SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi, i had a change of CO to LG last week, i applied on September 18th so just past the 7 month mark,also hopeing for a 10 month issue! My husband is the Aussie , we've been married almost 7 years with 3 children.

Sounds pretty straight forward to me. They should not make you any problems then. Good luck, let's hope for the 9months mark.

Hi guys, as I have been following this forum for few weeks now I decided to join in to the conversation. I'm also an August applicant. I have lodged the application on the 1st of August and got acknowledgement of the application on the 7th of August. My CO is LG. Does anyone has the same person? Haven't seen that many people mentioning this initials. I'm checking my emails more regularly now than ever to the point where I catch myself doing it at night when I wake up for a toilet :happy_face_cowboy_wI feel like an email police. Please tell me I'm not on my own :err:getting a bit crazy about it.

I've done all the medical and police check at the beginning of February as requested. As mentioned in the previous emails the waiting time for people filing the application in August, the waiting time is between 10 to 14 months. I'm really hoping for the 10 month mark and keeping my fingers and toes crossed. Do you guys think is ok to email the CO and ask for some info/update? Not sure what I should say without sounding pushy. Any advice would be great. Good luck to everyone.

Hi Magdalena,

We are in a very similar situation to you. My partner applied 12th August 2014, did medicals and police check in February 2015 as requested and was notified of a change of CO last week so our new CO is also LG.

Good luck with yours!

Hi Magdalena,

We are in a very similar situation to you. My partner applied 12th August 2014, did medicals and police check in February 2015 as requested and was notified of a change of CO last week so our new CO is also LG.

Good luck with yours!

Let's hope she is kind to us :wink:

Edited by Ozmaniac
Fixed quote

Hi Magdalena,

Good luck with yours!

Let's hope she is kind to us :wink:

I also have LG. I applied August 14th. I am waiting for August applicants to start getting their answers from June....it can't come quick enough. It's been a difficult 8 months waiting already, lets hope we all get the answer we want nearer the 10 months too! :)

Edited by Ozmaniac
Fixed quote

With the new "Assessment in progress" application status enhancements. Is it standard for my partners information to have a tick saying 'approved' next to the documents I uploaded and next to my documents it says 'processing'? is this also a new feature and does it mean that this is now a step further along from perhaps both saying processing?

Thanks!

With the new "Assessment in progress" application status enhancements. Is it standard for my partners information to have a tick saying 'approved' next to the documents I uploaded and next to my documents it says 'processing'? is this also a new feature and does it mean that this is now a step further along from perhaps both saying processing?

Thanks!

I'm way too early in the process to offer some advice, but I will say I like this new set up. My application says 'Assessment in Progress' but my wife's form (sponsor) still says submitted. I'm taking that to mean they have actually looked at it as opposed to automatically filed it in the queue. I may be wrong though.

Incidentally all of our attachments still say 'Received'.

Edited by CameronsDad

I'm way too early in the process to offer some advice, but I will say I like this new set up. My application says 'Assessment in Progress' but my wife's form (sponsor) still says submitted. I'm taking that to mean they have actually looked at it as opposed to automatically filed it in the queue. I may be wrong though.

Incidentally all of our attachments still say 'Received'.

Yes the setup is much better than before. I am assuming the fact next to my documents it says 'processing' it means they have approved that my partner is who he says he is and they are still working through all of my supporting documents. The radio silence is so difficult I am into month 8 of waiting now as plenty of other people on here are...it is so looooong!

Good luck with your application :)

Yes the setup is much better than before. I am assuming the fact next to my documents it says 'processing' it means they have approved that my partner is who he says he is and they are still working through all of my supporting documents. The radio silence is so difficult I am into month 8 of waiting now as plenty of other people on here are...it is so looooong!

Good luck with your application :)

Mobile phone and iPad access is just not configured correctly yet, but on the PC is a big improvement.

Has anyone been granted their visa who applied after the change to 10-14 months yet? I applied on 28th july, I think about a week after it went up. I'm wondering whether they are going to continue granting at the current time-frame which is around 9 months or, as the post further up indicates, no one will get it sooner than 10 months if that's what they were told. I suspect the latter...

