SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest guest72634
do u no if immigration will let me in on a one way ticket to sydney on a tourist visa as i would like to go over at xmas and as u prob no flights are mega exspensive then

No worries there. I am in Melbourne on a one way ticket at the moment. Hopefully visa will be granted at the end of this month. I was upfront at customs. When he said 'what is the reason for your visit' I said visiting my Fiancé' then explained I am waiting on my 300 visa to be granted. He was fine and said hope everything goes ok and agreed that waiting times for visa's are long.

He didn't ask about money or onward flights. So long as you partner can support you they don't care.

Littlekitty, from your post I assume your partner is British as you submitted via London? Also, I see your partner submitted medicals and police checks when requested and not with the original submission on 3rd September. Is that all correct? I am curious as we are about to submit my application and are wondering if we should be bracing ourselves for an 8-9 month wait too! We will be submitting with medicals and police checks all completed, so I am hoping it may reduce it, but expecting we are more likely to be in the queue behind you.

Yep exactly right Steve2012, he had applied for his police checks before submission, but we were just waiting for them to be sent via post (Australian Police Checks are taking a bit longer) we wanted to submit everything at once. We were advised not to go ahead with the medical straight away as the processing time may render them expired (if you do not travel to Aus straight after the grant) as they expire after 12 months. We told our CO that if we got the grant he would be travelling to Aus within 2 weeks so therefore there was no risk in the medicals expiring before entry to Aus.

I dont think it will speed it up, I think they grant on the basis of submission date - so not sure the medicals and police checks change the time. Also, they only grant a certain amount a day so that's why processing time was extended to 8-9 months.

Long distance relationship is driving me a little mad, but we are trying to break our wait time into sort of 3 month lots - 3 months not seeing each other then travel to visit. Hopefully sometime after my second visit it will be grant time! Breaking it into shorter waiting periods makes it feel not so long!

Guest guest76950
No worries there. I am in Melbourne on a one way ticket at the moment. Hopefully visa will be granted at the end of this month. I was upfront at customs. When he said 'what is the reason for your visit' I said visiting my Fiancé' then explained I am waiting on my 300 visa to be granted. He was fine and said hope everything goes ok and agreed that waiting times for visa's are long.

He didn't ask about money or onward flights. So long as you partner can support you they don't care.

Thanks k17

Guest guest76950

Not happy just been told visa will take 8-9 months when iv seen most people having to wait 4-5 months. Gf visa has run out so shes had to go back to sydney they drum it in to us that we have to be together for 12 months to be able to apply then split us up for 9 months wot a joke!!!

it's because it's so late in the year that budget and quotas are more or less non existent

I also made the error of only submitting early September hoping for a visa grant for January.

Looks like Mar/Apr for me...

Not happy just been told visa will take 8-9 months when iv seen most people having to wait 4-5 months. Gf visa has run out so shes had to go back to sydney they drum it in to us that we have to be together for 12 months to be able to apply then split us up for 9 months wot a joke!!!

anyone who applied before July 1st, was given a waiting time of 5-6 months, and those who applied on or after july 1st were given 8-9 months waiting. it's to do with the numbers applying. They can only grant so many a day, and as more and more apply the waiting list gets longer and longer. Had we applied when we initially had planned to it would have been a 3-4 month wait. yes it sucks, but thats life, alot of aussies are wanting to go home, and want to bring their husbands/wives with them.

ETA: those who apply through Bangkok are being given a 12 month wait!

Edited by Mum of 5

I'm sooooo excited that we are now onto May grants!!! I applied May 25th so not too much longer to go now! LG told me I would defo have my visa by the 12th November as we already have flights booked, not much over 4 weeks away and lots to do and people to say goodbye to. Just packing up all our stuff now, booked a Movecube with sevenseas, anyone used this service?

Im thinking its looking like closer to the 6mnth mark than the 5mnth. Its interesting to me that they only issue a few a day. I also find it a bit stange that there seems to be some start of May applicants approved and there is still earlier applicants waiting. I was under the impression that they are in order of date of lodgement. Patience was never something I was blessed with.

