SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Does anyone know of any instance where the visa isn't granted after the waiting period? I'm assuming I'm going to get granted now that I'm 6 months down the line and been told that the case officer has everything...Are visas ever turned down this late in the day? I've been told the following on e-mail today, making me think it's a done deal and I just have to wait:

Europe Service Centre and we are the primary contact

for visa and citizenship enquiries for applications that have been lodged.

A case officer will process the application and request any required

documents but I can check the system for the most up to date information on

the progress of your application and discuss this with you

Just weighing up the option of biting the bullet and booking flights as we can get such a good deal at the moment!

My advice is after youve done medical and police check send email asking if anythong further that they may require and visa application status update.

Hi Lozza - they confirmed that they don't need anything else from me and just re-quoted the 8-9 months processing time

How long ago did they quote that? I think of late they have been telling people that all info has been assessed , nothing further required and that visa will be granted in the original 8 - 9 month period quoted .

Hi Sniffter our 8/9 months are end of Oct/end of Nov but we want to be out in Perth by early Sept girlfriend has emailed CO and had a reply back saying she has passed the medical and character criteria and if we are in Oz when he is ready to grant the visa he will let us know so we can leave Oz for 3 days for the process, the way it reads to us is that she will be granted the visa but its now just a waiting game so decisions decisions do we or don,t we

Gary

Thanks, no I wasn't asked for anything further and medical / police checks were A+ :-)

9 months is up tomorrow!!! I know they won't say no it's just nice to have it :-)

Let us know when yours comes through. My 8 months is on Saturday ....must he hard getting to 9- any day though :-)

Yep, know the feeling amdaloia. Hope your vent helped. :-) We're at 7 months and 10 days into the quoted 8-9 month wait and the closer we get the slower the days seem to go. Each day we try to do something that's going towards us moving home. It could be cleaning and packing things that we'll be shipping or getting a bag of unwanted stuff ready for the charity shop or freecycle. Even sorting paperwork so it's ready to shred once the visa has been granted - it's all things that'll need to be done. We just want to make sure that when the visa does come through we're not holding ourselves up from going home. I'm praying it comes through soon though. My Dad is in very poor health and now my Mum has kidney failure so Hubby's visa really can't come soon enough.

I am so sorry to hear about your parents ill health :( I cant imagine having to go through this process and having the added stress of ill family that you just want to get home to asap! Is there anyway you can stress this to your CO and ask for extenuating circumstances for an early approval? Surely they must have some sympathy towards situations like this (even if your parents have other carers/family on hand you want to be there for them).

I know my partner doesnt want to book any flights or make any definitive plans until we have that visa in hand as he needs to talk to the company in Adelaide who said they will hire him (if work available) once the visa comes through and only once we have the visa so that adds to the stress of waiting for us. If he can get work then we will move almost asap but if not then we are likely to stay here for a few extra months until the new year (bummer!) so we are in a slightly different situation than some and even though I am doing what I can to stave off the impatient waiting feeling (sorting clothing, sorting paperwork, reducing our personal items etc) it just doesnt seem like its any different to me doing a big spring clean.

Mind you I think the big thing is I am homesick and have been for a good couple of years so the visa approval cannot come quick enough and the waiting is adding to my homesickness. I want to go home and I want to see my family and have them spend time with the kids (they dont get family interaction here as my partner had a massive falling out with his folks and we dont see them anymore) and I want to get on with our life.

I dont have any doubts that we will get the approval but until it is in hand there is always this little nagging feeling of "what if".

Good luck to you with yours and hopefully you get it early and can get home to your family quick smart :)

It is exciting seeing people getting their visas granted at the moment. Congratulations!!!! I am excited to see the status of others who applied around the same time. I went past the eight month mark last Friday, and people are so right who say the last stage is the hardest. I had SV as well, but now KP has taken over very recently. How are the PMVs doing on here? Also I guess the stats are exactly the same for partner and PMV visas? Reading other people's stats and situations definitely help a lot so thank you!!! All the best!!!!!!!

Perspective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) Lodged by Australia house 11/11/2013. Case Officer assigned 12/12/2013. Health check completed 14/03/2014. Police Check sent 15/03/2014. Waiting.................................

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my details.

I'm TJ, my case officer is RN, I have been with my partner 2 years and we have applied for visa subclass 309 offshore online on 21/02/2014

Our Case Officer was assigned on 26/03/2014.

Our medical and police checks were requested after the 26/06/2014 we submitted all on the 01/07/2014.

Now the wait begins . . . We're looking to be back in Australia by the 26/11/2014.

Just received an email re my our application......If it been a snake it would have bitten me! Missed it on the 1-07-14 - only lodged on 8-06 so was not expecting quite so soon.

Case office WP - need to book medical and police check for 08-09 onwards. Did not specify whether being considered for temp or permanent - been with partner for 8 years - so sent a quick email through the immi website to see.

They have not asked for any further information at this stage.....tiny step but feels cool to be a file on someone's desk, instead of in my head :).....it starting to fell quite real #aussiehereicomebigsmile

Just a little update... I am at the 8 month mark tomorrow! I'm already in Australia..I emailed CO asking how long I needed to be offshore when/if granted and whether I would get temp or perm visa- been with husband for 10 years and have 3 kids together. This is my response from CO "You will need to be offshore for me to grant your visa, I will send you an email nearer the time to let you know but just to advise that you will need to be outside of Australia for a minimum of 3 working days. You will be granted a permanent visa straight away"

sound promising?!

