Guest guest36187

Guest Gurtej teji

Hey Rayan i have also applied 143 so please contact with me 

Edited by Gurtej teji
Removed phone number

Guest Gurtej teji
On 19/06/2018 at 12:30, Kathss56 said:

Am gutted I hope this isn’t for me and hoping it will be the 44mths!  I will def have to come home for the full 6mths at this rate. So angry !!

Please contact with me

34 minutes ago, Ryan 2017 said:

No I just like to see how many people in the same situation I didn’t ask for any contact no...

Hi, we’re one day ahead of you. Similar situation, everything submitted, just waiting for new financial year to start and the hope that things will start to move.

By the way, don’t think Nemesis was referring to you, more like Gurtej!

Geoff & Gill

• Like 1

Hi everyone!Planning to apply visa 173 for my parents?How long is the processing time?Is it worth it or should we go for visa 143 immediately?How about the AoS requirement,do we need to have that money in our bank to show them as well?We just recently had our PR last year and been in Australia for 3 years now.Not a citizen yet as the laws have changed (4 years PR).Please enlighten us!

4 hours ago, shingjongkeona said:

Hi everyone!Planning to apply visa 173 for my parents?How long is the processing time?Is it worth it or should we go for visa 143 immediately?How about the AoS requirement,do we need to have that money in our bank to show them as well?We just recently had our PR last year and been in Australia for 3 years now.Not a citizen yet as the laws have changed (4 years PR).Please enlighten us!

Assume your parents pass the balance of family test? I wouldn't worry about the need to have the AOS money in your account just yet, people applying now are looking at a 5/6 year wait.  That's for the 143, not sure but I believe the 173 is a bit longer.

4 hours ago, shingjongkeona said:

Do not apply for a 173, go directly for 143 and you will still have approximately 7 years to wait before you will need the money for the AoS and the 2nd Vac payment. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

Assume your parents pass the balance of family test? I wouldn't worry about the need to have the AOS money in your account just yet, people applying now are looking at a 5/6 year wait.  That's for the 143, not sure but I believe the 173 is a bit longer.

So the AoS is not needed for lodgement of 143 just yet?

With regards to processing time for 173,it says there that there is unavailable information of processing times due to low volume of applications.Doesn’t that mean it should be faster because not much people are applying for it compared to the 143?

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Do not apply for a 173, go directly for 143 and you will still have approximately 7 years to wait before you will need the money for the AoS and the 2nd Vac payment. Good luck!

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Our plan was to apply for 173 because at least they will be here quicker compared to the 143 (that’s what I think).What do you mean with the 7-year wait?Is that for 143 or 173 or total for both?

1 hour ago, shingjongkeona said:

Our plan was to apply for 173 because at least they will be here quicker compared to the 143 (that’s what I think).What do you mean with the 7-year wait?Is that for 143 or 173 or total for both?

The 173 visas take exactly the same time to process as the 143, but with the 173 you will then have another delay when upgrading to a 143 (currently 1 year).

There are now over 46,745 applicants queuing for 143/173 parent visas. Yet there were only 6218 parent visas grated last year and this is now set to reduce even further. So unfortunately you can see the queue is now likely to be well over 7 years (and growing fast).

Also the rules will undoubtedly change in next few years, but hopefully any changes will only apply to new applications. So once you have applied you should be safe from price rises or other vagaries. But if you now go down the temporary 173 visa route, you may find when applying for the 143 in 8 or 9 years time, you now have a whole set of new criteria and expense. So best to lock in now on a 143 (I wish we had known about this 27 months ago but we are now stuck on the 173 bus).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

The 173 visas take exactly the same time to process as the 143, but with the 173 you will then have another delay when upgrading to a 143 (currently 1 year).

There are now over 46,745 applicants queuing for 143/173 parent visas. Yet there were only 6218 parent visas grated last year and this is now set to reduce even further. So unfortunately you can see the queue is now likely to be well over 7 years (and growing fast).