Has anyone been granted their visa who applied after the change to 10-14 months yet? I applied on 28th july, I think about a week after it went up. I'm wondering whether they are going to continue granting at the current time-frame which is around 9 months or, as the post further up indicates, no one will get it sooner than 10 months if that's what they were told. I suspect the latter...

Not yet, still waiting but we applied 12th August. I'm guessing earliest will be 10 months.

Hi All,

Myself and my Partner applied for our Visa 25/07/14. If things keep moving how they are with people getting approved and stuff, we should be getting ours in the next few days. Not getting our hopes up tho, u know how they like to take their time.

Anyways once we hear something, when we hear something I will be sure to post and let you know months/days etc.

Fingers crossed for all of you waiting. :)

BCML

Hi guys,

A few quick questions based on my partner and I applying online:

1) My partner and I are writing personal statements but we are not using the Statutory Declaration form - do we need to have this typed-up statement/document witnessed or can we submit it online without any witness? I cannot find anywhere that tells me that we need it witnessed. NB. All our birth certificates and family's 'Form 888's' have been witnessed and certified.

2) Submitting the passport-sized photos of the applicant and the sponsor - Is this supposed to be scanned in and submitted online, or do we have to post them?

3) Is there an option during the online application to provide a signature for those documents requiring one, and how is this done?

Basically, we want to have everything organised before we start the online application. Can anybody provide a thorough overview of the online application process? i.e. any problems, hints or tips and/or anything you weren't expecting to be in the online application.

Thank you all so much and forgive my ignorance!

B

Hi guys,

A few quick questions based on my partner and I applying online:

1) My partner and I are writing personal statements but we are not using the Statutory Declaration form - do we need to have this typed-up statement/document witnessed or can we submit it online without any witness? I cannot find anywhere that tells me that we need it witnessed. NB. All our birth certificates and family's 'Form 888's' have been witnessed and certified.

2) Submitting the passport-sized photos of the applicant and the sponsor - Is this supposed to be scanned in and submitted online, or do we have to post them?

3) Is there an option during the online application to provide a signature for those documents requiring one, and how is this done?

Basically, we want to have everything organised before we start the online application. Can anybody provide a thorough overview of the online application process? i.e. any problems, hints or tips and/or anything you weren't expecting to be in the online application.

Thank you all so much and forgive my ignorance!

B

I cant remember clearly the application process (it was 9 months ago) - I think though that the personal statements about your relationship are part of the application form - as in the application form contains a series of questions about your relationship and you can just answer these online with the rest of your application - this does not need witnessing.

For signatures I think you can print the form, sign and scan it, though I cant remember doing this we might have.. I dont remember posting anything so I think you can scan the photos.

Birth certs and the like I dont think we had certified (though cant be sure...) because you scan the original they dont need certifying.

Dont rely on this though, I really cant remember. I did find it very straightforward though. Dont worry about having everything done before starting the application. I think you initially submit the form and pay and then they tell you what you need to do very specifically so it should all become clear. Again cant remember the specifics... sorry that's a bit of a rubbish response!

One more thing - the notes on the application talk about having 2 statements from friends about your relationship but I was only asked for one and later clarified with my CO that this was correct. In our case this was obviously all that was needed (married for years with 2 kids) - my point is that you dont have to have everything done and ready, apply and they will let you know what you need as it may vary for your circumstances.

It has been over 6 weeks since we applied and I've not heard anything except the initial auto generated email, so I sent a request to the department for an update. The reply was nice enough, and received in very good time, but essentially said 'your case officer will be in touch when they are ready'.

Fair enough, I just need some patience :-)

I'm a wee bit jealous of those who applied around the same time that have heard from a CO, though.

Literally 5 minutes after I posted the above, I got an email from my CO. So I've updated my vitals in the signature below.

I should also say that the letter states at least 10 to 14 months processing time as opposed to the 9 to 12 on my auto generated acknowledgement email.

Edited by CameronsDad

Got my medical sorted last week! They said if I didn't hear from them by the end of the week everything was probably OK, and I haven't heard ;) Just the Police check to go now!

Well done, another milestone passed on this long journey! How long did the medical last for? Anything unusual worth mentioning?

Mine's next week!