Guest guest36187

1 minute ago, Catlady2014 said:

I really don't believe it will make any difference at all whether you include "the" or leave it out; so long as Department of Home Affairs is there, that should be fine. 

I got my visa granted very very quickly after the cheque was sent off, despite a Bank Holiday intervening. 

Thanks very much @Catlady2014. I just came back from the bank and they said the same thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Hi all,

We've been requested to pay 2nd VAC. Those who have visa granted, could you please let us know whether you pay by bank cheque and have your visa within 10 days? and is the bank cheque directed to "Department of Home Affairs"?

My agent said it could take up to 2 months for bank cheque.

Hi Pete,

can we pay by bank transfer instead you know?

Thanks

Just now, Peter2 said:

I'm not sure. They only mention either credit card or bank cheque.

does it mean that we can fill in the credit card detail and send it back to them? otherwise cheque?

my visa was applied on 15Jun15, and case officer has contacted me for form 80 last week

hopefully i will get the 2nd payment request soon 

4 minutes ago, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

does it mean that we can fill in the credit card detail and send it back to them? otherwise cheque?

my visa was applied on 15Jun15, and case officer has contacted me for form 80 last week

hopefully i will get the 2nd payment request soon 

Correct, but there is a high fee for credit card payment.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

Peter2’s visa is going to be granted very close to 12 months after his medical and police check. With the increasing delays at all stages of visa processing it can’t be long until the 12 month window is exceeded.  As well as the obvious difficulties, already discussed, of activating the visa in a short space of time, particularly if you’re not already in Aus, what happens re medical and police checks?  

18 hours ago, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

Hi Pete,

can we pay by bank transfer instead you know?

Thanks

At the time of my payment request, the only options for payment were either bank cheque or credit card.  That was just over a year ago.  Maybe things have changed, maybe you can use other methods now (I don't know) but when you get the request for payment you MUST follow the payment instructions on the payment request.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

At the time of my payment request, the only options for payment were either bank cheque or credit card.  That was just over a year ago.  Maybe things have changed, maybe you can use other methods now (I don't know) but when you get the request for payment you MUST follow the payment instructions on the payment request.  

Same here: only credit card or bank cheque.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jimbob007 said:

Hi Peter2 you lodged 18th May 2015 and still havent been granted.

Back to the uk for us then,

Yes, mainly because AoS took 7-8 months and we had to resend all documents because PVC team said they didn't receive them 2 months later.

1 hour ago, Peter2 said:

Yes, mainly because AoS took 7-8 months and we had to resend all documents because PVC team said they didn't receive them 2 months later.

Considering, the current situation with centrelink 7-8 months period for AOS does not sound bad at all.

Well looks like I will be in a couple of unfortunate situations - my flatmate has always been aware that I am immigrating with the thought of it being early 2019 so she has been making arrangements of selling her place and moving back to Sweden so at this rate I will be homeless if these delays continue.  In addition my boss has decided to retire at the end of March 2019 also with me immigrating early 2019 so he may not be replaced that will mean that I will need to be re-deployed if that happens. We both thought we would leave at the same time. I was not stressed but now I am. At one stage the processing of  173 was shorter than 143 but now its on par.

Just spoke to my daughter and she suggests I apply for the 600 visa if necessary instead of looking for other accommodation. Watch this space.

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

Well looks like I will be in a couple of unfortunate situations - my flatmate has always been aware that I am immigrating with the thought of it being early 2019 so she has been making arrangements of selling her place and moving back to Sweden so at this rate I will be homeless if these delays continue.  In addition my boss has decided to retire at the end of March 2019 also with me immigrating early 2019 so he may not be replaced that will mean that I will need to be re-deployed if that happens. We both thought we would leave at the same time. I was not stressed but now I am. At one stage the processing of  173 was shorter than 143 but now its on par.

Just spoke to my daughter and she suggests I apply for the 600 visa if necessary instead of looking for other accommodation. Watch this space.

We feel your stress...as we have a live in job, which we originally we told our boss would probably mean us leaving Feb 2017....the original 18 months!  Then we’ve extended a bit more and a bit more, thankfully with an understanding boss, but he wants to do things with the property now...so we’ve said Sept 2019 for now but even then we can’t be sure and may be living in rented accommodation until everything is finalised!  Also family is on continual hold mode - they have lives as well but can’t prgress until Aos is sorted! Frustration 😤

• Sad 1

@Marilyn I do hope things work out for you! The delays in processing have impacted on quite a lot of people. Just be aware that the 600 visa will sometimes carry the only 12 months stay in any 18 and must maintain health  insurance which is very expensive. It seems to be pot luck whether you get those conditions or not! 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1