SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hey all,

Can anyone share their experiences on new Home Loans / mortgages in Oz.

I am lucky enough to have been granted a PR visa, and head over to oz in September. We have property here, on a buy to let and another on permission to let. When we visited Oz a few years back, we saw a mortgage advisor, and they said ' don't mention your uk property, as it will complicate things. The mortgage and rent all comes from the same uk account so would in effect be invisible.

Does anyone have any first hand experience on this?

We were also thinking of taking out personal loan in UK prior to leaving, so if we need it, can be a deposit for new property in Oz - would Oz be able to see these monies if we did not disclose their source?

we have excellent credit history here, but understand that starts again in oz, just wondering to what extent?

Can any advise on the following.

once a 300 or 100 has been granted and you have to go for the initial entry, does applicant and sponsor need to go?

The reason I'm asking this is that we are not moving till 2017 , but visa will be granted hopefully feb 2016 and my wife will have to activate her visa on an initial entry , can she just go on her own or do I the sponsor need to go with her or be in Australia.

Can any advise on the following.

once a 300 or 100 has been granted and you have to go for the initial entry, does applicant and sponsor need to go?

The reason I'm asking this is that we are not moving till 2017 , but visa will be granted hopefully feb 2016 and my wife will have to activate her visa on an initial entry , can she just go on her own or do I the sponsor need to go with her or be in Australia.

Hi, Only the applicant needs to go to validate.

Anyone on here used gomatilda? What do/did you think of them... Someone I was talking to a while ago used them and was happy 

Not used them as such but have had advice from them. Very good company, very thorough and know their stuff!

Has anyone recently applied to London for partner/spouse visa? How long before you were assigned a co? I sent a manual application nit online. Anyone sharing the journey?

Application sent 3/5/15 chq submitted 11/5/15

I'm looking to put our application in for a PMV within the next mth but will probably use an agent as my case is a little complicated. Just in talks with agent now & collecting info. We've been waiting a long time to get to this point so it's all very exciting! Will b good to c when you get assigned a co so don't for get to share the news ? best of luck

I think we're in the limbo between those that were quoted 6-9 months and those that were quoted 10-14. We applied july 28 just after it went up and now on 9.5 months. Hoping it will be on the 10 month mark.

Hope you hear something soon!

Anyone applied earlier than July 28th and still waiting?

Hi guys, new member here who has been following this post for a while now. I'm just about to apply for my 309 and although the waiting time doesn't bother me too much, the though of my visa getting declined 12-14 months down the line absolutley terrifies me!

My partner has spoken to a migration agent back in Oz who is a family friend and she said it is very hard to get a visa granted right now although on this thread I only seem to hear good news. I was just wondering what the main reasons are for the visa's getting declined so I can make sure my appliction is watertight.

Congrats to everyone who is getting theirs granted, with any luck I'll be able to join you in about a year:cute:

Hi guys, new member here who has been following this post for a while now. I'm just about to apply for my 309 and although the waiting time doesn't bother me too much, the though of my visa getting declined 12-14 months down the line absolutley terrifies me!

My partner has spoken to a migration agent back in Oz who is a family friend and she said it is very hard to get a visa granted right now although on this thread I only seem to hear good news. I was just wondering what the main reasons are for the visa's getting declined so I can make sure my appliction is watertight.

Congrats to everyone who is getting theirs granted, with any luck I'll be able to join you in about a year:cute:

If you are in a genuine reltionship its no harder to get a Spouse Visa granted now than it ever has been! Very strange statement for an agent to make!