Guest guest36187

Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone who has recently applied for a 143 or 173 visa had the fist VAC payment taken. If so when did you send your application and when was the payment taken.

Regards

Joe

Hi Joe,

My application was sent from my agents Melbourne office on the 4th february 2014 and my credit card was debited on the 14th February.

Regards

Glynis

guys this is a very important question ...i think my dads visa is at stake ( cpv 143 ). i added my little bro in my dads application ..he was 17 yrs old when the file was lodged ( march,2013) and now hes 18 yrs old and we r almost a week away from allotment of case officer. MY question - is there a chance of rejection as my bro turned 18 ?

guys pls help me out on this . This visa means alot to me...my dad is alone and hes 66 yrs old.

regards

jenny

Edited by richardcoull

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd provide an update -

My dad's case officer was allocated on the 28th of July, lodgement date 16th Jan 2013. Such a relief but super busy now sorting out stuff. My mum had to get her medicals done despite she being non migrating spouse so both my mum and dad got their medicals done on the 31st of July. I received a letter to lodge the bond on the 29th of July so that was lodged on the 1st of August with Commonwealth Bank.

The case officer requested for Form 80 and 1221 for my mum too so we had to send that through. Other than that all we are waiting for is the original police clearance copy so fingers crossed.

Hopefully this helps those who are waiting for a CO to be allocated, the wait is nearly over :)

Cheers

Priya

Dear Pri

After reading your posts I am convinced that the timeline for PCC ,Medicals and AOS bond as mentioned in the original acknowledgment letter should be meticulously followed. If you had done so then by now your father would have been in Australia on CPV 143 by middle of June 2014 as is clear from visa grant time lines on GAINWAVE UK. No one has suffered who has followed the prescribed timelines as is clear from the various posts in this portal. One should use common sense also and not merely go by MARA agents advice blindly as MARA agents` commonsense is not going to be better than yours [in all probability]. Any way what ends well is well after all.

Regards

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe,

My application was sent from my agents Melbourne office on the 4th february 2014 and my credit card was debited on the 14th February.

Regards

Glynis

Thanks for the update Glynis

Joe

Guest jen1977

Mmant - I don't understand your comment to Pri. The CO was allocated on 28th July 2014 - 6 days ago so how would they already be in Australia. My FIL lodged application in feb 2013 and was not advised at what time to complete Medicals or PC. He has to wait until he has a CO to be given his ID numbers. He has not been allocated a CO as yet.

Maybe leave the negative comments.

Thanks Pri for your update as I check this forum every few days to see if anyone before us has been allocated a CO

Mmant - I don't understand your comment to Pri. The CO was allocated on 28th July 2014 - 6 days ago so how would they already be in Australia. My FIL lodged application in feb 2013 and was not advised at what time to complete Medicals or PC. He has to wait until he has a CO to be given his ID numbers. He has not been allocated a CO as yet.

Maybe leave the negative comments.

Thanks Pri for your update as I check this forum every few days to see if anyone before us has been allocated a CO

Hi Jen - Agree with you entirely

in addition ,because there are no lodgement dates on GAINWAVE after the application has been acknowledged it is impossible to arrive at any meaningful timeline

if you want to obtain your HAP Id you can by emailing WA immi and using the reference HAPLTR in the subject line

cheers

Edited by Barry001

Guest ggarcka

Hi I have applied for a173 visa which was acknowledged 20 september 2013 advising I commence checks 10 months ahead. Seeing info on this site suggesting there were delays in processing I contacted immigration who advised against commencing but instead to contact them again in 5 months time

Hi I have applied for a173 visa which was acknowledged 20 september 2013 advising I commence checks 10 months ahead. Seeing info on this site suggesting there were delays in processing I contacted immigration who advised against commencing but instead to contact them again in 5 months time

Hi,

Yes exactly my point, Despite the checklist, Immigration themselves have advised against commecning Police checks etc per the time line advised so I'm not sure what the right thing to do is. Our migration lawyer also advised to wait. Anyhow, we've lodged the AOS bond and Medicals have been done. Only thing we are waiting on is PCC original for my mum who's non migratory spouse.

Has anyone completed their AOS yet? Can someone advise if afetr lodging the bond with the bank, has the assurer gone in person to Centrelink to hand in the Bank Guarantee or did the Centrelink officer provide an email address to email the documentation through? I was provided an email address so I emailed them, however I'm a bit worried because the letter states to drop it in person, so I'm hoping Centrelink provide me some ackowledgement of the email and send me a letter that AOS has been accepted.

Hi,

Yes exactly my point, Despite the checklist, Immigration themselves have advised against commecning Police checks etc per the time line advised so I'm not sure what the right thing to do is. Our migration lawyer also advised to wait. Anyhow, we've lodged the AOS bond and Medicals have been done. Only thing we are waiting on is PCC original for my mum who's non migratory spouse.

