Guest guest36187

Aos payment of bond .. It looks again like everyone’s experience is different, as our son in law went to Comm Bank on Friday to pay the bond but they only set up a bank account for him and transferred the money from his bank to Comm.  on Monday he went back and they set up another two accounts!  We don’t know why, and then transferred the payment to Comm Bank long term deposit.  There were no fees to pay dispute our SiL not having a Comm Bank account, and our second assurer wasn’t there because she lives in Canberra! And is currently visiting the UK!  Just hope everything is Ok. Centrelink did ring SiL to confirm everything was oK so fingers crossed yet again.  😎😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi Rosiejaq, Some info my daughter in law gave me last night... she visited the CommBank to ask what she needed to do as centerlink said they will receive the letter on Tuesday to pay the bond. All sponsors for the Aso must be present at the time of opening the account.. it costs $150 regardless of whether you already have a CommBank account to set up the bond account.... the bond will be for 5 years but will automatically be renewed for another 5 years with nothing else to pay.  You need a bankers cheque , cash or a CommBank account that you can transfer the money from.. once you have the certificate letter from the bank you need to upload that with the letter centerlink sent you containing the barcode to your mygov account. If you don’t upload the barcode it will not show that you have paid the bond. My son and daughter in law are going to pay the bond on Saturday as that’s the only time they can go together. Good luck... I hope this all goes well for you.

Thanks that’s helpful.  Our SiL wasn’t asked to pay anything just set up three accounts!  I don’t think our Comm Bank in Port Macquarie NSW is actually open on a Saturday so he had to take time off work to go, and the other assurer was overseas at the time.

6 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Thanks that’s helpful.  Our SiL wasn’t asked to pay anything just set up three accounts!  I don’t think our Comm Bank in Port Macquarie NSW is actually open on a Saturday so he had to take time off work to go, and the other assurer was overseas at the time.

Hi Rosiejaq, It just goes to show that you can’t rely on anything you’re told... from some being charge $150 for administration for opening the bond account for the Aos and others not. I’m sure we will all have stories to tell at the end of this long stressful experience... but it will all be worth it in the end. Keep us updated with your progress.😍

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ielectric said:

Hi Jellybean,do you mean we need to upload the bank request centrelink sent as a financial document as well?

Hi ielectric, As it’s my son and fill that are our sponsors I don’t actually know what the letter looks like but if it has the barcode on it then yes you need to upload that as well. It links the Aos bond to the applicant so without that my Dil was told without the barcode it will not show the bond as being paid. Scary!!

Hello, we are going to be applying for the 143 from a current 173. The case officer assigned but we wanted to start looking at the AOS process. I had a couple of quick questions that others might be able to help with from your experience.

For Q44 ("What is your current annual taxable income?"), is this supposed to be the expected income for the current yet, or the garnered income year to date?

For the confirmation of identity, the referenced form SS231 does not appear to exist any more. Has someone performed the online confirmation process. In that case, how is the verification of documents done? The website says they want original documents and not copies. Do we upload a copy initially and do they later ask us to come in person to verify the original documents.

8 hours ago, Jellybean T said:
8 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi ielectric, As it’s my son and fill that are our sponsors I don’t actually know what the letter looks like but if it has the barcode on it then yes you need to upload that as well. It links the Aos bond to the applicant so without that my Dil was told without the barcode it will not show the bond as being paid. Scary!!

The letter from Centrelink has the barcode on it at the top of the page. As you say this is to identify the person or persons.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

omg i should did that too,thanks a lot!

On 20/10/2019 at 10:24, JulianeGold said:

*** CENTRELINK ISSUE*** Does anyone know anybody that had issues with centrelink Assurance of Support letter? We did all correct and they rejected it by saying we didn't pay the $10K bond which we did and have proof. Now we are doing complaints and going via ombudsman but would be good to see if anyone had this issue and how was solved and how long. The immigration is requesting this approval letter in 28 days and by talking with Centrelink they are not giving any specific deadline to fix the issue so we are worried that the 4 years waiting for my mother's residency visa can be taken away by a simple mistake from Centrelink that they don't have time to solve.

Yes, we r facing problem with d Centrelink regarding AOS. Our assurer submited d AOS on 27.08.2019. and when inquiring today about d present situation of d AOS they have told they cant find any such application with them and to resubmit again. 

On 20/10/2019 at 10:24, JulianeGold said:

*** CENTRELINK ISSUE*** Does anyone know anybody that had issues with centrelink Assurance of Support letter? We did all correct and they rejected it by saying we didn't pay the $10K bond which we did and have proof. Now we are doing complaints and going via ombudsman but would be good to see if anyone had this issue and how was solved and how long. The immigration is requesting this approval letter in 28 days and by talking with Centrelink they are not giving any specific deadline to fix the issue so we are worried that the 4 years waiting for my mother's residency visa can be taken away by a simple mistake from Centrelink that they don't have time to solve.

