SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just reading through the previous posts from the past 24-48 hours has me a bit worried as we need to email our CO about an update (my partner had a potential job offer when we hit the 7 month mark and there is now the possibility of him losing that job offer if we dont get the visa through asap - we are at 8 month 2 weeks) and I am not sure if i should or not.

We REALLY dont want him to lose the job as it is perfect - his industry, in our home town where we want to settle etc (and if he loses it then we wont move for a while or he takes a job interstate or in NZ and the kids and I stay in Adelaide - not ideal).

I have my CO's email address from previous communication but should I email her direct or use the general one they send out now? Or should I not email her at all? We emailed at 7 months to advise of the job offer and was advised to wait for the 8 month mark as the approval should come through soon after that (that email came from "on behalf" of our CO and with her email address deleted and the generic one inserted).

My partner is quite distressed that he could possibly lose the job offer because of the delay and I keep trying to reassure him but its hard when the perfect opportunity is slowly slipping out of his/our grasp (especially as the industry he is in doesnt have that many jobs in Adelaide and the company were really keen to hire him).

Just reading through the previous posts from the past 24-48 hours has me a bit worried as we need to email our CO about an update (my partner had a potential job offer when we hit the 7 month mark and there is now the possibility of him losing that job offer if we dont get the visa through asap - we are at 8 month 2 weeks) and I am not sure if i should or not.

We REALLY dont want him to lose the job as it is perfect - his industry, in our home town where we want to settle etc (and if he loses it then we wont move for a while or he takes a job interstate or in NZ and the kids and I stay in Adelaide - not ideal).

I have my CO's email address from previous communication but should I email her direct or use the general one they send out now? Or should I not email her at all? We emailed at 7 months to advise of the job offer and was advised to wait for the 8 month mark as the approval should come through soon after that (that email came from "on behalf" of our CO and with her email address deleted and the generic one inserted).

My partner is quite distressed that he could possibly lose the job offer because of the delay and I keep trying to reassure him but its hard when the perfect opportunity is slowly slipping out of his/our grasp (especially as the industry he is in doesnt have that many jobs in Adelaide and the company were really keen to hire him).

Use the direct email address as things have changed considerably within DIAC since you applied and this not giving out email addresses is fairly recent. You have a genuine reason for emailing, you aren't emailing to ask if things have been received (which of course they have as otherwise the CO would have contacted to say why hasn't x and y been sent) or to ask for a timeline (which you already know because it was sent originally with the letter introducing your CO and confirming that things are in hand) but you are actually asking about something that is important - a job. Plus iirc, you have previously emailed the CO with this information so to jog the CO memory could be a good idea for you.

ETA I emailed the CO at around the same time as you are at and the reply was that the grant would happen by the end of the month (or week, can't remember which specifically but it was the end of the month almost when I emailed) and it was granted on the Friday which was also the end of the month which is why I can't remember the actual response.

Edited by MovingtoTasmania

Thanks for the quick response MtT......I will take your suggestion and use the direct email address just because I know it will get to our CO asap as opposed to the generic one. If she doesnt respond and someone does on her behalf then that is fine with us, just so long as it is seen and hopefully something is done with it asap.

Cheers

Please remember that this will be for applicants that are going in now for processing so will not apply to any of you that have applied previously.

Hi MT! Does it state somewhere that the new 10-14 months timeline is only for new applicants? Hope it's not for current ones , I almost had a coronary when I read that! Geezzzzz god help anyone and everyone going through this process - doesn't seem to be getting any easier does it? Cheers:wacko:

Hi MT! Does it state somewhere that the new 10-14 months timeline is only for new applicants? Hope it's not for current ones , I almost had a coronary when I read that! Geezzzzz god help anyone and everyone going through this process - doesn't seem to be getting any easier does it? Cheers:wacko:

Hey Lozza, afraid so matey, it's on the High Commission website for people that apply through London but only for new applicants from this week. Previous timelines will apply for old applicants so don't expire yet :laugh:

Hey Lozza, afraid so matey, it's on the High Commission website for people that apply through London but only for new applicants from this week. Previous timelines will apply for old applicants so don't expire yet :laugh:

Thanks! ill hang in there then! How you going ? You looking at making a move soon? I'm heading off in Sept and partner will be joining me prob in Oct after stuff is sorted here. Visa is due for OH around Oct/ Nov fingers crossed! Can't wait to get back , settle into working , buying a house and planning my garden! Oh and starting up my around the river walks - I used to love doing that walk. Since I've been here it's been to cold to go out much and I'm getting sooooo unfit - sun sun sun at last - soon !!

