Guest guest36187

I thought you'd decided to wait for your 143 Bry45......changed your minds?!

I've just signed to agree to the conditions on my 600 and will look to see what happens in November with the 3 year temp. We're visiting for a couple of weeks end of June and then when our dogs are ready to fly in November I'll be off!!!!

• Like 3

Very observant of you Suzy and we had indeed decided to wait for the 143, what we hadn't factored in to that decision was our daughter and son in law's reactions and I can tell you they were not best pleased to say the least. Never been told off by my daughter before and needless to say but, they promptly put us in our place.

So, We've spent the last few nights discussing finances, visa costs, private health insurance etc. etc. and agreed to see what or if, the new temp parent visa will work. We also have two dogs to put through the process which we haven't yet started and I'm not going anywhere without them !!

We considered the 600, but we would have to leave after 12 months and as far as I can tell, you can't apply for the new temp visa while on shore, plus, by the time the dogs are Ok to go, the new temp visa will be in play anyway, so we're thinking we will only require the 3 year version as we figure that will be sufficient to see us to the end of the 143 apllication. This is why I asked the question about processing times.

Truth is, we just want to go now and don't want to wait. If we have to, then so be it, but if we can make it happen sooner, we will.

By the way, good for you girl, get yourself gone and I truly hope it all works out for you. To quote the missus (boss), "don't worry, its an adventure"

• Like 4

I've just signed to agree to the conditions on my 600 and will look to see what happens in November with the 3 year temp. We're visiting for a couple of weeks end of June and then when our dogs are ready to fly in November I'll be off!!!!

You've come around to our way of thinking - good for you and your daughter! We just wondered what we were waiting for. The 600 gives me 12 months in any 18 months ashore, but I'm hoping to come back to UK to apply for the 3 temporary when I need as I can't see the 143 queue being managed down at all. No one has told me I can't do that....so waiting for a response!

My husband will continue to work offshore and visit on an e visitor, he's unlikely to ever need to spend more than 3 months at a time in Aus. 

We know we're sticking our necks out a bit but I just feel like I'm waiting for my life to go by here so it's work the risk of something going wrong for us! If I do have to spend 6 months out of the 18 months (if we can't take out the 3 year temp) I'd just break the time frames up a bit and as we have a wonderful daughter in law, she would look after the dogs for us!

I like your bosses attitude!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bry45 said:

Very observant of you Suzy and we had indeed decided to wait for the 143, what we hadn't factored in to that decision was our daughter and son in law's reactions and I can tell you they were not best pleased to say the least. Never been told off by my daughter before and needless to say but, they promptly put us in our place.

So, We've spent the last few nights discussing finances, visa costs, private health insurance etc. etc. and agreed to see what or if, the new temp parent visa will work. We also have two dogs to put through the process which we haven't yet started and I'm not going anywhere without them !!

We considered the 600, but we would have to leave after 12 months and as far as I can tell, you can't apply for the new temp visa while on shore, plus, by the time the dogs are Ok to go, the new temp visa will be in play anyway, so we're thinking we will only require the 3 year version as we figure that will be sufficient to see us to the end of the 143 apllication. This is why I asked the question about processing times.

Truth is, we just want to go now and don't want to wait. If we have to, then so be it, but if we can make it happen sooner, we will.

By the way, good for you girl, get yourself gone and I truly hope it all works out for you. To quote the missus (boss), "don't worry, its an adventure"

Your daughter and son in law are telling you off? Good heavens, and you want to go and live with them? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bry45 said:

Your daughter is the one whose financial neck will be on the block in respect of the sponsor's undertaking to meet public healthcare costs while you are in Australia as the holders of the new temporary residency visa.

She is aware of this?

Best regards.

• Like 1

Just now, 8CPA said:

Ours was done on line too. The agent would have charged us postage otherwise.

Ours was143 as well.

Just now, 8CPA said:

Ours was done on line too. The agent would have charged us postage otherwise.

10 hours ago, Suzyq said:

Can you take dogs over if you are going out on a 600 visa?

4 hours ago, Quoll said:

Your daughter and son in law are telling you off? Good heavens, and you want to go and live with them? 

Exactly what I thought! This couple had  made a decision to go for the 143. The kids were not best pleased and told them off and now they've changed their plans?  Goodness me. The kids chose to live on the other side of the world, they really should let their parents make their own decisions and not scould them.  

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone's concern and offer my apologies to all if I've given the wrong impression, but I think I need to clear something up, the comment in my reply to Suzy regarding us getting told off was light-hearted and meant to reflect their disappointment in the waiting time we are having to accept. The both of them could not be more supportive, even to the extent of offering to pay for the 143 and they fully understand that mum and dad are starting afresh. Indeed, it was them who questioned if moving to Australia is what we really wanted, but after 4 separate visits over the past four years, our minds were made up and the addition of our wonderful granddaughter sealed the deal.

I can assure all that the decision was always ours, we have always planned to retire in a warmer climate and if we can do that with our daughter and granddaughter close by, all the better. It really is us who can't wait to get there, our daughter and son in law just want us to reach our dream sooner -if possible.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

They say they have taken away 355 staff  from visa since start of fianancial year! Dam it!

Ah well, as long as we continue waking up breathing every morning, everything else is a bonus, so all is good

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bry45 said:

I appreciate everyone's concern and offer my apologies to all if I've given the wrong impression, but I think I need to clear something up, the comment in my reply to Suzy regarding us getting told off was light-hearted and meant to reflect their disappointment in the waiting time we are having to accept. The both of them could not be more supportive, even to the extent of offering to pay for the 143 and they fully understand that mum and dad are starting afresh. Indeed, it was them who questioned if moving to Australia is what we really wanted, but after 4 separate visits over the past four years, our minds were made up and the addition of our wonderful granddaughter sealed the deal.