Just a little update... I am at the 8 month mark tomorrow! I'm already in Australia..I emailed CO asking how long I needed to be offshore when/if granted and whether I would get temp or perm visa- been with husband for 10 years and have 3 kids together. This is my response from CO "You will need to be offshore for me to grant your visa, I will send you an email nearer the time to let you know but just to advise that you will need to be outside of Australia for a minimum of 3 working days. You will be granted a permanent visa straight away"

sound promising?!

Yeah you have been granted the PR Visa 100, no need for the 309 as you've been with ur hubby a long time and have a family together,

Surprised you didn't just get the grant through when you emailed

Just received an email re my our application......If it been a snake it would have bitten me! Missed it on the 1-07-14 - only lodged on 8-06 so was not expecting quite so soon.

Case office WP - need to book medical and police check for 08-09 onwards. Did not specify whether being considered for temp or permanent - been with partner for 8 years - so sent a quick email through the immi website to see.

They have not asked for any further information at this stage.....tiny step but feels cool to be a file on someone's desk, instead of in my head :).....it starting to fell quite real #aussiehereicomebigsmile

I had WP as my CO and she was really nice. She certainly granted when she told us that she was going too and sent a lovely email wishing us well in Australia etc.

sound promising?!

Sounds very promising. Not long now I think for you :smile:

I am so sorry to hear about your parents ill health :( I cant imagine having to go through this process and having the added stress of ill family that you just want to get home to asap! Is there anyway you can stress this to your CO and ask for extenuating circumstances for an early approval? Surely they must have some sympathy towards situations like this (even if your parents have other carers/family on hand you want to be there for them).

I know my partner doesnt want to book any flights or make any definitive plans until we have that visa in hand as he needs to talk to the company in Adelaide who said they will hire him (if work available) once the visa comes through and only once we have the visa so that adds to the stress of waiting for us. If he can get work then we will move almost asap but if not then we are likely to stay here for a few extra months until the new year (bummer!) so we are in a slightly different situation than some and even though I am doing what I can to stave off the impatient waiting feeling (sorting clothing, sorting paperwork, reducing our personal items etc) it just doesnt seem like its any different to me doing a big spring clean.

Mind you I think the big thing is I am homesick and have been for a good couple of years so the visa approval cannot come quick enough and the waiting is adding to my homesickness. I want to go home and I want to see my family and have them spend time with the kids (they dont get family interaction here as my partner had a massive falling out with his folks and we dont see them anymore) and I want to get on with our life.

I dont have any doubts that we will get the approval but until it is in hand there is always this little nagging feeling of "what if".

Good luck to you with yours and hopefully you get it early and can get home to your family quick smart :)

Thanks. :-) My Dad thinks he's never going to see me again and it's hard not to think like that, but knowing (well, hoping) the visa will come through soon is keeping him going. In his last email to our CO Hubby mentioned about my Dad so she is aware of our situation, although that was back in early April. All our CO said in reply was not to contact her again until the 8-9 months had passed. Hopefully we won't have to bother her before the visa is granted. We don't want to do anything that might hold back the grant for even a day!

Even though our situation is different to yours we're in the same boat of not being able to book anything until the visa is issued because of work. The silly thing is, the sooner hubby has his visa, the sooner he'll be taking his work with him to Australia and paying tax there and he won't be taking a job from any Australian. It's a win-win for Australia! We've spent the past 10 years saying 'this'll be our last Christmas in the UK'. It's been a long time coming and I just want to go home and start our life in Australia together. I even tear up at the thought of seeing my family again after 10 years apart!

I hope your plans work out so that you can get home this year. With tomorrow being your 8 month mark hopefully we'll be seeing your visa grant post very soon :-)

Edited by Wozziegirl

Hello everyone - I'm just about to start this process. I'm not clear whether I should be applying online or by posting everything? The online thing seems to be new, has anyone applied online? Any problems? Is it easier? Thanks :smile:

The online is a newish thing but plenty of people are doing so. I guess its whatever works best for you but I think online is the preferred way.

I applied before the online was brought (back) in and tbh if we could have scanned and uploaded everything online I'd have much preferred doing this than chasing my tail to get stuff certified and all that. And the hassle of sorting it all to post etc.

The online is a newish thing but plenty of people are doing so. I guess its whatever works best for you but I think online is the preferred way.

I applied before the online was brought (back) in and tbh if we could have scanned and uploaded everything online I'd have much preferred doing this than chasing my tail to get stuff certified and all that. And the hassle of sorting it all to post etc.

Thank you, that's useful to know. Yes it does sound easier to just scan everything. :)

Hi @Seizethedance,

My hubby and I applied online for his visa. We started a couple weeks before we submitted it as you can access and start filling out the form and save along the way, making it easy to gather info needed etc! After it was submitted and paid for it then took us to a page for uploading all our scanned docs. We have previously done visa applications for UK and they were all postal, we personally think the online process was much easier and a huge saving. If you send in the paperwork you have to have certain documents certified £££ or $$$! scanning means certifications are not required, we did double check and had confirmation that we wouldn't have to scan certified documents.

Once your application is submitted and paid for your partner can then fill in their form and submit, thankfully it is slightly shorter than the applicant form!

Good luck and let us know when you submit, some are already celebrating and the rest of us are counting the days!!!

Hi there! New to all this and to be honest I'm so clueless about it all :err: Basically I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 23, I'm a qualified dental nurse and he is a qualified plumber and we would love to emigrate to Oz! Is it a good idea to get a immigration lawyer to start the process for us? I don't even know where to begin! Suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Melissa