Yes, Our assurer submited AOS documents to centrelink on 27.08.2019. twice he had inquired and confermed it's in d system but when he inquired today they have told they cant see d application and to resubmit again.

Edited by karu1

On 21/10/2019 at 09:16, florafilan said:

I uploaded the term deposit confirmation and the letter with assurees names to mygov. Whish I had also submitted them in person.

Hello all just reading this about AOS I’m waiting 2 months now to hear from them but my daughter will upload the letter and I will register post a copy as well to the Perth office 

11 hours ago, karu1 said:

Yes, Our assurer submited AOS documents to centrelink on 27.08.2019. twice he had inquired and confermed it's in d system but when he inquired today they have told they cant see d application and to resubmit again.

WHAT? You can't be serious right..... how did they lodge the application? If by online, they should be able to see the application status.

43 minutes ago, Michael S said:

WHAT? You can't be serious right..... how did they lodge the application? If by online, they should be able to see the application status.

I want to make a suggestion here to all the people whom have gone through the Centrelink saga as it has to many variations 

can every on that is finished with Centrelink please post here what they have done start to finish from application to payment earlier post about setting up bank account to pay it great info  from my own experience I feel it’s a case of them making it up as we go along also if we had everyone’s input it helps so much because one little mistake with Centrelink can cost so much time backtracking with the application 

Edited by kevvo

The whole process is so time-consuming and at times complicated, I would strongly advise anybody embarking on this visa journey to engage the services of a MIRA agent.  I am SO pleased I did!  It costs so much money to get the visa that I felt it was well worth the relatively small amount it cost to have my hand held all the way, somebody to tell me exactly what to do, when to do it, proof read everything before submitting all the documents, and best of all - to stop any mistakes being made.

Unfortunately, this forum is usually not found by visa applicants before they start on their journey, but if you are just about to begin your application or know somebody who is - the agent's fee is a sound investment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kevvo said:

Hello all just reading this about AOS I’m waiting 2 months now to hear from them but my daughter will upload the letter and I will register post a copy as well to the Perth office 

You have to go to centrelink in person.  Perth immi office, if that's what you meant, won't know what to do with AOS applications.

1 minute ago, Sadge said:

The whole process is so time-consuming and at times complicated, I would strongly advise anybody embarking on this visa journey to engage the services of a MIRA agent.  I am SO pleased I did!  It costs so much money to get the visa that I felt it was well worth the relatively small amount it cost to have my hand held all the way, somebody to tell me exactly what to do, when to do it, proof read everything before submitting all the documents, and best of all - to stop any mistakes being made.

Unfortunately, this forum is usually not found by visa applicants before they start on their journey, but if you are just about to begin your application or know somebody who is - the agent's fee is a sound investment.

I totally agree with you @Sadge we couldn’t have coped without an agent as we work long hours in the service industry and couldn’t have completed everything in time correctly without their help.  Along with all the problems our daughter has had with Aos which she herself sorted out the whole thing would've given us a breakdown!  Everyone on the forum has been a great help and support but you really sometimes need an expert as well ❤️😎😎😎

• Like 2

On 22/10/2019 at 08:20, Jellybean T said:

This might be what had happened with my bond lodgement.  I did not upload the invitation letter. 4 calls with centrelink and no one has ever mentioned that could cause issues.  Thought the centrelink unique CRN (customer reference #) would be enough for them to identify the person.   

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Michael S said:

1 hour ago, Michael S said:

This is paper based application to centrelink office. 

1 minute ago, Michael S said:

Oh no....... stupid centrelink... how can they lose the application?! Hope your next application goes well, fingers crossed.

Hi Michael,

Today our assurer visited d centrelink office and now they conformed it's visible in d system. He will be called in duecourse.

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

Does anyone know how to upload to Centrelink online account? i selected upload document, then choose other document, then document type: Financials. Is it correct?

I have scanned all documents including bank guarantee, account information, and their letter with a bar code.

Does anyone know how to upload to Centrelink online account? i selected upload document, then choose other document, then document type: Financials. Is it correct?
I have scanned all documents including bank guarantee, account information, and their letter with a bar code.

Hi Suzy,

My daughter uploaded to ‘Financials’. We also took the hard copies of the documents into the local branch of Centrelink. We are not sure which method worked but one of them (or both) must have.

Good luck.

David
  • Like 2

Clearly the Assurance of Support process is not fit for purpose.

When I get back to Australia (I'm in the UK presently - I get back at the end of next week) I think I shall send a letter to Minister Coleman inviting him to make due enquiry.

In the meantime - to all applicants with AoS's in the system - don't let the b*****s grind you down!

Best regards.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Dears,

How long does it normally take to receive the acknowledgement letter of the submitted subclass 143 paper application? Is this a matter of weeks or months?

Thanks!

If you read other people's timelines at the bottom of their posts you will get an idea of how long the different stages take.

• Like 2