I can assure all that the decision was always ours, we have always planned to retire in a warmer climate and if we can do that with our daughter and granddaughter close by, all the better. It really is us who can't wait to get there, our daughter and son in law just want us to reach our dream sooner -if possible.

Pleased to hear it! My kids are also insisting on sharing the cost of the visa as they say, I'm only getting it because they moved. Best of luck 

• Like 1

Phew, what a whirlwind.  All of a sudden there are not enough hours in the day:o

We decided to go with the basic tourist visa, Subclass:651, and hope we may be sorted within the first 3 months so that we do not need to take a trip offshore before the "visa grant" trip offshore.

We both finished work last week so are both now unemployed.  Notice is in on the rental property and we need to be out on 9th June, technically we will then be homeless. The car was advertised yesterday and we believe we already have a buyer, so then we will have no transport.

The removal company is booked, Council tax sorted, post redirect arranged, services notified, home insurance sorted, lottery direct debit cancelled (over 20 years with the same darn numbers:D) and 3 leaving-dos completed!!  Disposal of white goods sorted today, being collected 6th June.

A bit of travelling arranged from 9th June to do last minute family/friend visiting around the UK until we fly on the 16th June.

Oh, and 2 more leaving-dos and a wedding to fit in between now and the 9th....................................Roll on Australia, I need a rest!!!!!!O.o

Edit: And Police Certificates received last week ready and waiting!

Edited by NanaJan
  • Like 10

You've come around to our way of thinking - good for you and your daughter! We just wondered what we were waiting for. The 600 gives me 12 months in any 18 months ashore, but I'm hoping to come back to UK to apply for the 3 temporary when I need as I can't see the 143 queue being managed down at all. No one has told me I can't do that....so waiting for a response!

My husband will continue to work offshore and visit on an e visitor, he's unlikely to ever need to spend more than 3 months at a time in Aus. 

We know we're sticking our necks out a bit but I just feel like I'm waiting for my life to go by here so it's work the risk of something going wrong for us! If I do have to spend 6 months out of the 18 months (if we can't take out the 3 year temp) I'd just break the time frames up a bit and as we have a wonderful daughter in law, she would look after the dogs for us!

I like your bosses attitude!

• Like 1

I've not been asked anything so far about a visa Kathss56? Good point though and I'll call Pet Air tomorrow to double check. If there is an issue I'm sure my son would take ownership of them for me. I pretty sure you are able to purchase dogs / cats and have them shipped over so long as they go through the correct process. I'll find out and let you know!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NanaJan said:

Phew, what a whirlwind.  All of a sudden there are not enough hours in the day:o

We decided to go with the basic tourist visa, Subclass:651, and hope we may be sorted within the first 3 months so that we do not need to take a trip offshore before the "visa grant" trip offshore.

We both finished work last week so are both now unemployed.  Notice is in on the rental property and we need to be out on 9th June, technically we will then be homeless. The car was advertised yesterday and we believe we already have a buyer, so then we will have no transport.

The removal company is booked, Council tax sorted, post redirect arranged, services notified, home insurance sorted, lottery direct debit cancelled (over 20 years with the same darn numbers:D) and 3 leaving-dos completed!!  Disposal of white goods sorted today, being collected 6th June.

A bit of travelling arranged from 9th June to do last minute family/friend visiting around the UK until we fly on the 16th June.

Oh, and 2 more leaving-dos and a wedding to fit in between now and the 9th....................................Roll on Australia, I need a rest!!!!!!O.o

Good luck Nana Jan, we are not far behind you, we have exchanged on house and fly two days after completion in late July. I was interested  that you have arranged post re-direct - to Australia? or do you have family in uk? We do not now have any close family in UK and have been cancelling everything and could give a friends address for bank etc., but I hope the post office can just put a stop on all the rest. There is such a lot to think about but we are making progress. Not good news that staff on visa processing are being cutback, it can't be an easy job with everyone complaining and now some may lose their jobs. 

I hope it works out for you and everyone else, we decided to drink our wine stock but now it has gone down so much we will have to buy more! 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, NanaJan said:

Hi, we know what you mean! We have just returned from a lovely restful two weeks in Crete and are now back on the case! Having a shipping company coming today to take two boxes of summer clothes/ shoes to Oz. They should arrive just in time for spring.We are now in the process of packing the last couple of boxes to put in storage and in our caravan which will await shipping once 143s are issued. We leave our rented flat on 14th June to stay with friends till 18th when we fly. Geoff is still contemplating having to sell his car, which he loves! See you soon! Where in Melbourne area are heading?

Geoff & Gill

Edited by Geoffandgill
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Suzyq said:

I've not been asked anything so far about a visa Kathss56? Good point though and I'll call Pet Air tomorrow to double check. If there is an issue I'm sure my son would take ownership of them for me. I pretty sure you are able to purchase dogs / cats and have them shipped over so long as they go through the correct process. I'll find out and let you know!

9 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi, we know what you mean! We have just returned from a lovely restful two weeks in Crete and are now back on the case! Having a shipping company coming today to take two boxes of summer clothes/ shoes to Oz. They should arrive just in time for spring.We are now in the process of packing the last couple of boxes to put in storage and in our caravan which will await shipping once 143s are issued. We leave our rented flat on 14th June to stay with friends till 18th when we fly. Geoff is still contemplating having to sell his car, which he loves! See you soon! Where in Melbourne area are heading?

Geoff & Gill

@nyorksgrannie  @Geoffandgill @NanaJan

Great you are all making the move. Hope you will all keep in touch and update us all on here

best wishes to you all ?

• Like 2