SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I am hopefully only a few days away.... Hoping I go straight to the 100 Partner Visa rather the 309 given I got married to my Australian wife 9 years ago and we have 2 young children....

I read somewhere recently that for the 100 you don't need to go offshore for It to be granted if you are already in Australia (but you do for the 309) - does anyone know if that's true?

Soon on the 8 month mark into early October, rather put out that my agent e-mailed our CO over ten days ago and no reply at all has been forthcoming..... still in Newcastle waiting to start the job i was successful in getting and ready to jump ship to New Zealand in a heartbeat but i guess like everyone else will have to wait my turn but it would be good to get the grant and start work as its getting a bit tedious doing the housework and cooking dinner every night !! Congrats on those recent grantees hope it all works out for you ;-)

Hi everyone, I've been viewing this forum over the past few months and have found it very informative so thanks to all who actively participate :) We lodged our PMV back in January 2014 and have just received notification that the visa has been granted - we're absolutely over the moon considering its just a shade over the 8 month mark since we lodged the paperwork. Back in July we received correspondence from the DIBP that our case officer was leaving and we were subsequently being allocated a new case officer - we were really worried that this staff change over may have led to an increase in our visa's processing time, but thankfully our worries were completely unnecessary. I've had to contact both case officers on a few occasions to discuss my application (around the 7 month mark) and have always received a timely reply, although they wouldn't commit to an actual date as to when the visa would likely be granted, but then I guess that's to be expected. Maybe the trick is not to pressurise them? I've also found the European Contact Centre pretty helpful too. I really sympathise with everyone who has been apart from their loved ones whilst their applications are being assessed - its incredibly tough, however the emotional reunion in this amazing country (Sydney was about 34 degrees today and its still spring!) make it definitely worth while. All the very best to those still waiting, patiently, for their visas to be granted.

Oh, also, we got granted the 100 :-) Like ovationplayer we didnt contact our CO - I think just letting them have the control is the trick! (Quite hard for an impatient control freak like me!!) Good luck everyone :-)

Congratulations aussiejo84 :) I was so tempted to contact my CO on an almost weekly basis but on reflection I'm kind of glad I didn't!

Yes! Ours came through today at 8 months and 4 days!! Moving back home to my family in Adelaide in November with my other half :-) Bollinger popped to celebrate tonight!!

Congratulations! We are moving back to Adelaide at the start of November as well.....never know we may cross paths in the airport :) enjoy the packing and shipping and safe travels :) I am very much looking forward to being home in Adelaide, I have missed it these past 7 years :)

I am hopefully only a few days away.... Hoping I go straight to the 100 Partner Visa rather the 309 given I got married to my Australian wife 9 years ago and we have 2 young children....

I read somewhere recently that for the 100 you don't need to go offshore for It to be granted if you are already in Australia (but you do for the 309) - does anyone know if that's true?

OMG i never saw this, i have lived with my DH for 23 years and we have been married for 12, do you think we would go straight to a 100, and not need to leave Australia for it to be granted? Doh!!

Hello Forum!

I've been lurking in the outer for some time as we prepare to complete OH's 309 application. Really appreciate everyone who takes the time to post here, it certainly helps make things feel less daunting just reading about your experiences.

Cheers and good luck to you all!

Mirella

OMG i never saw this, i have lived with my DH for 23 years and we have been married for 12, do you think we would go straight to a 100, and not need to leave Australia for it to be granted? Doh!!

I cant see why you would get the 100 granted as my partner and I have been together 4 years and have 2 kids together and he was granted the 100 automatically (last month). We did ask our CO to be considered for the 100 and she confirmed in an email that it would happen (we just wanted it in writing so there was no oops or misunderstanding and we didnt have to wait to get the approval letter to know for sure), but I have seen other people posting on here that they have been granted without having to ask or mention it.

I didnt realise that you could be in Aust when the 100 was granted but had to be out for the 309, yet I have seen someone post earlier (either this page or the last one) with a link to the immigration website that clearly says you can be in or out of Aust if the 100 is granted......so looks like you wont need to leave Aust if you get the 100 (ask your CO to confirm which one he/she is granting just to put your mind at ease if you like).

I cant see why you would get the 100 granted as my partner and I have been together 4 years and have 2 kids together and he was granted the 100 automatically (last month). We did ask our CO to be considered for the 100 and she confirmed in an email that it would happen (we just wanted it in writing so there was no oops or misunderstanding and we didnt have to wait to get the approval letter to know for sure), but I have seen other people posting on here that they have been granted without having to ask or mention it.

