Guest guest36187

13 minutes ago, Bre said:

@Greece and @tomale have you guys received an invite for aos?

Not heard anything from Centrelink after submitting AoS application on 29/11.  I read in the forum that normally it take 10-12 weeks to hear from them further. Is there any way to speed up BG invite early ???

Not heard anything from Centrelink after submitting AoS application on 29/11.  I read in the forum that normally it take 10-12 weeks to hear from them further. Is there any way to speed up BG invite early ???

Trust me if there was we’d all be doing it. Enjoy Xmas you won’t be hearing until late January.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the subject of removals, has anyone had any experience of importing old wooden furniture? Husband thinks he has a family heirloom and he is insisting on shipping it to Australia. Personally I think it would be better on a bonfire as it has woodworm holes at the back. But he is claiming all the beetle larvae are dead as he “clearly” remembers it being treated about 50 years ago (which I find amazing because he spent two hours this morning trying to remember where he parked his car).  So I was just wondering if anyone here has had any experiences with antique furniture imports. Will we need some sort of certificate to say it is free of woodworm?

19 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Thanks to @Sadge @David Leask and @Quoll really helpful and has put my mind at rest on some points. We booked our Movecube on Monday for next Monday. Boxes etc were meant to arrive today but Seven Seas gave courier wrong address so haven’t arrived. We’ve been and bought some. Been trying all day to get them to sort this error out. In theory they arrive tomorrow but rather concerned that this will not happen...they haven’t been for a site visit yet!  Why are there always problems?  Will wait with crossed fingers tomorrow 🤞😎😎

Boxes arrived, all sorted....just waiting for Monday 😎😎

• Like 2

We have had the aos rejected saying the bank verification of 14,000 dollars has not been lodged with the commonwealth bank of australia.

my son has a stamped letter to say it has been deposited 😞

anybody else had this, im sure there are a few. 🙂

Mark

Edited by kimboslice
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kimboslice said:

We have had the aos rejected saying the bank verification of 14,000 dollars has not been lodged with the commonwealth bank of australia.

my son has a stamped letter to say it has been deposited 😞

anybody else had this, im sure there are a few. 🙂

Mark

Hi Kimboslice sorry you've had this trouble, we had the same problem although all the documents were ok. My son went into Centrelink and they said everything was ok, would resubmit and it would take maximum of two weeks for letter to come through. It was almost exactly two weeks when acceptance came through. It's very stressful for you though. Should all go through pretty quickly once you get the acceptance letter., but of course it's Christmas and New Year. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, sh aron said:

Hi 

Interview by Centrelink was held yesterday and they asked me to deposit $14000 as bank Guarante .  Any one got idea how long is the process from here ?

Thanks 

Looking at stats from 2015 applicants (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qdUJtvi43-4Ma76iDQWtT3Dv2KK4HxA1lvQzeAB2MOE/edit#gid=0), it took about 1.5 months from interview to acceptance (from a few weeks to 4 months). 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sh aron said:

Hi 

Interview by Centrelink was held yesterday and they asked me to deposit $14000 as bank Guarante .  Any one got idea how long is the process from here ?

Thanks 

If you have receive the Bank guarantee request email, you can go to any Commonwealth bank branch to open a term deposit. Its 5 years term & roll over automatic another 5 yrs so totally 10 years

and then you use centrelink app or website to upload all the documents you receive from the bank + request letter from Centrelink 

It took me less than 4 business days to get the acceptance letter. Anw now is Xmas so the process might take longer time. Gluck

• Thanks 1

On 19/12/2019 at 17:29, Rosiejaq said:

Boxes arrived, all sorted....just waiting for Monday 😎😎

MoveCube was brilliant once they realised they had given the courier the wrong address!  Bloke turned up early on Monday morning to load everything, we managed it in under 15 mins! Ironically our cube goes to Coventry over Christmas and New Year then comes back to Felixstowe...where we are at the moment to be loaded onto a container ship and start its journey!  We fly Tuesday 31st...again hiccups as husband’s passport has 5 months 17 days left on it..Singapore Air won’t allow you on if there is less than 6 months so we’re off to Peterborough to get a new passport on Monday 😫 and let Immi etc know the new number 😎😎😎

• Like 1

@Rosiejaq quickest way of changing passport number is to do it via your immi account. You have to upload a certified copy of passport. Post office certified mine.  Then check your VEVO account to see its gone through. They are taking months to change it if you do it the other way via form 929. Take old passport with you etc just in case. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

@Rosiejaq quickest way of changing passport number is to do it via your immi account. You have to upload a certified copy of passport. Post office certified mine.  Then check your VEVO account to see its gone through. They are taking months to change it if you do it the other way via form 929. Take old passport with you etc just in case. Good luck. 

I filled the form and took both passport and letter of acknowledgment when you summit the form . 

• Thanks 1

Hi,

we are 2 brothers both in Aus on PR. We want to apply 143 visa offshore for our parents.

I have some questions . if someone can respond that will be highly appreciated.

1. for form 40 there has to be one sponsor or there can be two sponsors as well. if there are two sponsor does the case becomes more solid?