Seems a bit slow this week, havn't seen any approvals on here.

I think this is true to some extent but I also feel that my visa was definitely granted earlier than it was meant to have been (not that I'm complaining haha). My CO just helped me out by granting it when I was taking an overseas trip (which was mentioned in my application so regardless of the visa I was going to be out of Australia at this time). He obviously just thought it made sense to grant it a couple of weeks early when I was out of the country rather than make me take another trip a few weeks later.

Hi everyone!

I've got a question for those of you who are slightly further through the process than I am. How long was it from when you completed your medicals to being told that it was all clear? I did my medical at the end of August (5 weeks ago) but I haven't heard anything from my case officer to tell me that he has received them.

Last week I tried asking my case officer whether he had received my police certificate (it was a week after i had posted it so I didn't feel it was unreasonably early to ask) and I got a very short, very unhelpful response saying that he would be going through his mail in the next few days and if I had sent it next day delivery I should check with royal mail. If possible, I think he used even less words that I have there and I definitely got the "go away and don't dare to bother me again vibe"! I responded to say that I had sent it first class as I couldn't get to the post office so I would appreciate it if he could let me know once he had been through his mail. I've had zero further contact from him in the week and a half since but yesterday the certificate turned up back here and it has been stamped as received so I guess he did get it. He was so unfriendly though that I'm a bit scared of asking any more questions unless I absolutely have to! I was a bit annoyed actually. I know that their job isn't to answer questions about your application progress or offer advice, but I didn't think questions about whether they have received requested documents was unreasonable!

So, did you hear anything official from your case officer following your medical and if so, how long did it take? Also, I keep reading about a "no further information required" letter - or at least I think I have. Does everyone receive this and is this the way that you know your medical has passed? I think I'm starting to panic because 5 weeks seems like an awfully long time...

Thank you all!

KT

Hello!!

I just had my visa granted and was in the exact situation you are in - I hadn't heard a peep from my CO (who was PS) after about 3 months and unlike some people here my take on everything is to hassle him as little as possible haha. I was planning on taking a trip to Australia so I just emailed telling him I was leaving the country and then just added into the e-mail - just wondering if you have received my medical results, and he replied yes and I don't need any further info. etc.

I would genuinely not worry - if there is a problem they will be in touch otherwise just take it as no news is good news!

My visa was granted in under 5 months and I think I exchanged 3 emails with my CO during the entire process (and each time it was just to inform him of travel plans and change of address!)

Guest guest76950

Hi guys

does anyone no when they send u back your originals of your relationship evidance bills,bank stakement,photos,etc has there is some thing in there i need.

Guest Guest76386
I'm sooooo excited that we are now onto May grants!!! I applied May 25th so not too much longer to go now! LG told me I would defo have my visa by the 12th November as we already have flights booked, not much over 4 weeks away and lots to do and people to say goodbye to. Just packing up all our stuff now, booked a Movecube with sevenseas, anyone used this service?

We used sevenseas , just to send a 24kg box though. Recommend them. Great door to door service with the box. They were always helpful in replying to our queries as well.

We used sevenseas , just to send a 24kg box though. Recommend them. Great door to door service with the box. They were always helpful in replying to our queries as well.

We used voovit and it cost £300 for 10 30kg boxes to be posted London-Melb. It took about two months

Guest Frutsel
Thanks k17

I had the same question. As it is so expensive ( flights from Brisbane to Holland r around €1400 ) and I got no refunds it is waisted money for us.

It is all clear for me now I will go on a one way ticket with a tourist visa if 309 is not granted by that time.

Thanks for the info!

Folks, been a while since I posted on here but thought I'd check-in to see if there are any mid-May applicants with feedback on grant dates?? I'm hitting the 5 month mark tomorrow. Also, anyone else got VF and heard from her recently? I haven't contacted her for around 4 months now but there don't seem to be too many mentions of her on here...

