Guest guest36187

8 minutes ago, Ian Ireland said:

Hi everyone
Kath told me about this thread. Glad I looked now as there seems to be some progress in moving this list. Good news. Been waiting since end June 2015

Ian.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hi Ian. @Catlady2014has been invaluable on here as have many others. It was quite exciting to see her visa granted.

It gives you hope! Especially as it seems to move quicker now the 2014 crazy list has gone.

Still a way to go for you really and a lot longer for me. But we are getting there!!!!!

• Like 4

Just now, elnak said:
OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 07 January 2015.

woo hoo we are finally in 2015 visa applications.  I've just nearly jumped off the couch.  Here goes everyone with 2015 applications. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ian Ireland said:

Well done! When did you first apply? What was the timescale from then to getting human contact at immigration?

Hi Ian.  We first applied on 5th June 2015 so its been a long wait.  Still a while to go though as not heard anything since.  I have not been on POMS for a couple of weeks as have been away so got excited when I saw 7th Jan but later saw 13th Jan so beside myself now.  When did you apply and are you using an agent?

• Like 2

Hi Ian.  We first applied on 5th June 2015 so its been a long wait.  Still a while to go though as not heard anything since.  I have not been on POMS for a couple of weeks as have been away so got excited when I saw 7th Jan but later saw 13th Jan so beside myself now.  When did you apply and are you using an agent?

End of June. Nice to see it moving.
No we aren’t using an agent. I have spoken to a couple subsequent to sending in application and asked if they can speed it up. They’re very honest and say not. The letter of acknowledgment and receipt with all your references, file number etc means they know you are there! It would be nice to get that case adviser though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ian Ireland said:

End of June. Nice to see it moving.
No we aren’t using an agent. I have spoken to a couple subsequent to sending in application and asked if they can speed it up. They’re very honest and say not. The letter of acknowledgment and receipt with all your references, file number etc means they know you are there! It would be nice to get that case adviser though.

Welcome 2015 applicants. It is well worth the wait in the end but so frustrating when that processing date sticks.....seemingly forever.

Ian, you can add a signature to your posts (in settings) so everyone can see your dates and you can update it as things progress. We also added our destination areas so it is possible to arrange to meet people for drinks etc.

And, for anyone thinking about using an agent I can highly recommend @Alan Collett. He is knowledgeable, efficient and a pleasure to deal with. We started the process with an agent who was so inefficient it was almost laughable so we basically sacked him and appointed Alan after reading his posts on here!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We applied end of June 2015 too. It will be interesting following everyone’s experience in the June group. Despite the progress this month I’m still not expecting to get our visas until the last quarter of next year. There’s bound to be more slippage. Hope I’m wrong though[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

• Like 1

MINE IS ALSO JUNE 2015.  WAITING FOR SO LONG IS VERY DEPRESSING. NOW IT SEEMS THAT THE QUEUE IS BEING PROCESSSED LITTLE FASTER.  HOPING THAT OUR TURN WILL COME IN 2ND QUARTER OF NEXT YEAR SUBJECT TO PLACES STILL AVAILABLE & THEY DO NOT RUN OUT OF THE VISA PLACES ALLOWED FOR THIS YEAR.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 16:21, Sooty said:

We spoke to our case officer by Phone/email we arranged to leave for New Zealand on the Monday and return on the Friday once she knew our arrival time in NewZealand she issued our visa. When we re-entered Australia the customs officers took us to one side for a few minutes and then it was all systems go I hope this helps it was a lovely feeling for it to be all sorted. Good luck. 

On 10/7/2017 at 17:01, Fisher1 said:

We were told our visa would be issued while we were here on holiday. We contacted the PVC by email and their email reply was initially not that helpful, just agreeing with me that we couldn't be onshore when the visa was issued. I emailed again asking should we delay our arrival and at that point someone from the PVC phoned my daughter and said that they could wait till we returned home before issuing it if we wanted.  My daughter told them we were happy to leave for a few days and they then emailed us and said that if we wanted to leave for a few days we should email them our travel plans and they would issue the visa after we had left. I emailed s screenshot of the online booking form and we flew to New Zealand a few days later. The visa was issued the day after we arrived in NZ.

An added advantage was that we didn't have to validate the visa by entering Australia within a year of its issue because it was validated on our return from NZ.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info! We've booked to go to New Zealand on the 16th for a couple of days and I've sent the flight details to pvc and they've acknowledged the  visa will be granted after we leave.

• Like 4

Thanks for the info! We've booked to go to New Zealand on the 16th for a couple of days and I've sent the flight details to pvc and they've acknowledged the  visa will be granted after we leave.

Hi BendaM
I hope you can assist please?
How long after sending the AOS Acceptance Letter back to PVS did you get the request to pay the 2nd VAC?
Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kpnuts said:

Hi BendaM
I hope you can assist please?
How long after sending the AOS Acceptance Letter back to PVS did you get the request to pay the 2nd VAC?
Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

I think this depends entirely on the case officer dealing with your application and probably how straightforward it is.

Our request came within days but others seem to take several months.

Good luck.

• Like 2

I'm also a 2015 applicant (albeit December) so it's really wonderful to know that Immi are now processing "our Year group".  I've taken my eye off the ball a bit recently as I have  been busy making the move to Oz on a 600 visa.  My furniture etc should now be on the high seas, though it will be nearly Christmas by the time it arrives.  In the meantime I'm managing very simply on borrowed items, which is no problem at all.  I've totally sold up in the Uk and arrived here last Thursday evening.  No issues at all coming through Immigration, even though I was only on a one way ticket.  The day after my arrival I applied for my Medicare card and again it was totally straightforward, I just had to giive my address here so they knew where to send the card.  I haven't been asked to take out additional health insurance and am still debating whether or not to go down that route.  Does any one have any specific advice to offer on this issue?

