SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just wondering, does anyone know if Immigration directly contact the people that complete your 888 statutory declaration before they issue the visa?

I know that they have not contacted mine (not yet anyway). I thought that if they did make contact it might be an indicator of how the application is progressing.

i dont think they contact them unless there is a particular reason for it or a problem, but more experienced PIOs might know this one.

I'm in aus on an evisitor, but it runs out in a couple of weeks. i'm going to apply for a tourist visa but do you think i should say 'i'm just visiting' on the application or should i say that i'm waiting for a partner visa ? confused and i dont want the visa to get denied :(

Looking at the stats on the spreadsheet, it looks like the current grant time is about 7 months and 1 week. If you hit the 7 month mark on 21 December the 7 month 1 week would be at Christmas :) If they are on holidays maybe you would hear in early January, that's what I'm hoping for anyway!

Hello,

Could you let me know where the spreadsheet is? We lodged in June, and would be keen to see how people in the same situation are progressing.

Hi,

I have been looking over these posts and they have been really helpful.

I am about to start trying to apply for my defacto visa with my other half. We are applying for in from the UK. We have made a folder with everything i think we might need in it (photos, lease agreements, flight tickets, bills ect.) we are just a big confused about what we think our best first step should be. If anyone has any advise on their first steps that would be much appreciated. The things we are confused about is should i send all my things it one parcel or should be send the application and wait for a response. Should my partner get his police checks now before the application. And who can and cannot certify documents, my mum is a nurse but i wonder because she is related if she is able to.

Also, if we start applying now does it seem realistic that we will have it through by August next year? We have been together for 3 years now and have more than enough to prove it.

Thanks,

Annika

First off, read the partner booklet PDF, then read it again :) it contains all the info you need.

Next, make sure you have evidence to go with your application for the timeframe they require (and longer won't hurt). This is things like bank statements, utility bills, things showing you at the same address but also showing you both paying your way, sharing accounts or transferring money between them etc.

Then you need things like birth certificates, passports and other official documents certified. Go to a solicitor, JP or magistrate. Your mum being a nurse won't cut it. Not only because she is your mum but also because her profession is not recognised. Legal bods only. Expect to pay a fee for this. Remember the Aussie will need certified copies of BC, passport and proof of residence in the UK also to send in.

You don't need masses of photos, they don't really count for much. So don't send an entire album or anything.

Do not do police check or medical till asked by your CO once assigned. This is usually asked for about 3 months in to the process.

You send your application in with all your evidence, certified docs, supporting evidence like copies of bills, bank statements, salary slips etc. And also the 2 stat decs (properly certified) and your own supporting statements. If your CO requires more evidence they will ask for it but they will expect you to submit a complete application not half when applying half later sort of thing.

But really, start off and download and read the partner migration PDF and application forms. Read them carefully a fair few times and make notes and get your head round it all. It can take a few months to assemble everything to be ready and you need to make sure you are organised. Writing your own statement can take an hour or 3 weeks if refining lots, depends on the person.

Oh, I read somewhere applications could be done online soon which will make it less work but you'll still need to gather everything and make sure you are up to speed on what is required when lodging online (like colour scans not B&W). The immigration website and booklet should explain it fully.

ETA - if you apply now (as in before the end of the year) it is probable your visa would be through by end of August but not certain. Current official wait time is 8-9 months from lodging. They may grant a bit sooner but it's not a given. Work to the 8-9 month timeframe (or whatever timeframe your CO gives you when they first contact you) is what I always say. That way you can't be disappointed if it's not sooner. If if is granted earlier, bonus :)

Edited by Guest

Looking at the stats on the spreadsheet, it looks like the current grant time is about 7 months and 1 week. If you hit the 7 month mark on 21 December the 7 month 1 week would be at Christmas :) If they are on holidays maybe you would hear in early January, that's what I'm hoping for anyway!

I was thinking the exact same thing! But you never know! Hope there is lots of grants in the new year :-)

First off, read the partner booklet PDF, then read it again :) it contains all the info you need.

Next, make sure you have evidence to go with your application for the timeframe they require (and longer won't hurt). This is things like bank statements, utility bills, things showing you at the same address but also showing you both paying your way, sharing accounts or transferring money between them etc.

Then you need things like birth certificates, passports and other official documents certified. Go to a solicitor, JP or magistrate. Your mum being a nurse won't cut it. Not only because she is your mum but also because her profession is not recognised. Legal bods only. Expect to pay a fee for this. Remember the Aussie will need certified copies of BC, passport and proof of residence in the UK also to send in.

You don't need masses of photos, they don't really count for much. So don't send an entire album or anything.

Do not do police check or medical till asked by your CO once assigned. This is usually asked for about 3 months in to the process.

You send your application in with all your evidence, certified docs, supporting evidence like copies of bills, bank statements, salary slips etc. And also the 2 stat decs (properly certified) and your own supporting statements. If your CO requires more evidence they will ask for it but they will expect you to submit a complete application not half when applying half later sort of thing.

But really, start off and download and read the partner migration PDF and application forms. Read them carefully a fair few times and make notes and get your head round it all. It can take a few months to assemble everything to be ready and you need to make sure you are organised. Writing your own statement can take an hour or 3 weeks if refining lots, depends on the person.

