Guest guest36187

12 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Did you send copy of AoS approval to pvcteam  as they require you to do this. Then maybe explain your problem when you se

Hope it work but i think pvc wont accept that :(( i just dont know how they can type wrong the name and still can notify the approved or rejected to pvc team .hope everything will be fine

2 hours ago, AliQ said:

Yes, they will refund if the flight does not go or travel is banned, but it's a gamble as by August, who knows !
We've changed the date of our travel (free of charge at the moment) as it's too big a gamble for us, can't afford to lose that money.

My flight is mid June so will wait a bit longer

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Can you change date for later in the year maybe best option. Everything changes daily and rapidly so they may let you cancel eventually. Qantas gave me a credit voucher for full amount valid until Mar next year 

With BA we can change dates without additional cost, but only within a 12 months window from the date we originally booked. And unfortunately we have already changed date once (due to our house sale) and we now only have a few weeks of this window left. So, not really any point now, but I do think we may be able to make a claim on our insurance. I also noticed BA has has quadrupled the price in the last week. I guess we just have to be thankful we still feel healthy at the moment and spare a thought for others not so.   

• Like 1

Is it true that it is only permanent residents that are now being allowed into Australia - ie people with various visitor visas like e651 and 600 are now being denied  entry? 

That should make it easier for everybody’s insurance claim if that true?  I don’t want to go now - flight is mid June 

13 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Is it true that it is only permanent residents that are now being allowed into Australia - ie people with various visitor visas like e651 and 600 are now being denied  entry? 

That should make it easier for everybody’s insurance claim if that true?  I don’t want to go now - flight is mid June 

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-19/coronavirus-non-resident-travel-ban-australia/12071640?pfmredir=sm

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

You must arrive in Australia by the required initial entry date to validate the 143 visa.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

With travel restrictions just right now, would newly granted 143 visa holders be entitled to travel for validation? 

Hi All,

I think @Alan Collett already mentioned about this but for everyone who are planning to lodge a 870 long stay parent visa before applying for 143 should read the latest update in the auto  response from the parents mailbox.

My interpretation is that if you apply for 870 or have an 870 prior to applying for 143 (if thats what someone is willing to do) then you are not eligible, people who have already applied for 143 and have an acknowledgement from the dha would not be affected.

image.png.cae7680b606ad7e1cd637e62a0a107b9.png

20 minutes ago, Anks said:

Hi All,

I think @Alan Collett already mentioned about this but for everyone who are planning to lodge a 870 long stay parent visa before applying for 143 should read the latest update in the auto  response from the parents mailbox.

My interpretation is that if you apply for 870 or have an 870 prior to applying for 143 (if thats what someone is willing to do) then you are not eligible, people who have already applied for 143 and have an acknowledgement from the dha would not be affected.

image.png.cae7680b606ad7e1cd637e62a0a107b9.png

Yes, that's right - there's what is called a Schedule 1 (equals time of application) requirement whereby the holder of an 870 visa cannot apply for the other parent visas.

That doesn't stop people applying for the 870 visa and a 143 concurrently - but what you can't do is lodge the 870 application, have the 870 visa granted, and then apply for a 143 .

I've written a blog on this too, at the Go Matilda Parent Visas website.

Best regards.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Can’t believe I’m actually sat here relieved I’ve not had visa grant yet! What a sad sad state of affairs for our world 😞

I really don’t want it for about 3 months now.☹️

I think it’s best to have your visa in your hand, I’m sure there will be a date extension if it goes on for months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Captain Jack said:

Hi guys I am new to this forum I applied for my parents visa I make a mistake on her date of birth and I fill up the 1023 form and update and I  want to send email to immigration what’s the email.can someone guide me pls to give email id 

If you are not at final stages of visa and haven’t had the request for further info then send it to

parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

Include all your parents Visa application reference numbers etc in subject line

i would also send it again when you are at the final stages to pvcteam 

Edited by Kathss56