Has anyone completed their AOS yet? Can someone advise if afetr lodging the bond with the bank, has the assurer gone in person to Centrelink to hand in the Bank Guarantee or did the Centrelink officer provide an email address to email the documentation through? I was provided an email address so I emailed them, however I'm a bit worried because the letter states to drop it in person, so I'm hoping Centrelink provide me some ackowledgement of the email and send me a letter that AOS has been accepted.

Our daughter,the Assurer took the completed forms into Centrelink(not all Centrelink offices deal with the AOS process) and they checked the supporting docs and gave them back to her

About 2 weeks later they rang her and conducted an interview over the phone, mostly reiterating her responsibilities as an AOS

A few days later she received a request for the bond which she paid into the account she had to open specifically for the purpose with the Commonwealth Bank, which I believe is the only bank allowed to operate these accounts

cheers

Barry

Edited by Barry001

Our daughter,the Assurer took the completed forms into Centrelink(not all Centrelink offices deal with the AOS process) and they checked the supporting docs and gave them back to her

About 2 weeks later they rang her and conducted an interview over the phone, mostly reiterating her responsibilities as an AOS

A few days later she received a request for the bond which she paid into the account she had to open specifically for the purpose with the Commonwealth Bank, which I believe is the only bank allowed to operate these accounts

cheers

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks, yes I did the same, just got a call & email from Centrelink this morning saying our AOS has been accepted & we'll get a final approval letter in the mail and that they'll notify the Department too.

Does anyone know how much time they give you to enter the country? I hope they give us until early next year because my parents are organising a wedding and it'll be quite hard to come to Australia straight away, worse comes worse my dad will just fly over for a quick week, more expenses ugh but they've got to do what they've got to do!!

Anyone from this thread moving to Melbourne? I know of people on this forum who organsied a forum meet up in various cities here and I reckon it's a great idea for newbee parents to meet people of a similar situation having moved to a new country..

Cheers

Priya

Hi Barry,

Thanks, yes I did the same, just got a call & email from Centrelink this morning saying our AOS has been accepted & we'll get a final approval letter in the mail and that they'll notify the Department too.

Does anyone know how much time they give you to enter the country? I hope they give us until early next year because my parents are organising a wedding and it'll be quite hard to come to Australia straight away, worse comes worse my dad will just fly over for a quick week, more expenses ugh but they've got to do what they've got to do!!

Anyone from this thread moving to Melbourne? I know of people on this forum who organsied a forum meet up in various cities here and I reckon it's a great idea for newbee parents to meet people of a similar situation having moved to a new country..

Cheers

Priya

Hi

As I understand it, when the 143 is granted, you have 12 months from the date of the police check or medical whichever is the earliest to to enter (validate the visa) Australia

Once that is done you can come and go for 5 years before you need to take up permanent residency

Someone please correct me if this is wrong

Cheers

Barry

Edited by Barry001

Guest jen1977

My FIL's CPV143 turns out it was lodged 4th Feb 2013 and we never received anything from the agent regarding acknowledgement despite asking many times. Today we have finally received paperwork from immigration saying he is about to be assigned a CO and to hand in everything. One thing that was required was the AOS and for us to do the AOS with centre link we need the original letter - did we ever receive the letter - no because the useless agent didn't bother to pass it on. So now I have to try and get another one sent so that we can lodge the paperwork. So annoyed.

Edited by jen1977
Removed name and shame

My FIL's CPV143 turns out it was lodged 4th Feb 2013 and we never received anything from the agent regarding acknowledgement despite asking many times. Today we have finally received paperwork from immigration saying he is about to be assigned a CO and to hand in everything. One thing that was required was the AOS and for us to do the AOS with centre link we need the original letter - did we ever receive the letter - no because the useless agent didn't bother to pass it on. So now I have to try and get another one sent so that we can lodge the paperwork. So annoyed.

Hi, sorry you too have had a bad experience with a migration agent. I reported ours to MARA after she took a huge fee from us then disappeared. She can no longer charge a fee for migration advice which is great as nobody will use her and I continued my visa application myself yet didn't get my money back. Its not that difficult to do on your own so long as your situation is not complicated. There is a really good migration agent who posts on this thread from Go Matilda called Alan Collett. He has a superb reputation and gives good advice.

Good luck with the visa!