Oh, I read somewhere applications could be done online soon which will make it less work but you'll still need to gather everything and make sure you are up to speed on what is required when lodging online (like colour scans not B&W). The immigration website and booklet should explain it fully.

ETA - if you apply now (as in before the end of the year) it is probable your visa would be through by end of August but not certain. Current official wait time is 8-9 months from lodging. They may grant a bit sooner but it's not a given. Work to the 8-9 month timeframe (or whatever timeframe your CO gives you when they first contact you) is what I always say. That way you can't be disappointed if it's not sooner. If if is granted earlier, bonus :)

Thank you for your advise, it's been really helpful. We are going to get the ball rolling this weekend and we will update this forum regularly.

I applied in the UK then came to aus on an evisitor at the end of september

think you were supposed to tell your CO if you're going to aus. If you have then I guess you need to make other arrangements so you can stay in aus. Think you can apply for a visitor visa (6 or 12 month) one on shore while you're still waiting but as i said your CO needs to know if you haven't said.

Annika after reading through the booklet, we started collecting what evidence we had/have and putting that in a folder, then adding to it each time new letters/bills came through. Selected some photos to print off. Got some passport photos. Printed off the forms we needed and read through those. Asked family to get ready to do their statements. Filled out form and paid for police check and sent that off. It took a day to write our statement and then just got it edited a bit. Got our statements, passports, birth certificates certified by a JP (we're in aus). Family got their statements sorted and sent it to us (in the post as i type). I've filled out form 47sp and form 80 my partner just has to fill out form 40sp on his day off. Then once the statements come in the post and my police check we'll date the forms, box it all up and send it off. Hope to send it off before Christmas as the statements have to be 6 weeks in date and my partners mum did hers 2 weeks ago. Applying on shore but it's the same really. What i've written is what we've done in order. I'll await to be asked to do my medical.

I applied in the UK then came to aus on an evisitor at the end of september

Hi i also came to OZ on a toirist visa in September. I was told that I have to leave the country and come back in every three months. When i went to NZ i emailed my c.o just to let them know.

Hope that helps?

When did you apply for your PMV?

I'm in aus on an evisitor, but it runs out in a couple of weeks. i'm going to apply for a tourist visa but do you think i should say 'i'm just visiting' on the application or should i say that i'm waiting for a partner visa ? confused and i dont want the visa to get denied :(

Hey,

Have you called your co for a nudge yet? I really do think it helped me. I did have a job offer on the table, which I had advised them about previously also but I think that the call made the difference as my co immediately spoke to his manager and advised me there and then that they would be ready to grant once I exited oz (this was on the day of 7 months since applying). If you explain about tourist visa running out, I think it will help you get granted before.....hopefully. Fingers crossed for you.

Hey,

Have you called your co for a nudge yet? I really do think it helped me. I did have a job offer on the table, which I had advised them about previously also but I think that the call made the difference as my co immediately spoke to his manager and advised me there and then that they would be ready to grant once I exited oz (this was on the day of 7 month since applying). If you explain about tourist visa running out, I think it will help you get granted before.....hopefully. Fingers crossed for you.

Chany can i ask who your c.o was? I hit 7 months next week. Dont want to get my hopes up but it would b brilliant to start work!

Chany can i ask who your c.o was? I hit 7 months next week. Dont want to get my hopes up but it would b brilliant to start work!

I had kp.

When I called, I was originally told that the grant date would be just after Christmas but when I explained I had a job offer on the table and was there anything that could be done to bring my case forward, I was told right there that it could be granted.

So, my advice would be to call at the 7 month mark. It cannot hurt anything anyway and good to actually speak with someone instead of getting a generic copy and paste email.

OMG!!!!!!!

Recieved my passport yesterday as had to change my surname from maiden name!

Sent off a copy via email to my CO and she has now given me my grant!!!!!!!

I want to scream and tell everyone but the hubby (in oz) is in bed and not answering his phone grrr!!! Lol i want to tell him before friends n family!!!

Our application took 7 months and 1 day!

And i got the 100 with indefinate leave!!!!

Hi All,

Newbie here but long time reader.

I am also playing the waiting game; lodged on June 7th, medicals done, references in etc - been told (as have everyone) that it's 8-9 months which would be 7th Feb / 7th March. Looking at the 7 months and a week rule (spreadsheet) it's looking like it could be around mid-Jan, fingers crossed!

OMG!!!!!!!

I want to scream and tell everyone but the hubby (in oz) is in bed and not answering his phone grrr!!! Lol i want to tell him before friends n family!!!

Great to see a grant for a May applicant! Congrats!

OMG!!!!!!!

SUCH great news!! congrats!

Yaaaay awesome news!!! Same CO as me too, vey exciting! Seems like getting in contact with them almost acts as a reminder or something...

Does anyone know - we're moving back in with my parents for a few weeks prior to flying to australia, do we need to tell CO this address?

OMG!!!!!!!

Yaaaay awesome news!!! Same CO as me too, vey exciting! Seems like getting in contact with them almost acts as a reminder or something...

Does anyone know - we're moving back in with my parents for a few weeks prior to flying to australia, do we need to tell CO this address?

yes, you need to tell them of any address change. we changed our address during this process and i just emailed my CO to tell them.

xx