Also the rules will undoubtedly change in next few years, but hopefully any changes will only apply to new applications. So once you have applied you should be safe from price rises or other vagaries. But if you now go down the temporary 173 visa route, you may find when applying for the 143 in 8 or 9 years time, you now have a whole set of new criteria and expense. So best to lock in now on a 143 (I wish we had known about this 27 months ago but we are now stuck on the 173 bus).

When do they ask for the AoS?Do we submit it together with the initial documents?

Only the initial form. They ask for payment only when they are ready to grant visas - so it means many years in the future!! Applicants who applied before April 2015 are only now being granted their visas so many have waited 40 months so far. Later applicants such as yourself will have a much longer wait. They are only now processing applications for visa grant on applications dated on or before 5 May 2015. Also  you have to apply for 143 after two years on 173 then wait again on a bridging visa  with all its associated problems and then parents will have to have another medical I believe plus visa charge could have increased again. I’m not sure whether it depends on Medicals  etc as I don’t know whether going from 173 to 143 is guaranteed. Some posters on here are having problems on changing from one to the other. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Where did you find the information that there are over 46,745 applicants in the queue for the parent visa and that the plan is to reduce further  the number of visas to be issued annually?

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Not quite.

Subclass 173 applications do not require an AoS - this is required at permanent visa stage - so a 173 application will take a few months less time from go to whoa than a one stage 143 application.

I agree that a 2 step strategy is going to cost more than going straight to permanent residency.

Best regards.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Only the initial form. They ask for payment only when they are ready to grant visas - so it means many years in the future!! Applicants who applied before April 2015 are only now being granted their visas so many have waited 40 months so far. Later applicants such as yourself will have a much longer wait. They are only now processing applications for visa grant on applications dated on or before 5 May 2015. Also  you have to apply for 143 after two years on 173 then wait again on a bridging visa  with all its associated problems and then parents will have to have another medical I believe plus visa charge could have increased again. I’m not sure whether it depends on Medicals  etc as I don’t know whether going from 173 to 143 is guaranteed. Some posters on here are having problems on changing from one to the other. 

I think u have mistakenly read it u can apply for 143 once u enter aus on 173 even after week not after spending 2 years on the 173 the only benefit is cost is spread among two visas thats it other remain same 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ramot said:

Where did you find the information that there are over 46,745 applicants in the queue for the parent visa and that the plan is to reduce further  the number of visas to be issued annually?

Good question Ramot.

The number 46,745 is from a post by Kathss56, which includes a transcript from Senator McKim’s questioning of a Department of Home Affairs representative back in May of this year (see page 681 of this thread).

The reduction in the number of CPV places is an assumption based on the following,

1. The announcement in the last budget, that people on the old retirement visas would have an option to gain PR via parent visa stream places.

2. Rumours that SA farmers may also be given priority visas using parent visa places.

3. The 2016 government report highlighting the overall cost to the Australian taxpayer of each parent immigrant. Combined with several news stories that Peter Dutton is taking a harder line on immigration.

4. The news that the ‘cap’ would now only be used as guide, not a target (with clear evidence this happened in 2016-17 with only 6218 visas granted from a cap of 7175).

Obviously this could all change at any time, but the point I am trying to stress is to not underestimate the time it will take for new applications to be processed. I feel very annoyed at the lack transparency and I wouldn’t mind waiting 4/5 or even 7 year for a visa if I know this from day one. I think most people here are experiencing a longer wait than they were anticipating. For us, this has caused considerable turmoil in our lives and I would like to help others from making the same mistake.

BTW- Sorry to see so little movement with the subclass 864/ 884 visas. Just doesn’t seam fair to now be moving so slowly without any explanation.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

I think u have mistakenly read it u can apply for 143 once u enter aus on 173 even after week not after spending 2 years on the 173 the only benefit is cost is spread among two visas thats it other remain same 

Features

This visa lets parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently.

You could apply for the Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173) before this visa. Applying for the temporary visa and then this permanent visa costs more but the costs are spread across the two visas over a longer period of time.     

This is from Homelands website!  Does cost more and possible more of a headache??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Not quite.