Regards, Val

Guest jen1977

Thanks Val. The funny thing with ambler Collins we used them for my husbands visa and they were superb. Used them for my MIL CPV143 visa and again great so we went with them again. After repeatedly letting us down we changed to Go Matilda a couple of months ago. I have spoken with Alan this afternoon and he is going to request for a new letter to be sent. Hopefully it won't take too long. I will look into reporting ambler Collins to MARA

Hi Steve2, yes I'll be updating on here for sure, hope you do too. It is nerve wracking, and lengthy (and pricey!), I think we will need to be patient for a while now. You were lucky with lodging on 1 July that they don't seem to have increased the fee this year. I thought they would go with a big increase since there is no longer the 103 option. Some good news for a change! Good luck...

Regards,

AmandaJB

Hi

After a brief exchange of e-mails with the Parents visa office in Perth it transpires that they are still acknowledging lodgements made on 1 June 2014!

They are not giving any clues as to when they are taking the 1st vac payment, only that they will send a receipt attached to the acknowledgement e-mail.

Great way to treat people who are spending thousands of dollars to move over there.

Regards

Hi

As I understand it, when the 143 is granted, you have 12 months from the date of the police check or medical whichever is the earliest to to enter (validate the visa) Australia

Once that is done you can come and go for 5 years before you need to take up permanent residency

Someone please correct me if this is wrong

Cheers

Barry

Hi,

Yes that's what I've heard re visa grant, you have 12 months from the date of PCC/Medicals whichever is earliest. However, if people follow the timelines per the checklist then those things are completed way before the CO is allocated which in turn leaves very little time for one to enter the country from when the visa is granted. Anyhow, I'm going to ask my migration lawyer to see if he can request an extended date on the visa grant, but I guess I'll only do that once the request for the 2nd VAC is received. Else more $$ down the drain for my dad to visit for a week or so to validate his visa and then go back to attend my wedding..

Also, the 5 year clause means the Permanent Residency visa is a 5 year visa. It means permanent residents carrying that visa must spend atleast 2 years every 5 years in the country (doesn't have to be 2 years in 1 go, but can be made up of several visits). If they dont do that they have to apply for a resident return visa. So the best bet for those parents who are trying to be in and out of the country is to stay 4 years and get their citizenship after which they can stay n or out of Australia as much as they like without any visa issues.

Cheers

Edited by pri191087

Hi,

Yes that's what I've heard re visa grant, you have 12 months from the date of PCC/Medicals whichever is earliest. However, if people follow the timelines per the checklist then those things are completed way before the CO is allocated which in turn leaves very little time for one to enter the country from when the visa is granted. Anyhow, I'm going to ask my migration lawyer to see if he can request an extended date on the visa grant, but I guess I'll only do that once the request for the 2nd VAC is received. Else more $$ down the drain for my dad to visit for a week or so to validate his visa and then go back to attend my wedding..

Also, the 5 year clause means the Permanent Residency visa is a 5 year visa. It means permanent residents carrying that visa must spend atleast 2 years every 5 years in the country (doesn't have to be 2 years in 1 go, but can be made up of several visits). If they dont do that they have to apply for a resident return visa. So the best bet for those parents who are trying to be in and out of the country is to stay 4 years and get their citizenship after which they can stay n or out of Australia as much as they like without any visa issues.

Cheers

Hi there,

I am quite concerned about the second paragraph of your post; can you point me in the direction as to where you got that particular piece of information please? My CPV143 was granted and validated in November 2012 and we are still here in the UK trying to sell our house. We have spent only 12 weeks in Australia since getting the 143. I understood that you could come and go as you pleased until 5 years after validation. In our case that would mean that we have to be in full time residence by November 2017. If the rules have changed, I'm wondering why we have not been notified.

Can you send me a link or a quote from where you got your info please?

Thanks, Val

Hi,

Cheers

The way it works is that you can delay moving over to Australia permanently until just before the end of the five year period. However, it is advisable to move over before the end of three years for reasons explained as follows.

Your right to come and go on your visa expires at the end of five years. So, if after these five years you want to leave Australia for any reason, eg holiday, and you are not a citizen (which you won’t be as you won’t have spent the requisite four years in Australia) in order to get back into Australia you will need to apply for a Resident Return Visa. In order to get this you will need to have spent at least two years in Australia. Hope this makes sense.

Edited by Bridgeman

Hi there,

I am quite concerned about the second paragraph of your post; can you point me in the direction as to where you got that particular piece of information please? My CPV143 was granted and validated in November 2012 and we are still here in the UK trying to sell our house. We have spent only 12 weeks in Australia since getting the 143. I understood that you could come and go as you pleased until 5 years after validation. In our case that would mean that we have to be in full time residence by November 2017. If the rules have changed, I'm wondering why we have not been notified.

Can you send me a link or a quote from where you got your info please?

Thanks, Val

Hi,

Thanks bridgeman, you explained it much better. In a nutshell in order to be able to apply for a Resident Return visa it is necessary to spend 2 years during the 5 year visa period.