2. after submitting the application when does AOS bond kicks in..ie. after how much time we have to apply for this bond

3. after submitting the application if sponsor address changes and the address for the authorised recipient also changes (in our case both will be same person) how we notify 

the department about that...I have seen form 929 but it only address the applicant not the authorised recipient or sponsor. 

thanks

53 minutes ago, munawer ali said:

Hi,

we are 2 brothers both in Aus on PR. We want to apply 143 visa offshore for our parents.

1. for form 40 there has to be one sponsor or there can be two sponsors as well. if there are two sponsor does the case becomes more solid?

2. after submitting the application when does AOS bond kicks in..ie. after how much time we have to apply for this bond

3. after submitting the application if sponsor address changes and the address for the authorised recipient also changes (in our case both will be same person) how we notify 

the department about that...I have seen form 929 but it only address the applicant not the authorised recipient or sponsor. 

thanks

1. Makes no much difference but Two are better.  2. Current waiting time is 5 to 8 years after applying 143.  3. It is same form  No. 929

2 minutes ago, Greece said:

1. Makes no much difference but Two are better.  2. Current waiting time is 5 to 8 years after applying 143.  3. It is same form  No. 929

thanks Greece for the reply.

if we put 2 sponsors so we have to fill 2 separate form 40 or only one form with both sponsors details.

and if the address of sponsor and authorised person change later we have to inform immigration or not. and I understood from ur message we have to use the same form 929 for sponsor change address and the same form 929 for authorised recipient address as I will be authorised recipient not my parents.

Hi,

thanks

I’m no expert but I have been through the process and we have our visas now. I don’t think it would make any difference if there is one or two sponsors. We are parents of two daughters with Australian Citizenship and we only used one of them as our sponsor. Remember, the sponsor does not have to be the same person as the assurer. When it comes to applying for AoS you may find (if your finances dictate) that you need two assurers.
On your second point, the AoS application and bond requirement comes very much towards the end of the process. As someone else has said, the waiting period for you if you are applying now is likely to be 6 to 8 years. You don’t need to concern yourself with AoS at the moment.
On your third point, Form 1022 is used to notify Immi about changes in circumstances like the ones you describe. We used it and it worked for us.
My advice to you is to get your application in as soon as you can so that you secure your place in the queue.
Good luck!
David

Well through check-in and security at Heathrow....had to wait to have hubby’s visa transferred to new passport, but all good.  Now having a burger before boarding....we’ll be arriving in Sydney 2 Jan 🎉🎉❤️😎😎😎. Happy New Year to everyone...May your wait be short...or at least shorter than ours!  Good luck everyone.

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 8

15 hours ago, David Leask said:

I’m no expert but I have been through the process and we have our visas now. I don’t think it would make any difference if there is one or two sponsors. We are parents of two daughters with Australian Citizenship and we only used one of them as our sponsor. Remember, the sponsor does not have to be the same person as the assurer. When it comes to applying for AoS you may find (if your finances dictate) that you need two assurers.
On your second point, the AoS application and bond requirement comes very much towards the end of the process. As someone else has said, the waiting period for you if you are applying now is likely to be 6 to 8 years. You don’t need to concern yourself with AoS at the moment.
On your third point, Form 1022 is used to notify Immi about changes in circumstances like the ones you describe. We used it and it worked for us.
My advice to you is to get your application in as soon as you can so that you secure your place in the queue.
Good luck!
David

thanks David for your response.

Happy New Year everyone!

Some info for those who may, like me, have step children, even though they are very adult and certainly not dependents. They are the daughters of my late husband and I was contacted by Immi just before Christmas to submit full birth certificates for them.  I have to admit to not being able to understand the reasoning for this request, particularly since even if they were included I would still meet the balance of family test.

Thankfully it’s not an issue as I am on good terms with both of my stepdaughters so I will able’ to submit this info once the Christmas festivities (and house move for one of them) are over and they have time to find and then to send scans of their certificates to me.  I’m hoping it will all work to my advantage in terms of delaying the granting of my visa to tie in with my already planned trip to the UK on 20th Feb!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, AMP said:

Happy New Year everyone!

Some info for those who may, like me, have step children, even though they are very adult and certainly not dependents. They are the daughters of my late husband and I was contacted by Immi just before Christmas to submit full birth certificates for them.  I have to admit to not being able to understand the reasoning for this request, particularly since even if they were included I would still meet the balance of family test.

Thankfully it’s not an issue as I am on good terms with both of my stepdaughters so I will able’ to submit this info once the Christmas festivities (and house move for one of them) are over and they have time to find and then to send scans of their certificates to me.  I’m hoping it will all work to my advantage in terms of delaying the granting of my visa to tie in with my already planned trip to the UK on 20th Feb!

Hi, had no problem with my step daughter, but then my husband is the main applicant! I had to give details of all my siblings (4) although they have no intention of going to Australia....not even on a visit🧐

• Confused 1

On 31/12/2019 at 19:22, David Leask said:

Good luck!
David

Hi, we have relocated in Aus last year and I have taken a new passport of my country during Sept 2019. Also, my sponsors became Aus Citizen during Apr-19. Do we require to fill form 1022 and report all these information ?   Also, can you please share parent visa email id to send this form. Thanks,