I didnt realise that you could be in Aust when the 100 was granted but had to be out for the 309, yet I have seen someone post earlier (either this page or the last one) with a link to the immigration website that clearly says you can be in or out of Aust if the 100 is granted......so looks like you wont need to leave Aust if you get the 100 (ask your CO to confirm which one he/she is granting just to put your mind at ease if you like).

Thanks, i have just fired off an email to my CO to see what she says, that would make life a whole lot easier.

If the information on my medical information letter is correct then I am being considered for 100 straight off without any asking for it.

I also saw the bit about not needing to be off-shore when 100 is granted and sent a query on London contact form to get clarification. Sadly all I got was a standard reply saying that there is no visa designed to allow one to be in Australia waiting for a partner visa, and no clarification of my actual question. I would also be grateful to know if one can be in Australia on tourist visa and then go straight to PR when 100 is granted without needing an off-short trip.

I suspect that the wording on the website refers to the 309/100 route, so if you were off-shore when 309 was granted then no need to go off-shore again when 100 is granted in its place after the 2 year period. My guess is that if one is granted a 100 straight off that will still require one to be off-shore when it is granted. I would be happy to be proved wrong on this if someone gets a specific clarification from their CO.

Edited by datstheone
typo

If the information on my medical information letter is correct then I am being considered for 100 straight off without any asking for it.

I also saw the bit about not needing to be off-shore when 100 is granted and sent a query on London contact form to get clarification. Sadly all I got was a standard reply saying that there is no visa designed to allow one to be in Australia waiting for a partner visa, and no clarification of my actual question. I would also be grateful to know if one can be in Australia on tourist visa and then go straight to PR when 100 is granted without needing an off-short trip.

I suspect that the wording on the website refers to the 309/100 route, so if you were off-shore when 309 was granted then no need to go off-shore again when 100 is granted in its place after the 2 year period. My guess is that if one is granted a 100 straight off that will still require one to be off-shore when it is granted. I would be happy to be proved wrong on this if someone gets a specific clarification from their CO.

Oh dear i just had this from my CO, looks like we still have to leave Oz

- Gary may enter Australia on the tourist visa but he will need to depart Australia for me to grant the 100. I’ll be in touch via email when that time is due.

Oh dear i just had this from my CO, looks like we still have to leave Oz

- Gary may enter Australia on the tourist visa but he will need to depart Australia for me to grant the 100. I’ll be in touch via email when that time is due.

Bummer! That is a bit sucky as it would have been nice to save the money the off shore trip will cost, but then again it may be nice to have a holiday to celebrate the granting of his visa.

From looking at the link/website I referred to in my response post again (http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/309-100.aspx) and agreeing with what @datstheone has said, it more refers to when you have been granted the 309 and then in 2 years apply for the 100 and get granted that....so it would be your second visa grant when you can stay in Australia for it (its a bit ambiguous in its wording that is for sure).

I would say based on what your CO has said (yay on the 100 by the way) that the first/original visa grant has to be done when you are off shore so you can enter Australia and have it validated etc. It doesnt matter if you are granted the 309 or 100 you would have to be off shore.

Long time reader and also patiently waiting for Hubby's spouse visa (lodged in May '14) just wondering how people are getting in touch with their CO from the online immiaccount?

He he sent us am email initially with the standard waiting time etc but it just directs me to the general contact email on the border website...

Just wondering ahead for when we reach the 8/9 month mark so I can send him a friendly reminder email! :)

also so is the visa electronic? We are hoping to be saying goodbye to family in South Africa at the time the grant is due... Is this ok or do we need to be in london?

Edited by Terrivn

I agree! The advice in the Partner Migration Booklet refers to applicants who hold a Subclass 309 (Provisional) Partner Visa and they can be in Australia at the time a decision is made on the second stage (Subclass 100) visa. However, if you are not the holder of a Subclass 309 visa and you have made a combined application for a Subclass 309/100 Partner Visa from outside of Australia, it is a legal requirement that you are outside of Australia in the event you are granted a visa.

Hi All,

Just a quick update on our progress.

Visa has been granted today after an 8month 17day wait. Heading out to Melbourne a week on Saturday so could not have come at a better time.

All the best to everyone waiting, and thanks to all who have contributed to forum, has been a great help

I have some news too - received an email from my case officer this morning saying that my visa is ready to be granted - woohooo!!!!! Will be heading offshore from Melbourne to NZ for 3 days next week so that it can be granted. Took 8 months and 18 days to this point (submitted via ImmiAccount on 13th January)...

This forum has been great - to those of you that have recently received your visas congratulations and to those still waiting good luck!!

Yes you would.