Guest guest36187

173 are currently showing  longer times for processing than 143 for some reason 

The latest global processing list I saw a couple of weeks ago had longest time for 143 at 41 months but 45 months for 173 - which now looks to have stretched even further to 48 months!! So I guess we need to add another 3 months for 143 as well maybe? 

So perhaps next  months update will show 48 months for 173 and 44 for 143? ??

• Sad 4

Processing time is stretching further and further every month, perhaps the sponsors should reach out to Senators in the Greens, independent Senators and Senators in labor party to give some pressures on the current Minister to issue a full 7171 visa places at the end of each financial year which set by Committee.

If anyone has excellent writing skills and willing to write an email template concerns about 143/173 processing time and 143 visa cap issue and share with all of us, that will help a lot. We just need to use the same template to email to Senators in the Greens party and other Senators.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sh aron said:

just called immi and asked them about progress of my application lodged 36 months ago  and got the best answer

processing is 48 months so wait  ha ha........... feel like ?

Wanna suicide.. 

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

@SusieRoo are we allowed to buy land/property whilst waiting for visas? 

In August 2016 we applied for FIRB status ( foreign investor Revue Board) at a cost of $5000, to purchase a block of land which had to be built on within 4 years. We then purchased the land and chose a builder. The only drawback was that you don’t receive “first time buyer “. grant if you’re not resident when signing contract. As of last week , we finally took possession of our new home and await the grant of our 143s, which hopefully will be before the end of this year!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

@Geoffandgill Did you submit your AoS paperwork on line?  I'm guessing you did as it was such a short time between submission and acceptance.

No, our daughter went into her local Centrelink office early in the morning and it took her about 20 mins or so with the clerk. We were surprised at how smoothly it all went.

Geoff & Gill

1 minute ago, Geoffandgill said:

No, our daughter went into her local Centrelink office early in the morning and it took her about 20 mins or so with the clerk. We were surprised at how smoothly it all went.

Geoff & Gill

My goodness, that is amazing.  We really don't know what to do - it is 21 weeks today since our daughter submitted the paperwork and we just keep being told that it is on the system and we just have to wait.  How long we have to wait is the burning question!

38 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

In August 2016 we applied for FIRB status ( foreign investor Revue Board) at a cost of $5000, to purchase a block of land which had to be built on within 4 years. We then purchased the land and chose a builder. The only drawback was that you don’t receive “first time buyer “. grant if you’re not resident when signing contract. As of last week , we finally took possession of our new home and await the grant of our 143s, which hopefully will be before the end of this year!

Thank you for the info. Can I ask if there is generally much difference in price when buying land then building your own house, compared to buying a finished new-build? We have seen a few 'land-and-build' packages and I like the idea of choosing the finishes etc. Also do you know what the 'fist time buyer' grant is worth in %? I wonder if you can buy land then build post-visa to still qualify.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 1

I’m just wondering ... there seem to be quite a few people who have  paid the AOS bond and are waiting for  2nd Vac request. Sooo .... wonder how many altogether there are worldwide in that position  and how much interest is immi making on those paid vacs??!! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I’m just wondering ... there seem to be quite a few people who have  paid the AOS bond and are waiting for  2nd Vac request. Sooo .... wonder how many altogether there are worldwide in that position  and how much interest is immi making on those paid vacs??!! 

There is a new bill going through parliament at the moment (Family Violence and Other Measures) which means in the future AoS has to be approved before you can even apply for the visa. How will that work? Will they take the bond payment many years before processing parent visas?

Edited by SusieRoo

6 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I would not recommend doing so until you have a visa in your hand. Never assume it is a done deal. 

You're right to say this, although I guess if prices keep rising in Australia, there is always an opportunity regardless of the visa outcome.

Edited by SusieRoo

@SusieRoo Even if AOS has to be approved before application the length of wait time could also mean that some family circumstances could change for the worse and develop into the very situation they’re trying to prevent!  Unlikely but you never  know!!

the whole visa process needs a really good looking over as it’s apparently now not working 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ryanlee said:

If anyone has excellent writing skills and willing to write an email template concerns about 143/173 processing time and 143 visa cap issue and share with all of us, that will help a lot. We just need to use the same template to email to Senators in the Greens party and other Senators.

All I have been doing is emailing Senator McKim and posting on his Facebook page - short and to the point