Guest guest36187

Hello everyone, so glad to find a parents visa topic so everyone can shared and updated their exps as information on immi website are quiet limited. Anw, I just found this link it showed migration programme report and I was so disappointed to see 2016-2017 year there was only 6218 contributory parents visa granted out of 7175 places was available. To be worst, this year 2017-2018 there was only 6015 visas granted out of 7175. Even Parents Visa they only gave 1356 visas granted out of 1500 available (it means if they are keep reducing the visas granted each year parents visa would be about 39 years waiting for someone apply Jun-2018) From some sources that I've read, apparently they are aiming to reduced contributory visa level so that only 5000 visas will be granted yearly. They don't want too many migration to Australia and they are trying to reducing all permanent visas. That is so terrible, so if someone applying now for CPV (Jun2018) they would have to wait 7+ years as visas granted each year are reducing but people applying each year are more and more??

Here are the report link for the last 9 years

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/reports-publications/research-statistics/statistics/live-in-australia/migration-programme

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, nataliee said:

Hello everyone, so glad to find a parents visa topic so everyone can shared and updated their exps as information on immi website are quiet limited. Anw, I just found this link it showed migration programme report and I was so disappointed to see 2016-2017 year there was only 6218 contributory parents visa granted out of 7175 places was available. To be worst, this year 2017-2018 there was only 6015 visas granted out of 7175. Even Parents Visa they only gave 1356 visas granted out of 1500 available (it means if they are keep reducing the visas granted each year parents visa would be about 39 years waiting for someone apply Jun-2018) From some sources that I've read, apparently they are aiming to reduced contributory visa level so that only 5000 visas will be granted yearly. They don't want too many migration to Australia and they are trying to reducing all permanent visas. That is so terrible, so if someone applying now for CPV (Jun2018) they would have to wait 7+ years as visas granted each year are reducing but people applying each year are more and more??

Here are the report link for the last 9 years

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/reports-publications/research-statistics/statistics/live-in-australia/migration-programme

Shocking to read they have missed the 143/173 cap again this year by 1160 places.

And pipeline up to 48,595, so minimum 8 years processing for anyone applying this year.

856485316_ParentVisas2017-18.thumb.png.b3bf0854c0c6220de56f71d79e610d97.png

Hi,

i am a bit confused with the numbers. The report here says that there were 44000+ at end of June 2017. 

But one message few pages back (with a table) mentioned around 38000. Am I missing something?

still no news for temp visa as well. 

Regards

51 minutes ago, Kaybee said:

Hi,

i am a bit confused with the numbers. The report here says that there were 44000+ at end of June 2017. 

But one message few pages back (with a table) mentioned around 38000. Am I missing something?

still no news for temp visa as well. 

Regards

Yes that's right, last years report said 38,508 at 30/06/17, now this years says there were 44,886 on the same date. Where did they find the extra 6378? That's just about a full year of waiting added on for 2016/17 applicants. And how can we now trust that this years not really higher than the 48,585 they are claiming?  

I wonder whether it’s people on 103 visa applications  swopping  over to 143 due the  wait lengthening to well over 30 years as they keep their original lodgement date?.ie original number 38000 at end June 2017 but after that in 2018  perhaps  people swop but get added  to the last years total as their original lodgement was an earlier year?  Definitely something wrong with the numbers they are reporting. Especially as they are claiming demand for places actually decreased by over 10000! 

Edited by LindaH27

I think with the revised 2016/17 pipeline now at 44,886, there would have been about 20k new applications in 2016/17. And for 2017/18 only 10k of new applications hence the decrease of 10,000.

20,000 applications on there own will take over three years to process and they haven't even started on 2016/17 yet. So as a rough calculation for the next few years, we will see processing move forward one week per month.

With our own application lodged in March 2016, we have to expect to wait another two years before we hear from immi.

Edited by SusieRoo

It’s all very disheartening.... and there’s some very creative accounting going on! 