Folks, been a while since I posted on here but thought I'd check-in to see if there are any mid-May applicants with feedback on grant dates?? I'm hitting the 5 month mark tomorrow. Also, anyone else got VF and heard from her recently? I haven't contacted her for around 4 months now but there don't seem to be too many mentions of her on here...

We have been told mid-end October for my OH's visa...so that is from about now! We have LG. :biggrin:

.....any mid-May applicants with feedback on grant dates?? I'm hitting the 5 month mark tomorrow. Also, anyone else got VF and heard from her recently? I haven't contacted her for around 4 months now but there don't seem to be too many mentions of her on here...

Hi Brucey

I'm in the same boat as you. I have VF, 5 month mark is up on Monday. I've had no contact since June.

Flying in January so no panic.

John

Hi brucey,

We applied early may, told early oct grant, but still waiting . Hoping to hear any day now. We have also not heard a peep from our CO (MC) except a few weeks ago to say she is finishing up and case being taken over by someone new. have not had any email from new person yet.

Just waiting waiting waiting. No real rush as house not sold. So just incorporating the waiting into every day life!

I will update the DaveS spreadsheet as soon as we are granted, as this seems to give a good indication of current wait times. Will defo contact new CO if no grant by end of month.

Katy

Guest guest72634

Hi Brucey, I also have VF. I applied May 29th. I am hoping mine will be granted close to the 5 month mark as I am already in Oz and I would like (need) to get a job very soon. We contacted her early Sept to say I was flying out but didn't get a reply. Fingers crossed for both of us.

I applied on 10th May and received notification of grant on September 27th and then the actual grant came through October 2nd :) Hope that helps!!

Hi guys

does anyone no when they send u back your originals of your relationship evidance bills,bank stakement,photos,etc has there is some thing in there i need.

unsure, assume they send everything back as soon as its granted!! Im sure if you urgently need something you are entitled to ask for it, or at least a copy...maybe try contacting your CO or agent if you have one! ;)

unsure, assume they send everything back as soon as its granted!! Im sure if you urgently need something you are entitled to ask for it, or at least a copy...maybe try contacting your CO or agent if you have one! ;)

Once they checked my doc's they sent it back a few days after and i did supply a return envelope with postage.

All, thanks for the responses. I was told 5-6 months too and hit the 5 month mark yesterday...but not flying until 12th Dec, so also not too rushed. That said, it feels like most of the grants I've read about on here haven't happened until the CO's been chased up. I have a slight suspicion they half rely on that. Not going to bother VF just yet but if any of you VF-ers hear from her at all, would you mind letting us know? Would just be good to know she's still around. Re. other May applicants, it'll be good when the grants start coming through as I'll have some kind of benchmark when I start chasing VF...

Happy waiting, all!

Hey guys, it's been 10 days since my fiance's medical - they said results in 7-10 days. That should be all LG needs for our application, so we were kind of hoping for an email to say she has everything she needs now. I think this is the beginning of the wait where we wont hear anything until the grant!

.... It's hell for me as I am a bit of a control freak and I keep saying to my fiance "have you heard from LG yet!?!?!" he's like "NO!" but hopefully no news is good news and now we're just another one in the pile waiting for the grant. April/May could not come quick enough! Hate being an 8-9 monther.

Hi everybody.... even iam also travelling in the same boat and counting days to hear from my CO.

Applied for spouse visa subclass 309 - Aug 15th 2012

CO was assigned - Aug 18th

received my photographs and originals from CO - 28th Aug

I have front loaded my app with police checks. My CO mentioned in the email about processing time of 8-9 months.

Iam pregnant at the time of application lodgement and my baby is due in January 2013.

Main thing im worried is that my CO has not requested for medicals yet.

Anyways i decided to post pone my medicals until my child birth but i was curious to know why my case officer has not requested for medicals.

Does this indicate anything about my application being on hold until my delivery.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation....Please let me know