SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Quick question broadly related to some of what's being discussed at the moment: once you've been sent the 'no further info' email, do you still need to keep accumulating evidence, just in case? Have any of you? I was given a 5-6 month time frame and I'm currently at about 5.5 months; I continued to receive bank statements etc and held onto everything I'd collated previously because there was simply no reason not to...and I figured that if any further questions were asked then I'd be ok. We're now moving out of our place and in mid-Dec will be flying to Oz, so I'm trying to get rid of all the clutter and ideally would like to make all my statements paperless. You think that's ok? Guess I could always call my CO...

Flying today - land In Brisbane friday then house hunting and job hunting ready for our new lives

We applied in May so just over 5 months waiting which felt like ages but now feels like its gone really quick (weird huh)

Many congrats, Vixenpops!! All the best and I hope you have a safe journey over.

Out of curiosity, when did you apply in May? And are you temp or perm visa?

Quick question broadly related to some of what's being discussed at the moment: once you've been sent the 'no further info' email, do you still need to keep accumulating evidence, just in case? Have any of you? I was given a 5-6 month time frame and I'm currently at about 5.5 months; I continued to receive bank statements etc and held onto everything I'd collated previously because there was simply no reason not to...and I figured that if any further questions were asked then I'd be ok. We're now moving out of our place and in mid-Dec will be flying to Oz, so I'm trying to get rid of all the clutter and ideally would like to make all my statements paperless. You think that's ok? Guess I could always call my CO...

Yes, I think you'd be fine. We have switched to non-paper now. You can always get them from the bank if you need them.

PS - you might not get many answers about this as I dont think there are many people out there that have got rejected! I looked up the rejection rate for the PMV and it was 9% - the majority of those rejections being "assumed forced or arranged marriages for immigration purposes".

That's right - the immi people are trained and can smell a dodgy deal and unless any of you carries out Jihad on behalf of the Taliban, hangs out with al-Qaeda or Mexican drug cartels then no news is good news.

Just stay tuned and await that email.

VISA GRANTED!!! Decided to call VF as I noticed my projected processing time was actually 5 (rather than 5-6) months and it had been 5.5 since submission. She didn't even wait for me to ask the question; she told me she presumed I was calling for an update and said she'd grant either today or tomorrow. 1 hour later, I got the email! So, my stats are:

May 15th - application submitted at Australia House.

June 12th - no further information required.

October 29th - visa grant.

To those still waiting, my fingers are firmly crossed for a quick turnaround for you all!

Hello all!

We're juuuust about to send off our 309 application to Australia House. I couldn't really find a better post to ask this question, but, I have a dilemma...I'm the sponsor and I just noticed that I have to supply certified copies of my payslips for the last 2 years. Problem is, all my payslips and even Aus Group Certs have been PDF's, or generated through online systems, so essentially, I don't have originals in order to get them certified. Has anyone had this issue? What can I do? I did toy with just sending them in as copies and crossing my fingers. Please help :/

Thank you so much in advance and good luck to all those in waiting.

Ps. Cannot believe our stupidity in waiting so long to apply, probably should've got our act together BEFORE they implemented the longer processing time. Ah well.

VISA GRANTED!!! Decided to call VF as I noticed my projected processing time was actually 5 (rather than 5-6) months and it had been 5.5 since submission. She didn't even wait for me to ask the question; she told me she presumed I was calling for an update and said she'd grant either today or tomorrow. 1 hour later, I got the email! So, my stats are:

To those still waiting, my fingers are firmly crossed for a quick turnaround for you all!

Congratulations Brucey! I'm so happy for you, should be me any day now too, im bursting with excitment!! All the best for your new life!!

Hello all!

We're juuuust about to send off our 309 application to Australia House. I couldn't really find a better post to ask this question, but, I have a dilemma...I'm the sponsor and I just noticed that I have to supply certified copies of my payslips for the last 2 years. Problem is, all my payslips and even Aus Group Certs have been PDF's, or generated through online systems, so essentially, I don't have originals in order to get them certified. Has anyone had this issue? What can I do? I did toy with just sending them in as copies and crossing my fingers. Please help :/

Thank you so much in advance and good luck to all those in waiting.

Ps. Cannot believe our stupidity in waiting so long to apply, probably should've got our act together BEFORE they implemented the longer processing time. Ah well.

My Aussie mrs had the same 'problem'. They're still payslips, as long as you photocopy them and have them certified they're valid and can be used for the application. We did this and have not heard back.

And same boat as you, didn't realise turnaround time has increased... it's already been two months since I sent mine in, feels like yesterday.

Guest MrsWooky
Hi Mrs Wooky

Just added my stats on the spreadsheet and we seem to be waiting together... we are booked to fly 31st so fingers crossed it comes in time...

Best of luck !

Hi

Sorry haven't replied before now but we're in China, travelling slowly to Australia! Internet access is not great here in China - wifi connections are intermittent and certain sites are blocked completely.