Seems strange it’s only for 2017-18 year but then again this year has seen more anti immigration views from the government. I’m very concerned that the 143/173 visas granted will continue to fall in the following years. 

37 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

It’s all very disheartening.... and there’s some very creative accounting going on! 

Seems strange it’s only for 2017-18 year but then again this year has seen more anti immigration views from the government. I’m very concerned that the 143/173 visas granted will continue to fall in the following years. 

Yes it's very disappointing, but I found it’s much easier to deal with when I don’t set myself up for setbacks.

I think we all realise this process is never going to smooth sailing and none of the information from immi can ever be taken too literally. Politicians will always be motivated to use immigration to gain popularist votes. We just have to be resigned to getting through this process eventually, even if it takes 10 years.

Originally we put our lives on hold, thinking we would be granted visas in a few months. Now we get on with everything like we always have, except we have become healthier (tummies smaller, lower blood pressure and hopefully fit enough to pass medicals).

There's even a few positives, like house prices now falling in Australia and we will be closer to retirement age when we move, so not as much need to find jobs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Yes it's very disappointing, but I found it’s much easier to deal with when I don’t set myself up for setbacks.

I think we all realise this process is never going to smooth sailing and none of the information from immi can ever be taken too literally. Politicians will always be motivated to use immigration to gain popularist votes. We just have to be resigned to getting through this process eventually, even if it takes 10 years.

Originally we put our lives on hold, thinking we would be granted visas in a few months. Now we get on with everything like we always have, except we have become healthier (tummies smaller, lower blood pressure and hopefully fit enough to pass medicals).

There's even a few positives, like house prices now falling in Australia and we will be closer to retirement age when we move, so not as much need to find jobs.

House prices also falling in the uk though and likely to go to continue so not all good 

44 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Yes you’re not in a bad position but unfortunately I’ll be 68 in a few months so don’t have as much time! Can’t believe the website at the time I applied was saying 18-24 months!! 

Hi all,

We've been requested to pay 2nd VAC. Those who have visa granted, could you please let us know whether you pay by bank cheque and have your visa within 10 days? and is the bank cheque directed to "Department of Home Affairs"?

My agent said it could take up to 2 months for bank cheque.

1 minute ago, Peter2 said:

Hi all,

We've been requested to pay 2nd VAC. Those who have visa granted, could you please let us know whether you pay by bank cheque and have your visa within 10 days? and is the bank cheque directed to "Department of Home Affairs"?

My agent said it could take up to 2 months for bank cheque.

Respectfully - I think your agent is wrong, assuming you are arranging a back cheque in the UK or in Australia.

Details of the payee are on the letter requesting payment of the 2nd VAC.

Best regards.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Respectfully - I think your agent is wrong, assuming you are arranging a back cheque in the UK or in Australia.

Details of the payee are on the letter requesting payment of the 2nd VAC.

Best regards.

Thanks very much Alan. My agent is not so sure about the check and they insist on me paying by credit card, but I don't have such a high limit.

I'll be sending an Australian bank cheque, and based on the payment instruction below, I think it's to the "Department of Home Affairs".

I hope someone who has done it could clarify this.

Payment by Bank Cheque

Bank cheques should be made payable to the Department of Home Affairs and sent by registered post to the following address:

Parent Visa Centre

Contributory Parent Section

Locked Bag 7

NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865

AUSTRALIA

20 minutes ago, Peter2 said:

Thanks very much Alan. My agent is not so sure about the check and they insist on me paying by credit card, but I don't have such a high limit.

I'll be sending an Australian bank cheque, and based on the payment instruction below, I think it's to the "Department of Home Affairs".

I hope someone who has done it could clarify this.

Payment by Bank Cheque

Bank cheques should be made payable to the Department of Home Affairs and sent by registered post to the following address:

Parent Visa Centre

Contributory Parent Section

Locked Bag 7

NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865

AUSTRALIA

Yes, bank cheque and registered post is the way to go.  You should get your visa grant very quickly - see my timeline below.

• Like 1