Thanks! ill hang in there then! How you going ? You looking at making a move soon? I'm heading off in Sept and partner will be joining me prob in Oct after stuff is sorted here. Visa is due for OH around Oct/ Nov fingers crossed! Can't wait to get back , settle into working , buying a house and planning my garden! Oh and starting up my around the river walks - I used to love doing that walk. Since I've been here it's been to cold to go out much and I'm getting sooooo unfit - sun sun sun at last - soon !!

I'm still trying to sell the house but after scouring google for tips, I have buried a St. Joseph statue in my front garden and had the For Sale sign moved so that it's pointing East. I feel sure that I will sell the house soon. My aunt has just fallen and broken her hip and so I don't want to leave until I know that she will be fully recovered. I can't wait to move but the weather so far this summer has been good and I've been pottering around in the garden (as well as burying statues) and just keeping up with the house. For some bizarre reason, I feel that the house will sell around the 18th August. Don't ask me why, I have no idea, I just believe this to be so.

I will keep you updated and expect some good gardening tips when we finally move over!!

I'm still trying to sell the house but after scouring google for tips, I have buried a St. Joseph statue in my front garden and had the For Sale sign moved so that it's pointing East. I feel sure that I will sell the house soon. My aunt has just fallen and broken her hip and so I don't want to leave until I know that she will be fully recovered. I can't wait to move but the weather so far this summer has been good and I've been pottering around in the garden (as well as burying statues) and just keeping up with the house. For some bizarre reason, I feel that the house will sell around the 18th August. Don't ask me why, I have no idea, I just believe this to be so.

I will keep you updated and expect some good gardening tips when we finally move over!!

ohhh your poor aunt hope she recovers soon that would be very painful , hope the NHS is treating her well.

shame about the house not selling yet - I'd imagine it's the right time of year to be selling?? Is real estate moving slowly there? We are in Aberdeen area so luckily for us house sold quickly. Fingers crossed for Aug tho - I'll send you my positive vibes for the 18th!

Yes defo re gardening tips - funny we were talking today about garden we will have. I'm hoping to buy a house with next to no garden established so I can create a completely new one , it's not that hard I'll tell you how! Actually I need to try and find out if anyone it know in Oz has a - forgot what you call it - a business owners/ trades card?? So can get plants from Benara nurseries in Wanneroo. It's great it's a massive nursery with a huge range of plants of all sizes , that only sells to businesses - so can get plants at trade prices.

oh and with house tips - get house looking as display home as possible - eg minimal clutter , take all pics down , just pack as much away as possible and hide! If u can or need to a lick of paint as neutral as possible does wonders too! I used to be a real estate agent. That's the sort of advice I'd give my landlords.

I did redecorate throughout at the end of last year before putting it up for sale and I have decluttered so much and packed things away but not my paintings. There are no personal pictures up, just artwork that I've bought over the years, which was quite expensive as it's all originals. There are no ornaments either. The housing market here is very very slow moving right now and there was a programme on the BBC recently (which thank God I missed as I would have had a stroke I think) and apparently, apart from Wales and Northern Ireland, Manchester is the worst place in the UK to try to sell a house! Doesn't bode well really.....

Thanks for all your info @Leesweeting, we to applied online through the immi account. We have been assigned our CO and booked medicals as requested etc. I think we'll ask questions when and if needed but knowing you've had good contact helps us feel confident should we need to ask any questions of our CO. Again thank you for letting us know what you know :)

Yeah that's very true. I've been apart from my fiancé for 9 months already I couldn't wait any longer. Are we sure it doesn't apply to existing applicants? Has anyone asked there c/o

Once they have committed to a timeline, then unless something happens with your application, such as you split up, the medicals are no good, you are arrested for murder then they have to try their best to finalise the application in that time as they need to meet the targets as quoted to you at the time of application.

