Guest guest36187

On 22 August 2018 at 04:46, vika said:

Hi Forum members,

Thanks for all your information so far - I'm really grateful.

I'm having an absolute nightmare understanding one section of the 47PA form:
Part H – Members of the family unit aged 18 years or over (Each member of the family unit aged 18 years or over listed below,
whether they are migrating or not, must also complete a form 47A Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over.)

1) So, I have a sister living in my parent's country. She is married and her life is generally independent from ours.
Should the sentence "child or other dependent family member" be interpreted as " [child] and [other-dependent] " or " [child and other]-dependent".

So, basically should we as children need to fill this section up even if we are not dependent on our parents just because we are the members of the same family ?

If not, the only section to mention our relationship is in: Part J – Details of other family members.
2) Here, should my father and mother both have our names listed in their respective sections?

Sorry for this complicatedly phrased question.

Hi,  

The definition of the Family Unit is limited to only partners and dependent children of the main applicant.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Dear friends

I have received the 2nd vac request ($43600) of 143 visa application and I have sent form 815 via Email and posted the bank check of $43600 on 22nd of Aug. ( I knew that pay by credit card is faster but 1.3% surcharge is just ridiculous, so the surcharge amount will be more than $500)  

How long does it take to get the visa granted

Many thanks

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Sharad Guru said:

Congrats for such a great update.

most probably u’ll Get your visa by the end of this week..

when did u applied for 143..??

Hi thank you and I hope my good news give you good vibes too

Visa applied on April 2015

Invitation of document preparation on Oct 2017

Request for document and medical check on April 2018 

The medical check has an issue with tuberculosis concern, so additional medical check required and takes 3 months 

2nd vac requested  and bank check and form 815 sent on 22 Aug

Now waiting for updates

I hope the form 815 will not delay the visa granting

Edited by Sydneypianoteacher

4 minutes ago, Sydneypianoteacher said:

The medical check has an issue with tuberculosis concern, so additional medical check required and takes 3 months 

Now waiting for updates

Fingers crossed ?.

i applied in aug 2015.nothing till now..

On 07/06/2016 at 08:49, Skeelsy said:

Hi. We are in Newport 10 mins from Palm beach and 15 mins from colleroy where our fav restaurant there was partially washed out to sea. We are on hill facing Pittwater and Scotland island and fortunately had some shelter. Just opened some more roads today but clearing up will take a while longer. Houses below us flooded out and we had lovely waterfall in garden which fortunately missed house. Another King tide in couple of hours and waves still about 5 to 10 m when we passed colleroy earlier today. Poor Tassie getting it now. Fingers crossed no more lives are lost Kim

Hi I was just reading all the old messages from 2016 and picking up any tips and saw that you are in Newport - I will also be moving there when my visa is granted my daughter and SIL have bought a house along Barrenjoey Road not far from Newport Primary School so would be great to grab a coffee (or a gin for me at the rate my waiting is going) when i finally get there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sydneypianoteacher said:

Now waiting for updates

When did you pay your AoS bond?  Just wondering how long it took from that to them asking for 2nd VAC.

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173) When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 25 May 2015.

So disappointing - told my grandkids earlier this year that I would be there just after Santa visited and looks like now I will have to tell them it will be after the Easter bunny has come!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

It says he was immigration minister in Tony Abbott’s government. Anyone know what he was like then? . Wonder what HE feels about immigration!!

According to a friend who worked in immigration he was awful. Changed everything, and then changed things again shortly later. As far as I know 18 months in the job and couldn’t hand it over quickly enough.

Staff were relieved when he left. Most felt Dutton has done a good strong fair job. Only saying what has been said to me from people working in immigration.

Edited by ramot
  • Sad 3

17 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

When did you pay your AoS bond?  Just wondering how long it took from that to them asking for 2nd VAC.

I paid my AOS bond on 27th May 2018, and it took centrelink more than 2 months to issue an Acceptance letter

After I submit the Acceptance letter to the Department of Home Affairs it only takes them about 2 weeks to send me the 2nd VAC request

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wishfull said:

Great news @Seamus, at last some movement! I hope your parents have their visas granted soon.

Has anyone else had any movement over the last few weeks?

3 minutes ago, envinur said:

Congratulations!

Thanks, the request for additional documents was received on 19/07/2018, yet it took them more than one month to send out the 2nd VAC request.

3 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

It says he was immigration minister in Tony Abbott’s government. Anyone know what he was like then? . Wonder what HE feels about immigration!!

Wasn’t Scott Morrison in charge of immigration in 2014 when the old parent visa was scraped?

• Sad 1

On 23/08/2018 at 15:50, MillieB said:

Hi,  

The definition of the Family Unit is limited to only partners and dependent children of the main applicant.

Hope that helps.

Hi MillieB,

Thanks for your help. Does this mean even if I have provided main applicant's partner's (my mom) passport details, etc. in Form 47PA, she still needs to fill 47A as well ??

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Wasn’t Scott Morrison in charge of immigration in 2014 when the old parent visa was scraped?

Yes until December 2014. He scrapped the non contributory parent visas. 103 and 804 in June but was forced to reinstate them in September following a disallowance motion by the Greens - I think! 

Probably why there was such a huge jump in parent applications by end 2014/2015 and going forward  - in case they scrapped them again and parents wanted to get in the queue and perhaps also explains jump in contributory applications as well 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Well I’m ‘open’ to the possibility of Peter Dutton jumping into Lake Burley Griffin

Peter Dutton was the only immigration minister who was prepared to meet with our visa 410 group even though others had been approached over the years. He gave up of his time to us, listened to us and promised to consider our position, which he did, and put in a pathway for 410 & 405 visas to get PR. He was a different person when met on a personal level, than he comes across on TV.

• Like 4

On 23/08/2018 at 10:19, Qflyer said:

My parents are in the queue for a subclass 143.

The old man had a health scare last night - "acute pulmonary oedema secondary / hypertensive emergency" last night (fluid in lungs due to heart failure). Thankfully he's out of the woods now, just needs to stay a couple of nights in hospital. 

We've been DIYing their application so far. They're a few years away from having their visa application assessed. Would Dad's health scare warrant going to an Agent for assistance? I'm nervous about the implications this might have on his health assessment when the time comes.

Also, they're in Malaysia whereas I'm in Sydney. I've been coordinating the paperwork to date. Would people recommend an Agent in Sydney or should an Agent also be based where they live? (they aren't too tech savvy but Mum has grasped email and Facebook). 

Friendly bump... ?

Think I know the answer to my own question (which is to get an agent) but just wanted a sanity check...

• Like 1