Guest guest36187

8 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Ok I’ll keep that in mind!  Thanks for the hint. 😎

Just make sure your UK bank account is kept activated, even if by only a small transaction. My daughter who hardly ever needs to use hers transfers about 10 pds in or out every 6 months.

Another useful thought is, if you intend visiting UK reasonably often, some people who receive the UK state pension, have it paid into a UK bank account to help cover the cost of the visit, or leave it there to transfer here when the rate is better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramot said:

Just make sure your UK bank account is kept activated, even if by only a small transaction. My daughter who hardly ever needs to use hers transfers about 10 pds in or out every 6 months.

Another useful thought is, if you intend visiting UK reasonably often, some people who receive the UK state pension, have it paid into a UK bank account to help cover the cost of the visit, or leave it there to transfer here when the rate is better.

Thanks @ramot  I had thought of the activation side!  But probably won’t come back to the uk once we’ve gone.  Might save up the pension for good rates though! 😎😎

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have a question regarding 956A & 956 Form. I myself lodged the 143 application for my mum in 11/2016 together with form 956A with myself as authorised recipient. She doesn't understand English, I was the one that filled in the form. She just signed. I think I made a mistake there when lodging form 965A. It should have been 956( exempt person). Can we lodge the circumstance change form & 956 form again ? Will this affect our application ?

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, michaleasmum said:

Hi, I have also received my request for 2nd VAC.

Don't know if hold the unenviable record of 49 months 11 days????

Hi. Huge congratulations....enjoy Oz.  I think we might beat you as we’re on 50months and 8 days and are just submitting AoS! 😝🎉🎉🎉🎉😎😎😎

9 hours ago, Sadge said:

Converting UK to Australian Licence (Victoria)

Can somebody who has done this please tell me if I have to complete the green licence application form, or is there a different, specific, form to complete for this purpose? 

Thanks.

Go into Vicroads office and arrange appointment for driving licence transfer. Fill out transfer form and hand in with sight of UK licence. New licence should take no longer than two weeks to be in post.

Geoff & Gill

• Like 1

Hi everyone 🙂

I'm wondering if anyone could help me.

I've applied for 143 for my parents on 10 March 2017 ( Acknowledgement letter).

I'm just wondering if I could also apply for a student visa for my parents, without any implication to the parents visa. They don't know any English and it would be lovely for then to start a little English course so they can get used to the culture and language until their parent visa starts to be assessed. 

Yes I think an application for student visa would overwrite the 143

I’m not sure if  the student visa is just for learning English. You’ve got to have a definite offer of a place in college school etc as well. 

Your best bet if you don’t want to pay for 870 visa is a paid 600 visa - would probably be valid for three years but you can only stay for 12 months at a time then have to leave for 6 months then back for 12 months then leave again for 6 months then the visa ends. You would have to have paid medical insurance as you would not be covered under Medicare and your parents obviously need to show funds to support themselves during that time. 

As Im only putting my thoughts out there you may be better talking to an agent. 

unfortunately wait times have blown out and with your application date  being March  2017 it’s likely you have at least another 3 years wait  

23 hours ago, Vincentphan said:

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have a question regarding 956A & 956 Form. I myself lodged the 143 application for my mum in 11/2016 together with form 956A with myself as authorised recipient. She doesn't understand English, I was the one that filled in the form. She just signed. I think I made a mistake there when lodging form 965A. It should have been 956( exempt person). Can we lodge the circumstance change form & 956 form again ? Will this affect our application ?

Thank you.

I really think it would be worth paying an agent for correct advice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulinha said:

Thanks for your reply, we definitely prefer a student visa. My only concern is if the application for the parent visa will be affected if I also apply for the student visa .

Can one overwrite another ?

Always best to take advice from a Migration Agent. They are the people qualified to answer, it’s not worth risking an irreversible mistake. 

Ive seen too many posters over the years trying desperately to salvage their hopes of a visa after the wrong advice.

• Like 1

It's not so easy, I have a friend who's son out there on a student visa taking a Phd.  The application was really thorough and he had to give valid reasons he you should be allowed to study in Oz.  Also had to get a firm offer of a place from a uni and pay for it as part of the vias application (circa AUD$40,000 per year, refunded by the uni if the visa is rejected), produce bank statements to prove he had enough funds to support himself for the duration of the course and also to enough to cover the subsequent years of the course.   He now has the opportunity to be sponsored for a work visa by an employer, apparently the new work visa application if accepted will cancel out the student visa!

Edited by Biggsy
gramma
  • Like 1

I know this may be a stupid question,  it can I pay my 2nd vac through a currency site eg  travelwise? Using my uk bank account?

Hi Rosiejaq,

First of all, congratulations on moving closer to getting your visa. It won’t be long now [emoji41]

When we were asked to pay our second vac the invoice offered 3 methods of payment. Credit/DebitCard/PayPal, BPay or billpay (via Australia Post). I guess a bank cheque would have been acceptable but there was no mention of this option. We used BPay. It was fast and there were no surcharges. I’m not sure if you could use Transferwise. If you could I think it would be the same as a Credit card and come with hefty surcharges.

Good luck
David

9 minutes ago, David Leask said:

When we were asked to pay our second vac the invoice offered 3 methods of payment. Credit/DebitCard/PayPal, BPay or billpay (via Australia Post). I guess a bank cheque would have been acceptable but there was no mention of this option. We used BPay. It was fast and there were no surcharges. I’m not sure if you could use Transferwise. If you could I think it would be the same as a Credit card and come with hefty surcharges.

Good luck
David

Hi David thanks for the good wishes. Can I use Bpay with a uk account? 😎😎

Edited by Rosiejaq