It really is lovely to be here with my family and to be able to offer them help with babysitting etc. It now feels as though all the pressure is off as the only remaining hurdle is the 143 visa itself.  Given that my 600 tourist visa will easily carry me through till that point, with the sole proviso of being only able to stay 12 months max on each arrival, it all feels very comfortable and I have totally stopped stressing about the 143 timescales.  Hopefully that last element will not present any problems.  It's always a risk, but life is full of them and personally I think the risk is worth taking and living with.

Congratulations to all of you who have recently had your parent visas awarded and I share the excitement to those of you who are at long last in the very final stages.  Good luck!

• Like 7

I'm also a 2015 applicant (albeit December) so it's really wonderful to know that Immi are now processing "our Year group".  I've taken my eye off the ball a bit recently as I have  been busy making the move to Oz on a 600 visa.  My furniture etc should now be on the high seas, though it will be nearly Christmas by the time it arrives.  In the meantime I'm managing very simply on borrowed items, which is no problem at all.  I've totally sold up in the Uk and arrived here last Thursday evening.  No issues at all coming through Immigration, even though I was only on a one way ticket.  The day after my arrival I applied for my Medicare card and again it was totally straightforward, I just had to giive my address here so they knew where to send the card.  I haven't been asked to take out additional health insurance and am still debating whether or not to go down that route.  Does any one have any specific advice to offer on this issue?
It really is lovely to be here with my family and to be able to offer them help with babysitting etc. It now feels as though all the pressure is off as the only remaining hurdle is the 143 visa itself.  Given that my 600 tourist visa will easily carry me through till that point, with the sole proviso of being only able to stay 12 months max on each arrival, it all feels very comfortable and I have totally stopped stressing about the 143 timescales.  Hopefully that last element will not present any problems.  It's always a risk, but life is full of them and personally I think the risk is worth taking and living with.
Congratulations to all of you who have recently had your parent visas awarded and I share the excitement to those of you who are at long last in the very final stages.  Good luck!

That’s interesting. We have been tied down by our old dog who has now gone but we will carry on with our ETA till we get the visa.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ian Ireland said:

That’s interesting. We have been tied down by our old dog who has now gone but we will carry on with our ETA till we get the visa.

Hi Angela-glad you have arrived safe. With private ins it’s things like dental etc I think. All cost more there. For instance in Perth you have to pay if you needed to call an ambulance etc. Quite expensive So see what’s free and what isn’t in yr local town/state and of course let me know ! ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Hi Angela-glad you have arrived safe. With private ins it’s things like dental etc I think. All cost more there. For instance in Perth you have to pay if you needed to call an ambulance etc. Quite expensive So see what’s free and what isn’t in yr local town/state and of course let me know ! ?

Even if you don't get private insurance, its wise to get Ambulance cover (every state except Qld I believe). It costs thousands if you are transported by ambulance, and that includes when it is out of your control - car crash etc. Most companies like BUPA will do insurance just for ambulance cover.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AMP said:

Well done AMP it all sounds wonderful

We keep thinking about going out on a 600 visa while we wait to our CPV and I am still a little unsure how the 600 works.

If your 600 is for three years, you say you can stay for 12 months. Can you then just leave Australia temporally (for a few days) and then get a further 12 months stay?

Or is there a minimum time gap between each 12 months stay?

• Like 1

Oooh id like to know this too...i just had a quick look at the possibility of a 600 visa and wondered if there is an option for 3,6 or 12 months??

(the stays are 3,6,12 at any one time but valid for 12 months)

Id like to know more about the 12 month max stay on each arrival?

As the travel agent said if i want to do a return flight say in 7 months time but only have a visa for 3 months then i would need to show ongoing travel plans to say NZ for a week ish then come back to Aus for another 3 months....

I was doing a return flight as its the same price as one way !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tabitha10 said:

Oooh id like to know this too...i just had a quick look at the possibility of a 600 visa and wondered if there is an option for 3,6 or 12 months??

(the stays are 3,6,12 at any one time but valid for 12 months)

Id like to know more about the 12 month max stay on each arrival?

As the travel agent said if i want to do a return flight say in 7 months time but only have a visa for 3 months then i would need to show ongoing travel plans to say NZ for a week ish then come back to Aus for another 3 months....

I was doing a return flight as its the same price as one way !

That’s the problem. Some get a 600 visa granted with up to 12mths stay each time.

Others have a condition attached stating only 12 in every 18mths stay. You won’t know until you apply

No one really knows why some differ!  Maybe it’s to do with your health or the funds you have?

That is why I will time going on a 12mth one hoping my143 will be through just before it ends!

Roll on Jul 17 ?

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

That’s the problem. Some get a 600 visa granted with up to 12mths stay each time.

Others have a condition attached stating only 12 in every 18mths stay. You won’t know until you apply

No one really knows why some differ!  Maybe it’s to do with your health or the funds you have?

That is why I will time going on a 12mth one hoping my143 will be through just before it ends!

Roll on Jul 17 ?

Thank you for the info, but I'm still a little confused.

So if we get a visa which says '12 months in every 18 months', we have to leave for 6 months between stays.

And if we get a visa which says 'multiple entry with 12 months each stay', we can just leave for 1 day between each 12 month period.

Is this correct?

And do they ask about health and wealth on the application form? I guess it would be good to know which boxes to tick, so we get the best type of visa.