SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi,

I just wanted to add a contribution to this thread as I have followed it for information myself over the last few months and thought this information my be of interest to some of you guys.

I was granted my subclass 100 visa last wednesday 11th June. I submitted my application in London on 11th November complete with police checks and completed my medical on feb 11th as instructed.

So the process for me seems to be complete in exactly seven months - throughout I was quoted 9 months, and based on what I've read in this forum expected this to be the case.

I've no idea why we seem to have received our grant so quickly - the only thing I can think of is that I never at any point attempted to contact my case officer, except to confirm receipt of the medical (i did read a thread from someone suggesting this some time ago) - so perhaps this counted in my favour? Who knows!

In any case - good luck everyone else waiting, can't be long now.

Hi,

I just wanted to add a contribution to this thread as I have followed it for information myself over the last few months and thought this information my be of interest to some of you guys.

I was granted my subclass 100 visa last wednesday 11th June. I submitted my application in London on 11th November complete with police checks and completed my medical on feb 11th as instructed.

So the process for me seems to be complete in exactly seven months - throughout I was quoted 9 months, and based on what I've read in this forum expected this to be the case.

I've no idea why we seem to have received our grant so quickly - the only thing I can think of is that I never at any point attempted to contact my case officer, except to confirm receipt of the medical (i did read a thread from someone suggesting this some time ago) - so perhaps this counted in my favour? Who knows!

Congratulations! 7 months is a great result and gives those of us still waiting the hope that it might happen sooner rather than later for us too.

Who was your CO?

The bit about not contacting them is such a tricky one. We emailed ours to check that the medical was all OK and was told it'd been referred. When we replied to ask why, the email tone changed to snippy and she said not to contact her again until the 8-9 month mark! We hadn't even asked anything about waiting times, just the medical! Apart from our replies to the emails that she'd sent us at the beginning, we'd only emailed her the once so it's not like we'd been hassling her.

Hubby ended up phoning the place that did the medical and they said he'd passed and that all was fine so at least we know nothing nasty showed up in his test results. We're just none the wiser as to why he's been referred or what'll happen next.

Hi, I had posted a new thread but thought I would ask on this thread too!

I had a kidney removed when I was 18 months old, have had no problems medically since then and my annual check ups finished when I was about 14 years old.

Has anyone thats had the medical been in a similar situation as me, or know of anyone that has? I'm hoping that as it was so long ago that my medical will be straight forward but any information or thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

Hi,

WOW that is fantastic news!!!! Congratulations, I bet you guys are over the moon given the normal wait time is 8-9 months. I am a little jealous that you guys got yours so quickly but very happy for you too :D

We lodged on 18 Nov, so a week after you, and I sincerely hope that we get the approval within the next couple of weeks as waiting another month or more is going to drive me mad. It would be so lovely to have the approval even though we cant move until Sept/Oct anyways.

Enjoy the feeling of knowing the waiting is over and good luck with your move :)

Hi guys,

I'm new to this tread but have watched for some time now. I'm so excited for all those who had their application approved and I'm waiting with baited breath for my partner and I to hear word from our CO. We lodged our application on 22/10/2013 so it can't be far away now :-) My Partner is Irish and due to work commitments when he was in Australia on a working visa 457 we were unable to meet the living together requirements of 12 months. We registered our relationship and we're hoping this will help our application as we could only price living together for 5 months before his return to Ireland due to his work visa expiring. Has anyone else on here had similar circumstances and still had their application approved??? We will be at the 8 month mark on Sunday so I'm hoping it's anytime now. I'd love to hear from anyone will experiences such as ours

Sorry to serial post!

I've just had a look at the e-medical referral letter and the visa details say SPOUSE (Migrant Spouse Permanent), does this mean that I might skip the 309 subclass?

No, it says that for everyone. Your application for a 309 is in fact an application for the 100 at the same time. They'll "reassess" you in two years (from the date of your 309 application) for the 100, but you won't skip directly to it unless you've been married/de facto three years or longer, or two years+ with a child together.

The days do seem to mingle into a blur, the wait is like sitting on a wall and watching life from a different vantage point to everyone else, like the naughty seat of the adult world, you live it but nothing registers or seems important. It makes you appreciate those such as forces members who are apart for long periods of time to protect other peoples families.

In some way it is a life experience that we should all go through to a degree to appreciate what we have, it has brought me and my Australian fiance even closer together despite the distance we are physically apart, oh and yes of course we are counting the days !

hi all just am updating...i got my pmv in december and have been in oz since end of december. got married in april and applied for my 820 temporary residence visa on 7th june and received it today 10 days later....not what i was expecting at all but very happy. i hadn't even finished adding all of the evidence...obviously had already included enough

:)

hi all just am updating...i got my pmv in december and have been in oz since end of december. got married in april and applied for my 820 temporary residence visa on 7th june and received it today 10 days later....not what i was expecting at all but very happy. i hadn't even finished adding all of the evidence...obviously had already included enough

Hi snuck in,

How long did you have to wait for your pmv?

Hi,

Congratulations!! I submitted my application 12/11/14 so hopefully not long now! Although I moved out to Brisbane 2 weeks ago so will need to leave Australia before visa gets granted.

Arrrrgh. Though PMV-to-820 applications usually go through really quickly (several days to several weeks) I've been waiting on mine since 24 April, and absolutely everyone else I know from here and another forum who applied for theirs AFTER me have already gotten it. Theirs are going through at a normal pace. It's been almost two months. I don't get what the holdup is for us. :( Anyway, glad you got yours quickly!

Ah, okay - no worries. It was an online submission. I got my acknowledgement and BVA immediately, but nothing since. It's pretty typical for PMV-to-820 folks especially to get no correspondence except the grant as it usually happens so quickly. No need for medicals or police checks again, typically.

Exciting news, CO assigned yesterday and managed to get hubby's medical booked for August. We've been told he'll be at his medical appointment for approx 2hrs, can anyone/someone please shed some light as to what is done at medical. We're aware it chest X-ray, blood test etc but what does the main portion of the medical involve? Thanks in advance

Nothing else really,

Just general questions of health, also a weight and quick eye test, read a line off a board.

Urine sample so drink plenty the night before and morning of as dehydration can show false signs of levela of protein in the urine,

A quick listen to the chest and feel of the kidneys.

Thats what I got anyway.

When I took mine, I had to give a urine sample, had blood taken, measured height and weight, did an eye test (a very basic, read the top 3 lines) had check from the Dr which listened to my chest, a brief physical in that she checked my glands then had my x-Ray. Done. I would suggest booking for the start of the day as I was first in and it only took about 45mins but there were others waiting when I left.

Submitted my 300 Subclass visa on the 16/6/14. Payment was taken on the 18th so now it is just a big waiting game.

Good luck! Don't worry if you don't hear from your case officer until 8 weeks or so - that was what had me the most nervous. Welcome to the waiting game...