Guest guest36187

Hi I have an application in for a CPV 143, I would like to do a bike tour in Australia then visit my daughter, which will take longer than the eVisa length of 3 months.  Can someone point me in the right direction as to which online visa I need to apply for covering 6-12 months please?

Edited by Flangela100

4 minutes ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi I have an application in for a CPV 143, I would like to do a bike tour in Australia then visit my daughter, which will take longer than the eVisa length of 3 months.  Can someone point me in the right direction as to which online visa I need to apply for covering 6-12 months please?

600 visa

2 hours ago, Marilyn said:

First had chest X-ray then had to pee in a cup so they can test glucose, protein and blood. Take your blood pressure, weight and height then get you to read letters an eye test. Goes through loads of "have you had...." then asks if you had any major surgeries long stay in hospital and if you on any medication. Takes blood pressure, then looks in ears and down your throat. Did knees and hand reflex test, Checked back, arms and legs for any skin issues. Laid down and she pressed all over torso. Took 1 vial of blood. Made me squeeze her fingers and then she placed both hands on my shoulders and asked me to push up while she pushed down and did same with the side of my face .

They come back to you very quickly if they need to see you again. They found an abnormality in my X-Ray which could be a few things so they called me back the day after and I had another 2 X-Rays done. I am now waiting for Radiologist to check it and they will come back to me. I was very stressed but the Physician was great - I asked could this be an reason for my visa not to be granted if its something serious and he said "No whatever it is we will process through it"

Hope this helps

Thanks Marilyn...the removal of fear of the unknown is a great help!  We will just have got back from a month in Oz so weight might be up a bit but hopefully BP nice and normal!  We have our meds next week in London before going back to work.  Good luck with the wait!

Edited by Rosiejaq
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

Had mine done at Knightsbridge Medical Doctor - London. I must say they are top class they explain every process they going through, professional and very empathetic. They know the time restraints and what is required by Australia.

That’s good - we’re going there!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

That’s good - we’re going there!

Just a heads up I went both times around 45 min before my appointment and they saw me straight away so even if you a little early try your luck. I was going to go and walk around the shops as I don't often go into London but a little out my pay grade i.e Gucci, Tommy Ford, Harvey Nicol, $$$$$

Edited by Marilyn

51 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

Just a heads up I went both times around 45 min before my appointment and they saw me straight away so even if you a little early try your luck. I was going to go and walk around the shops as I don't often go into London but a little out my pay grade i.e Gucci, Tommy Ford, Harvey Nicol, $$$$$

Thanks Marilyn. We’re coming in by train from Felixstowe (staying with MIL as we live in North Norfolk) so may be a little early....good idea as I can’t spend all my money in Harvey Nic’s!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sharad Guru said:

Requested for pcc’s and medicals on 16:02:2019

aos lodged last week.

yesterday got a call from centrelink regarding interview and bond payment.

What visa have you applied for and when?  And could you put these details in your signature please?

I received an e mail recently with the following information which would explain why so little has been happening until now. I’m 

• Visa processing times slow down for almost any visa category

Is your visa taking a lot longer than expected to be granted? You are not alone.

We have seen almost all types of visa processing time increase dramatically since the end of last year.

Apparently overspending by immigration has resulted in case officers not being allowed to do overtime. As this is the busiest time of year for immigration, traditionally case officers would log overtime to ensure visas are processed at a much quicker time frame.

Since case officers can't work overtime, the processing times has increased significantly.

• Thanks 2

On 27/02/2019 at 12:03, Flangela100 said:

600 12 month  holiday visa 

On 27/02/2019 at 21:47, Sharad Guru said:

Requested for pcc’s and medicals on 16:02:2019

aos lodged last week.

yesterday got a call from centrelink regarding interview and bond payment.

I haven’t heard anything from Centrelink! Still waiting for the letter with reference numbers to place the bond. !!