However...I have had access to my email and as it was coming up to the 6 month mark and I could see that others were getting their visas granted at around the 5 month mark so I emailed my CO to give her a nudge.

That seemed to do the trick and I got notification yesterday that my visa has been granted!!!!! We've been married for over 2 years and together for 4 (no kids) and I was granted the subclass 100 permanent visa. Have to validate by next May (date of medical - extra police check done to extend the validation period).

After all this hanging around it seems a bit unreal. At least we haven't had to spend any time apart like some of you. That would have been really hard.

It seems that giving the CO a nudge does help - in fairness I hadn't emailed much and never called but I do wonder when my visa would have come through if I hadn't nudged her!

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Dx

PS Could someone update the spreadsheet with my granted date (31st) - I can't call up the googledoc in China - Google is one of the sites they don't like, gmail is ok but some other products are blocked. Cheers!

Guest GeorgeD

Giving your CO a nudge near grant time is very much recomended. It's amazing the number of people who have emailed or called their CO aroudn that time to be told they were just about to grant it. I think there's probably quite a clear link between th etwo events!

Hi All,

Ive not been on in a while as have been flat out getting ready for move but heres an update...

We booked our flights for the 7th of Nov so we contacted CO to advise who told us she would be able to tell us more at the 5 month mark which was 22/10/12, My husband chased on the 23rd and the reply back was it going to be approved by the 29th of Oct!!

Such a relief to have this done before we get to Perth, Not sure if booking the flights and chasing the CO has made any difference but its pretty much on the 5 month mark.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting :wink:

Hi Chelsea, did you get it on the 29th??

Oooh a big envelope arrived today from Aus House in London..Im guessing it is just docs being returned, did anyone else get a big envelope with docs returned just before their visa being granted. We applied back in May so should be granted any day now...Hubby is being a meanie and won't let me open the envelope until he gets home tonight :(

Guest GeorgeD
Oooh a big envelope arrived today from Aus House in London..Im guessing it is just docs being returned, did anyone else get a big envelope with docs returned just before their visa being granted. We applied back in May so should be granted any day now...Hubby is being a meanie and won't let me open the envelope until he gets home tonight :(

They don't send you a letter...just an email to grant your visa. It's probably just the documents coming back. BUT...if you've ever been to Oz before you will have a TRN number and can check your visa staus online on the VEVO (Visa Entitlement verification Online) website without opening the envelope! If you've never been to Oz you won't have a TRN so probably won't be able to use VEVO.

if you've ever been to Oz before you will have a TRN number and can check your visa staus online on the VEVO (Visa Entitlement verification Online) website without opening the envelope! If you've never been to Oz you won't have a TRN so probably won't be able to use VEVO.

Is this true..? I have been to oz a couple times, where would I find my TRN number?

This is the first I've heard of being able to track it online!!! :jiggy:

Guest GeorgeD

If you went on a tourist visa, you should have a TRN allocated...for example, I went on a eVisitor in 2007...I use that number to check my visa status. It won't tell you how your application is progressing (so won't say your CO is evaluating anything,e tc), but it will tell you what your current visa status is...so I had an expired visa for a few years...then when my SC309 was granted it changed to me having a SC309 visa...same thing happened for my SC100 second stage.

Your TRN would be on your original tourist visa grant email. You need that, your passport number and date of birth...

Edited by GeorgeD

This is a great forum - really helpful!

July 17th - Applied for 309/100

July 19th - Application received; CO assigned (LG); request for moreinformation

August 14th - Medical

I have heard nothing since.

Just passed 100 day mark.

Like others on here I have not received a 'no further information requirede-mail' or had any of my documents returned to me. I guess each CO does thingsdifferently?

Congrats on the grant!! Getting a bit excited now as you applied a month before us. The end of this wait is almost in sight... I hope!

Guest MrsWooky
This is a great forum - really helpful!

July 17th - Applied for 309/100

July 19th - Application received; CO assigned (LG); request for moreinformation

August 14th - Medical

I have heard nothing since.

Just passed 100 day mark.

Like others on here I have not received a 'no further information requirede-mail' or had any of my documents returned to me. I guess each CO does thingsdifferently?

I had LG - I didn't automatically get the "no further information required email" so I fished for it :-). I left it a couple of weeks after my medical and asked her whether she had received it and whether she needed anything else and she confirmed in a roundabout way that she had everything and that I just had to wait the allotted time. I think you only need to worry if they keep badgering you for more documents etc. Easy for me to say now that I've got my visa :-) - it's just that long, excrutiating wait!!!

I had LG - I didn't automatically get the "no further information required email" so I fished for it :-). I left it a couple of weeks after my medical and asked her whether she had received it and whether she needed anything else and she confirmed in a roundabout way that she had everything and that I just had to wait the allotted time. I think you only need to worry if they keep badgering you for more documents etc. Easy for me to say now that I've got my visa :-) - it's just that long, excrutiating wait!!!

Bit inconsistent with the different COs.

When I ask a question I get back a copy and paste answer from the PDF.

Keen for an update from other Sep/Oct applicants.