Hi @MovingtoTasmania,

Would you mind letting us know how all previous applications to the new time frame stay at the old time frame? We've been trying to look and see if that is the case but there doesn't seem to be any information (it only shows the new time frame :( )so wanted to check and see how you found this out.

Thanks for any response we seem to be days behind on reponding and thanking everyone, so many thanks in advance!!

Fingers crossed, we really want to stay under the old time frame!!

Thank you, you've put my mind at rest :)

Once they have committed to a timeline, then unless something happens with your application, such as you split up, the medicals are no good, you are arrested for murder then they have to try their best to finalise the application in that time as they need to meet the targets as quoted to you at the time of application.

Hi @MovingtoTasmania,

Would you mind letting us know how all previous applications to the new time frame stay at the old time frame? We've been trying to look and see if that is the case but there doesn't seem to be any information (it only shows the new time frame :( )so wanted to check and see how you found this out.

Thanks for any response we seem to be days behind on reponding and thanking everyone, so many thanks in advance!!

Fingers crossed, we really want to stay under the old time frame!!

DIAC have to meet their published targets and the published targets for the previous financial year were 8-9 months so they will need meet these targets or when they are audited then they will have to answer as to why they haven't. Just as if you check past applications, the targets were still reached for previous applicants even though the published times had changed considerably. This isn't the first time that the target times have been changed and I doubt very much it will be the last time. Unless you have specifically had notification that your target timeline has changed, it is still within 8-9 months as per your original email notification.

, especially since the research that I have managed to do so far with regard to when you actually hear if you are NOT being granted the visa, suggests that it's along the same timeline as for successful applications.

It's really hard but you need to be patient and not worry :hug:

Hi MtT - I've been wondering about the same thing regarding the timescale for not getting granted - what have you found out? All correspondence with DIAC suggests that the visa will be granted (that term was used) but now I'm starting to panic that I'm going to get to the 9 month mark in Oct and get refused! I've got to hand in my notice by the end of October if we want to stick to our move date at the start of Dec, so it'll really screw up plans to not be granted! Don't know what to do about booking flights now...

Hi MtT - I've been wondering about the same thing regarding the timescale for not getting granted - what have you found out? All correspondence with DIAC suggests that the visa will be granted (that term was used) but now I'm starting to panic that I'm going to get to the 9 month mark in Oct and get refused! I've got to hand in my notice by the end of October if we want to stick to our move date at the start of Dec, so it'll really screw up plans to not be granted! Don't know what to do about booking flights now...

It's highly unusual from all my research, which was endless and I still trawl the net now for things related to refused partner visas for the visa to be refused. The main cases I found was where one couple hadn't given enough evidence but mainly seemed to rely on stat decs, marriage certificate and having children and were refused as they didn't show evidence of continuing and long lasting relationship. The other cases involved arranged marriages and one memorable one of some nutter who had married his "wife" using a proxy bridegroom and hadn't seen his "wife" since meeting her prior to the wedding and then they had only met 3 times. I shouldn't really say nutter as that be quite normal to him but suffice it to say, I wasn't surprised that the visa was refused. You will be fine. Don't worry :hug:

I think the fact that London visa time has changed so drastically from 9 months at the longest to 14 months at the longest just shows how busy the CO's really must be and clearly don't have time to hold everyone's hand through the process.

Saying that, it's natural to worry and be concerned. Remember what I was like @snifter? A real pain on here with my incessant worrying :laugh:

It's unbelievable that the processing times have been increased to the current times. I really fill for the people who are going through the process of lodging their application now. I've only been waiting 2 months and if feels like a decade.

Am I right to assume that the processing times quoted to us in the letter from the CO acknowledging our application is the timeline that they will be working to?

anyone had their visa granted recently. I don't see many joys of happiness on here.