Guest guest36187

On 11 September 2018 at 10:49, LindaH27 said:

You also need to be aware of the lengthening times for these visas - an application now is probably looking at over 5-6 years wait and the possibility of problems arising affecting the medicals.   Im in a similar age group so have my own doubts even though my application was in June 2017 when processing times were allegedly around 2 years! 

2014 applicants are currently waiting well over 3 years and there are currently around 50000 on the wait list for CPV visas. 

Sorry Im not being pessimistic just  realistic! If you do decide  to go ahead its best to get the application in ASAP  as further delays also  run the risk of the visa charges increasing. Good luck! 

Hi Linda,

50,000 is a massive amount on the wait list.  Where did you find this figure?  

Actually, on looking at the chart again it may explain why July 2015 applicants haven’t been contacted much. The year end for visas is end June. The year ending June 2015 shows a huge jump in applications and the queue doubled! That may be causing the delay perhaps??

i think this is where the 5/6 year wait possibly kicks in - from June 2015 onwards but I really do hope not !! ☹️☹️

52 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

You can do but I think they  use the earliest date used  in requested documents  to set the period within which you have to enter to validate the visa but not sure. Others will be able to help! Good luck! 

Thank you Linda - I actually just did a test run (sorry I know that test is a very touchy word around here) and it was so easy and quick even uploading documents and passport photo - I managed to print each page as I did it (you cannot save it) so I think I will just wait until asked.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

Thank you Linda - I actually just did a test run (sorry I know that test is a very touchy word around here) and it was so easy and quick even uploading documents and passport photo - I managed to print each page as I did it (you cannot save it) so I think I will just wait until asked.

Hi Marilyn. Yes it's easy to do and from memory you can print or save it at the end. There is the choice of standard turnaround of 10 days or you can pay more for a quicker service. They needed another proof of address for my husband as they couldn't read the original and quickly got in touch by email. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Actually, on looking at the chart again it may explain why July 2015 applicants haven’t been contacted much. The year end for visas is end June. The year ending June 2015 shows a huge jump in applications and the queue doubled! That may be causing the delay perhaps??

i think this is where the 5/6 year wait possibly kicks in - from June 2015 onwards but I really do hope not !! ☹️☹️

Looking at the figures it looks like we’ll be lucky to get our visa in the next years allocation for 18/19 of 7175 if they actually process that many as there was such an increase in2014/15!

8 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Thanks for those figures.  They are awful!  Especially for us newbies to the waiting room!! 

• Like 2

Yes they are - I’m just a year ahead of you and my expectations of eventual visa grant are pretty far away - my daughter is pretty ticked off with it as well!! 

I guess all we can do is try and put all this on the back burner and get on with our lives until we are contacted sometime in the future ! 

• Like 2

On 12 September 2018 at 09:11, Pertenhall said:

Joy of joys - we have been asked to pay 2nd VAC!!!!

Congratulations I am so pleased for you?? we followed your timeline closely as you applied just before us . We were lucky to have our visa granted in April and are now waiting to sell our house before we head out to Melbourne area. Good luck with your next stage ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HarrisL16 said:

Congratulations I am so pleased for you?? we followed your timeline closely as you applied just before us . We were lucky to have our visa granted in April and are now waiting to sell our house before we head out to Melbourne area. Good luck with your next stage ?

Thank you!  Yes we now need to sell our house.  The Governor of the Bank of England hasn't helped by saying a no-deal Brexit will lead to a 30% drop in house prices!  

• Like 1

On 27 July 2018 at 10:40, Marilyn said:
3 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Thank you!  Yes we now need to sell our house.  The Governor of the Bank of England hasn't helped by saying a no-deal Brexit will lead to a 30% drop in house prices!  

Probably a drop in the exchange rate too!!  It's all so depressing.

8 hours ago, Juliet7 said:

Probably a drop in the exchange rate too!!  It's all so depressing.

It's all very depressing (is this really what the majority of the UK wanted! - not me I may add, I am totally convinced brexit will go down in history as one of the most stupid things the UK has ever done). House prices have dropped already over the last 9 months so be realistic with offers, not good I know. I know several people trying to sell without luck and have all been told prices are currently down between 15 to 20% from this time last year!  It's only going to get worse. If you get an offer anywhere near reasonable I'd take it and run for Oz. Congratulations on the visa. 

Guest Gurtej teji
13 minutes ago, Elbert said:

@Gurtej teji @Ray and Geri @Judy @Peter2

Did you guys hear anything from centrelink after applying for AOS? More than 20 weeks have already been passed.

Does anyone know how centrelink prioritise applications? some folks get their phone call earlier than others...

we had applied Aos 19 march . It has been 26 weeks. but yet we didn't hear anything and didn't get  call from centrelink 

Anyone know why are they taking long time for AOS?

12 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

It's all very depressing (is this really what the majority of the UK wanted! - not me I may add, I am totally convinced brexit will go down in history as one of the most stupid things the UK has ever done). House prices have dropped already over the last 9 months so be realistic with offers, not good I know. I know several people trying to sell without luck and have all been told prices are currently down between 15 to 20% from this time last year!  It's only going to get worse. If you get an offer anywhere near reasonable I'd take it and run for Oz. Congratulations on the visa. 

Oh for another referendum now we all know the difficulties involved!

2 hours ago, Elbert said:

@Gurtej teji @Ray and Geri @Judy @Peter2

Did you guys hear anything from centrelink after applying for AOS? More than 20 weeks have already been passed.

Does anyone know how centrelink prioritise applications? some folks get their phone call earlier than others...

We haven't heard yet. 18 weeks processing was up last Wednesday. Our son called them to chase them up on Thursday so fingers crossed we might hear soon but I'm not holding my breath. 

PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2018-19 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged each day, processing time has exceed 49 months.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 11 June 2015.

·         ONSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 864 and 884)

When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including  (but not limited to)  an Assurance of Support (subclass 864 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 27 October 2016.

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT APPLICANTS (subclass 173 to 143 and 884 to 864)

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 24 November 2017. 

PROCESSING NON-CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2018-19 Migration Program year, 1500 Non-Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 103)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer, your eligibility for a visa will be assessed and if you are found to meet eligibility requirements your application will be placed in a queue and assigned a queue date to wait for a visa place.  

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged in August 2016.

We are currently assessing for visa grant applications with a queue date in August 2010.

·         ONSHORE APPLICANTS (Subclass 804)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application.  As soon as you are assessed as meeting all requirements your application will be placed in a queue and assigned a queue date to wait for a visa place.   

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged in April 2016.

We are currently assessing for finalisation applications with a queue date in April 2010. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For people who haven’t yet figured out: please make sure your email don’t have “test” anywhere in the subject or body, then you will receive auto-reply from the department. It seems someone from the department is quite annoyed with all the “test” email he/she received everyday so he/she put a filter on all of them to go straight to the bin :(. Such a POOR FORM and inconsistency for a governmental department!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DavidHD said:

For people who haven’t yet figured out: please make sure your email don’t have “test” anywhere in the subject or body, then you will receive auto-reply from the department. It seems someone from the department is quite annoyed with all the “test” email he/she received everyday so he/she put a filter on all of them to go straight to the bin :(. Such a POOR FORM and inconsistency for a governmental department!

Hmm...maybe that he/she is the one and only someone in the department ...that would account for delays!?