Guest guest36187

Hey, Did they ask you to prove you had applied for a permanent visa? I am only on a 457 but really want a WA driving licence however been told I can't get one until I apply for a PR visa. 

In WA, the licensing centre have access to your Visa details. I got mine on the back of a Visitors 600 visa. The clerk stated that by law I didn't need one, which I knew, but I went ahead anyway due to the advantages it has.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:02, NanaJan said:

And so, I thought it was time for an update.

I'm not sure of the exact dates as this last part has been a bit of a whirlwind. My daughter had her interview at Centrelink, lodged the $14,000 bond and the AoS application was accepted and uploaded to Immigration on 30th August.

All the other documents were already with the agent. The medicals were completed back in July.

On the 8th September we were asked to pay the 2nd VAC. We had already transferred the necessary sum from the UK and so arranged a bank cheque which was posted to the PVC by express post on 11th September. We booked a trip to Bali and flew out of Australia on 16th September.

From my sun lounger by the pool I can confirm our visas were granted today, the 18th September. We return to Australia on Wednesday and can start both work and serious house-hunting.

I cannot believe that after all this time it has actually happened.

Keep the faith those of you in the waiting room.

Many congratulations its such exciting news.  Happy house hunting xx

• Like 1

On 25/09/2017 at 21:51, Calmac said:

Do you complete it online and send it electronically?

We did paper copies and send them via post to our agent,however we have been told to rd summit new form as the original is out of date . I'll tell you more in a day of two 

M

27 minutes ago, gafuk said:

We have had our email giving 28 days for medical and police checks. ? Where do We Get police checks ? Is it criminal record bureau ?

You can apply on-line or by post https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

It's very simple and a quick turnaround. Good luck with the rest of the process:)

Edited by NanaJan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Catlady

My goodness PVC have taken their time with your application. You should be getting the grant email at any moment. Good luck with your future life in Oz. The POMS site is a real life saver for all those in the waiting room, but for me it is now time to move on. Good luck everyone and let's hope the wait for all those remaining does not extend too far.

Julie

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, juliew1499 said:

Hi Catlady

My goodness PVC have taken their time with your application. You should be getting the grant email at any moment. Good luck with your future life in Oz. The POMS site is a real life saver for all those in the waiting room, but for me it is now time to move on. Good luck everyone and let's hope the wait for all those remaining does not extend too far.

Julie

Hi Julie, yes a very very long time.  But hopefully only a day or so now.  The bank cheque was sent by my daughter last Friday afternoon by registered priority post and takes 1-4 business days, but Monday was a public holiday, and the cheque is still "in transit".  Glad everything is falling into place for you, your "journey" kept my spirits up.  All the best for your new life.  

• Like 1

Congratulations to those who have made the move and started their new lives; and commiserations to those who are still stuck in the waiting room.

I'm in limbo as although fortunate enough to have my visa though unfortunate enough to be still stuck in the UK trying to sell my house but, wishing to have all my ducks in a row, have a few questions for those that have actually "made it"!

1.  Any airlines give an extra baggage allowance for migrants? (I've already validated my visa at the beginning of the year).

2. How far in advance should I start getting quotes for removals?

3. Is there very much to be saved by packing myself, using a Movecube versus a removal company to come and pack and so forth?  I think volume-wise I'd probably only need a small Movecube - only personal possessions really, no furniture other than one or two small items that I'd like to take, so I wonder if it would be worth using a traditional moving company.

TIA

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sadge said:

Congratulations to those who have made the move and started their new lives; and commiserations to those who are still stuck in the waiting room.

I'm in limbo as although fortunate enough to have my visa though unfortunate enough to be still stuck in the UK trying to sell my house but, wishing to have all my ducks in a row, have a few questions for those that have actually "made it"!

1.  Any airlines give an extra baggage allowance for migrants? (I've already validated my visa at the beginning of the year).

3. Is there very much to be saved by packing myself, using a Movecube versus a removal company to come and pack and so forth?  I think volume-wise I'd probably only need a small Movecube - only personal possessions really, no furniture other than one or two small items that I'd like to take, so I wonder if it would be worth using a traditional moving company.

TIA

I'm still investigating extra allowance, but haven't found anything definitive yet.  You could get removal quotes now, just so that you know how much you're likely to pay.  I used a Movecube and I'll post a summary of the costs, advantages & disadvantages etc, once it's actually safely delivered to me at the other end.  But you'd be surprised how much you can fit into a small cube.  I packed it myself, I bought packing boxes in advance on eBay but you can get really strong ones from the Movecube company as well as polystyrene packing and bubble rap for delicate stuff.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Catlady2014 said:

I'm still investigating extra allowance, but haven't found anything definitive yet.  You could get removal quotes now, just so that you know how much you're likely to pay.  I used a Movecube and I'll post a summary of the costs, advantages & disadvantages etc, once it's actually safely delivered to me at the other end.  But you'd be surprised how much you can fit into a small cube.  I packed it myself, I bought packing boxes in advance on eBay but you can get really strong ones from the Movecube company as well as polystyrene packing and bubble rap for delicate stuff.  

14 minutes ago, Sadge said:

TIA

Email the airlines and ask if you produce a copy of visa. Singapore airlines do I've heard !

• Like 1