Subclass 173 applications do not require an AoS - this is required at permanent visa stage - so a 173 application will take a few months less time from go to whoa than a one stage 143 application.

I agree that a 2 step strategy is going to cost more than going straight to permanent residency.

Best regards.

Yes, this may be technically true, but I noticed in last months Global Processing Times update, they were showing longer times for 173 visas compared to 143s. Also from other posters experiences, there doesn’t appear to be any significant difference.

But I defer to your expertise and personally I hope you are right, as it would be nice if we could find anything positive from applying for 173s.

I know I have asked you this before, but have you had any recent experience of people switching from a 173 to 143 after being allocated a case officer? Surely it’s only the AoS to add and I can’t understand why this would generate any complications.    

24 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Good question Ramot.

The number 46,745 is from a post by Kathss56, which includes a transcript from Senator McKim’s questioning of a Department of Home Affairs representative back in May of this year (see page 681 of this thread).

The reduction in the number of CPV places is an assumption based on the following,

1. The announcement in the last budget, that people on the old retirement visas would have an option to gain PR via parent visa stream places.

2. Rumours that SA farmers may also be given priority visas using parent visa places.

3. The 2016 government report highlighting the overall cost to the Australian taxpayer of each parent immigrant. Combined with several news stories that Peter Dutton is taking a harder line on immigration.

4. The news that the ‘cap’ would now only be used as guide, not a target (with clear evidence this happened in 2016-17 with only 6218 visas granted from a cap of 7175).

Obviously this could all change at any time, but the point I am trying to stress is to not underestimate the time it will take for new applications to be processed. I feel very annoyed at the lack transparency and I wouldn’t mind waiting 4/5 or even 7 year for a visa if I know this from day one. I think most people here are experiencing a longer wait than they were anticipating. For us, this has caused considerable turmoil in our lives and I would like to help others from making the same mistake.

BTW- Sorry to see so little movement with the subclass 864/ 884 visas. Just doesn’t seam fair to now be moving so slowly without any explanation.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes before the pathway for retirement visa and perhaps the South African farmers actually starts, often it seems these new potential visas routes are announced and then nothing else happens for a very long time, so you never know it might not affect the processing of parent visas hopefully for a while.

Having our 2 monthly 410 visa get together later this week, so will sound the others out to see if they are interested in going for PR and if they can afford to. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ramot said:

Will be interesting to see how long it takes before the pathway for retirement visa and perhaps the South African farmers actually starts, often it seems these new potential visas routes are announced and then nothing else happens for a very long time, so you never know it might not affect the processing of parent visas hopefully for a while.

Having our 2 monthly 410 visa get together later this week, so will sound the others out to see if they are interested in going for PR and if they can afford to. 

Same thing with the new temporary parent visa, lots of announcements and then nothing. It was supposed to start last November. I am interested to see if we can move to Australia on the new temp visa while still in the queue for our CPV.

7 hours ago, ramot said:

HI Ramot, We have some special friends on a retirement visa  who have a few years to expiry/renewal. Is this a 410?. It is stressful for them. They were told by agent because they 're established in Oz they'll be ok. But it appears risky. What do you think.?

1 hour ago, ant111 said:

HI Ramot, We have some special friends on a retirement visa  who have a few years to expiry/renewal. Is this a 410?. It is stressful for them. They were told by agent because they 're established in Oz they'll be ok. But it appears risky. What do you think.?

Sorry I have no idea what visa your friends are on.

To the best of my knowledge when a group of us on the 410 visa met with Peter Dutton 18 months ago, he assured us that as there were so few of us on the 410 visa in Australia, approximately 3,500, and the fact that we are totally self funded, there were no plans to change our visas. He also said there were plans in place to let us apply for PR which has now been announced. 

The 410 was closed in 2005 to new applicants, and is now renewed for 10 years for existing holders with almost no hassle, we cost the country nothing, but spend our money here, so you could say we are a bonus to Australia!!!

The other retirement visa 405 although also self funded has very different conditions, I don’t know much about it, but it was also closed to new applicants in the last budget. Don’t know what the rules will be about reapplying for this visa for existing visa holders.