Subclass 155 Resident Return visa

You might be able to be granted this visa if you:

• have spent a period totalling two years in the last five years in Australia as either an Australian permanent resident or citizen (the ‘residence requirement’).

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx

cheers

Hi,

Thanks bridgeman, you explained it much better. In a nutshell in order to be able to apply for a Resident Return visa it is necessary to spend 2 years during the 5 year visa period.

Subclass 155 Resident Return visa

You might be able to be granted this visa if you:

• have spent a period totalling two years in the last five years in Australia as either an Australian permanent resident or citizen (the ‘residence requirement’).

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx

cheers

Hi (again),

I am assuming that you have a visa to allow you to live/work in Australia which is NOT a CPV 143 or a 173. Therefore' perhaps the conditions that state you must spend a minimum of two years out of the five probably apply to you not me. You have applied for a CPV for your parent and it has not yet been granted. When it is, it will only state that;

"The subclass 143 (Contributory Parent - Migrant) visa that has been granted includes a return travel facility which allows the holder to travel in and out of Australia as a permanent resident for a period of five years from the date it was granted"

The above is a quote from my grant letter - nowhere within it says anything about a minimum two year residency. Please, if you are going to give advice on this forum, try to make sure that your information is correct. The link to a Resident Return Visa was not what I asked you to verify, I asked if you could show me where it states that the holder of a CPV 143 must live in Australia for a minimum of 2 years within the 5.

Regards, Val

Hi (again),

I am assuming that you have a visa to allow you to live/work in Australia which is NOT a CPV 143 or a 173. Therefore' perhaps the conditions that state you must spend a minimum of two years out of the five probably apply to you not me. You have applied for a CPV for your parent and it has not yet been granted. When it is, it will only state that;

"The subclass 143 (Contributory Parent - Migrant) visa that has been granted includes a return travel facility which allows the holder to travel in and out of Australia as a permanent resident for a period of five years from the date it was granted"

The above is a quote from my grant letter - nowhere within it says anything about a minimum two year residency. Please, if you are going to give advice on this forum, try to make sure that your information is correct. The link to a Resident Return Visa was not what I asked you to verify, I asked if you could show me where it states that the holder of a CPV 143 must live in Australia for a minimum of 2 years within the 5.

Regards, Val

Hello there,

What Bridgeman & I tried to explain was that the CPV 143 visa and Residency Return Visa are both inter connected in a way for those parents who wish to be in and out of the country, otherwise once the 5 year visa expires, in order to be eligible for the Resident return Visa they need to fulfill the 2 year condition of living in Australia within the 5 year CPV 143 visa grant.

I think the purpose of this forum is so everyone expresses their views so when you asked me to ''verify'' what I said, I presented what I thought was appropriate per my kowledge, however, I am not anyone's lawyer, so all I was doing was talking about what I thought was correct applicable to my situation. Not everything on this forum is, or is meant to be 100% factual, people are amateurs presenting information on what they know, all in hope of getting residency quicker.

Apologies, if the above link wasn't what you asked for & that the link didn't apply to you, however the point of sending that through wasn't to provide any sort of ''advice'' as everyone's situation is different.

Cheers,

Priya

Priya,

I have been trawling through all my visa paperwork and on DIAC and I can find nothing about a two year minimum stay before an RRV grant. I even downloaded the application form and that says nothing about two years out of the five residency.

I think I will contact my CO and get it in writing. Almost 2 years have passed since we validated our 143 and if we do not sell our UK home in time and we cannot move within the next year (which we hope to do) then we won't have time to qualify for the 2 year minimum by 2017.

I hardly slept last night worrying and reading stuff. I must have my mind put at rest.

Regards Val

Priya,

I have been trawling through all my visa paperwork and on DIAC and I can find nothing about a two year minimum stay before an RRV grant. I even downloaded the application form and that says nothing about two years out of the five residency.

I think I will contact my CO and get it in writing. Almost 2 years have passed since we validated our 143 and if we do not sell our UK home in time and we cannot move within the next year (which we hope to do) then we won't have time to qualify for the 2 year minimum by 2017.

I hardly slept last night worrying and reading stuff. I must have my mind put at rest.

Regards Val

Hello again,

The link states that you have to be in Australia for 2 years before applying for a a RRV which is a ''residence requirement''. However, I'm sure they'll consider other reasons cause there's another Visa subclass 157 too where you can rpove under compelling situations reasons you were out of Australia. If that's not the case then that'll be a relief for many parents such as yourself and mine too who won't be able to satisfy this condition. Good luck and keep the forum updated on your findings. I'm sure it'll be fine, you're not the only one who hasn't stayed ehre for long.

Thanks,