and if each state will have a plan and they cannot say how each application will be affected! Also said if occ is on new sol but not on SMP then will get some priority and move to cat 4. I heard from SA this morning who said they are not privy to the SMP and what it will contain but to keep eye on their website. They are all passin the buck at the moment, either the list is nowhere near ready or someone knows and is keepin it under their hat till D Day!! We all have to be patient, if SAs smp is anything like NSWs then cat 4 looks like likely processing we gona get but hoping I am bloody wrong!!!!

Guest dragsterwish

Thanks Rainyc. Their reply leaves us with lots of doubts as usual. The only wish i have now is for either DIAC or the States to clearly declare WHEN would the SMP would ready. At least there is clear date to countdown to. Guess its a wishful thought of mine....

It annoys the hell out of me all this...:arghh:

The DIAC and also the states must have all been briefed on whats going to be happening on the 1st of July, as its only a few days away... so why do they have to be so secretive about it all?

It does worry me when they are secretive!:err:

Tasha

It annoys the hell out of me all this...:arghh:

The DIAC and also the states must have all been briefed on whats going to be happening on the 1st of July, as its only a few days away... so why do they have to be so secretive about it all?

It does worry me when they are secretive!:err:

Tasha

To be honest, I don't think the states are secretive. It is just that there is a big confusion on SMP and other State Sponsorship. Besides, the State's SMPs are not yet finalized. The Government wants a plan in place but they have not conveyed their intentions on how the implementation is to happen. Unfortunately, the states cannot tell you this but it is quite obvious.

Guest Sahaja

Hi guys,

Just a curiosity ...

I do not understand why the states are going to make a new list, if the last list was made in April ... it is possible that the demand of occupations has changed in just three months?

We have to remember that there was no official announcement anywhere that said we were definitely going to hear anything by July 1st. Some state speculated that would be the date, probably because of the start of the new visa year, but nothing has been set in stone. Don't be surprised if we hear nothing at all!

We have to remember that there was no official announcement anywhere that said we were definitely going to hear anything by July 1st. Some state speculated that would be the date, probably because of the start of the new visa year, but nothing has been set in stone. Don't be surprised if we hear nothing at all!

Hi Mat

Personally I am hoping we dont hear anything from the states on the 1st of July (as I dont think QLD will have my OH trade on it anyway and after speaking to QLD they were of the same opinion!). I am hoping without the SMP in place this will leave a doorway of opportunity for the Category 5 people to get their applications looked at.

What I was really meaning was how the SMP and SS will be dealt with. For example, if we are on the SMP does this mean we have to apply again or will we just move across automatically? If we are not on the new SMP but have SS where does that leave us. The states dont seem to have the answer to this, but surely the DIAC must know already.

For me now its all about the priorities we will fall into and if that priority is one that is going to be processed or left to rot!

Not much longer til we find out the fate of our applications!

Cheers and good luck,

Tasha

Hi Mat

Personally I am hoping we dont hear anything from the states on the 1st of July (as I dont think QLD will have my OH trade on it anyway and after speaking to QLD they were of the same opinion!). I am hoping without the SMP in place this will leave a doorway of opportunity for the Category 5 people to get their applications looked at.

What I was really meaning was how the SMP and SS will be dealt with. For example, if we are on the SMP does this mean we have to apply again or will we just move across automatically? If we are not on the new SMP but have SS where does that leave us. The states dont seem to have the answer to this, but surely the DIAC must know already.

For me now its all about the priorities we will fall into and if that priority is one that is going to be processed or left to rot!

Not much longer til we find out the fate of our applications!

Cheers and good luck,

Tasha

Yeah... I really hope its sooner rather than later. I just want to know if its going to be 6 months or 3 years. I have other plans if its going to be the latter.

I agree.. so far there hasn't been any announcement regarding SMP's release on 1st July. Since DIAC will restart acceptng new applicants effective 1st July and the fact that you cannot change from one visa to another (I read this in a post written by one of the agents), everyone will wait for the SMPs release. So far, ACT and one of the other states (I think it is WA) have said that their SMP will be released effective 15th July.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi matjones

You are right. Melbournegirlinny on here is a lady called Sandra. She is an Aussie from birth and she is an Aussie-qualified solicitor & barrister. Her legal training was one of the very best that Australia can offer - Monash University followed by Freehills, which is a huge, internationally well-known firm of solicitors that is very difficult to get into.

Sandra spoke with Beth Bull in NSW last night. Sandra was told that NSW are trying to reach agreement with DIAC about a State Migration Plan for NSW but they are nowhere near agreement and Ms Bull (a) has no idea how long the negotiations might take; or (v) whether or not NSW will produce an SMP at all in the end.

One of our other members spoke with the State Migration Centre in WA last night as well. S/he was told much the same thing. The staff at the WA SMC say that nothing is likely to happen before 15th July and at the moment they are not sure about whether anything will happen then.

It sounds to me as if DIAC and at least some of the State Governments (maybe all 8 of them) are in a state of deadlock, with neither side willing to concede points that the other side considers to be vital. If the State Governments refuse to budge, the Minister won't get his SMPs. The employers will scream at their State Governments but they can easily be told who to scream at in DIAC instead.....

Cheers

Gill

Guest KatyNick

So in other words 'stalemate'. This is horrendous ... DIAC are leaving us all in limbo.

My OH is a skilled man - First Class Welder, his skill needed in WA and we are no further forward than we were over a year ago!!!!! :arghh::arghh:

Guest grooovy
I was wondering the same thing too. That would make me feel so much better!

Hi!

Here is the quote from ACT in regards to their SMP, I got 2 weeks ago:

The SMP should be announced mid July – at this stage

Archived